Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyoraku Shunsui

48 46.60%
  • Ukitake Jushiro

1 0.97%
  • Unohana Retsu

27 26.21%
  • Kurosaki Isshin

5 4.85%
  • Someone from Zero Division

12 11.65%
  • Aizen (for lulz)

9 8.74%
  • I will post

1 0.97%
New Reply
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 516 Discussion

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    FrostyMouse
    More abilities? You mean bigger Getsuga?

Talking seriously, I never expected Ichigo's Bankai breaking to be a case here... Hope he will try to talk to Zangetsu. I don't really understand, why he didn't try it, though it's Ichigo...
    Also about abilities. Yama stated that Ichi's Bankai looks still incomplete and that Ichigo still needs time to master it fully and understand its abilities, so I believe we'll get that if it wasn't his final Bankai's appearence and form, then he will fix it by acquering that form. I believe Isshin can help him with this. Still, it seems that this won't happen soon.
    I agree that Ichigo's bankai is still immature and we've already seen it change form once before, so he can be saved on that front, although this ruling about the breaking of bankai (unless you're Komamura) being permanent seems a bit odd.

Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    I can't wait for 517 now...I really really wanna know more about them.

Like everyone, I'm hoping Hikifune is the black-haired one.
    Does it really matter which one Hikifune is? The black-haired one is still more interesting than the weird looking one, no matter which one is which.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course it'll just be "cooler" Getsuga, Jorge. :P

Spoiler show

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed this chapter so much. Most of all, the appearance of ever-so-waiting-tosee-them Zero Division. They looked so lively. Kubo hardly goes wrong with characters. I hope they wont be an exception. The question is the purpose of their visit at the moment? Are they here to appoint a new captain or they are here to fight the Quincy at the front?

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

FrostyMouse
    Yes, it's really strange. As well as breaking Bankai results in loosing its power, the way it happened to Ikkaku or Renji... Hope Ichi won't have such problems.

I really had hopes that some of Ichigo's distant relatives might be in Royal Guard, but now I don't really know if that can happen.
    Also I do hope Hikifune is hotty brunny on the right... She looks more promising.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bonifide View Post
    I hope Kirio Hikifune is the sexy one not that chubby fat ass. Watch it be that fat ass that Hiyori was so attached too.
    Well the chubby one does fit the role of a "mother" figure that was used to describe Hikifune when talking about how Hiyori viewed her a little better then the sexy one. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the sexy one was a former 2nd Division Captain. And the dude with the straw and hairdo might have been the 11th Division Captain. But the rest i don't know where they would fit based off of appearances.

However the dude on the far right looks like a combination of Tousen, Love, and NaNaNa. lolz

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

9. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

FrostyMouse
    Yes, it's really strange. As well as breaking Bankai results in loosing its power, the way it happened to Ikkaku or Renji... Hope Ichi won't have such problems.

I really had hopes that some of Ichigo's distant relatives might be in Royal Guard, but now I don't really know if that can happen.
    Also I do hope Hikifune is hotty brunny on the right... She looks more promising.
    People
    Spoiler show
    brought up the issue of Ichigo "breaking" Byakuya's bankai, but we never saw an adverse affect there.

Although, if his bankai had weakened, it could partially explain how Tsukishima was able to deal with it, more than just Book of the End.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member danzouismadara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kon was the best part of the chapter! As for the royal guards.... they look lame except for the one that look like kenpachi and the hot female. I was hoping for more old school looking captains like yamaji and shunsui to be part of the royal guard. Anyways, who is protecting the kings palace if the guards are all gone?

Can someone message me an anime that's similar to d grayman or claymore or deathnote?

Ive seen Deathnote, deadman wonderland, fairytale, shigurui, ao no exorcist, beelzebub, samurai champloo, code geass, devil may cry, Hakuouki, monster, blood plus, gantz. Basically, something with demons and gore.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Avishek's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

First impressions of rg l to r
    1.looks like female omeada. Please dont let her bankai be a lying chair!
    2.reminds me of a fodder bad guy from a samurai series.
    3.looks like a circus strongman. Shikai is a dumbell!!
    4.seems like a mix between soi fon and yoruichi. Through drawn in geisha style.
    5.rose infused with joker toxin.

If this is the royal guard I think the palace may be a circus tent.
    Reading is a good habit.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

*cue Aizen breaking out of prison and attacking the King's Realm by somehow taking over the RG's transport*

I mean, the RG don't seemingly have an Ouken as they use this transport to shuttle back and forth between the King's Realm and SS. What would they do if their transport was destroyed or stolen?

Unless Yama passed on knowledge of the location of the Soutaichou's Ouken or Karakura Town was sacrificed, the RG could be trapped in the normal plane of existence.

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

OMG!! Now Ichigo lost his sword!

He will be using.... a bow! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Now Kubo laid out the grounds for turning Ichigo into a quincy!!!

As for the 5 captains of the Zero Squadron, I hope each of them is as strong as Yamamoto Genryusai.
    Last edited by Toby_Temple; November 14, 2012 at 03:12 AM.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone else felt joy in seeing Kon? Actually I did, a little. Haven't seen him for so long .

Just reminding, you can PM us poll question and the options. Would be happy to put it up. Till, then lets speculate about the Hikifune among them .

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    wow they all are weird and interesting....i assume there will be funny characters too...leftmost one can be hikifune... i have a feeling that RG will be totally opposite of g13...more comical characters than serious types...its time bleach gets back in humour too...its all dark at the moment...
    Bleach has always been 'dark' in nature. I fail to remember any time where it wasn't. There may have been comedic moments, but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by StarkPoseidon View Post
    I agree. Ichigo will find some way to get it back. This will probably involve a conversation with Zangetsu.

Or actually, the Zero Squad may restore his bankai for him (who knows what they can do).

KON IS BACK!!! Woohoo!!!
    I strongly hope that he does, and I agree, the Zero Squad will likely have something to do with it...Of course it could go the other way entirely and Ichigo will re-acquire his hollow powers, gaining complete control over them. Or Mayuri could assist in training him in some Quincy abilities, unlikely as that is.

Well, I hope Ichigo's Bankai will be restored somehow. If his Shinigami powers got back several times, then he should get his Bankai back as well. Otherwise he would get way weaker without it.
    Also how come his Bankai Zan is broken, but he is still in his Bankai outfit and broken Bankai Zan doesn't get back in Shikai.

About Royal Guards... They look really strange for now. Still, it's quite an interesting info that they are stronger than the current entire Gotei. Still, it's not a big fit. Or at least quite vague, since Aizen or Yama should be also stronger than current Gotei, since Yama and Sasakibe died and Kenpachi and Byakuya are out of the game. Also Hitsu, Soi Fong and Komamura lost their Bankais... So it's quite obvious that these guys should be stronger than current Gotei. Still, I didn't think that there will be only 5 members.

So, in the enxt chapter we are bound to see a conversation between Royal Guards and Captains of Gotei and also maybe something will be connected to Ichigo.

P.S. Damn!!! We finally got to see Kon.!!!^) He buffed really much. Never expected him to appear at this point.
    I doubt that Ichigo would be 'way weaker' without his bankai. As to him still being in Bankai, it could be that a Shinigami's Bankai is similar to an Arrancar's Ressureccion in that if they 'break' they are unable to return to a previous state. But since that is unlikely due to the events listed in this chapter, as regards Ikkaku's and Renji's Bankai, it is more likely a case of, even if you open a door, the door is still there...sorry, but I couldn't come up with a better analogy.

Kon's appearance at this point served no purpose other than to waste three pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    I thinks it's time Isshin made an appearance. So those omake at the end of the Arrancar downfall arc were true! Kon did get abducted by the science division!

The royal guards appearance really threw me off. If they make an OVA they should give an ominous tune during the RG arrival and then circus tunes as each captain is shown.

But seriously, a written transcript that urahara and co are okay doesnt mean a thing. For all we know they are lying in a heap somewhere as possibly gingo/grimjow sent the message.

About ichigo's quincy heritage I wonder if Uryu may just be his cousin or something given how thin their stock had been. If so, Uryu's father must have known about Ichigo. I hope he and Isshin help Ichigo repair his sword.

And it's been a while since old man zangetsu made an appearance as did hollow ichigo!
    They better not make it into another bloody OVA series. I'm getting really pissed off with the frequency with which that is being done as it completely ruins any fluidity within the story, and all that eventuates is having an extra ten minutes tacked on to a normal episode after the flashbacks of what happened last time.

I doubt that Ichigo is related to Uryuu in any way other than really, really, distantly. Otherwise they would have been told this due to them living in the same damned town, and going to the same school. Any thoughts to the otherwise are completely useless.

I agree that it has been a while since Zangetsu or Hollow Ichigo appeared, but then, there has been no need for them to either. Also they weren't appearing too frequently at any point anyway, really only just before, during, and just after the Soul Society Arc.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh relax Toby. It's all a clever way of writing Ishida out of the manga permanently.

I was actually surprised by the chapter. We got a CONTINUITY CALLBACK. To Volume NINE. That made me absurdly happy. And then there was the Renji bankai being incomplete (holy shit, we have an explanation for why he has been shit since the Byakuya fight!) and Ikkaku's being damaged.

And Kon showed up! I felt such waves of nostalgia for the days when I watched the first season of Bleach with my sib many years ago.

The "Palace" thing - anyone else reminded of the Kuukaku canon?

Now, unfortunately, I highly doubt the Zero Squad is going to be related to the Kuukaku clan. Kubo just went above and beyond his usual writing new bullshit. Things are bound to meet the shitter quallity-wise.

Here's hoping the broken bankai is permanent. Ah fuck it, we all know it won't be.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    As for the 5 captains of the Zero Squadron, I hope each of them is as strong as Yamamoto Genryusai.
    This is what excites me the most at the moment. How strong each of them are in comparison to Yamamoto? Yama claimed to be the strongest shinigami over 1000 years. Was he considering the Zero Division as well?
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; November 14, 2012 at 03:27 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast