Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who will be the next Captain Commander?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kyoraku Shunsui

48 46.60%
  • Ukitake Jushiro

1 0.97%
  • Unohana Retsu

27 26.21%
  • Kurosaki Isshin

5 4.85%
  • Someone from Zero Division

12 11.65%
  • Aizen (for lulz)

9 8.74%
  • I will post

1 0.97%
New Reply
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 516 Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Discussion / 517 Predictions

thornofcarrion
    Well, concerning Ichi's Zanpaktou I see two or three options.
    1. Isshin explains Ichigo how to repair his Bankai via communication with Zangetsu in its inner world and also mastering fully its true form and abilities.
    2. Learning Quincy abilities from Ryuken and thus being able to absorb some spiritual particles and strengthening and reforging his Zangetsu via such a power.
    3. Orihime might help him to reject hiz Zan being broken. That's an interesting possibility and I'm thinking that we might see some mix of all the three possibilities.
    At least for me it would be really interesting to see the first two options together.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    hyori did say that,when she claimed that rikio was better than urahara.anyway didn't isshin leave SS 20 years ago? If he were a RG,then rikio is not the last one promoted. Isshin was either a RG or hitsugaya's previous captain
    hiyori said that hikifune was better than urhara due his clumsiness...and hiyori and hikifune were like daughter and mother...so obviously she would hate urahara in the beginning...this does not mean hiyori stated that hikifune is "cute" which you stated her to be...

secondly isshin did not leave ss 20 years ago...he stopped being shinigami 20 yrs back(after his wife died)...its a possibility that he was just a substitute shinigami like ichigo...or he became shinigami under some special circumstances like ichigo only...i know it was said that ginjo was the first substitute shinigami but this was told by hitsugaya and he is not too old to know everything...furthermore ginjo knew about isshins past which makes me believ that he could be like ichigo and ginjo...ginjo also pointed out that shinigami human hybrids have been there before too...

about isshin being a member of RG or SS i don't think a human could fit in that role since it would give rise to many weird possibilities...like if isshin was a soul so his body is a gigai..so could gigai reproduce ?? the only thing fits here is isshin being a human/shinigami and masaki being human/quincy making ichigo shinigami/quincy/human...still not sure what kubo might pull out of his magic box...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner BulaNe's Avatar
    Country
    Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    Ok. Guys. If Yamamoto founded Gotei 13 1000 years ago, and he was the Captain Commander for 1000 years, then there was no other Captain Commander of Gotei 13 until now.
    Then his predecessor was simply a Commander of SS, because there were no captains before Yamma founded Gotei.
    I believe there was a statement that in SS's history, Yamma was 34th CC or something but I'm actually unable to find the proof/source, so maybe I got reality mixed up with wishful thinking
    Last edited by BulaNe; November 15, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Isshin was obviously a captain at some point, otherwise he wouldn't have a part of captain's haori on him when fighting. Sometimes the answer is just simple.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulaNe View Post
    Then his predecessor was simply a Commander of SS, because there were no captains before Yamma founded Gotei.
    I believe there was a statement that in SS's history, Yamma was 34th CC or something but I'm actually unable to find the proof/source, so maybe I got reality mixed up with wishful thinking
    yes CC does say that he is some 30th CC commander...this implies that gotei 13 was founded long time back and had many captain commanders before yamaji...
    there were captains before too...its just shunsui and ukitake were the first captains from yamajis academy...
    Quote Quote:
    Isshin was obviously a captain at some point, otherwise he wouldn't have a part of captain's haori on him when fighting. Sometimes the answer is just simple.
    who says that proved that he was captain...has it ever been mentioned that what isshin was wearing is a captain hiori ?? it could be related to quincy...some past thing of his wife...quincy wear white...even research and dept people wear white ...the only thing isshin says about himself is that he is a captain class shinigami...that does not imply that he was a captain...even ichigo is captain class shinigami but not captain...
    Last edited by dex; November 15, 2012 at 09:15 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    thornofcarrion
    Well, concerning Ichi's Zanpaktou I see two or three options.
    1. Isshin explains Ichigo how to repair his Bankai via communication with Zangetsu in its inner world and also mastering fully its true form and abilities.
    2. Learning Quincy abilities from Ryuken and thus being able to absorb some spiritual particles and strengthening and reforging his Zangetsu via such a power.
    3. Orihime might help him to reject hiz Zan being broken. That's an interesting possibility and I'm thinking that we might see some mix of all the three possibilities.
    At least for me it would be really interesting to see the first two options together.
    Imo the first is the most likely, since Yama did say that Ichigo's Bankai was premature and thus evolving.
    Or changing it altogether

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member bleach fan 101's Avatar
    Country
    Wales
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    But Yama-jii said he is not the first Captain-Commander,so exactly what were the previous Captain-Commanders commanding ? (lol)
    The Gotei 13 existed before Yama-jii was born, he founded the shinigami academy
    http://h.imagehost.org/0990/667_rend...low_vizard.png

Unless I grip the sword I cannot protect you, while I’m gripping the sword I cannot embrace you ~ Tite Kubo

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

bleach fan 101
    You are wrong. It was stated that he founded Gotei as actual Divisions. Before that there was another military structure in SS.
    Maybe there were just several strong Shinigamis of Captain Level and a bit lower who were commanded by Captain Commanders, but he actually formed not only Academy, but Gotei 13 itslef.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

dex
    Isshin is stated to be a pure Shinigami. He was in Urahara's Gigai for 20 years, thus it's way before than Ichigo was born, thus it was also before his wife died.
    Thus, there was a comment from a Grand Fisher that Ichigo is "true blood", because before everyone thought that Ichigo was just a lucky human, who got power from Rukia, but when he learnt that Isshin was an actual Shinigami, then he stated that then Ichigo is a real deal and not a wannabe Shinigami...

Isshin seems to be at least a Captain as he wears partly reaped Captain Haoiri and also stated that every Captain must kinow how to control the size of his Zanpaktou, otherwise they would be like Skyscrapers...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Regarding the Orihime topic, she can certainly reject all physical wounds but her powers have limits. Rejecting a spiritual wound is one of them. Zanpakutous (I always spell it wrong) have physical representations right? Which means that Zangetsu is injured. So Orihime would have to reject Zangetsou being injured but she has no access to the realm of Zangetsu as she only sees a sword in front of her. It is not just swords that Shinigami like beings carry : it is their souls within as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Revolation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 516 Spoiler Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    The translation is so much better than mangastream's this week. o_0. Or is that how it usually is with mangapanda?

Good to see Kon back. He got kidnapped by 12th division so long ago in the omakes, so it's refreshing to see omakes actually referenced in canon o_0. Nice to see Ichigo just now learning of Ikakku's bankai. Actually this chapter has a lot of continuity with referencing the seireitei walls, prior bankai fights, etc and actually revealing info we didn't know before about them. Actually, quite a lot happened this chapter for a bleach chapter.
    Bleach 354-356 spoiler and chapter discussions. Most hilarious ones ever. How hueco mundo and The Lust arc killed "ichihime"
    Spoiler: What happened with Nel and Kenpachi after Ichigo went to Ulqiorra(vol 39 sketches) show

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

New Poll is UP, thanks to dex. I have tweaked it a bit .

I think I have said it before, why has Zero Division appeared when VR's invasion is over and they have left? Is it because they could not have come earlier due to some limitation? Or they are here on a pupose?

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

bleach fan 101
    You are wrong. It was stated that he founded Gotei as actual Divisions. Before that there was another military structure in SS.
    Maybe there were just several strong Shinigamis of Captain Level and a bit lower who were commanded by Captain Commanders, but he actually formed not only Academy, but Gotei 13 itslef.

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

dex
    Isshin is stated to be a pure Shinigami. He was in Urahara's Gigai for 20 years, thus it's way before than Ichigo was born, thus it was also before his wife died.
    Thus, there was a comment from a Grand Fisher that Ichigo is "true blood", because before everyone thought that Ichigo was just a lucky human, who got power from Rukia, but when he learnt that Isshin was an actual Shinigami, then he stated that then Ichigo is a real deal and not a wannabe Shinigami...

Isshin seems to be at least a Captain as he wears partly reaped Captain Haoiri and also stated that every Captain must kinow how to control the size of his Zanpaktou, otherwise they would be like Skyscrapers...
    i dont think it has been mentioned that g13 didnt exist before yamaji became its captain commander...its just assumption everyone is making...yamaji himself says that shunsui and ukitake were first of his students from academy who became captains in g13...which means it existed before yamaji trained shunsui and ukitake...only proof we have is of yamaji founding academy in which he trained people to join g13...
    pure shinigami here is an ambiguous term...he would be pure if both mother and father are shinigamis...although only one of ichigos parents is shinigami...grand fischer was just pointing out that ichigo has the blood of a real shinigami but overall his statement does not make sense...and making a kid out of gigai...its weird...
    and about wearing captain's hiori its just seems that he was a captain but like i said this is not proven yet...there could be many other reasons that isshin wears that white hiori...
    he stated that every captain class shinigami knows how to control his zan size...captain "class" and captain are different terms...like i said ichigo is captain class but not captain...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the statement with how strong the Zero Squad are and how Isshin was able to handle Aizen (with the whole Fingerflick thing). To me it's looking Isshin is def on par with Zero Squad level of power, he may have been even part of the squad at some point. I'm hoping that we'll get the Isshin - Ichigo convo within the next 10 chapters

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

dex

Read the info here (it is said in history part):
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Genry%C...ekuni_Yamamoto
    So, it's not an sumption...

It didn't exist before Yamamoto. It had a different militsary force with different structure. Not as Gotei we knowat least.

Well, about Captain or Captain Class, it differs in different translations. I do prefer the one with the Captain. It does make sense. And yes, Isshin is obviously a Shinigami who was in Gigai. About the question how he managed to concieve Ichigo and his sisters like this? That was raised several times, but it's a fictional manga, so that's not a question you should focus on.

Also more about Isshin here:
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Isshin_Kurosaki
    Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; November 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Renaan View Post
    Given the statement with how strong the Zero Squad are and how Isshin was able to handle Aizen (with the whole Fingerflick thing). To me it's looking Isshin is def on par with Zero Squad level of power, he may have been even part of the squad at some point. I'm hoping that we'll get the Isshin - Ichigo convo within the next 10 chapters
    only thing that makes aizen too strong is his unique ability...otherwise he is as good as senior captains in terms of reiatsu and potential...even during fights he defeated weaker captains without using KS while he had to use KS to defeat shunsui ,shinji and other 2...he became overpowered after he fused with hougyoku... isshin being at par with aizen without being affected by KS suggests he is at level of senior and strong captains like urahara,shunsui,yoruichi etc...
    these 5 people together surpass whole gotei 13...they are hell strong and could be close to FGT ichigo and butterfly aizen if not equal...or maybe they have unique abilities like aizen...

dex

Read the info here (it is said in history part):
    http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Genry%C...ekuni_Yamamoto
    So, it's not an sumption...

It didn't exist before Yamamoto. It had a different militsary force with different structure. Not as Gotei we knowat least.

Well, about Captain or Captain Class, it differs in different translations. I do prefer the one with the Captain. It does make sense. And yes, Isshin is obviously a Shinigami who was in Gigai. About the question how he managed to concieve Ichigo and his sisters like this? That was raised several times, but it's a fictional manga, so that's not a question you should focus on.
    i already read that bleach wiki info...but that does not come from kubos mouth i guess...its just speculation made like we do it...the whole thing is still unclear and yet to be verified...

about captain class and captain even you cant be sure...but i dont think it makes sense as just captain..."captain class" has been mentioned even by aizen...it refers to a shinigami who rivals a normal captain in terms of reiatsu...and it has never been said that isshin is using gigai...

also if yamaji said he was some 30th cc then that means there were atleast 30 cc before yamaji...so he could not have founded it...if he did why would he not become its cc right away and wait for 30 people before him taking the seat ?
    Last edited by dex; November 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM.

New Reply
Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 ... LastLast