Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gantz 374 Discussion/375 Prediction Thread

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Xqtr.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gantz 374 Discussion/375 Prediction Thread

I've read something like Oku wants to finish Gantz before 12/21/12, because you know, it's the 'end of the world', and Oku tends to believe in theories like that, lol.
    I hope it's not true, but it would kinda make sense for the last chapters to be on 3-4 weekly breaks, so Oku could've much time to draw one last long and epic chapter.
    It also seems that the last chapters rushed into the conclusion with the room of truth, the Alien Spaceship retreating, all the Gantzers returning to Earth, no more real threats (at least none that we would expect as a reader, now that the Aliens are gone)...

However, I also wish for Gantz to be on hiatus, because it is/was such a great Manga to follow...
    and if the rumors are true and Oku sees that the world isn't going to end, then hopefully he will return with another great... um, let's call it story for now!

@Chapter:
    I really hoped for the American guys to make a game out of the situation, where only the winners of those battles are being sent back to earth... but seeing Oku rushing the end, I kinda lost hope for this cool and exciting scenario :/ ...
    now it seems like some 'random' Gantzers are showcased, maybe they die in the next chapter(s) and our heroes have a last fight...
    but sadly I got the feeling, that this is not going to happen.
    Life is but a Dream ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darthdevil's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well , i hope he wont end it with a boring and usual happy end . But right now it seems like this will happen ...

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Oku sure picked the pretty symbolic 20th December for the next chapter, a day before you know what.

So yeah I expect this to be the end of the first part of the series, as far as I understood it. I sure hope Oku got over the 2012 thing already.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read through the chapter.

Are they serious when they say that all that remains of the alien army is those 5 guys? This is moving ridiculously quickly.. hope there's a big twist coming up.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Just read through the chapter.

Are they serious when they say that all that remains of the alien army is those 5 guys? This is moving ridiculously quickly.. hope there's a big twist coming up.
    These are the last of their guerilla forces, the civilians should be still there .

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

I just meant the army. And guerrilla forces is an unusual term to use.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We still need to find out Sebastian and the vampires

Also the God Alien pretty much spoiled whats going to happen with the giants by saying Reika and Kei will be reborn in America in the future, which means the giants pose no more threat even if Blondie goes on a killing spree.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GAT-X252's Avatar
    Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

(キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!)

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

06/25/09 - Goodnight Sweet Prince

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post
    Well that doesnt really solve the question . The aliens used his face and now what ? We dont know if he is dead , or one of the aliens , or what ever .

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

He is one of them. That's why he could arrenge the meeting between Kikuchi and the old man Heinz, the man behind the black spheres, that's why he could kill people, crash cars and planes with just thinking about it...and most of all, that's why he knew so much about the spheres.

It's not like it really needs to be explained or put up to debate, it's literal, that's why Kikuchi says "Sebastian...you're...".

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Coolperson1145's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GAT-X252 View Post

He is one of them. That's why he could arrenge the meeting between Kikuchi and the old man Heinz, the man behind the black spheres, that's why he could kill people, crash cars and planes with just thinking about it...and most of all, that's why he knew so much about the spheres.

It's not like it really needs to be explained or put up to debate, it's literal, that's why Kikuchi says "Sebastian...you're...".
    I agree, it's pretty self-explanatory for who Sebastian is. Though I'm hoping after the Hiatus, something could be done about him and the "God" aliens.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member 102jayday's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I want after this break to have those damn god aliens to get a wake up call.

I posted in the hangout page a interesting story that I heard on the radio recently, sounds abit like Gantz in the first chapter.

Manga Berserk, Gantz, Rurouni Kenshin, Claymore<3 Fav Anime FMAB! Gundam seed, Nana, InitialD.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're saying Sebastian was an alien? I diddn't pick up on that at all. The alien was just using his face. They used the face of Gandhi, and a dog too that doesnt mean they are aliens.
    Why was he a reporter trying to help kei. And if he was an alien wouldn't he have known the difference between Kei 1 and 2 when they diddnt remember who he was? He wouldnt have needed to go to Germany as a reporter to find things out about the black balls if he already knew them.
    Devour this Manga

Country
    Peru
    Post Thanks / Like

This is like the discussion we had years ago about Reika reviving Kurono 2...

Since that thing started to explain the mysteries it stopped taking bizarre forms to take the form of many faces from many famous persons: Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Clint eastwood, Hitler, etc...everybody present on that room should at least recognize one or three faces from there. About the dogs and cats i guess everybody what they were...

But the face of Sebastian was pointed only towards Kikuchi, just like the Nurarihyon and the Thousand arms were to the TT (in anther context both were pointed towards the reader) with the difference that we know what those aliens were and we know how they ended up, Sebastian was still a mistery until that part, and like i pointed out before it fits with all the information we had about him.

- Higher up of the old man who created the black spheres (no way someone inferior to him could arrange a meeting like that)
    - Knew about the alien origin about the spheres.
    - Crazy alien powers

This is a guy who meet Kikuchi and killed people for no other reason but to have fun, just like the aliens saved the earth because they were on the mood.

心臓がドキドキドキドキ!!!!

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

Will just add that while it isn't exactly conclusive by itself, if you're familiar with how these things tend to work it's pretty clear what Oku was going for. This was likely all the reveal we're going to get.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

We may still see him again (and I hope we do), but he's a goddam alien goddam it.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast