Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE ROOKIES?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE ROOKIES?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Actually Shikamaru defeated Hidan with NO prior knowledge and NO preparation. Read their first encounter again.

Shikamaru saved Asuma by quickly figuring out Hidan's jutsu on the fly, which even Kakuzu could not do, and used shadow sewing to counter the jutsu. He then told Asuma what to do. Hidan was finished. But Kakuzu saved him because those other two ninja with them were useless. Without Kakuzu, who later over-matched Kakashi and Naruto needed help against, Hidan would have been in that hole long ago thanks to Shikamaru.

Their second fight was barely a fight since Shikamaru played Hidan for a fool. He also saved Kakashi's life due to his plan to take blood from Kakuzu to link him with Hidan. When Hidan stabbed himself, he ended up taking a heart from Kakuzu. His intelligence makes him a dangerous against anyone.
    again, Hidan is a crappy character to measure someone's strength at this level.

on your other point; Shikamaru himself disagrees with you. since he went through great pain to make preparations to defeat Hidan. you may interpret in many ways; the way i see it is, because Shikamaru couldn't defeat Hidan head on, he had to resort to being prepared beforehand.
    Naruto Forever

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Actually Shikamaru defeated Hidan with NO prior knowledge and NO preparation. Read their first encounter again.

Shikamaru saved Asuma by quickly figuring out Hidan's jutsu on the fly, which even Kakuzu could not do, and used shadow sewing to counter the jutsu. He then told Asuma what to do. Hidan was finished. But Kakuzu saved him because those other two ninja with them were useless. Without Kakuzu, who later over-matched Kakashi and Naruto needed help against, Hidan would have been in that hole long ago thanks to Shikamaru.

Their second fight was barely a fight since Shikamaru played Hidan for a fool. He also saved Kakashi's life due to his plan to take blood from Kakuzu to link him with Hidan. When Hidan stabbed himself, he ended up taking a heart from Kakuzu. His intelligence makes him a dangerous against anyone.
    Shikamaru is as intelligent as the plot wants him to be:
    while I like him as a character, the very fact he needs Chouji to beat Asuma, after all his training, shows he's nowhere near Elite Jounin level yet.
    Someone like Asuma should've been child's play for him, expecially seeing the difference in intelligence and the fact that he trained his butt off to be a model for Kurenai's child.

As the manga is now, a plethora of characters would be able to shrugg off Shikamaru casually thanks to their retardedly haxed powers, expecially in one on one situations.
    Simply put, Shikamaru is excellent as support just like Kakashi, ironically another extremely intelligent guy

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    again, Hidan is a crappy character to measure someone's strength at this level.
    Hidan being "crappy" is Arena logic:
    in the manga, without prior knowledge, Hidan is nigh unbeatable, and skill-wise he completely ridiculed Asuma ( an Elite Jounin ) despite having to dodge Shikamaru's shadow as well

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Sand the fact that he trained his butt off to be a model for Kurenai's child.
    I think Kishi scrapped the idea of improving Shikamaru. I don't think Shika necessarily trained to become "stronger".
    Personally disappointed how Kishi neglected the rookies growth. Although Choji is now awesome and beast.
    Choji is arguably Elite Jonin level. Thanks to being able to slim-down instantly.

As the manga is now, a plethora of characters would be able to shrugg off Shikamaru casually thanks to their retardedly haxed powers, expecially in one on one situations.
    Well, from Shika's village Konoha, how many are there?
    Since if you remove Top tier and God tier, I wouldn't say he's too bad.

Simply put, Shikamaru is excellent as support just like Kakashi, ironically another extremely intelligent guy
    I guess... Except Kakashi isn't far from God tier and Shikamaru has been left behind lol.

Out of the Rookies, I think we should do this again at this point in the story.

Who is strongest:

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    I think Kishi scrapped the idea of improving Shikamaru. I don't think Shika necessarily trained to become "stronger".
    Personally disappointed how Kishi neglected the rookies growth. Although Choji is now awesome and beast.
    Choji is arguably Elite Jonin level. Thanks to being able to slim-down instantly.

I guess... Except Kakashi isn't far from God tier and Shikamaru has been left behind lol.

Who is strongest:

Spoiler show
    what is your definition of "strong" for example Tsunades healing ability's make her strong......just as narutos FRS and sage mode make him "strong" is that what u ment or do u mean over all
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    what is your definition of "strong" for example Tsunades healing ability's make her strong......just as narutos FRS and sage mode make him "strong" is that what u ment or do u mean over all
    I mean overall.
    Tsunade is extremely strong. I think it would be wrong to compare Shikamaru to a Kage.

But he said Shikamaru would lose to any high tier nin. I want to know what we are classifying as "high tier".
    Genma Shiranui? Aoba Yamashiro? Kurenai Yuhi?
    or
    C? Suigetsu? Juugo?

What sort of level of ninjas are we calling "Mid tier" or "High tier" etc.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we agree that someone in this manga that is close to Naruto, needs to die? So Naruto can prove to Obito that you don't have to change your outlook on life just because someone close to you died by anothers hands.

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

If you were to get rid of one person, or a few people from the rookies or the army that is close to Naruto, who would you think would be a good character to die for that growth or adult development in Naruto?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura. She needs to die for naruto to go berserk and kill obito, madara and juubi with his amazing jutsu he learned from jiraiya/minato.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    Sakura. She needs to die for naruto to go berserk and kill obito, madara and juubi with his amazing jutsu he learned from jiraiya/minato.
    Ok. Sakura's one...

But I bet Kishi wants Sakura to be there for her when he gets back to Konoha because of Naruto's Fuuton Talk No Jutsu...

Lol someone needs to repopulate the Uchiha after Obito and Madara get beat somehow...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by narutotheory View Post
    Ok. Sakura's one...

But I bet Kishi wants Sakura to be there for her when he gets back to Konoha because of Naruto's Fuuton Talk No Jutsu...

Lol someone needs to repopulate the Uchiha after Obito and Madara get beat somehow...
    ummm it wont be hinata due to her almost death in the pain arc ...

umm what about kiba.....is he not narutos rival (he said he considered naruto a rival of his) -and him and naruto do seem chummy chummy...he is close enough to naruto but far enough from the main story that his death would not mess things up
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    ummm it wont be hinata due to her almost death in the pain arc ...

umm what about kiba.....is he not narutos rival (he said he considered naruto a rival of his) -and him and naruto do seem chummy chummy...he is close enough to naruto but far enough from the main story that his death would not mess things up
    True...true...Kiba was actually Naruto's 2nd Rival, right after Sasuke. I mean like he was the first one he fought in the Prelim Chuunin exams. Naruto beating Kiba was a major character development...and it was when he still had that catch phrase I loved... Dattebayo!!! (Believe it!)

But other than that he is a minor character...

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Sakura's one...

But the choices are just kakashi, tsunade and sakura. If one of them would die, it's the time when naruto would going to unleash his true power.

So I prefer sakura instead of tsunade and kakashi.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Well, he lacks strenght and power, we know he's pretty quick and incredibly intelligent, he also lacks stamina.
    Obviously Kishi doesn't care anymore though

Chouji was used as a retarded plot device to end a retarded fight that was done so Bee and Naruto didn't have to die for resurrecting Juubi.
    Chouji isn't awesome, neither he's a beast imo.

Sadly he's above Elite Jounin, considering he owned Kakuzu like nothing.

Quote Quote:
    Naruto, Gai, Kakashi, Tsunade, his father, Chouji, arguably Neji and Hiashi, Shino ( considering he doesn't need to physically move to control his insects ).
    Not many, but there are a lot of them. Do consider that Konoha had a lot of guys dying that now would be above Shika ( Danzou and Jiraiya, just to name two ).

Quote Quote:

Who is strongest:

Spoiler show
    Kakashi has the most haxed jutsu in existance

Regarding the list, I would put Neji way lower ( either below or above Shino ), and Kiba on the bottom right above Tenten, considering Ino can control him like nothing and both Sakura and Hinata would murder him in taijutsu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Casualties? Some of the good guys die? In Naruto I'm reading?

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeiit.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the rookies came in time to madara summon a meteor and get rid of them.
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto and Sasuke get married (dunno which one's the mum and which one the dad, though) and finally, the Uchiha and Senju clans, split ever since the SOT6P, are united. The less implied ending than a shonen manga -one, but would make sense

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Did I hear the word "casualties"? Wut?
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

New Reply
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast