Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE ROOKIES?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WHERE THE HELL ARE THOSE ROOKIES?

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Well, he lacks strenght and power, we know he's pretty quick and incredibly intelligent, he also lacks stamina.
    Obviously Kishi doesn't care anymore though
    Can't disprove this I guess. It's a shame though,

Chouji was used as a retarded plot device to end a retarded fight that was done so Bee and Naruto didn't have to die for resurrecting Juubi.
    Chouji isn't awesome, neither he's a beast imo.
    He is indeed a bit of a beast. And somewhat awesome. He will kill a lot of people easily now.
    Not including the God tier guys e.g Naruto, Sasuke or the Top tier guys e.g Kakashi, Gai, Tsunade, I would say Choji isn't like the rest of the Rookies and he can kick ass.

Sadly he's above Elite Jounin, considering he owned Kakuzu like nothing.
    That's my boy!
    I feel like I'm one of the few ppl pleased with Choji becoming a Top level ninja lol.

Naruto, Gai, Kakashi, Tsunade, his father, Chouji, arguably Neji and Hiashi, Shino ( considering he doesn't need to physically move to control his insects ).
    Not many, but there are a lot of them. Do consider that Konoha had a lot of guys dying that now would be above Shika ( Danzou and Jiraiya, just to name two ).
    Naruto, Gai, Kakashi, Tsunade all belong in God Tier or Top tier.

Neji I think could, he was the only Jonin at the start of Part II after all...
    Shino would kill him probably. Hiashi, Choza, Shino's dad Shibi.
    Now without God tier and Top tier that isn't many. Choji is pretty up there now.

Regarding the list, I would put Neji way lower ( either below or above Shino ), and Kiba on the bottom right above Tenten, considering Ino can control him like nothing and both Sakura and Hinata would murder him in taijutsu.
    Sakura/Hinata > Kiba?
    I was thinking that myself but wasn't sure. You're probably right.
    Neji can hit Shino from a distance now with Gentle fist so he can still shut down Shino's chakra points from far.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Considering how he handled Hidan, who is definetely a High tier ninja, I wouldn't say useless.

And also, how many ninja out there are of that Hidan tier class anyway?

At the start of the series, Kishi was going for a massive wild where Kakashi wasn't even that strong compared to various others as he has Kakashi say something like "There are even kids younger than you, stronger than me" to Naruto during the Zabuza arc.
    But at this stage in the story we know Kakashi is amongst the strongest in the world and that there aren't that many ninja who are of that High Akutsuki tier.

It all depends on what you call High tier. I class high tier as Akutsuki level. And Shikamaru's intelligence allowed him to more than compensate.

Since if you're going to say "Higher tier ninja like Itachi" then there is a misunderstanding as Itachi is somewhere between Top tier or God Tier.
    As a personal opinion; Shikamaru wining against Hiden was one of the lowest points in the manga. It only showed one side of the plan and no alternatives. The chances of that plan working in the exact same way as he envisioned was close to 1% given the complete lack of knowledge on what kind of strategy the other will use. It was just an impossibility far-fetched turn of events. I still believe Shikamaru is unimpressive outside this 'strategy' feat.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

They are here now, but, this raises another question. WHERE THE HELL IS NEJI ?

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

He is indeed a bit of a beast. And somewhat awesome. He will kill a lot of people easily now.
    Not including the God tier guys e.g Naruto, Sasuke or the Top tier guys e.g Kakashi, Gai, Tsunade, I would say Choji isn't like the rest of the Rookies and he can kick ass.
    To this I agree, in this war only Sai, of the rookies, showed more than Chouji

Quote Quote:
    That's my boy!
    I feel like I'm one of the few ppl pleased with Choji becoming a Top level ninja lol.
    If this was before the Pein arc, I would agree with you, the Pein arc and the War arc though destroyed its character for me, he lost everything good and became a worthless fatass blessed by the author.
    To think that Kakashi died because of him

Quote Quote:
    Naruto, Gai, Kakashi, Tsunade all belong in God Tier or Top tier.

Neji I think could, he was the only Jonin at the start of Part II after all...
    Shino would kill him probably. Hiashi, Choza, Shino's dad Shibi.
    Now without God tier and Top tier that isn't many. Choji is pretty up there now.
    Imo he's stronger than his father, as well as Aburames, since they would need to cover someone the size of a giant summon, and at least one on one I don't think they have enough bugs

Quote Quote:
    Sakura/Hinata > Kiba?
    I was thinking that myself but wasn't sure. You're probably right.
    Neji can hit Shino from a distance now with Gentle fist so he can still shut down Shino's chakra points from far.
    Hyuugas are the worst match-up fro Taijutsu users, and Hinata was showed in this war to be more impressive than Neji ( same combat abilities, more endurance and, from what we know, her Byakugan's range is higher than Neji's ), meaning Kiba gets fodderized.
    Same with Sakura, I guess, a punch would make Akamaru explode.
    Agree on the Shino/Neji thing

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

To think that Kakashi died because of him
    I still haven't forgiven the fat ass for that either haha.
    Kishi must have gotten so many complaints at that he just had to revive Kakashi haha.

Imo he's stronger than his father, as well as Aburames, since they would need to cover someone the size of a giant summon, and at least one on one I don't think they have enough bugs
    Never thought of that. There would have to be a limit to how many bugs the Aburame's have.
    But then again, can't Shino lock off a vital chakra point or something? Like how he defeated Kankuro?
    Gosh... Shino was just so awesome.
    He was the only person besides Naruto who he somewhat respected amongst the rookies thinking back to when he and Sasuke were chasing Temari and Kankuro.

Hyuugas are the worst match-up fro Taijutsu users, and Hinata was showed in this war to be more impressive than Neji ( same combat abilities, more endurance and, from what we know, her Byakugan's range is higher than Neji's ), meaning Kiba gets fodderized.
    Same with Sakura, I guess, a punch would make Akamaru explode.
    Agree on the Shino/Neji thing
    Well... I wouldn't take the few scenes Hinata and Neji appeared in to say she is more impressive although she kinda does seem more useful...
    Simply because currently only Neji can hit pin point Gentle fist shots at people from a long distance away, I would say he kicks her ass.

Whilst Akamaru would die the moment Sakura lands a punch, what about he and Kiba's two-headed wolf thing?
    I mean yeah they're fodderized but that technique would be awesome at by now.
    Surely it's two fast for Sakura react to? Same with Hinata.

So Ino is now the bottom of the rookies then?

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    As a personal opinion; Shikamaru wining against Hiden was one of the lowest points in the manga. It only showed one side of the plan and no alternatives. The chances of that plan working in the exact same way as he envisioned was close to 1% given the complete lack of knowledge on what kind of strategy the other will use. It was just an impossibility far-fetched turn of events. I still believe Shikamaru is unimpressive outside this 'strategy' feat.
    I can understand what you mean, but then again, Shikamaru was working with Kakashi. Who is more or less God tier if you gave him the average person's chakra to replace his low chakra capacity.

When you're with Kakashi, up against Hidan and Kakuzu who if you take away their immortal aspects to them, Kakashi could kill 'em both rather quickly, I expect Shikamaru to catch Hidan in a Shadow jutsu trap comfortably.
    Though one-on-one, Shikamaru would have died sure, and although I want to defend he doesn't have much going for him besides being really quick and being a genius. Quite a shame.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

So you guys are debating who is the biggest fodder of them all?

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I still haven't forgiven the fat ass for that either haha.
    Kishi must have gotten so many complaints at that he just had to revive Kakashi haha.
    lol its actually the way it was done that pissed me off:
    his father and Kakashi sacrificed their lives for him, and that useless fatass couldn't even run fast enough to dodge a single attack from a dying Pein?

Quote Quote:
    Never thought of that. There would have to be a limit to how many bugs the Aburame's have.
    But then again, can't Shino lock off a vital chakra point or something? Like how he defeated Kankuro?
    Gosh... Shino was just so awesome.
    He was the only person besides Naruto who he somewhat respected amongst the rookies thinking back to when he and Sasuke were chasing Temari and Kankuro.
    We saw against Obito that insects can cover an area slighty bigger than a human body, and probably Chouji's pinky is the size of a human body

Well Sasuke respected him probably because he was the only guy that wasn't either a fool or a pain in the butt, he probably would've said the same thing to, say, Shikamaru

Quote Quote:
    Well... I wouldn't take the few scenes Hinata and Neji appeared in to say she is more impressive although she kinda does seem more useful...
    Simply because currently only Neji can hit pin point Gentle fist shots at people from a long distance away, I would say he kicks her ass.

Whilst Akamaru would die the moment Sakura lands a punch, what about he and Kiba's two-headed wolf thing?
    I mean yeah they're fodderized but that technique would be awesome at by now.
    Surely it's two fast for Sakura react to? Same with Hinata.

So Ino is now the bottom of the rookies then?
    If you are talking about the Vacuum palm, Hinata can do it as well ( they did it back to back against the Zetsus ).

Sakura one-shotted a boss-sized Summon during the Pein arc, that doggy wouldn't be a problem.
    As for Hinata, she can shut him off before it launches its attack, and her Byakugan could enable her to dodge Akamaru's piss ( lol ).

Actually its Tenten imo, Ino showed pretty good feats like controlling quickly and effortlessy more than one body, meaning she could easily turn Kiba against Akamaru or viceversa

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    So you guys are debating who is the biggest fodder of them all?
    Two fodders just saved the world, if you think about it

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

@Uchiha_Blood

You mean diverting the Bijubeam? Neah Naruto's plot no jutsu would have stoped it somehow.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    @Uchiha_Blood

You mean diverting the Bijubeam? Neah Naruto's plot no jutsu would have stoped it somehow.
    Naruto's plot no jutsu is beast. It's S-Rank. It makes my head hurt thinking about it.
    What's just as strong is his talk no jutsu.
    His talk no jutsu is so strong Kakashi and Shizune ended up getting brought back to life as a result.

The thing is, Ino and Hinata did just divert a beam. Mainly Ino. She gets props.

Reviewer 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member narutotheory's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's plot no jutsu is beast. It's S-Rank. It makes my head hurt thinking about it.
    What's just as strong is his talk no jutsu.
    His talk no jutsu is so strong Kakashi and Shizune ended up getting brought back to life as a result.

The thing is, Ino and Hinata did just divert a beam. Mainly Ino. She gets props.

The only thing that can defeat Plot-No-Jutsu and Talk-No-Jutsu is Senju DNA.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So after the last chapter, the rookies didn't do much as the fodder took center stage in Shikadad's plan.

It feels like Kishi might be cleansing the battlefield. After a bunch of ninja get wiped out, the rookies move into the spotlight. Madara is going to kill, and the only thing more powerful than him is the rookie's plot shields. Madara can wipe out 10,000 ninja, but he can't kill Rock Lee and the others The K11 are the true immortals.

I can also see Shikaku losing contact with the army forcing Shikamaru to take over. Ino's dad probably reached his limit.

Actually its Tenten imo, Ino showed pretty good feats like controlling quickly and effortlessy more than one body, meaning she could easily turn Kiba against Akamaru or viceversa
    The only problem is Ino has to fight with someone who can guard her body or she is totally useless. The is the fatal flaw of the mind switch. It only works as part of a team.
    Last edited by Jessie; December 08, 2012 at 12:02 AM.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    Don't say that. Shikamaru won against hidan using his immeasurable genius/strategy. Shikamaru was said to be the genius of all geniuses. In terms of strategy skills and intellect, shikamaru is even more godly in that department to the hokages of konoha.
    Last edited by marshall313; December 08, 2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: because shikamaru was said to be the genius of all the geniuses.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno...
    Is Shikamaru more clever than his dad? Although his dad is clearly a ridiculous genius.

Shikamaru being far cleverer than Minato sounds a bit off but I can't disprove it I guess.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I dunno...
    Is Shikamaru more clever than his dad? Although his dad is clearly a ridiculous genius.

Shikamaru being far cleverer than Minato sounds a bit off but I can't disprove it I guess.
    Well, maybe you're right. In fact, the reason why the kumo can't destroy the konoha from their last ninja war is because of shikaku.

And maybe you're right. Shikamaru is more clever than minato. He was clever enough to find the weakness of hidan's jutsu and how to kill him in, let me say, 5 minutes? While minato find the weakness of obito's jutsu and kakashi's jutsu in , watevah.

But overall, shikamaru is way way way way smarter and cleverer than minato.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    The only problem is Ino has to fight with someone who can guard her body or she is totally useless. The is the fatal flaw of the mind switch. It only works as part of a team.
    True, but can Akamaru hit Kiba, or the other way round?
    I don't think so. And she showed here she can possess two bodies, meaning she can likely possess both of them.
    Ino's jutsu is pretty good is you see past the barrier "woman in Kishi's universe"

New Reply
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast