Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 39 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Hold All The Crazy Inside

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Distracted by anime and cookies and forgot. Life sure is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I like any genre really, as long as it's well-made. For instance, one of my favorite anime in the last few years was Minami-ke and the sequels
    That's an unexpected answer . Yeah, I guess you have to watch Madoka Magica first before anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    I know you will just ignore me, still *sigh*

1. Eureka seven AO - Excellent. You liked Eureka Seven, right? I find better in terms of plot, anime, bgm and characters.
    2. Fate / Zero - brilliant and dark
    3. Guilty Crown - really good

Don't bother with Sword Art Online - overrated and rather juvenile. I just dropped it after 20th episode.
    I seconded Fate/Zero. It has amazing animation quality, and quite dark story in general. Unfortunately you have to watch the crappy sequel of it first, since I assume you're not familiar with its Visual Novel.

I prefer E7 over E7AO anytime...

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    That's an unexpected answer . Yeah, I guess you have to watch Madoka Magica first before anything else.

I seconded Fate/Zero. It has amazing animation quality, and quite dark story in general. Unfortunately you have to watch the crappy sequel of it first, since I assume you're not familiar with its Visual Novel.

I prefer E7 over E7AO anytime...
    But why? ...geez

See...more prerequisites

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Doraku, you mean Season One of Fate / Zero? Not Fate / Stay? Season wasn't that bad. Actually, it was a set-up for Season 2 and made it more epic.

In terms of mecha playing the main role, I agree E7 had more focus on Nirvash. Personal preferences, E7 kinda have more plot, thicker and more interesting. I liked how the old characters were brought in the new series.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

But why? ...geez
    Because it's awesome and only consist of 12 episodes .

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    Doraku, you mean Season One of Fate / Zero? Not Fate / Stay? Season wasn't that bad. Actually, it was a set-up for Season 2 and made it more epic.
    I meant Fate / Stay Night. Watching Fate/Zero first before Fate/Stay Night would ruin the surprise twist in Fate/Stay Night, even though chronologically correct.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm talking about your impression of my taste

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Guilty Crown was a huge let down. I was disappointed with how season 1 (ep 1-12) ended, and the entire season 2 that I watched was simply put annoying to watch with a completely different feel to the story. It's one of the anime that I dropped (at episode 19 or 20).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Steins;Gate is the 4th highest rated anime at My Anime List, so it must be pretty good. MAL ratings usually (not always, but mostly) seem to reflect actual quality.
    That's higher than I expected. I'm only 3 eps in and so far it's a good show. But what the hell, TTGL at 15th
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I started watching TTGL prior to starting Ergo Proxy, but only made it through 4 eps. However I have seen some episodes out of order because they were on TV, but I don't recall much of it.

---------- Post added at 05:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 AM ----------

Gah, the middle of Ergo Proxy REALLY drags...through 16 eps right now...

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's because I rarely see you posted outside Berserk/Gantz section and as I can recall I never see you interested in drama/comedy Anime besides Kids on the Slope.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what I'll try to watch next. Any recommendations? What NEEDS to be seen next?
    I second Madoka Magica. Brilliant series. If you have not seen Redline also make that a priority. The animation is good it will change your life.

Hey, I thought you are watching Robotics;Note because you have watched Steins;Gate previously. Steins;Gate is really good, but you have to be patience since the plot does not really move anywhere until halfway of the whole series.
    I have not really seen any anime in the last couple of years. Is started a few (AnoHana, Magica, and Hanasaku Iroha) but never watched more than two episodes. Steins;Gate aired during that time, I should have watched but did not. The pace of Robotics;Notes is about the same. After seven episodes things are only just beginning to happen, the real drama clearly has not started yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    That's higher than I expected. I'm only 3 eps in and so far it's a good show. But what the hell, TTGL at 15th
    Fifteen is pretty high considering how many series are rated. You can tell it's a good ranking because stuff like the Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach anime are nowhere near the top. The ranking is clearly the opinion of anime fans, not fanboys pushing their favorite manga adaption. There are titles I think should be higher or lower, but nothing outrageously high.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

Oh that's because I rarely see you posted outside Berserk/Gantz section and as I can recall I never see you interested in drama/comedy Anime besides Kids on the Slope.
    I too can not recall him watching anything except dark sci-fi or fantasy anime, with the exception of Kids on the Slope. I can not ever recall him mentioning anything comedic, let alone moe.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Thanksgiving, Gary!

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Guilty Crown was a huge let down. I was disappointed with how season 1 (ep 1-12) ended, and the entire season 2 that I watched was simply put annoying to watch with a completely different feel to the story. It's one of the anime that I dropped (at episode 19 or 20).

I watched it till the end, you didn't miss anything. Promising start but in the end just horrible.

And you didn't even glimpse at Steins;Gate awesomeness yet

but what you mentioned in your last post:

You just have to love it

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I replayed that scene like 10 times last night. So freaking hilarious. I even tried to copy the way he was saying it
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

I replayed that scene like 10 times last night. So freaking hilarious. I even tried to copy the way he was saying it

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually did too back then

I have to say that my experience was the same as yours. When I watched it for the first time I dropped it after three episode, didn't have the motivation to continue. When I tried it again I asked myself why I dropped it because it was a lot better than what I thought about it back then.

I sure can tell you that you will totally love the series when you're halfway done. MAL rating it at fourth place is totally deserved in my opinion, one of the best series of the last few years. Can't wait to watch the film!

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lawlett-kun View Post

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 39 of 134 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast