Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 58 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Hold All The Crazy Inside

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Distracted by anime and cookies and forgot. Life sure is rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Wilson can't be more than a distant third in voting. RGIII has to be the odds on favorite right now, Doug Martin a close second. His total yards, yards per game, and yards per attempt will probably cost him votes. He's behind RGIII in all statistical categories. He has had an excellent rookie year by any measure, but not good enough to best RGIII or Martin, who's been one of the best RB's in the league this year.
    I merely said he was in the conversation. To be honest, even though I attempted to think of other candidates no one else came to mind. That's ridiculous but true. Brainfart I guess. Luck is probably second there. I wouldn't put a RB above a QB just yet. Not until I can look at an entire season's worth of work.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Running back can be considered over quarterback.Doug Martin has rushed for 1050yrds (4th in the NFL), 4.8YPA (10th, 2nd among RB with 200 or more attempts), 9 rushes of 20 yards or more (3rd), 95.5YPG (4th), 9TD (2nd), and only 1 fumble should get consideration ahead of a QB with only 2051YDS (26th), 7.33YPA (14th), and 186YPG (31st). Wilson does have a 93.9 GB rating (11th), 17TD (tied 12th) to only 8INT (tied 21), and a 63.6 completion percentage (11th) - all very good numbers. But not good enough to move ahead of Doug Martin. RGIII is having a more impressive season than either, the award is his to lose. In a different year Wilson could have won though.

Wilson is more deserving of rookie of the year than Andrew Luck. He has a lot of yards, 3205, 7th in the league and most among rookies. But he also 449 attempts, tied for third in the league, with only a 56.8 completion percentage, 31st in the league. He also has thrown only 13TD (tied 20th) to 13INT (tied 3rd).
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 27, 2012 at 05:27 PM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Running back can be considered over quarterback.Doug Martin has rushed for 1050yrds (4th in the NFL), 4.8YPA (10th, 2nd among RB with 200 or more attempts), 9 rushes of 20 yards or more (3rd), 95.5YPG (4th), 9TD (2nd), and only 1 fumble should get consideration ahead of a QB with only 2051YDS (26th), 7.33YPA (14th), and 186YPG (31st). Wilson does have a 93.9 GB rating (11th), 17TD (tied 12th) to only 8INT (tied 21), and a 63.6 completion percentage (11th) - all very good numbers. But not good enough to move ahead of Doug Martin. RGIII is having a more impressive season than either, the award is his to lose. In a different year Wilson could have won though.

Wilson is more deserving of rookie of the year than Andrew Luck. He has a lot of yards, 3205, 7th in the league and most among rookies. But he also 449 attempts, tied for third in the league, with only a 56.8 completion percentage, 31st in the league. He also has thrown only 13TD (tied 20th) to 13INT (tied 3rd).
    I don't only consider stats here. I looked at them in respect to the QBs mentioned, because I think Luck and Griffin are closer than the numbers show. That being said, I'm not sure if the language of the award requirements here. If it's simply the rookie version of MVP, then the ranking might be different.

I think another issue with this is that Russel plays for a team that doesn't get as much coverage as Luck or Griffin, meaning the awareness level isn't the same.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

In what way have they been close? By any metric RG3 has been considerably better. Through 11 games Luck has been less accurate, thrown fewer touchdowns and more interceptions. I've seen the argument that he is having a better rookie year because the Colts have won more games. That is nonsense. The Colts have a better defense, allowing them to win two more games. Silliness only the likes of Rick Reilly would post.

No real case can be made for Wilson either. He is not asked to go out and win games, nor is he really given the opportunity. Seattle relies on Marshawn Lynch and defense exclusively. Wilson is only asked not to turn the ball over, eat clock, and convert the occasional 3rd and long. He's having a nice rookie year but nothing extraordinary. Even if he were in a more accessible market he would be behind RG3 and Muscle Hamster.

Until 2005 it was almost unheard of for QB's to win rookie of the year. Since they have won the award four out of six times. A QB (RG3) will win again this year. But Doug Martin is having such a great rookie year he should place second. If it were not for RG3 he arguably would be this years best rookie. Historically QB's win MVP while RB's dominate rookie of the year. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...the_Year_Award http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...e_Player_Award

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Wins can matter as much as stats. I don't poopoo what really matters in the game. But there is little discrepancy between them in that regard.

RB being a popular position for the award is because the less time many RBs need to get acclimated to the pro game, compared to other positions. And 2005 is an important year, considering that is around the time many rule changes started to be put in place to favor the passing game. QBs just matter more than RBs. But to be fair, a RBs statline can be much more impressive than even a winning QB.

Just to be clear, I would vote for RGIII today if I was asked.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Wins reflect overall team play, alone not a fair metric for assessing individual achievement. Luck was not the only one who contributed to winning those games. While he has had a nice rookie year, his performance so far has been good, but not great by rookie QB standards. He certainly has not had a rookie year comparable to Peyton's, Big Ben's, Matt Ryan's, or Cam Newton's.

Quarterback definitely has the higher positional value. Awards should not be based on that alone though.

Who picked the new punishment set?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Wins reflect overall team play, alone not a fair metric for assessing individual achievement. Luck was not the only one who contributed to winning those games. While he has had a nice rookie year, his performance so far has been good, but not great by rookie QB standards. He certainly has not had a rookie year comparable to Peyton's, Big Ben's, Matt Ryan's, or Cam Newton's.

Quarterback definitely has the higher positional value. Awards should not be based on that alone though.

Who picked the new punishment set?
    But a QB's stats are also based on team play as well, though not to the degree of a team's record necessarily.

It's not punishment, it's the theme for the current Mafia Game.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=xi0;3178179]But a QB's stats are also based on team play as well, though not to the degree of a team's record necessarily.

Team record is not the lone deciding factor though, at least for rookie of the year. A rookie can't be rewarded for team wins if their individual performance was not award worthy.

Quote Quote:
    It's not punishment, it's the theme for the current Mafia Game.
    Oh

I saw Bleach avy's and assumed people were being punished.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I suppose. I guess I'm thinking of my eye-test rather than just stats. Whatever.

It was actually one of the more interesting themes. These wouldn't be much punishment...it's nothing compared to Charlie's gross feet sets

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Luck passes the eye test, he will be good. Right now though, very inconsistent. Overall this could end up being one of the better quarterback classes.

Nothing could be worse than the feet set. I'd still be pretty upset if I had to have a Bleach avy.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah some newbies are freaking out over it. But if you sign up to a game that will have a theme, it means you'll wear the avatar.

I really don't care about my set all that much.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

My thread had more posts than yours yesterday. Were the Mayans correct, will the world end in 2012? December 12 is only two weeks away
    Last edited by Kaiten; November 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

My thread had more posts than yours yesterday. Were the Mayans correct, will the world end in 2012? December 12 is only two weeks away
    Oh? Did you nerds have fun?

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Oh? Did you nerds have fun?
    I'm a proud nerd in Kaiten's thread lately. So yes, yes we had fun.

Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Kait, since your spam booster gone, your thread is void of activities mein admin. You should watch more anime to attract more nerds to this thread.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 58 of 134 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast