Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: 2nd time a manga has ended abrubtly

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

2nd time a manga has ended abrubtly

the first was kekkaishi and now reborn so many possible stories why end it, great series just sad to see it go

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted sarutobi_sensei's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2nd time a manga has ended abrubtly

What else could they cover now? Tsuna's path into adulthood becoming the 10th? We already know that he accepts it later on.

Practically all mysteries were solved, Simon, Future, Arcobaleno, etc. We learned everything we needed to know.

I know it's sad to see it ending like this, but continuing making chapters that wouldn't add to the story isn't relevant anymore.

Personally, I'm hoping for the anime to come back next year and cover the Shimon and Arcobaleno arcs ending it in a year or something. No need for fillers, just maybe some battles running for a little longer or something.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I wouldn't mind fillers, especially one that shows a day in the life of the box animals (XD). Sometimes fillers are a nice break from the war or battles, which is why I didn't mind them in the future arc. As long as they don't overdo them like they did in Naruto, which they shouldn't since there's no need now for the anime to slow down to let the manga get ahead.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hdiuy's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post
    What else could they cover now? Tsuna's path into adulthood becoming the 10th? We already know that he accepts it later on.

Practically all mysteries were solved, Simon, Future, Arcobaleno, etc. We learned everything we needed to know.

I know it's sad to see it ending like this, but continuing making chapters that wouldn't add to the story isn't relevant anymore.

Personally, I'm hoping for the anime to come back next year and cover the Shimon and Arcobaleno arcs ending it in a year or something. No need for fillers, just maybe some battles running for a little longer or something.
    There are still some small mysteries that i hoped Amano would solve ; Fon's hinted relationship with Hibari, who does the Cervello serve, Kaoru's flames, earth flames co-relation with the sky flames etc etc. Surely many other have felt that the series (especially the later parts) were rushed and personally i would love to see Amano finish her series without rushing, but oh well.
    Last edited by hdiuy; November 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM.
    ..: The night is forever old :..

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

You've said everything I think, but there's nothing we can do about it.
    Let's just look forward to the next manga of the Amano.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Just want to give my 2 cents, even though It's been a long time since the last time I read Reborn, I don't think this series end abruptly after I read the last 50 chapters. Basically I just want to reiterates what Sarutobi has said in his post, I think all the mysteries are already explained, and the Manga was not really in struggle in the TOC ranking either. I admit it's such a loss to see a long running manga ended, but I believe that the ending is proper and Amano can be considered as a successful mangaka to my standard. Hope in sometime in the future there is any Anime studio out there that is willing to pick up this series again.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dark Matter's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Hope in sometime in the future there is any Anime studio out there that is willing to pick up this series again.
    This. Plus would be great if they added a bit more content concerning some of the unanswered questions hydiuy mentioned.

P.S. I was thinking about checking out Kekkaishi but is it really true that it ended abruptly or does that depend on perspective?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

offtopic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Matter View Post
    P.S. I was thinking about checking out Kekkaishi but is it really true that it ended abruptly or does that depend on perspective?
    Kekkaishi ended when the main characters completed their goal and that part wasn't rush at all, the reason a lot of people say it's rush is because they introduce some new elements at the end that could have been use for another arc.

ontopic: It feels like we know almost everything we need to know about the world of reborn and Tsuna has already grown, so I think is a nice ending that leaves me satisfied.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hdiuy View Post
    There are still some small mysteries that i hoped Amano would solve ; Fon's hinted relationship with Hibari, who does the Cervello serve, Kaoru's flames, earth flames co-relation with the sky flames etc etc. Surely many other have felt that the series (especially the later parts) were rushed and personally i would love to see Amano finish her series without rushing, but oh well.
    Pretty much this. It seems like right after Ryohei and Aoba's fight, the series shifted into turbo and just started rushing towards the end. Aside from the stuff mentioned above, we never saw the 9th again, we don't really know Tsuna's father, why the curse is different for the Sky Arcobolenos and a couple of other things. All these things may seem small, but eventually they build up into a large pile of unanswered questions.

Air Gear is another series I felt ended too abruptly.

Also Lancia's Boss's ring.
    Last edited by eefrit; November 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Air Gear is another series I felt ended too abruptly.
    Not from Jump. So would have to have been different circumstances.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by c420smokey View Post
    the first was kekkaishi and now reborn so many possible stories why end it, great series just sad to see it go
    Not quite.
    MANY Jump mangas have ended abruptly. You only know about two.

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sarutobi_sensei View Post

Not quite. Like hdiuy mentioned there were many things that could have been covered.
    Genkishi's disappearance in current time.
    Other Famiglias since there are mean to be many others, and if Reborn is in a hurry to strengthen Tsuna and his Guardians there must be other Famiglia enemies in current time. Or it could be written in that Varia crushes them immediately.
    Dr. Shamal's past, or just him in general,
    Just who is related to Vongola 1st, Tsuna's mother or father,
    Different types of bullets, the mysteries behind the Arcobaleno's pets,

The fact that after Tsuna's ceremony no other big famiglia has come for the lives of Tsuna and his Guardians.
    There easily could have been many things to cover.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member AmberRei's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I can only agree wholly, and I have a ton of other plot holes. I can only answer one of your questions: Iemitsu descends from Giotto and it's written in CHAPTER ONE. XD
    Haters to the left!

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply