Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 212 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 212 Spoiler Thread

So...in a roundabout way, December is like the New year...the New year for Jump issues. Cool...as long as there's only a 1 week break.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 212 Spoiler Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner d_ace_shines's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 212 Discussion Thread

Incredible. Still not sure how bishokukai will handle this. Even Setsuno is very very strong by herself o.O
    And the number one guy, Zaus.. One word I can think about him is "Badass"

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

So, now we know 45 "winners"

Setsuno 29
    Zaus 19
    Yuda 2

That leaves 5 win unknown that must be spread amongst 2 people. However, Damala Sky (4th ranking) is not mention to have any championship. Assuming 3 or 4 win for Chiyo, who is mention to be in the top 5, I'm guess the other person would have be the current unknown number 3?
    Last edited by -Ken-; November 15, 2012 at 12:50 AM.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter was great in terms of introduction.
    Now we will obviously have tons of great cooks who will challenge each other for the title. Would be damn interesting who will win this one. It seems that this Tournament lasts only one day, so we would have tons of action in a short period of time.
    Hope Matsu will show himself to be really good, but I won't buy it if he wins or gets really high in this Tournament. He can't be as good as top 50 Chefs. For him it would be already great to make it up to 50th place or something like this in the current Tournament.

Also it seems that Kousarou or whatever that guy from 0th Biotope is called is already here. And it seems that Toriko knows about him.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

This Tournament will be crazy I hope that the bishokukai will not interfere and ruin the festival but will enter the tournament also and try to win and after the tournament I guess they can interfere and all hell will break lose ^^... I think the #3 is Chiyo because IIRC it is not yet called and most bishokukai chefs have great rankings also too bad need a two weeks more to read the next chapter I guess Toriko deserves the break we got One Piece next week so all is good ^^

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

So Kousairou is already there. And it looks like only Toriko noticed him.
    The Bishokukais are really outnumbered. Unless some of those introduced chefs are on their side.
    Last edited by llydnarz; November 15, 2012 at 02:48 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by llydnarz View Post
    So Kousairou is already there. And it looks like only Toriko noticed him.
    The Bishokukais are really outnumbered. Unless some of those introduced chefs are on their side.
    I think there will be a lot of Bishokukais because from the chapter when they are said to kidnap rank chefs IIRC but most high Rank chefs are not in their favor so it is balance

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

All the cooks are all, well, pretty unique. LOL
    Anyway this arc has all the premises to be the greatest arc ever of Toriko with this competition and the Royal Rumble that there will be between the Bishokukai and all those who are inside the Arena.
    About Komatsu, yeah, I too think that he won't win, but at least, he will rise his rank.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is a possibility that Komatsu could win this. Because during the 4 beast arc, even Setsuno didn't think it was possible to simplify the medicinal mochi in such a short time.
    And the century soup which Setsuno couldn't imitate for years was successfully revived by this guy.
    Remember that this is a cooking competition. And when it comes to cooking, this guy can do miracles.

But as you all said, it wouldn't look good if Komatsu beats all these high-ranking chefs. So maybe in the future.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member jupzter's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm I was wondering if the Mastermind will show up in this Arc I really love a 3 way battle although we have no information that hes not a Bishokukai or if he belong to a 3rd faction... Well at least its going to be a lot of match up...

Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i am really starting to question the exaggeration of shima in this chapter. setsuno won the 29 championships and zeus 14 of them? apparently they didnt won every single of them consequently so how old these ppl? at least we have seen zeus. i want to see what will happen in the competition. the rich guy from the ice hell is here, is he from the orders of joa? also some of the title's are well let me say unique rather than something else. i also expect to see the number 3 of the rankings.also some of the chefs who is the main target of bishoukukai has not been introduced. i am w8ing to see the next chapter in 2weeks time.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I was reminded of how many epic introduction chapters there are in this manga. I guess it adds to the build-up, and eliminates the need for introductions once the action commences. There does appear to be some interesting, and legendary, folk participating. Expectantly waiting for the fest to begin.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Since this is IGO Chef Ranking and Food Fest is under IGO supervision, it is obvious that they don't give ranks to their enemy Bishokukai and by default don't let them participate. Unless they pull some stunt or something that allows them to enter, it would seem they intend just to kidnap high ranking chefs, therefore the probability of fighting increases dramatically.

Quote Quote:
    i am really starting to question the exaggeration of shima in this chapter. setsuno won the 29 championships and zeus 14 of them?
    Have in mind that gourmet cells grant great longevity. Acacia was said to have lived for more than 600 years, and Ichiryu, Jirou and likely Setsuno are well over 100, maybe even 200 years old.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

could the cannibal guy be one from top ranking chefs ? the ones who were not present during medicinal cooking...zeus could be an option or rank 3 guy ?

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast