Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 499 Discussion / 500 Predictions

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 499 Discussion / 500 Predictions

The new chapter is out guys read it here ---> http://www.mangareader.net/historys-...le-kenichi/499

It looks like there are going to be fights after all not surprising because the milestone chapter approaches.

However, the match ups are definitely somewhat of a surprise (at least two of them), so let the discussion begin!

Spoiler show
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; November 16, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 499 Discussion / 500 Predictions

What an awesome chapter. So simple and so Yami-like to take all the people out of the park to create a battleground. Again, like last week I wonder what's the point of discovering that Takeda is going to learn secret techniques to increase power and fight Lugh, and then just make them fight the next day.

Don't think Rimi stands a chance against Miu, and neither does Berserker against Kenichi. The rest of Yomi have the upper hand, imo, Rachel vs Renka being the most interesting for me. Also, curious to see how will their interactions go after the fights, considering they hang out with the Shinpaku all the time.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Somehow i still think the fight will be postponed due to outside interference. I called most of the important match ups right, but Kenichi fighting Berserk just dosent sound right because there is really no plot relevance or interest from either of them on that particular battle. Would make much more sense if he was to face Chikage and finish changing her into a regular girl not to mention no way Kisara and Shiratori can beat her. But hard to tell whats gonna happen, maybe Kenichi wins against Berserk and Chikage wins her fight (sparing the girls due to the influence Kenichi had on her) and they end fighting each other later, dont know if Sieg can win but he should at least provide a good fight and Renka won the last match against Rachel so the result is prolly gonna be the same.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Somehow i still think the fight will be postponed due to outside interference.
    No one will interfere in this fight. This is exactly what the OSNF wanted, and Ryozanpaku masters have their beliefs to uphold meaning they wont interfere in a disciples bout even if they are watching from afar. Also, the park has been cleared out, (by unknown methods) so they are all alone. Park security or cops? Please

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Renka won the last match against Rachel so the result is prolly gonna be the same.
    If I remember that battle correctly their fight was tie because Rachel abandoned her fight with Renka to help out her master in the closing moments of his match. Up until that point the whole fight was basically even with both fighters trading blow for blow.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the chapter was really interesting!
    Now I'm really waiting for the next chapter to come sooner.
    I like the match-ups. I would really like to see Kenichi against Berserker. Would be interesting to see what new were they learning. Especially Berserker, since he was reffered to develop his own fighting style and that's not that usual. Though the same Kenichi has his own as well.
    Also, I never expected Odin to fight Freya! It's going to be damn interesting. Even though I seriously doubt Freya has any real chance. Odin should be too strong for her no matter what.
    It's also interesting to see Chikage against Kisara and Shiratori, especially since Chikage barely managed to show anything up till now, so it should be a moment for her to shine.
    I was also a bit surprised to see Natsu-chan against Sieg. I don't really know how strong Sieg or Natsu are, but I feel like Natsu sould be stronger, especially since he has way more options to actually harm Sieg.

Other fights seem to be given. They didn't surprise me much. Though I don't really know if Takeda had a possibility to at least watch some new moves from his Master. Though at least for me it would be anticlimatic if anyone besides Kenichi, Miu and Renka win their matches against Yomi members.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do doubt rachel has any sort of upper hand against renka. If anything, renka should have the upper hand and that is without taking in consideration rachel has been without a master for a while. Renka is a genius and her master seems to be on the level with the ryozampaku guys, she shouldn't loose here.

Its good to see seigfried against tanimoto though. I wonder just how strong seigfried has gotten recently. During DoD he barely got a chance to fight and was too exhausted to do so anyways. Tanimoto might be an actual yomi but this is the first time seigfried will have a chance to showoff his skills since the tournament. I am really excited about this fight.

Berserker vs kenichi makes sense. The guy has been implied to have some respect for kenichi and I bet he would have wanted to fight him since kenichi defeated ryuto. I get the impression berserker will come to fight thinking he has something to prove. Kenichi is the extreme opposite to him. Berserker is a genius developing his own style. Kenichi is normal and learning from 6 super masters, kenichi is nothing short of the ideal opponent to try his skills.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think one of the more intriguing match ups is probably Freya vs Ryuto. We know Freya has been training under that super master class staff user, so I'm excited to see her skills put on display in the following chapters. I think she'll be quite a match for a somewhat "handicapped" opponent.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wasn't freya always trained by her grandfather? That would be the main reason I don't particularly have much hope for her fight. Heck, she was trained from the start by a super master class and even then she got defeated by kisara. Even if kisara also got training from the geezer there would still be the big difference that the old guy is actually a master of what freya does. I don't think freya or kisara have what it takes to fight an actual yomi, even if the yomi in question is in a wheelchair. If anything, the only matches that are bound to be uninteresting are the ones involving freya and kisara. The only thing that could conceivably make kisara's match interesting is the fact that she is fighting alongside shiratori who is an actual match for kisara. I don't expect them to team up on chikage though. I do wonder how ukita will react to all of this though. While him jumping in the middle of the fight yet again would suck, there would certainly be some emotional turmoil in there if it involves chikage beating the living crap out of him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, what do you guys think Matsuena should do here? Switch up fights every chapter or focus on one fight at a time for the next few months?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read Mangastream's version, and one page was missing from other version.

http://mangastream.com/read/hsdk/65708289/9

Thor spotted Tanaka there, he will probably have some part here, maybe even fight Kensei if he is overseeing fights from around.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Buggy
    Thanks for that link! Now it makes the upcoming fights even more interesting.
    Though I really don't know what Tanaka will try to do. I really doubt he will fight Kenichi. I believe he is here in order to interrogate any of Kensei's disciples and then go after him.

BASED Shinigami
    From my point of view it's better to see one fight after another. Maybe starting by the weaker once and then going up to the fights of Renka, Miu and Kenichi and in the end showing Tanaka getting info on Kensei's location.

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@Kkck Ok lol you do have a point there. However, I am of the belief that she's vastly improved her skills the past few arcs even though there is no concrete proof to validate such a claim. I think the last time we seen her fight she did reasonably well against a fighter from the weapons division, so she has made some progress in her martial arts growth. That being said I think she is capable of fighting with low level yomi. Also, you know that I do not have much faith in Ryuto's abilities now that he's handicapped. I'm just having a hard time imagining Ryuto completely dominate her in their fight, but we will see in time. He'll be effectively only using his upper body as his lower parts don't work, so I question how effective his techniques will be against a weapons user.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

On the Tanaka subject.

I don't believe he's thinking rationally right now. Is he that blinded by rage and the will to avenge his master that he can't realize he is no match for a super master class fighter like Kensei? Last time I checked wasn't he still a high level "expert" fighter? I don't know but he mind as well commit suicide because fighting Kensei at his level is the equivalent of that.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; November 16, 2012 at 09:16 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, perhaps ryuto as of now should be considered some sort of weapon user? He has to "master" his wheelchair to be able to fight at all and it also would have to be pretty resistant to be able to handle even a disciple class fight. Ryuto has shown he can make his chair jump, who knows what else he can do to attack with it. Perhaps if he is agile enough the chair itself will even act as an armor from freya's weapon. Also don't forget that lugh said takeda would be a good opponent for odin which is quite remarkable. I don't think we should expect anything but the full blown strength of a true from ryuto at this point.

As for tanaka... I can't imagine what he is thinking. Realistically speaking there is no way he is an actual match for a master, let alone a super master. The only realistic way in which I see him winning against kensei is that he pulls a hongo on him however that would entail killing him. A reasonable development for tanaka would be for him to find his path in the katsujinken eventually so ideally he would have to pull an akira on kensei while also not try to kill him which is about immensely more difficult than what akira did to junazad. The way I see it tanaka is at best at the actual low level master class assuming he got a decent bit stronger since he fought kenichi however super master class or a class where he should be able to hold his ground against kensei at all should still be a few years away.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

didn't tanimoto own beserker once? and tanimoto is believed to be about the same level as kenishi so if we all take improvements to the next levels then in no way should he have surpassed kenishi enough to be a Hard challenge for kenishi to deal with.

I'm more interested in takeda's improvement and if he's new technique is similar to the technique kenishi learned from sakaki about fighting weapon users(corkscrew punches lol)

shikage should be a scary opponent, not counting the fact that her master may be as strong as the invincible superhuman...kisara will be ownt...

Tanaka is probably going to watch in the shadows until one of the alliance members is about to bite the dust then he'll jump in
    Last edited by bighawke5; November 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are underestimating berserker and what he could have become in this short time. You have to remember that the old berserker never had any sort of style or formal training. What he had was simply what was innate to him at the time. Right now berserker is getting physical training from kensei and is developing his own form and style. So what would be the result of berserker receiving a master class physical training plus whatever style he could be developing? In the past berserker lost to tanimoto because he had no form however the fact that he got so far against him with no form whatsoever is remarkable. Add in some form (which I can't stress enough, he is developing) and you got a monster. for all we know even back then berserker had the physical ability to match a current yomi but simply didn't have any sort of technique. Since berserker is still technically only developing his style he should still be inferior to other disciples in terms of techniques and style however whatever improvement and progress he has made in the department will easily result in exponential growth for him.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast