Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back to life as an ant ? ( or better yet, at all )

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    @GingFuriksu it's possible but he wasn't so......Togashi just obviously wanted to bring back a highly appreciated character and decided to give him such an ability. I just frown upon his return in this manner makes Gon Sacraficing everything for that form pointless.
    Nah it wasn't pointless at all. BECAUSE of that, Gon is a waaay better character now. He developed a lot, and that's what matters.

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back to life as an ant ? ( or better yet, at all )

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Nah I agree with everybody that Dislike's him coming back as the Queen's second child. It's Simply Togashi bringing back a Liked Character through PIS( Plot Induced Story). We know Kite had a Conjuerer Ability Roulette weapon sort of thing. SO this ability Ging was talking about is PIS if yo ask me. We know Nen becomes stronger in death...Pitou perfect example she died but had an puppet ability that could move her body so she could still fight you in her death, and be much stronger.....But Kite's non explained Nen ability doesn't make sense especially since he wasn't eaten but used a a training puppet to train the Ant army. I didn't like it I definitely frowned upon it he should have stayed dead..It doesn't make sense And speculating the tree of life or a soul transfer is too big of a Hypothesis since we don't know anything about this so called ability and it sounds more of a Specialty thecnique.
    I completely disagree. Kite coming back was not because he is a fan favourite. If that was the case why would he bring Kite back as a little girl? Why not bring him back in the form he is known for? The reason is Togashi brought him back for a number of reasons the most obvious of which are:

    1. Gon didn't want to live in a world without Kite (his mentor/father figure), this evident by the way he sacrifices his life in order to avenge him. He didn't want to live. So if Killua saves Gon but Kite wasn't back to life, Gon would still be a mess psychologically and may even be suicidal and still feel to blame despite avenging Kite. When he speaks with Kite in Election arc, you can see that it means a lot to Gon and frees him of the weight that was on his shoulders.

    2. Secondly it gives Togashi a reason to dive into the theme of 'souls' and what exactly they mean in the world of HxH. It of course ties in with the World Tree which is the gateway of souls and it also provides us an understanding of where the dead in HxH go. I feel that Togashi will explore 'souls' more in the future and Kite will be a large part of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    @GingFuriksu it's possible but he wasn't so......Togashi just obviously wanted to bring back a highly appreciated character and decided to give him such an ability. I just frown upon his return in this manner makes Gon Sacraficing everything for that form pointless.
    If you think of his roulette wheel ability it is highly possible that he would have an ability that would transfer his soul after death. He has an ability called the Grim Reaper dance in which his crazy slots becomes a scythe. It is known that his crazy slot has a contract on it that he cannot choose which ability appears, in exchange it makes each weapon as powerful as his nen can muster. Now if there is one slot which is revival, I would imagine that it is highly possible within the limits of his ability.

    It does not make Gon's sacrifice pointless at all and if Togashi didn't like killing popular characters then why is Netero still dead? Kite was revived in order to explore what happens with life and death in the HxH world at least that is my theory on it.
    Last edited by futurefrog; November 15, 2012 at 08:41 PM.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back to life as an ant ? ( or better yet, at all )

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I completely disagree. Kite coming back was not because he is a fan favourite. If that was the case why would he bring Kite back as a little girl? Why not bring him back in the form he is known for? The reason is Togashi brought him back for a number of reasons the most obvious of which are:

    1. Gon didn't want to live in a world without Kite (his mentor/father figure), this evident by the way he sacrifices his life in order to avenge him. He didn't want to live. So if Killua saves Gon but Kite wasn't back to life, Gon would still be a mess psychologically and may even be suicidal and still feel to blame despite avenging Kite. When he speaks with Kite in Election arc, you can see that it means a lot to Gon and frees him of the weight that was on his shoulders.

    2. Secondly it gives Togashi a reason to dive into the theme of 'souls' and what exactly they mean in the world of HxH. It of course ties in with the World Tree which is the gateway of souls and it also provides us an understanding of where the dead in HxH go. I feel that Togashi will explore 'souls' more in the future and Kite will be a large part of that.



    If you think of his roulette wheel ability it is highly possible that he would have an ability that would transfer his soul after death. He has an ability called the Grim Reaper dance in which his crazy slots becomes a scythe. It is known that his crazy slot has a contract on it that he cannot choose which ability appears, in exchange it makes each weapon as powerful as his nen can muster. Now if there is one slot which is revival, I would imagine that it is highly possible within the limits of his ability.

    It does not make Gon's sacrifice pointless at all and if Togashi didn't like killing popular characters then why is Netero still dead? Kite was revived in order to explore what happens with life and death in the HxH world.
    Damn... good point, I didn't even think of that With the whole not being able to choose what you want; that totally slipped my mind, hmm.. interesting.

    I agree with Togashi bringing back Kite to explore souls and not because he's a fan favorite. Togashi doesn't give a f*ck if you like a character xD If he wants to kill them off, he will.

  5. #19
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    72
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    And another reason that Kaito was revived is that Gon has a purpose now. Ging told Gon that he must train a lot to be able to protect Kaito. And that's a great "shake" on Gon's life. Gon will be training to be able to protect his friends and not letting them die.

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    The restriction on conditions do not allow you to exceed the inherent limitation of aura. Making a sword that can cut through ANYTHING is impossible no matter how much restriction you have on it. Making a sword that is strong enough to cut through Meryem is theoractically possible, but if the condition required is that you got to sacrifice your life and it only works on a lunar eclipse following a certain alignment of the planets, then it isn't going to be very useful because unlike most manga there is no Stormtrooper effect in HXH (the more unlikely an event is supposed to happen, the more likely it will actually happen, and vice versa). Had someone really developed such an ability it'd just be 'oops no lunar eclipse today' and that guy would've wasted his life for nothing.

    Likewise randomization isn't even that much of a restriction. You can't even do something like trade your life to bring someone else back to life in HXH (if it's that easy, someone would've done it already) so if having 100% chance to lose someone else's life can't bring back the dead why should any amount of randomization be sufficient? As an aside I saw fan made strip showing how Ging can revive everyone that died thus far by using the item from GI where you give 1000 (or was it 100) wishes and 3 of them will be fulfilled at random, by simply going:

    Wish 1: Resurrect everyone at location A
    Wish 2: Resurrect everyone at location B
    ...
    Wish 1000: Resurrect everyone at location ZZZ

    And this demonstrates the absurdity of the 'restriction' concept in HXH. There's obviously no way this could actually work and yes the item does have a 'no wish flooding' but it's not like it'd be that hard to come up with 1000 unique things that cannot possibly be accomplished by limitation of humanity.

    Seriously Kite can't be the first person to realize 'it'd be really nice if I didn't have to die'. If it's at all possible to cheat death you'd be in a world where longdead aura users just possess people or live in another body or whatever. The Zodiac cannot just consult the ghost of Netero to see if Beyond Netero is really his son. While there does seem to be some kind of netherworld in HXH, the ability to interact with it is well outside the limitation of aura.

  7. #21
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Nah it wasn't pointless at all. BECAUSE of that, Gon is a waaay better character now. He developed a lot, and that's what matters.
    Very True he has developed.


    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I completely disagree. Kite coming back was not because he is a fan favourite. If that was the case why would he bring Kite back as a little girl? Why not bring him back in the form he is known for? The reason is Togashi brought him back for a number of reasons the most obvious of which are:

    1. Gon didn't want to live in a world without Kite (his mentor/father figure), this evident by the way he sacrifices his life in order to avenge him. He didn't want to live. So if Killua saves Gon but Kite wasn't back to life, Gon would still be a mess psychologically and may even be suicidal and still feel to blame despite avenging Kite. When he speaks with Kite in Election arc, you can see that it means a lot to Gon and frees him of the weight that was on his shoulders.

    2. Secondly it gives Togashi a reason to dive into the theme of 'souls' and what exactly they mean in the world of HxH. It of course ties in with the World Tree which is the gateway of souls and it also provides us an understanding of where the dead in HxH go. I feel that Togashi will explore 'souls' more in the future and Kite will be a large part of that.
    Gon Went stupid because he thought Kite was still alive and he was still able to save him. Pitou Lied to him and he knew he couldn't exactly beat Pitou so he sacrificed everything to whip his ass for Kite....Kite was part of Gon's reason for taking of and being a Hunter especially him being his father's student..Gon still had Ppl to live for his Aunt, Killua, Kurapica Etc

    I have to re-read the election Arc but wouldn't us reader simply think Souls went to HXH Hell or Heaven? I also believe Ging was just referring to folklore about the tree not being literal I have to re-read. But my current Knowledge is that the Tree simply should be sprouting to outer space and takes in a lot of nutrients.

    Quote Quote:
    If you think of his roulette wheel ability it is highly possible that he would have an ability that would transfer his soul after death. He has an ability called the Grim Reaper dance in which his crazy slots becomes a scythe. It is known that his crazy slot has a contract on it that he cannot choose which ability appears, in exchange it makes each weapon as powerful as his nen can muster. Now if there is one slot which is revival, I would imagine that it is highly possible within the limits of his ability.
    His Crazy slot was a random ability with an selection of 9 weapons. Each weapon having it's own special ability, The Scythe when swung had a wide radius and looked as if it could stretch.

    Quote Quote:
    It does not make Gon's sacrifice pointless at all and if Togashi didn't like killing popular characters then why is Netero still dead? Kite was revived in order to explore what happens with life and death in the HxH world.
    Kite was more popular than Netero, he was shown from the beginning as Ging's student. Netero was old and not as interesting as Kite was or more appealing on the eyes...Netero was just an bad ass and with his death opened up the plot for so much more...Also the return as a Girl because it would be to cheesy for him to just be simply reborn again..

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Likewise randomization isn't even that much of a restriction. You can't even do something like trade your life to bring someone else back to life in HXH (if it's that easy, someone would've done it already) so if having 100% chance to lose someone else's life can't bring back the dead why should any amount of randomization be sufficient? As an aside I saw fan made strip showing how Ging can revive everyone that died thus far by using the item from GI where you give 1000 (or was it 100) wishes and 3 of them will be fulfilled at random, by simply going:

    Wish 1: Resurrect everyone at location A
    Wish 2: Resurrect everyone at location B
    ...
    Wish 1000: Resurrect everyone at location ZZZ

    And this demonstrates the absurdity of the 'restriction' concept in HXH. There's obviously no way this could actually work and yes the item does have a 'no wish flooding' but it's not like it'd be that hard to come up with 1000 unique things that cannot possibly be accomplished by limitation of humanity.

    Seriously Kite can't be the first person to realize 'it'd be really nice if I didn't have to die'. If it's at all possible to cheat death you'd be in a world where longdead aura users just possess people or live in another body or whatever. The Zodiac cannot just consult the ghost of Netero to see if Beyond Netero is really his son. While there does seem to be some kind of netherworld in HXH, the ability to interact with it is well outside the limitation of aura.
    Ging's game are created by some of the most powerful Nen users in the world. However I believe there would be restrictions to resurrecting more than 1 person. What is the name of that card I don't recall....I remember a Healing card that can restore limbs and maybe lost organs. The game was also not just a game it took place on a island in real life. So everything was nen...Super Strong Nen users.

    I agree though of course somebody else would have thought about this being Re born tactic. It doesn't make sense......Also Specialization Users aren't tied down by restrictions they go beyond Nen's natural ability such as Fortune Telling and Alluka's powers....I believe unconscious specialization Users surpass nen's limits.

  8. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    I think you need to reread both the Chimera Ant arc and Election arc XXGenesis as you seem to have forgot a lot of things. First of all let me direct you to an excellent explaination of Gon's transformation and the meaning behind it: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post2691112
    Gon had planned to die. He could not live with losing Kite. It would be the same if Mito or anyone he loved died because of him. The guilt was too much for him. Which why when Kite forgives Gon, it relieves Gon of all the guilt he built up over the course of the ant arc.

    Now to explain how it makes perfect sense in the confines of Kite's ability, it has been shown that revival is possible in the world of HxH, just not in your own body. The way Chimera Ants retain the soul of those that died to the Queen proves that this is possible WITHOUT NEN. So what makes it so hard to believe that WITH NEN it is possible as well? Kite's ability would need to be crafted so that it activates after death. As for reasoning why Kite would think of such an ability? Well you could simply say that he does not want to die, but I think that it was always Kite and Ging intention to have this ability, perhaps to see if the World Tree (gateway of souls, lifestream) could be manipulated. I believe that the 'Like hell I am gonna die' ability involves manipulation of the lifestream in order to bounce back Kite's soul into another body. It makes sense and given the introduction of the Tree of Life, this is clearly something Togashi wants to explore in greater detail.

    Now for those saying people who die just go to Heaven or Hell, this is not correct. There is no Heaven or Hell in HxH, there is 'somewhere'. Noone knows where the souls go, but they must pass through the tree in order to arrive at their destination. Whatever this afterlife is, it involves the soul. Togashi makes this very clear in the Koala ant chapter. An excellent chapter at that might I add. But yes Kite's ability is easily possible, but is obviously one that cannot simply be praciticed. It was a gamble for Kite to use the ability, but thankfully it paid off. Now we can see more of how the world of souls works. I think that the OUtside world tree is going to be a big part of it. Interestingly enough, when Gon climbing the World tree he comments that he feels life flowing through it. Very interesting

    I know I'm crazy but I still believe Gon is born from the World tree!!

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  9. #23
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    The limitation of Aura is hard capped by the limitation of humanity and this cannot be surpassed without Aura itself no matter how much restrictions you pile on because otherwise you'd end up with a world where death is irrelevent. There's a rather large distinction between 'on the verge of death' and 'dead'. There's a lot of stuff you can do to get out of being on the verge of death, but once you cross the line you don't come back so far as Aura goes. The Queen's ability to basically reincarnate people is a species specific ability that has nothing to do with Aura. It's like saying if birds can fly without Aura how come humans can't fly with Aura, even though nobody has been able to do this at a 1on1 level (Tsubone's ability cannot be used for self gain, so it's already a 2on1 and the implication is that upper hand gained by flight on a single person (and the second person being removed from combat) in this case is arguably not even more useful than just having 2 people to begin with).

    By the way Aura isn't really this all powerful force to begin with in HXH. You can't create something with the destructive power of the Rose with just Aura, or there would be no point to use the Rose in the first place. Meryem, as powerful as he is, cannot fly until he assimilated some DNA that gives him wings. In terms of ability to take out hardened individual targets, almost any kind of poison is far more useful than virtually any offensive Aura ability in the story thus far.

    Resurrection is well outside of the realm of Aura. You can't even meaningful interact with the 'soul' so to speak, because it sure would be pretty useful to be able to speak to the souls of long dead powerful characters. Kuroro, who has probably the greatest variety of special powers, still have no way to communicate with Ubogin after he died.

    There are only two entities who can possibly mess with stuff like souls/death. First is the Ant Queen, but the Ant Queen clearly did not eat Kite (Kite was used as a training dummy). Second is Alluka, whose power clearly exceeds the limitation of humanity, but Alluka isn't involved in this case either.

    That said not everything in HXH has to have a bigger meaning. Compared to the kind of story-breaking stuff that happened in the Election arc, Kite magically coming back to life is ultimately pretty irrelvent. Sure it makes all the anguish in the Ant arc meaningless but having a big brother discount bailout for Gon already makes all the conflict in the Ant arc meaninless, and you can just treat Kite's return as getting a nice 2 for 1 deal from Alluka's Deus Ex Machina shop.

  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    The limitation of Aura is hard capped by the limitation of humanity and this cannot be surpassed without Aura itself no matter how much restrictions you pile on because otherwise you'd end up with a world where death is irrelevent. There's a rather large distinction between 'on the verge of death' and 'dead'. There's a lot of stuff you can do to get out of being on the verge of death, but once you cross the line you don't come back so far as Aura goes. The Queen's ability to basically reincarnate people is a species specific ability that has nothing to do with Aura. It's like saying if birds can fly without Aura how come humans can't fly with Aura, even though nobody has been able to do this at a 1on1 level (Tsubone's ability cannot be used for self gain, so it's already a 2on1 and the implication is that upper hand gained by flight on a single person (and the second person being removed from combat) in this case is arguably not even more useful than just having 2 people to begin with).

    By the way Aura isn't really this all powerful force to begin with in HXH. You can't create something with the destructive power of the Rose with just Aura, or there would be no point to use the Rose in the first place. Meryem, as powerful as he is, cannot fly until he assimilated some DNA that gives him wings. In terms of ability to take out hardened individual targets, almost any kind of poison is far more useful than virtually any offensive Aura ability in the story thus far.

    Resurrection is well outside of the realm of Aura. You can't even meaningful interact with the 'soul' so to speak, because it sure would be pretty useful to be able to speak to the souls of long dead powerful characters. Kuroro, who has probably the greatest variety of special powers, still have no way to communicate with Ubogin after he died.

    There are only two entities who can possibly mess with stuff like souls/death. First is the Ant Queen, but the Ant Queen clearly did not eat Kite (Kite was used as a training dummy). Second is Alluka, whose power clearly exceeds the limitation of humanity, but Alluka isn't involved in this case either.

    That said not everything in HXH has to have a bigger meaning. Compared to the kind of story-breaking stuff that happened in the Election arc, Kite magically coming back to life is ultimately pretty irrelvent. Sure it makes all the anguish in the Ant arc meaningless but having a big brother discount bailout for Gon already makes all the conflict in the Ant arc meaninless, and you can just treat Kite's return as getting a nice 2 for 1 deal from Alluka's Deus Ex Machina shop.
    You really do not get it do you? Please reread Chimera Ant arc and Election arc and come back here. You seem to making assumptions upon how Nen works, which are false. It has been said that Nen has infinite possibilties, while some things are impossible such as a sword that cuts everything, the reason its impossible is because you cant know what everything is. It's far more feasible to bring yourself back to life, than to make that sword. I'm beginning to become frustrated by this conversation so I'm leaving it here. Continue on chaps.
    Last edited by futurefrog; November 10, 2012 at 08:25 PM.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  11. #25
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I think you need to reread both the Chimera Ant arc and Election arc XXGenesis as you seem to have forgot a lot of things. First of all let me direct you to an excellent explaination of Gon's transformation and the meaning behind it: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t...=1#post2691112
    Gon had planned to die. He could not live with losing Kite. It would be the same if Mito or anyone he loved died because of him. The guilt was too much for him. Which why when Kite forgives Gon, it relieves Gon of all the guilt he built up over the course of the ant arc
    Gon's guilt was because Kite died protecting Him and Killua. Gon felt as if he wasn't there Kite wouldn't have died...Especially if he stayed to help him fight Pitou. That was the big thing He was forced to leave after kite lost his arm in an instant right in front of him we seen how he reacted to that scenario. His whole thing was that he left a friend to die and felt like the outcome would have been way different if he stayed..Or Better yet they should have died fighting together.....I'm right about Gon's transformation Pitou lied about being able to fix him and told him he was already dead that his body was soul less. With All of that Gon didn't care what he had to sacrifice to kill Pitou after being told this info.

    Quote Quote:
    Now to explain how it makes perfect sense in the confines of Kite's ability, it has been shown that revival is possible in the world of HxH, just not in your own body. The way Chimera Ants retain the soul of those that died to the Queen proves that this is possible WITHOUT NEN. So what makes it so hard to believe that WITH NEN it is possible as well? Kite's ability would need to be crafted so that it activates after death. As for reasoning why Kite would think of such an ability? Well you could simply say that he does not want to die, but I think that it was always Kite and Ging intention to have this ability, perhaps to see if the World Tree (gateway of souls, lifestream) could be manipulated. I believe that the 'Like hell I am gonna die' ability involves manipulation of the lifestream in order to bounce back Kite's soul into another body. It makes sense and given the introduction of the Tree of Life, this is clearly something Togashi wants to explore in greater detail.
    It doesn't make sense because Ging said "maybe Kite had an ability like hell if i'm gonna die" He doesn't know the specific name or what Kite actually did he' just stating a sensible hypothesis of his return. This has not been explained thoroughly by Togashi so to speculate as it's fact is wrong but you are warrant to an hypothesis. Nen or not it makes a lot more sense.

    It makes way more sense that after select Humans were eaten and spit back out as Ant by the Queen that they eventually regain some of their memories and personalities. This wasn't the case for Kite.

    Life stream being manipulated I think not they aren't specialization users with extraordinary abilities.

    Also Togashi has explained what he wanted to already he's wrapped up the Ant arc. At best he'll introduce these characters later on in the manga..

    Your adding Plot's to a manga that your not writing.

    Quote Quote:
    Now for those saying people who die just go to Heaven or Hell, this is not correct. There is no Heaven or Hell in HxH, there is 'somewhere'. Noone knows where the souls go, but they must pass through the tree in order to arrive at their destination. Whatever this afterlife is, it involves the soul. Togashi makes this very clear in the Koala ant chapter. An excellent chapter at that might I add. But yes Kite's ability is easily possible, but is obviously one that cannot simply be praciticed. It was a gamble for Kite to use the ability, but thankfully it paid off. Now we can see more of how the world of souls works. I think that the OUtside world tree is going to be a big part of it. Interestingly enough, when Gon climbing the World tree he comments that he feels life flowing through it. Very interesting

    I know I'm crazy but I still believe Gon is born from the World tree!!
    I do have to read the election arc over towards the ending. But Your employing plots that don't exist yet.

  12. #26
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Gon's guilt was because Kite died protecting Him and Killua. Gon felt as if he wasn't there Kite wouldn't have died...Especially if he stayed to help him fight Pitou. That was the big thing He was forced to leave after kite lost his arm in an instant right in front of him we seen how he reacted to that scenario. His whole thing was that he left a friend to die and felt like the outcome would have been way different if he stayed..Or Better yet they should have died fighting together.....I'm right about Gon's transformation Pitou lied about being able to fix him and told him he was already dead that his body was soul less. With All of that Gon didn't care what he had to sacrifice to kill Pitou after being told this info.



    It doesn't make sense because Ging said "maybe Kite had an ability like hell if i'm gonna die" He doesn't know the specific name or what Kite actually did he' just stating a sensible hypothesis of his return. This has not been explained thoroughly by Togashi so to speculate as it's fact is wrong but you are warrant to an hypothesis. Nen or not it makes a lot more sense.

    It makes way more sense that after select Humans were eaten and spit back out as Ant by the Queen that they eventually regain some of their memories and personalities. This wasn't the case for Kite.

    Life stream being manipulated I think not they aren't specialization users with extraordinary abilities.

    Also Togashi has explained what he wanted to already he's wrapped up the Ant arc. At best he'll introduce these characters later on in the manga..

    Your adding Plot's to a manga that your not writing.



    I do have to read the election arc over towards the ending. But Your employing plots that don't exist yet.
    Actually you're wrong. Ging KNOWS he has that ability because he's the one that taught him how to use Nen and helped him create his ability.

    Last edited by GingFuriksu; November 11, 2012 at 01:33 AM.

  13. #27
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    I'd say Kite came back so that Killua won't have to be responsible for completely destroying the plot twice. Here's what ought to have happened had Kite stayed dead:

    Killua cured Gon, gets blamed by fans for being a portable Dragonball machine

    Killua tells Gon about Alluka's power.

    Gon then asks Killua to bring back Kite.

    Most likely Alluka can actually do this because Alluka's power is way beyond the established limit of HXH.

    The most popular HXH character gets ruined for being a recurring Dragonball dispensing machine.

    And no, there's no way Killua was going to say, "No I won't help you revive Kite". That's totally not the kind of person he is. The only way this can resolve successfully is if Alluka lacks the power to revive Kite, and I'd say based on Alluka's displayed powers, there's a very good chance she can do it. Even if Alluka lacks the power of resurrection, she most likely can reincarnate Kite as someone else (this is way easier than resurrection). Either way, Killua gets blamed because he happens to have the keys to the Dragonball machine and it's hard to imagine why Gon wouldn't want to use it to bring back Kite. So rather than having Killua's character ruined for having powers that'd make super villians look weak, Togashi takes one for his characters instead with Kite being revived for absolutely no good reason whatsoever. I'm guessing he planned on going on a long hiatus anyway, so it's not like he cares if the fans hate him even more now compared to before.

    ---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Actually you're wrong. Ging KNOWS he has that ability because he's the one that taught him how to use Nen and helped him create his move.
    Avoiding death and cheating death are two totally different things. If Kite has a move that creates a decoy to fool the enemy into thinking he's dead that's one thing. It's something else completely to have a move that actually lets you return to life after you have physically died. As he described the trigger condition is apparently "I really don't want to die". What kind of weak condition is this? Who doesn't want to live if they can? Going by the usual risk versus reward method to determine power this would mean Kite's ability is absolutely useless and wouldn't even come close to cheating death, something nobody in HXH has pulled off yet.

    To put things into perpsective, Pitou, who mastered things that even his fellow Royals cannot (he is proficient in healing despite this being as far away from his natural type as possible, he is better at manipulation than Pufu despite Pufu is a natural Manipulator), and who lives only to serve Meryem, can only animate his body in a zombie-like state after dying. And yet Kite just has to think "I don't want to die!" and then he can transfer his conscious to some other entity?

  14. #28
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I'd say Kite came back so that Killua won't have to be responsible for completely destroying the plot twice. Here's what ought to have happened had Kite stayed dead:

    Killua cured Gon, gets blamed by fans for being a portable Dragonball machine

    Killua tells Gon about Alluka's power.

    Gon then asks Killua to bring back Kite.

    Most likely Alluka can actually do this because Alluka's power is way beyond the established limit of HXH.

    The most popular HXH character gets ruined for being a recurring Dragonball dispensing machine.

    And no, there's no way Killua was going to say, "No I won't help you revive Kite". That's totally not the kind of person he is. The only way this can resolve successfully is if Alluka lacks the power to revive Kite, and I'd say based on Alluka's displayed powers, there's a very good chance she can do it. Even if Alluka lacks the power of resurrection, she most likely can reincarnate Kite as someone else (this is way easier than resurrection). Either way, Killua gets blamed because he happens to have the keys to the Dragonball machine and it's hard to imagine why Gon wouldn't want to use it to bring back Kite. So rather than having Killua's character ruined for having powers that'd make super villians look weak, Togashi takes one for his characters instead with Kite being revived for absolutely no good reason whatsoever. I'm guessing he planned on going on a long hiatus anyway, so it's not like he cares if the fans hate him even more now compared to before.

    ---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------



    Avoiding death and cheating death are two totally different things. If Kite has a move that creates a decoy to fool the enemy into thinking he's dead that's one thing. It's something else completely to have a move that actually lets you return to life after you have physically died. As he described the trigger condition is apparently "I really don't want to die". What kind of weak condition is this? Who doesn't want to live if they can? Going by the usual risk versus reward method to determine power this would mean Kite's ability is absolutely useless and wouldn't even come close to cheating death, something nobody in HXH has pulled off yet.

    To put things into perpsective, Pitou, who mastered things that even his fellow Royals cannot (he is proficient in healing despite this being as far away from his natural type as possible, he is better at manipulation than Pufu despite Pufu is a natural Manipulator), and who lives only to serve Meryem, can only animate his body in a zombie-like state after dying. And yet Kite just has to think "I don't want to die!" and then he can transfer his conscious to some other entity?
    I'm just gonna throw my hat in here one last time. I am guessing that Kite's ability is similar to the Dying Will bullets in Hitman Reborn. If he dies with strong enough regrets he is reborn again. Although they are different, I think it works similarly. If Kite's ability is not so much a restriction but an ability that grows more powerful after death then its easily feasible. I don't see how Kite's ability is so hard to believe.

    I actually dont get the problem with a character in HxH being revived in some capacity, it's not like there has been any others revived. So what is wrong with Kite reviving? It makes sense and gives new ground for Togashi to explore, it's not like his revival was without purpose.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  15. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    I'm just gonna throw my hat in here one last time. I am guessing that Kite's ability is similar to the Dying Will bullets in Hitman Reborn. If he dies with strong enough regrets he is reborn again. Although they are different, I think it works similarly. If Kite's ability is not so much a restriction but an ability that grows more powerful after death then its easily feasible. I don't see how Kite's ability is so hard to believe.

    I actually dont get the problem with a character in HxH being revived in some capacity, it's not like there has been any others revived. So what is wrong with Kite reviving? It makes sense and gives new ground for Togashi to explore, it's not like his revival was without purpose.
    I'm sure a lot of people in HXH would regret dying but you don't see HXH being run by nth reincarnation of some long dead Aura user. If Hisoka died shouldn't he regret never having the opportunity to fight Gon? Is this regret any less than whatever regret Kite may have had? Kite is powerful but he's hardly unique in terms of prowess with Aura, nor is he the first person who would want to avoid dying. Thus far everyone else who died stay dead, so what makes him special?

    That said had Kite stayed dead, Gon would just ask Killua to ask Alluka to reincarnate him, who seems to be quite capable of pulling this off, so it's inevitable as long as Alluka exists.

  16. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people in HXH would regret dying but you don't see HXH being run by nth reincarnation of some long dead Aura user. If Hisoka died shouldn't he regret never having the opportunity to fight Gon? Is this regret any less than whatever regret Kite may have had? Kite is powerful but he's hardly unique in terms of prowess with Aura, nor is he the first person who would want to avoid dying. Thus far everyone else who died stay dead, so what makes him special?

    That said had Kite stayed dead, Gon would just ask Killua to ask Alluka to reincarnate him, who seems to be quite capable of pulling this off, so it's inevitable as long as Alluka exists.
    As I said, it's a specific ability, obviously not every nen user can develop it. Hence why I hypothesised that there is some manipulation of the World Tree since Ging has a heavy involvement with the tree and taught Kite the ability and how to use nen. I get the feeling that Ging taught Kite this ability to test the tree's power. Not that he wanted Kite to do, but should he die, they would know whether the tree is capable of being maniuplated. This is just my hypothesis of course Togashi might explain it as something else. But I honestly dont see how it doesnt make sense. One of the slots on Kite's crazy slot transfers his soul to another body, what is so difficult to understand of it? The crazy slot itself has a strong restriction, that he can not choose which slot it becomes, so I think it is a fair trade that the soul trade is not able to be accessed at all times as Ging said, only if he really 'meant it'. So clearly this ability required a lot from Kite in order to perform and by the way he was revived I think he had to pay a very big price. Sure he was revived, but it's more that just his soul was revived, his body is that of a chiemra ant little girl, it's not like he was dragon balled back to life, he had to pay the price.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts