Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 57

Thread: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

  1. #31
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    What is it with you and the world tree? Isn't it just a shrunken tree with a fancy name?

    I don't even think the Queen's produce involves transferring souls. Most likely, the only thing that was transferred (or recreated, rather) were memories.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    What is it with you and the world tree? Isn't it just a shrunken tree with a fancy name?

    I don't even think the Queen's produce involves transferring souls. Most likely, the only thing that was transferred (or recreated, rather) were memories.
    Did you not read the Koala Ant chapter or the World Tree chapter? Ugh..

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  3. #33
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Actually you're wrong. Ging KNOWS he has that ability because he's the one that taught him how to use Nen and helped him create his ability.

    The Checkmate goes to you dude. I may have just frowned and kept the page moving during this part. I've recently realized the translation of manga chapters are much clearer after a few days or weeks...Definitely reading this Ar over though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I'd say Kite came back so that Killua won't have to be responsible for completely destroying the plot twice. Here's what ought to have happened had Kite stayed dead:

    Killua cured Gon, gets blamed by fans for being a portable Dragonball machine

    Killua tells Gon about Alluka's power.

    Gon then asks Killua to bring back Kite.

    Most likely Alluka can actually do this because Alluka's power is way beyond the established limit of HXH.

    The most popular HXH character gets ruined for being a recurring Dragonball dispensing machine.

    And no, there's no way Killua was going to say, "No I won't help you revive Kite". That's totally not the kind of person he is. The only way this can resolve successfully is if Alluka lacks the power to revive Kite, and I'd say based on Alluka's displayed powers, there's a very good chance she can do it. Even if Alluka lacks the power of resurrection, she most likely can reincarnate Kite as someone else (this is way easier than resurrection). Either way, Killua gets blamed because he happens to have the keys to the Dragonball machine and it's hard to imagine why Gon wouldn't want to use it to bring back Kite. So rather than having Killua's character ruined for having powers that'd make super villians look weak, Togashi takes one for his characters instead with Kite being revived for absolutely no good reason whatsoever. I'm guessing he planned on going on a long hiatus anyway, so it's not like he cares if the fans hate him even more now compared to before.
    I completely Agree here. everybody was whining about Alluka being a child Shenlong =/ I personally had no quarrels with this. I Also agree with you again because I thought Gon would have asked Killua to bring back Kite also....Good analysis there.


    Quote Quote:
    Avoiding death and cheating death are two totally different things. If Kite has a move that creates a decoy to fool the enemy into thinking he's dead that's one thing. It's something else completely to have a move that actually lets you return to life after you have physically died. As he described the trigger condition is apparently "I really don't want to die". What kind of weak condition is this? Who doesn't want to live if they can? Going by the usual risk versus reward method to determine power this would mean Kite's ability is absolutely useless and wouldn't even come close to cheating death, something nobody in HXH has pulled off yet.

    To put things into perpsective, Pitou, who mastered things that even his fellow Royals cannot (he is proficient in healing despite this being as far away from his natural type as possible, he is better at manipulation than Pufu despite Pufu is a natural Manipulator), and who lives only to serve Meryem, can only animate his body in a zombie-like state after dying. And yet Kite just has to think "I don't want to die!" and then he can transfer his conscious to some other entity?
    Exactly it's cheap and doesn't make sense...Also Pitou's ability was Specialization by the way.....P.S. Cause of 1 heated debate no need to avoid me Phantron or hold a grudge, I certainly don't. Challenging others in manga knowledge is fun and interesting to me to see how they interpret the story.

  4. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Did you not read the Koala Ant chapter or the World Tree chapter? Ugh..
    My memory is hazy:

    Koala guy was talking about superstitious beliefs.

    World Tree is a huge malnourished tree originally from the Outside.

  5. #35
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    My memory is hazy:

    Koala guy was talking about superstitious beliefs.

    World Tree is a huge malnourished tree originally from the Outside.
    Nope. The Koala Ant is discussing the journey his soul went through and discusses the journey of all souls with Kite.
    He discusses how souls are endlessly small but have the potential to endlessly repeat.
    He then states that although souls are infinitely small they make up everything that we are.
    This is surely something that will be explored further in the future.

    In regards to the World Tree, there are two World Trees. One in the known world which we have seen and the one in the Outside world which is a million times bigger.
    The one in the known world is malnourished yes, because it cannot plant its roots in magma like the Outside world one. But it is still a World Tree, a tree of life.
    When Gon climbs the tree he remarks that he can feel life flowing through it. Upon the top of the tree is baby birds and a mother symbolizing the cycle of life inherent to the tree.

    The tree is going to be a very important part of HxH moving forward as it is said to be the gateway of souls, now considering that 1 chapter before the Koala-ant detailed his souls journey and the very meaning of souls, it would be very strange if the two werent connected, afterall the tree is Yggdrasil, the tree of life, I dont think that Togashi would introduce to elements to the story such as this right next to each other if there was no connection between them.

    Now bringing it back to Kite, he mentions feeling a similar journey to that mentioned by the Koala ant, now if we hypothesis that both there souls went to the world tree but were instead bounced back for one reason or another it explains the rebirth in another body quite neatly. Anyways please reread a properly translated chapter as you either read a shoddy translation or forgot completely.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  6. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #36
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Nope. The Koala Ant is discussing the journey his soul went through and discusses the journey of all souls with Kite.
    He discusses how souls are endlessly small but have the potential to endlessly repeat.
    He then states that although souls are infinitely small they make up everything that we are.
    This is surely something that will be explored further in the future.

    In regards to the World Tree, there are two World Trees. One in the known world which we have seen and the one in the Outside world which is a million times bigger.
    The one in the known world is malnourished yes, because it cannot plant its roots in magma like the Outside world one. But it is still a World Tree, a tree of life.
    When Gon climbs the tree he remarks that he can feel life flowing through it. Upon the top of the tree is baby birds and a mother symbolizing the cycle of life inherent to the tree.

    The tree is going to be a very important part of HxH moving forward as it is said to be the gateway of souls, now considering that 1 chapter before the Koala-ant detailed his souls journey and the very meaning of souls, it would be very strange if the two werent connected, afterall the tree is Yggdrasil, the tree of life, I dont think that Togashi would introduce to elements to the story such as this right next to each other if there was no connection between them.

    Now bringing it back to Kite, he mentions feeling a similar journey to that mentioned by the Koala ant, now if we hypothesis that both there souls went to the world tree but were instead bounced back for one reason or another it explains the rebirth in another body quite neatly. Anyways please reread a properly translated chapter as you either read a shoddy translation or forgot completely.
    Everything you said was spot on. I read the chapter two days ago.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #37
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Nope. The Koala Ant is discussing the journey his soul went through and discusses the journey of all souls with Kite.
    He discusses how souls are endlessly small but have the potential to endlessly repeat.
    He then states that although souls are infinitely small they make up everything that we are.
    This is surely something that will be explored further in the future.
    Yes your correct. And he mentions that Souls must go somewhere he's simply stating his belief from his Chimera point of View and his rebirth. Kite and a few Humans are the only individuals that have had their soul re-cycled..This mostly applies to Humans being reborn as Ants and explanation of The Soul in HXH....Many Ppl in our World believe the Kola's belief to..I know I do. If you haven't achieved your true goal Perfect Ex.Netero achieving his Zenith of Martial Arts then finding Mereyum he mentions this was the day he was waiting for, to fight such an opponent.

    Quote Quote:
    In regards to the World Tree, there are two World Trees. One in the known world which we have seen and the one in the Outside world which is a million times bigger.
    The one in the known world is malnourished yes, because it cannot plant its roots in magma like the Outside world one. But it is still a World Tree, a tree of life.
    When Gon climbs the tree he remarks that he can feel life flowing through it. Upon the top of the tree is baby birds and a mother symbolizing the cycle of life inherent to the tree.

    The tree is going to be a very important part of HxH moving forward as it is said to be the gateway of souls, now considering that 1 chapter before the Koala-ant detailed his souls journey and the very meaning of souls, it would be very strange if the two werent connected, afterall the tree is Yggdrasil, the tree of life, I dont think that Togashi would introduce to elements to the story such as this right next to each other if there was no connection between them.
    All Living things have Life energy. Once you learn Nen you become sensitive to these things. The World Tree considering what it is Yea you would be able to feel a strong Life force coming from it.

    It's not stated anywhere that it's the gateway of souls -_-. Ging explained the World Tree to Gon he does not mention rebirth through the Tree or souls being associated with it. The whole Soul thing was for Kite and The Ant's explanation of rebirth.

    The next plot/Arc in HxH is this outside World and If Netero Beyond is to be Hunted or Not?

    Quote Quote:
    Now bringing it back to Kite, he mentions feeling a similar journey to that mentioned by the Koala ant, now if we hypothesis that both there souls went to the world tree but were instead bounced back for one reason or another it explains the rebirth in another body quite neatly. Anyways please reread a properly translated chapter as you either read a shoddy translation or forgot completely.
    Your Free to believe this but Togashi does not link these two aspects together. Also Kite wasn't doing any talking about Souls it was just the Kola talking. Kite simply told him since i look like the girl you killed live by me...Etc Etc


    Quote Originally Posted by GingFuriksu View Post
    Everything you said was spot on. I read the chapter two days ago.
    I just finished reading those chapters. Where was it stated that Souls collect, reside in The World Tree. It's simply a Tree that stopped growing because it's malnourished....All living things Have Nen is Life force those that can use nen learn how to limit their aura from leaking from their body which is how Netero and Great Grandpa Zoldyck lived for so long.

  10. #38
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Yes your correct. And he mentions that Souls must go somewhere he's simply stating his belief from his Chimera point of View and his rebirth. Kite and a few Humans are the only individuals that have had their soul re-cycled..This mostly applies to Humans being reborn as Ants and explanation of The Soul in HXH....Many Ppl in our World believe the Kola's belief to..I know I do. If you haven't achieved your true goal Perfect Ex.Netero achieving his Zenith of Martial Arts then finding Mereyum he mentions this was the day he was waiting for, to fight such an opponent.



    All Living things have Life energy. Once you learn Nen you become sensitive to these things. The World Tree considering what it is Yea you would be able to feel a strong Life force coming from it.

    It's not stated anywhere that it's the gateway of souls -_-. Ging explained the World Tree to Gon he does not mention rebirth through the Tree or souls being associated with it. The whole Soul thing was for Kite and The Ant's explanation of rebirth.

    The next plot/Arc in HxH is this outside World and If Netero Beyond is to be Hunted or Not?



    Your Free to believe this but Togashi does not link these two aspects together. Also Kite wasn't doing any talking about Souls it was just the Kola talking. Kite simply told him since i look like the girl you killed live by me...Etc Etc




    I just finished reading those chapters. Where was it stated that Souls collect, reside in The World Tree. It's simply a Tree that stopped growing because it's malnourished....All living things Have Nen is Life force those that can use nen learn how to limit their aura from leaking from their body which is how Netero and Great Grandpa Zoldyck lived for so long.
    The World Tree is specifically named Yggdrasil, aka. the gateway of souls, the tree of life. Google it.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  11. #39
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Nope. The Koala Ant is discussing the journey his soul went through and discusses the journey of all souls with Kite.
    He discusses how souls are endlessly small but have the potential to endlessly repeat.
    He then states that although souls are infinitely small they make up everything that we are.
    This is surely something that will be explored further in the future.
    Was he trying to explain things or did he truly have a grasp of what actually happened? What does he mean - and what meaning can be ascribed - when souls "escape"? I think Koala was just trying to explain in a mythical way rebirth by way of ant consumption. Consider the souls of people who don't get eaten alive by ants. Do they "repeat"?

    Quote Quote:
    In regards to the World Tree, there are two World Trees. One in the known world which we have seen and the one in the Outside world which is a million times bigger.
    The one in the known world is malnourished yes, because it cannot plant its roots in magma like the Outside world one. But it is still a World Tree, a tree of life.
    When Gon climbs the tree he remarks that he can feel life flowing through it. Upon the top of the tree is baby birds and a mother symbolizing the cycle of life inherent to the tree.

    The tree is going to be a very important part of HxH moving forward as it is said to be the gateway of souls, now considering that 1 chapter before the Koala-ant detailed his souls journey and the very meaning of souls, it would be very strange if the two werent connected, afterall the tree is Yggdrasil, the tree of life, I dont think that Togashi would introduce to elements to the story such as this right next to each other if there was no connection between them.

    Now bringing it back to Kite, he mentions feeling a similar journey to that mentioned by the Koala ant, now if we hypothesis that both there souls went to the world tree but were instead bounced back for one reason or another it explains the rebirth in another body quite neatly. Anyways please reread a properly translated chapter as you either read a shoddy translation or forgot completely.
    Yeah I don't think you can really draw a connection between the two. For one thing that would mean that there are two or more world trees acting as gateways, which would be absurd. I think you focus too much on the name.

    I would be fairly surprised if Togashi focuses on souls. He doesn't shy from talking about the mystical, but Togashi keeps v. coy about the more supernatural things and leaves the possibilities (and the horror) to the imagination.

  12. #40
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    The World Tree is specifically named Yggdrasil, aka. the gateway of souls, the tree of life. Google it.
    Ok that's Norse Mythology. So are you Telling there lies a frost giant beneath the tree also?

    It's called the World Tree not Yggdrasil in HXH and we know why Ging explained it. Introducing to us The Dark Continent after that Chapter we see Beyond Netero gathering supporters and anybody that wants to go to the Dark Continent and the Zodiacs discuss this and we get a Hiatus right before they have to make a decision to kill him because he's going about it the wrong way.

    Like I said yo can speculate this I wouldn't see why however cause Ging was thorough with his explanation and it make perfect sense that such a nourished Tree would have a strong life force. But don't pass this off as a fact cause it's not. Nobody mentioned the tree being a gateway for souls or collect souls. It simply grows hella big and has a strong life force which is sensible for such a tree.

    The Tree's purpose was what wonders the Dark continent holds. That's all.

  13. #41
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Ok that's Norse Mythology. So are you Telling there lies a frost giant beneath the tree also?

    It's called the World Tree not Yggdrasil in HXH and we know why Ging explained it. Introducing to us The Dark Continent after that Chapter we see Beyond Netero gathering supporters and anybody that wants to go to the Dark Continent and the Zodiacs discuss this and we get a Hiatus right before they have to make a decision to kill him because he's going about it the wrong way.

    Like I said yo can speculate this I wouldn't see why however cause Ging was thorough with his explanation and it make perfect sense that such a nourished Tree would have a strong life force. But don't pass this off as a fact cause it's not. Nobody mentioned the tree being a gateway for souls or collect souls. It simply grows hella big and has a strong life force which is sensible for such a tree.

    The Tree's purpose was what wonders the Dark continent holds. That's all.
    World Tree mythology from a number of different sources:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_tree

    All refer to the tree as the gateway of souls. Coincidentally enough, Dragon Quest 9, a game that Togashi is very fond of is focused around a World Tree called Yggdrasil which is a gateway for souls. I needn't go on.
    Last edited by futurefrog; November 12, 2012 at 05:02 PM.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  14. #42
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    You don't cause Dragon Quest isn't HXH now is it? NOr Did he state this and a very important Character in the Manga has explained this. My 2 cents is finished. Thanks for being the spark for me re reading the Chapters, refreshing my memory and getting the facts.

  15. #43
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    World Tree mythology from a number of different sources:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_tree

    All refer to the tree as the gateway of souls. Coincidentally enough, Dragon Quest 9, a game that Togashi is very fond of is focused around a World Tree called Yggdrasil which is a gateway for souls. I needn't go on.
    Again, there are multiple trees.

    Togashi will NEVER be overt about things like souls and reincarnation. It would trivialize death - something he's been actively doing the opposite of. Furthermore, HxH has a realism to it to the extent that the questions we ask in our world are the same questions characters would ask in HxH as well. Are God's real; what happens after death: these are unanswerable questions - concepts - that resonate with people across culture and time. It is an inseparable, undeniable part of humanity: part and parcel of the human condition. And HxH is about humanity.

    Even worse is the world-tree-gon-theory. The theory isn't bad because of inconsistency or fallacy but narrative. That is to say, the idea is so utterly horrible there is no way Togashi would write it in. I mean shit what if Hisoka was Gon's brother? Lol.

  16. #44
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member dougbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    75
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Touché!

  17. #45
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Again, there are multiple trees.

    Togashi will NEVER be overt about things like souls and reincarnation. It would trivialize death - something he's been actively doing the opposite of. Furthermore, HxH has a realism to it to the extent that the questions we ask in our world are the same questions characters would ask in HxH as well. Are God's real; what happens after death: these are unanswerable questions - concepts - that resonate with people across culture and time. It is an inseparable, undeniable part of humanity: part and parcel of the human condition. And HxH is about humanity.

    Even worse is the world-tree-gon-theory. The theory isn't bad because of inconsistency or fallacy but narrative. That is to say, the idea is so utterly horrible there is no way Togashi would write it in. I mean shit what if Hisoka was Gon's brother? Lol.
    Yeah it's not like buddhism and the concept reincarnation are present within the HxH universe... Oh wait! They are:





    Of course Togashi would never be overt about souls and reincarnation being within the world of Hunter x Hunter... EXCEPT HE ALREADY HAS...
    These things exist in HxH we have already seen it happen. There are a number of Buddhist references throughout the entire series.

    Of course those questions are unanswerable. Does that mean we wont see it explored any further? Hell no.
    Yes HxH is about humanity, denying that the process of death is a part of humanity shows that you are just human, capable of error.
    The nature of death and what it means to humans is something Togashi has explored before with YuYu Hakusho, I for one would like to see it explored in HxH.

    When it comes to my crazy theories with the world tree, I acknowledge that my theory of Gon being born from the world tree is crazy. But if you read my post on why I believe it, you might see that it makes sense. Anyways, once again you have been proven wrong, you are claiming Togashi will never show these things when he already has sigh. Please give it up, you have no basis for any of your remarks.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts