Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 46 to 57 of 57

Thread: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

  1. #46
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GingFuriksu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NY
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    409
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Yeah it's not like buddhism and the concept reincarnation are present within the HxH universe... Oh wait! They are:





    Of course Togashi would never be overt about souls and reincarnation being within the world of Hunter x Hunter... EXCEPT HE ALREADY HAS...
    These things exist in HxH we have already seen it happen. There are a number of Buddhist references throughout the entire series.

    Of course those questions are unanswerable. Does that mean we wont see it explored any further? Hell no.
    Yes HxH is about humanity, denying that the process of death is a part of humanity shows that you are just human, capable of error.
    The nature of death and what it means to humans is something Togashi has explored before with YuYu Hakusho, I for one would like to see it explored in HxH.

    When it comes to my crazy theories with the world tree, I acknowledge that my theory of Gon being born from the world tree is crazy. But if you read my post on why I believe it, you might see that it makes sense. Anyways, once again you have been proven wrong, you are claiming Togashi will never show these things when he already has sigh. Please give it up, you have no basis for any of your remarks.
    Where did you post the reasons why you believe Gon was born in the World Tree? I'm curious and want to read it

  2. #47
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Yeah it's not like buddhism and the concept reincarnation are present within the HxH universe... Oh wait! They are:





    Of course Togashi would never be overt about souls and reincarnation being within the world of Hunter x Hunter... EXCEPT HE ALREADY HAS...
    These things exist in HxH we have already seen it happen. There are a number of Buddhist references throughout the entire series.
    What the @#$# does Netero's hatsu have anything to do with the existence of souls? So Goraneau can materialize goddamn apes that can swap positions with him. Shit, what is that supposed to reflect? That apes like these exist? The only possible support for the existence of a soul is from Koala ant's dialogue. But can you even call it an explanation? You make it sound like the guy died, floated around in soul-form, flew all the way to the world tree, then came back and hatched into koala form, being completely aware of everything that happened every step of the way. It isn't. Notice, by the way, how the word "escape" is in inverted commas when Koala ant explains himself to Kite.

    Quote Quote:
    Of course those questions are unanswerable. Does that mean we wont see it explored any further? Hell no.
    A bit of a contradiction, you don't think?

    Quote Quote:
    Yes HxH is about humanity, denying that the process of death is a part of humanity shows that you are just human, capable of error.
    The nature of death and what it means to humans is something Togashi has explored before with YuYu Hakusho, I for one would like to see it explored in HxH.
    Ok let's say that in HxH souls exist and when people die, they go somewhere else and continue existing and perceiving. Well, that would suck wouldn't it?

    Quote Quote:
    When it comes to my crazy theories with the world tree, I acknowledge that my theory of Gon being born from the world tree is crazy. But if you read my post on why I believe it, you might see that it makes sense. Anyways, once again you have been proven wrong, you are claiming Togashi will never show these things when he already has sigh. Please give it up, you have no basis for any of your remarks.
    I have never been proven wrong and it's incredibly ironic every single time you assert that.

  3. #48
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    What the @#$# does Netero's hatsu have anything to do with the existence of souls? So Goraneau can materialize goddamn apes that can swap positions with him. Shit, what is that supposed to reflect? That apes like these exist? The only possible support for the existence of a soul is from Koala ant's dialogue. But can you even call it an explanation? You make it sound like the guy died, floated around in soul-form, flew all the way to the world tree, then came back and hatched into koala form, being completely aware of everything that happened every step of the way. It isn't. Notice, by the way, how the word "escape" is in inverted commas when Koala ant explains himself to Kite.



    A bit of a contradiction, you don't think?



    Ok let's say that in HxH souls exist and when people die, they go somewhere else and continue existing and perceiving. Well, that would suck wouldn't it?



    I have never been proven wrong and it's incredibly ironic every single time you assert that.
    First of all Netero's hatsu is a Bodhisattva http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhisattva
    One of many buddhism references in the series. Buddhist's believe in reincarnation.
    If Buddhism exists in some form in HxH so does the theory of reincarnation.

    Existence of souls is alluded to many times, as early as the requiem for Uvogin. Chrollo feels as though Uvo is there in spirit watching over them.

    No I see no contradiction at all in this statement. Anything can be explored even things that ultimately have no answer.

    As previously mentioned it never needs to be explained just further explored. I'd like to see more of how the World Tree works and what roll it plays in the journey of souls.

    I don't see how that is ironic at all. Maybe you do not understand the meaning of irony?

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  4. #49
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    First of all Netero's hatsu is a Bodhisattva http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhisattva
    One of many buddhism references in the series. Buddhist's believe in reincarnation.
    If Buddhism exists in some form in HxH so does the theory of reincarnation.
    ...therefore?

    Quote Quote:
    Existence of souls is alluded to many times, as early as the requiem for Uvogin. Chrollo feels as though Uvo is there in spirit watching over them.
    Um, the purpose of that clearly wasn't to imply the existence of life-after-death =.=

    Quote Quote:
    No I see no contradiction at all in this statement. Anything can be explored even things that ultimately have no answer. As previously mentioned it never needs to be explained just further explored. I'd like to see more of how the World Tree works and what role it plays in the journey of souls.
    How would that go? Either souls depart from the bodies of the dead and the tree(s) is/are conduit(s) to reincarnation or: not. Which means that you have provided a definitive answer to the question: is there life after death?

  5. #50
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    World Tree has no souls in or nor does it collect it. Theories are Theories they aren't fact, Look how good The Tengu Theory was for Naruto. Great Writers incorporate Events, Religion, Sociology, Ideology so forth and so forth to give their story realism that there readers can connect with. HXH has a lot of this especially during the Chimera Ant which I believe a 12 year old would just get lost reading and wouldn't understand very well The point of Views of The King, ROyal Guards or Hunters that were Hunting them. FutureFrog your Theory isn't far fetched and Yes Togashi can implement what your saying down the line in His manga if he wants. But for the time being you are wrong, Why because Ging has explained it's purpose and Souls and reincarnation of the Ants have been touched on....I'm more Correct than you are That The World Tree was in intro into the Dark continent..Why because the following chapter we see a nation that wants to head there....Ging didn't mention a damn thing about Souls in the following chapter after the Kola talked about souls.........Netero's Budda has nothing to do with reincarnation Why?? Lol because he wasn't reincarnated and according to the Koula he's served his purpose in the universe......Give it a rest your wrong why because your talking about a theory that you can't prove besides going outside the manga, which doesn't prove anything besides giving us factauly information on subjects that Togashi uses loosely in his manga.....We All know what the World Tree is outside of HXH. Inside HXH universe it's just a big ass fricking tree, you want it to be more which it isn't can Togashi add this Yes, WIll he who the hell knows. But your Wrong dude you can't pass off what you believe as fact.

    You mention Chrollo and Uvo what do they have to do with The Tree or souls? You your self mentioned HXH having realism so why would Chrollo believe that Uvo is their in spirit? Netero died and Morau and the other dude brought some really expensive Liq's and left a cup for him on his death. When you die you lose 15 pounds. They Say the Soul weights 15lbs. The Soul like thought isn't tangible, we can clone animals but does that mean they have a soul? The Kola gave his beliefs and definition which at the moment is the basis on souls in HxH. Kite came back why because of a stupid ass ability which revive's him if he really regrets dying or doesn't want to die. Ok end of Story!

    I just see Ppl making faulty statements which nudges me to write something. According to this Dam World Tree I'm done seriously not writing anything else about it cause it's stupid. We have an explanation nothing else to be explored why because the darn tree is just a Huge tree...Why was this introduced so Ging can tell us about the wonders of the forbidden part of the world, which we get a lil more info on the following chapter. No more no less..We even see the Tree for Christ sakes and not a soul is flying around it Lol. Ok i'm done now. Just stop trying to pass it off as a Fact. Cause it's not Say it's a Theory cause that's exactly what your claim is a Theory.

  6. #51
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    ...therefore?



    Um, the purpose of that clearly wasn't to imply the existence of life-after-death =.=



    How would that go? Either souls depart from the bodies of the dead and the tree(s) is/are conduit(s) to reincarnation or: not. Which means that you have provided a definitive answer to the question: is there life after death?
    Therefore reincarnation is a belief in HxH world and in fact ACTUALLY exists in some form as we have seen with Kite. This is simple facts that you cannot dispute.

    If you take into account his conversation with Neon in regards to an afterlife, he says he believes in ghosts/spirits. One thing that is indisputable is that the HxH world much like our own is one of many different beliefs some such as reincarnation has already been a proven phenomenon.

    Getting back to Netero for a moment, we see that his final words were in regards to the afterlife. His final words were "See you in hell... If there is one." That tells us that heaven and hell are known beliefs in the HxH world as well. It also shows that Netero strongly believes in an afterlife, he just doesn't know what kind. Perhaps the ultimate hunt, is what lies on the other side of this existence?

    I don't see why Togashi would be opposed to exploring life after death or the afterlife, heck thats what YuYu Hakusho WAS ALL ABOUT. It's not like he is opposed to exploring that theme, it is mentioned repeatedly throughout HxH. I don't even understand why you are arguing with me, because you simply have no valid point whatsoever.

    I'm honestly done here, this is like talking to a brick wall, no matter how many facts and evidence I provide, nothing gets through to you. You and XXGenesis can argue amongst yourselves now.
    Last edited by futurefrog; November 14, 2012 at 04:36 PM.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  7. #52
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    303
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by futurefrog View Post
    Therefore reincarnation is a belief in HxH world and in fact ACTUALLY exists in some form as we have seen with Kite. This is simple facts that you cannot dispute.
    Again, what are you supposed to take away from this? That this is somehow support for souls and reincarnation? How does that make any degree of sense?

    Quote Quote:
    If you take into account his conversation with Neon in regards to an afterlife, he says he believes in ghosts/spirits. One thing that is indisputable is that the HxH world much like our own is one of many different beliefs some such as reincarnation has already been a proven phenomenon.
    Exactly...in the real world, there is religion and various beliefs including the existence of souls. But the existence of the belief by itself doesn't prove anything at all...how is it a "proven phenomenon"?

    Quote Quote:
    Getting back to Netero for a moment, we see that his final words were in regards to the afterlife. His final words were "See you in hell... If there is one." That tells us that heaven and hell are known beliefs in the HxH world as well. It also shows that Netero strongly believes in an afterlife, he just doesn't know what kind. Perhaps the ultimate hunt, is what lies on the other side of this existence?
    The uncertainty is the intended effect, realistically reflecting our perception of death. Have you ever known someone who died? Did you grieve, did you ask yourself where he/she went; did you comfort yourself by assuming he/she went to a better place? Death is a big part of humanity and HxH is brimming with humanity, despite being set in a fictional, fantastical world. You really think Togashi's gonna ruin all that? I doubt it.

    Quote Quote:
    I don't see why Togashi would be opposed to exploring life after death or the afterlife, heck thats what YuYu Hakusho WAS ALL ABOUT. It's not like he is opposed to exploring that theme, it is mentioned repeatedly throughout HxH. I don't even understand why you are arguing with me, because you simply have no valid point whatsoever.
    Nothing you have said supports the idea of life after death in HxH at all. I'm puzzled as to why you think the existence of belief in a system is proof for the veracity of the system. Just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

  8. #53
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by mousiehamster View Post
    Again, what are you supposed to take away from this? That this is somehow support for souls and reincarnation? How does that make any degree of sense?



    Exactly...in the real world, there is religion and various beliefs including the existence of souls. But the existence of the belief by itself doesn't prove anything at all...how is it a "proven phenomenon"?



    The uncertainty is the intended effect, realistically reflecting our perception of death. Have you ever known someone who died? Did you grieve, did you ask yourself where he/she went; did you comfort yourself by assuming he/she went to a better place? Death is a big part of humanity and HxH is brimming with humanity, despite being set in a fictional, fantastical world. You really think Togashi's gonna ruin all that? I doubt it.



    Nothing you have said supports the idea of life after death in HxH at all. I'm puzzled as to why you think the existence of belief in a system is proof for the veracity of the system. Just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
    Reincarnation has been proved. Hence I personally believe that other beliefs may also possibly be REAL in the world of HxH. Kite was reincarnated therefore reincarnation exists in HxH. There is no disputing that at all. Life after death exists in some way, Togashi has already shown us that. Just not explored it. I don't want it explained, just explored more. If he explicitly said 'this is how it is' I wouldn't be into that as he's already done that with YuYu Hakusho, I'd much prefer he tease it out more but not reveal his hand. The concept of Life after Death fascinates me so I'd like to see more of Togashi's ponderings on it.

    This entire thread I've just been stating theories of mine based upon things that Togashi has shown us or things that have influenced Togashi, yet you continue to attack me and tell me I am wrong even though it is simply my opinion. How can my opinion be explicitly wrong? It hasn't been proven wrong by Togashi so how are any of my theories wrong? It's just my opinion, much like yours is your opinion.
    Last edited by futurefrog; November 15, 2012 at 05:21 PM.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  9. #54
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Nobody is attacking you. And this is the 1st time you've said it's your opinion or theory, I was saying you are wrong because you were trying to state it as a fact and not as your Theory or opinion. Which is wrong to do, that's all.

  10. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member futurefrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,024
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Quote Originally Posted by XXGenesis View Post
    Nobody is attacking you. And this is the 1st time you've said it's your opinion or theory, I was saying you are wrong because you were trying to state it as a fact and not as your Theory or opinion. Which is wrong to do, that's all.
    I stated several FACTS and mentioned NUMEROUS times that I based MY theories upon these FACTS. Go back some pages and do Ctrl F and search the word Theory or Theories, you will see several times I CLEARLY state it. Please don't continue to lie in order to justify your treatment towards me. I have reported you and thats that.

    "If you want to understand someone, find out what makes them angry."

  11. #56
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Moderator message by: Uriel
    Don't get heat, please. Let's just try to not make this a war. Behave and avoid referring names to each other.

    I don't want to delete posts, it's tiring. Help this lazy mod.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  12. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How did Kite come back? (SPOILERS)

    Just because there is reincarnation in HXH doesn't mean people can willingly accomplish that. The Ant Queen gets a pass on that for being an entity from the Dark Continent and doesn't have to obey by normal rules but Kite has no such heritage. As far as we know he's a pretty normal guy in the grand scheme of things and normal guys don't magically come back to life after they're dead just because they think 'there's no way I can die!'

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts