Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin 40 Discussion / 41 Predictions

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin 40 Discussion / 41 Predictions

This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Shingeki no Kyojin~

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Mangahelpers enforces a temporary blockade for discussion of new spoilers/chapters. This blockade ends 24 hours after raws are publicly released.
    • For series with a forum, please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • Please wait 24 hours before posting any art based on new chapters in the art and stories section.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Spoiler Pics and Translations:
    • At Mangahelpers we only allow three manga pages to be posted directly as spoilers.
    • This rule is not judged based on the number of thumbnails but the number of pages pictured.
    • Please provide hyperlinks for any excess pages.
    • Please do not re-post already available spoiler pics or summaries.
    • International translations may be posted in the spoiler discussion thread. A moderator will add it with credit to the English translation in the spoiler pics and summaries thread.
    • Do not significantly edit your post after more posts have been made. Please make a new post if new spoilers are available.

For-Profit Download Links
    • If a for-profit download link is provided, we ask that a non-profit alternative is available in the same post.
    • Linking to another website with for-profit download links and no non-profit alternative also violates site rules.
    • Mangahelpers asks that members who may not be comfortable using sites that help turn a profit for pirated material have a choice.
    • Mediafire, Rapidshare, and Sendspace are all non-profit links. Providing any of these as a download link fulfills the non-profit alternative requirement.
    • Spoiler: list of for-profit sites show

Spoiler: Formatting Spoiler Posts show

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 40 Spoiler Thread

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

A flashback between christa and ymir
    why does this manga always ends in a tragedy

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner bandana_kun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

chapters out got 1 question: when did they met ymir in titan form before?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bandana_kun View Post
    chapters out got 1 question: when did they met ymir in titan form before?
    They haven't explicitly said when that flashback was from, but it almost certainly was from when Reiner and Bertholdt were fleeing their village after the titan attack.

From the flashback and her uncertainty on the tower, I get the impression that Ymir's transformation was very similar to Eren's in that she was out of control and thus that is why she attacked people. That makes it extremely unlikely that she was part of any human-titan faction trying to destroy the walls like Annie. It also makes it extremely unlikely that she is the same Ymir referenced by the titan that talked to one of the members of the scouting legion.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member DassJennir's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Scanlation is out: http://tdx-manga.livejournal.com/

Ymir was able to mantain enough self control to save that recruit called Dazz from the blizzard and turn back to human form without anyone from the base camp or Christa knowing about her power.
    However the events with Reiner and Bertold happened years before that, so it is indeed possible Ymir that was a child back then didn't had enough self control to not go berserk like most titans.

That or maybe the titan Reiner adn Bertold saw was related to her (hence the similarity).... but that is a shot in the dark right now.
    Shingeki no Kyojin

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DassJennir View Post
    Ymir was able to mantain enough self control to save that recruit called Dazz from the blizzard and turn back to human form without anyone from the base camp or Christa knowing about her power.
    However the events with Reiner and Bertold happened years before that, so it is indeed possible Ymir that was a child back then didn't had enough self control to not go berserk like most titans.
    That was my thought. She practiced in secret so that on the off chance that she'd ever have to transform again she would be able to maintain control. She obviously has some level of control in that she saved Dazz, but that was a lot different situation than this and she could have possibly only previously underwent a partial transformation (e.g. when Eren summoned the shell to block the cannon blast) and thus not have had the potential loss of control whereas she now has to undergo a full transformation to fight the titans.

That or maybe the titan Reiner adn Bertold saw was related to her (hence the similarity).... but that is a shot in the dark right now.
    That'd be interesting, especially since the armored and colossal titans look very similar to them.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Scanlation is out: http://tdx-manga.livejournal.com/

Well given that the flash back from the Rein and Bert make them appear to look like kids, and certainly the ages of the recruits when they had entered the military, I would say its highly plausible that Ymir was just a child herself - her titan form looks diminutive anyways (guess that does confirm an discomforting fact that among those titans they are killing are children). I'm guessing she likely had very little or no control but even if she did given the nature of what titans are doing she wouldn't have exactly been peaceful in the first place. So whether she was violent with or without control is kind of moot since she's out to kill when sent to ravage villages.

However, what I would like to consider is whether or not Ymir was a type of titan capable of transforming back and forth to human and titan form. We know they don't necessarily need control as Eren had shown but he appeared to be special so I'm wondering if Ymir was a special titan herself or pretty much like the rest of the titans they are killing. Since if she was a run of the mill titan before that puts the possibility of the other titans regaining sentience or control.

One thing though is I wonder if Ymir is capable of taking down the titans, since she doesn't appear all that confident, or is she simply being wary because this does mean she'll be separating herself from Christa. Guess we'll have to wait for the next chapters to find that out, on a side note her titan form looks a lot like an Ogre (Onibaba). Still with Ymir fighting this means she wasn't planning on kidnapping Christa or keeping her quiet as much as somehow seeking out a person very much like her. Meaning we'll be getting some answers finally since Christa will most likely be staying with the legion (not killed or silenced by some twist of fate hopefully). Good to see that the manga is set to pick up in the near future now.
    Last edited by Hamy; December 09, 2012 at 10:54 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member leiatte's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin 40 Discussion / 41 Predictions

Wow, I just read the current chapter, yes I know Im late, I hadn't realized the new chapter came out, but whoa that chapter was exciting, But I don't know if I want all the titans to be actual people, It could either be extremely interesting or not very good, but I trust that the author will make it good, he hasn't let me down yet.

BTW, I think this Ymir and the one that titan was talking about had to be the same person, I don't see why it would be a different Ymir. But, man Reiner and Berthold are probably gonna be pissed that Ymir was the titan attacking them.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member teioh's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Now the question is: since it seems Ymir is not voluntarily a titan and she has not any power over titans (that attacked her with her mates in the tower and never crouch in front of her) why the titan in the flashback didn't attack and crouch in front of a girl similar to her? Maybe he was a parent/friend of Ymir mutated into a titan like the mother of Connie in his village or whatever?
    Maybe Ymir has some power over normal titans while the ones she's fighting now are under the Ape Titan direction?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by leiatte View Post
    BTW, I think this Ymir and the one that titan was talking about had to be the same person, I don't see why it would be a different Ymir.
    Because there are quite a few problems with that which need some very serious ironing out in the next few chapters for it to make any sense or be consistent.

New Reply