Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply

Thread: Did Eichiro Oda drew the "monochrome walk" drawings?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Eichiro Oda drew the "monochrome walk" drawings?

Drawings appearing in the X interviews with other artists, like this with Taiyo Matsumoto:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm...dwtfo1_400.jpg

They appear (everyone states in the forums) as if Oda drew them, but it's hard to believe he could adapt his style so well to so different artists. What do you think?

MH's Best Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mr. Prince's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Did Eichiro Oda drew the "monochrome walk" drawings?

Yes, they are. One can clearly tell from the distinctive brush stroke, flow, and language of form. It's your typical Oda.

You should definitely try to get your hands on these artbooks as they show the great variety of styles Oda is actually able to cope with! (Besides his usual OP Color Illustrations you will find a vast number of other works in it, too. Most of them captured in various different styles other than his usual. Those are the cherry on a sundae!) If these little scribbles amaze you already you'll be completely blown away by the whole thing...

TL: Oumagadoki Doubutsuen (29/37) || *NEW* HUNGRY JOKER (latest update: case.12+13) • Meet the Man: Sterling Cooper Ad Agency

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, he did. Take a look here, and here for more drawings with different styles. There you will find many tributes to other mangakas. I think in all of them Oda draws himself as the fish-head man.
    Last edited by ukimix; November 11, 2012 at 02:06 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, only an Oda fan can tell that I guess. That's why I can't, I like his style, it's very refreshing and uplifting but I don't like his designs, that's why I never got into One Piece.

In the drawings list ukimix linked, I can see his style in all of them, probably all except Jojo's bizarre's slightly. But in the monochrome walk drawings and specially matsumoto's one, that's a very personal and hard to master style. And on Toriyama's me being a fan of Toriyama, I see more of Toriyama than Oda, maybe I can see Oda in all of them if I search for it, but I don't know. Gotta believe I guess, he is very good I should say.

New Reply