Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the Greatest Enemy in the Story?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

38 52.78%
  • Doflamingo Donquixote

2 2.78%
  • Akainu

8 11.11%
  • Other

24 33.33%
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the Greatest Enemy in the Story?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is the Greatest Enemy in the Story?

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

I think the biggest threat are these guys:

Agreed. although am cautious to call doflamingo one of the three biggest threats to the strawhats, it's a bit too ambitious a title for him considering people like big mam and kaidou not to mention numerous level six escapees etc are out there and will probably prove to be more problematic
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    Agreed. although am cautious to call doflamingo one of the three biggest threats to the strawhats, it's a bit too ambitious a title for him considering people like big mam and kaidou not to mention numerous level six escapees etc are out there and will probably prove to be more problematic
    Yeah... I meant in the long run...
    For example, Big Mom and Kaidou have zero chance of being the biggest treat for him since BlackBeard is also a Yonkou and will most likely be the last of the 3 that the Strawhats will fight...

Basically, what I mean his:

Biggest threat for each group:
    - Shichibukai : Doflamingo
    - Yonkou : Blackbeard
    - Marines : Akainu

That's why I said that he was one of the 3 biggest threat.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

In my point of view:

a.) It`s not Akainu... I think that he is as his name already states " RED DOG", he`s nothing more than a marine dog.
    b.) It`s not DoFlamingo... Everything going on in PH is just directly leading to him being the next main villian --> which means not the last
    c.) Blackbeard is worth being the final villian ... but still he was even stated as trash by WB.

I think that the Gorosei or even one person standing above of them is going to be the final villian and this one will have to be destroyed by the use of all ancient weapons which will be in the hand of the mugiwaras by the end of the story!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    not because of his power. but because of the prisoners he had with him.
    Having the prisoners with him is part of Buggy's power, Buggy shares what Mihawk described as the most fearsome power on the seas, the ability to make allies out of everyone he meets. And since no other villain has this power, obviously Buggy has to be the greatest, if you don't agree with that, then you don't believe Luffy is/can become the greatest 'hero'/Pirate King.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

greatest enemy is eneru for me
    his power was awesome, his character design, his plans
    he is /was the perfect enemy
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Kiba; November 19, 2012 at 04:54 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Akainu answers to the Gorosei, and it's implied Doflamingo is working for them too. Blackbeard is independent of the World Government, but he'll be taken down at Raftel, and we know the story doesn't end there (hint: the truth surrounding the Void Century isn't a hindrance to the World Government if it ceases to exist before the Mugiwaras reach Raftel). So the Gorosei are the greatest enemy in the story, with Blackbeard taking the #2 spot.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

blackbeard for what concerns pirates,but I think that he will be defeated before akainu,as rufy will fight the WG as the pirate king!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member maravish's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Blackbeard is dangerous, but I think that the final battle wont include just ONE enemy but MANY. It will be epic, One Piece style.
    yeah. thats why i can't see Shanks dying cause i always picture him fighting along side Luffy against the WG

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

I will say that Blackbeard would be the one of the greatest, since he owns two Devil Fruit powers, but I suspect that he's not going to be the final villain. I will wait until Kaidou's and Gorosei's power is revealed to determine who is going to be the strongest villain. Doflamingo of course is a potential threat as well, but I feel that the scope of his power is not limited to the brute force per se, but I assume that he is very influential to the WG compared to other Shicibukai.

As for the Marines.. at this point Akainu is the only one that I could guess.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I will say that Blackbeard would be the one of the greatest, since he owns two Devil Fruit powers, but I suspect that he's not going to be the final villain. I will wait until Kaidou's and Gorosei's power is revealed to determine who is going to be the strongest villain. Doflamingo of course is a potential threat as well, but I feel that the scope of his power is not limited to the brute force per se, but I assume that he is very influential to the WG compared to other Shicibukai.

As for the Marines.. at this point Akainu is the only one that I could guess.
    Because Luffy has fought both the Government/Marine and other pirates, we should differentiate between "greatest enemy" and greatest rival" (for lack of a better term). Each is antagonistic in different ways, for different reasons, I think they should be looked at separately, not limiting us to one ultimate enemy. Other pirates are rivals, with the same goal as Luffy: to become pirate king. Blackbeard would be Luffy's greatest rival, the final pirate defeat before he can claim the title of Pirate King. The World Government is an enemy, ideologically opposed to pirates and everything they stand for. As heads of state, the Gorosei will be Luffy's ultimate enemy. They represent the highest authority of "justice", the final obstacle before the truth hidden in the Rio Ponyglyph can be revealed to the world.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    we should differentiate between "greatest enemy" and greatest rival" (for lack of a better term).
    yep they are both different terms
    greatest Rival : Blackbeard
    greatest enemy: World Government

maybe Blackbeard becomes friend with luffy after their fight and luffy claiming the title of PK...rivals do become friends...him capturing Ace and other things were never personally targeted at luffy...although its very unlikely that this could happen...

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I think BB . I mean if DoFlamingo is already in the picture and it's in Luffy's radar right after the timeskip then for sure he's going down

BB is more interesting i guess . Oda will bet on him IMO

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    yep they are both different terms
    greatest Rival : Blackbeard
    greatest enemy: World Government

maybe Blackbeard becomes friend with luffy after their fight and luffy claiming the title of PK...rivals do become friends...him capturing Ace and other things were never personally targeted at luffy...although its very unlikely that this could happen...
    Considering Blackbeard is one of the main reasons Ace is dead, and that he'd have sacrificed Luffy, I highly doubt Luffy will be friends with an evil person like that. Has be made friends with anyone who was truly evil? Robin was never evil, and I don't think Bon Clay was either. Blackbeard basically brought about the death of Ace and Whitebeard. Luffy and Blackbeard most likely will never become friends... if anything Luffy will be targeting Blackbeard's life.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Considering Blackbeard is one of the main reasons Ace is dead, and that he'd have sacrificed Luffy, I highly doubt Luffy will be friends with an evil person like that. Has be made friends with anyone who was truly evil? Robin was never evil, and I don't think Bon Clay was either. Blackbeard basically brought about the death of Ace and Whitebeard. Luffy and Blackbeard most likely will never become friends... if anything Luffy will be targeting Blackbeard's life.
    main reason that Ace is dead is Akainu...but there is no definition of evil or good in one piece...Whitebeard himself was not a saint but a pirate...he destroyed countless lives in the process of becoming strongest...so did Roger...Crocodile almost killed luffy many times...in the past maybe crocodile was almost killed by WB...Bon Clay was evil too...he became good only coz he was defeated...otherwise if sanji would not have stopped him he could have killed vivi...Robin was with crocodile and if luffy would not have won she would have been stayed on the evil side or died...Luffy himself is no saint as he destroyed countless innocent marines during his journey...even though they were lead by evil schemer still as individual marines are good and bad both...

its just like zoro said when he defeated T-bone "your justice might be correct but we all bear our burdens"

BB as a character is not different...he was in pursuit of power and followed his instincts like any other pirate out in the sea...he even asked Ace to become his nakama before fighting...in impel down he told luffy that saving Ace is not a waste...he had nothing personal against luffy or ace...

people shift sides only when they are broken or defeated...just like robin,bon clay,crocodile(saved luffy in war) etc...this does not reduce the burden of crimes they carry...although BB has been portrayed as main villian and has a slim chance of becoming friends with luffy...i agree on that one
    Last edited by dex; November 30, 2012 at 01:37 AM.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard protected Fishman Island at no cost and loved his crew like his son. The boss enemy in the arc where we first met Sanji did not care about his crew at all. Even Doflamingo punished Bellamy. Roger was the same - he destroyed lives, but he also protected his crew and was a good guy. Hell, for all we know only the pirates (especially the bad ones) were probably the only ones affected. Crocodile was evil because he was willing to kill innocent citizens and find the powerful weapon to control in Alabasta. Luffy needed Crocodile, hence why they worked together. Crocodile also saved Luffy because he hated the Marines more. Bon Clay was never evil, he was an enemy but not evil. He never killed or hurt anyone, and from his first interaction, he showed no signs of being evil. He even got along great with SHP and is one of the main reasons why Luffy was able to break out of Impel Down, or even survive it in the first place. Bon Clay proved he wasn't evil.

Robin didn't kill SHP or even fight them, despite many chances to take them out. Even back when she was an unknown, she never attacked Zoro or Luffy, and she even saved Luffy twice. And while Luffy did fight Marines, he never killed any single one of them, to my recollections. I don't think he's killed anyone in the manga so far.

While most of these characters have been on the side of evil, they haven't done unpardonable evil acts, or they made it up in some way later. Blackbeard not only killed his nakama, but he captured Ace and had him imprisoned, which led to his death at hands of Akainu. He also told Luffy that Luffy was the target, but Ace chose to keep goin after Blackbeard instead. Not only that, but Blackbeard also had a hand in Whitebeard's death, at the least, and he's currently seeking Devil Fruit users and stealing their powers or killing them. The only way I can see Luffy and Blackbeard working together is if Ace is still alive, and Blackbeard was planning something for the good of others. Blackbeard wanted Ace as his nakama because of his power. He didn't care about Ace at all, and while he didn't want to kill Ace, Blackbeard is still the reason Ace is dead, even if he never killed Ace.

Yes, but look at their actions as well. Do you think Arlong as he was would be friends with Luffy? No because Arlong still tortured Nami and would still hate humans. Only way they'd get along is if they had a common goal.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast