Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the Greatest Enemy in the Story?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackbeard

38 52.78%
  • Doflamingo Donquixote

2 2.78%
  • Akainu

8 11.11%
  • Other

24 33.33%
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the Greatest Enemy in the Story?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Who do you think is the Greatest Enemy in the Story?

Who do you think is the Greatest Enemy in the Story?

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Spoiler show
    Last edited by FaustXIII; November 28, 2012 at 09:47 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who do you think is the Greatest Enemy in the Story?

I believe that One Piece won't end after Luffy and Co actually reaching Raftel and acqueing One Piece... It seems that after that Luffy will learn the truth behind the Void Century and will decide to fight World Government, thus his final enimies will be Gorosei, while he will defeat Black Beard before Raftel.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Blackbeard is dangerous, but I think that the final battle wont include just ONE enemy but MANY. It will be epic, One Piece style.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Obviously Buggy,even Whitebeard offered to join forces rather than face him.

6. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Obviously Buggy,even Whitebeard offered to join forces rather than face him.
    not because of his power. but because of the prisoners he had with him.
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ikuroi's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for me it's the WG, WG seems to be connected to the "Will of D", "Void Century" & "One Piece".

So Blackbeard seems like the greatest enemy within the Pirates.

Akainu the greatest enemy within the Navy which is part of the WG.

Either way, for me it's more Akainu than BB. But BB will have more of a central roll for an enemy for Luffy than Akainu will.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Anduren's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The greatest enemy in the story isn't actually one person or villain like Uriel said, but the idea of oppression that the Tenryubito represent (enforced by the marines and directed by the gorosei). At first, it wasn't even shown in the story; but when Luffy's flashback came up, we were shown how great an impact the influence of the Tenryubito played in his life reaching all the way to Sabo's death. That flashback also showed where Monkey D. Dragon and the revolutionaries are involved. The whole idea of Piracy as Luffy sees it is a rebellion against oppressive authority and to be completely free to follow dreams. In this sense, once Raftel is reached, Luffy will have a significant group of people all around the world that will side with him to stand against the ideal of the world government that the Tenryubito put in place at the end of the void century. By this time, the revolutionaries will also probably get what they have been waiting for to make their move, which is most likely for the world public opinion to turn against the authority of the Tenryubito and grow the backbone to stand up to them in revolution (lead by Luffy?).

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess that Luffy's gretest enemy is pretty much the world itself. LOL
    And the world is in the hands of the WG....

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Dofla has been build up a lot, similar to how Blackbeard was until we learned what his temporary goal was. So while I do think Dofla will be something similar to Crocodile, a major villain in the first part of the New World, I do not think, again similar to Croc, that that will be the end of him. A hax final villain does not go with One Piece's style, though that just might be from the current possible major villains in the New World we have seen so far.

But the whole story of the NW world seems to just be who can better predict when will Oda place what has already been foreshadowed, I am hoping for an out of the blue new plot revolving around brand new characters not yet shown, that will become a powerhouse in the New World, And no, the yonko are not that interesting even though much hype surrounds them. I think they will fall early on, maybe around the them we reach the half point of the NW.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

None of those three.

I think the biggest threat are these guys:

They are the big bosses, in my opinion.

Technically they control the Marines, so Akainu works for them.
    As for Doflamingo, he also works for them, remember.

So, this group (which might or not be powerful by themselves), control 2 of the 3 biggest threat to the Strawhats.

Of course, no one can deny that Blackbeard as the potential to be the big "End Boss" of the manga, especially when you know that he's an old rival to Shanks and his the one that got Ace killed by capturing him.

But, in the end BlackBeard is a D (or seems like a D) that is also looking for the truth.
    A truth that the WG is hiding from everyone.

The real bad guys here, are clearly them.
    Last edited by THM Nindo; November 13, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

@THM Nindo

agreed...final fight will be luffy crew and alliance(revolutionaries,yonkou,arabasta,kuja pirates,fishmen,other pirates and everyone else who is their friend) vs World Government and these 5 geezers will play important role...they must be strong and whitebeard also said that a much bigger war is coming in the future...
    also jinbei will be fighting as one of the strawhats in final war(he said someday he will join them)
    and for final 1 vs 1 fight...it can be
    4 yonkous(new ones or old) + 1 pirate king(luffy) vs these 5

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Post Thanks / Like

BB is dangerous he has 2 Devil fruit abilities. The power of earth quakes and the ability of Darkness which can suck stuff up with a lot of force and negate DF powers. He's extremely dangerous to anybody and I'm sure he's gotten much more stronger post-time skip. But The real threats of OP to me are The G5 that control the World Government and basically the world. They hold the most knowledge in OP and knowledge is power

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Greatest enemy? I think it's Blackbeard, although he did run from Akainu. Blackbeard had about three years to train at least two of his Devil Fruit powers, he should be at the top of power helm, if not near the top. Devil Fruit powers are mostly useless against him, and I'm not sure if haki will work. Even Ace was defeated by Blackbeard before he even got Whitebeard's Devil Fruit power. I'm not sure on this, but if he absorbed other powers as well, then Blackbeard is probably the strongest.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BurnSchulz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I believe that One Piece won't end after Luffy and Co actually reaching Raftel and acqueing One Piece... It seems that after that Luffy will learn the truth behind the Void Century and will decide to fight World Government, thus his final enimies will be Gorosei, while he will defeat Black Beard before Raftel.
    Watch out what you say. Somewhen before i also said that i think Gorosei will be one of the final Conflicts in One iece but then there came this User who told me that this is a ridiculous thought because, in his words, they are just for thinking but not for fighting.
    Well i am very sure that they are strong and that they can fight. I mean look at their scars, they dont came from nothing but leading.

Well at least i was glad that i was very right that Sengoku can fight too.
    I mean somewhen at the very beginning of the War i said that i cant wait to see sengoku fight, but then someone said to me that its clear that he isnt strong but only a tactician. So he was wrong there, and i believe that the other person is wrong about Gorosei too!

I can imagine that DonFlamingo is one of the next enemies, but long before the reunion with shanks and raftel. And the Blackbeard conflict will be just before Raftel, just not too early, but long after DonFLamingo.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't think that it is time to make such predictions mainly because i think that story is undeveloped and that even Oda have only rough sketch, beside i found that One Piece is prone to sudden changes... for example one moment you enjoy amusement park, bubbles... chillin next thing you know you punched some guy in the face and all hell breaks loose, everybody get their asses handed to them by haxed flashlight,panic, desperation, your crew sent flying all over the world by a 7 meter bear with sunglasses and you eventually end up fighting the war, u got introduced TON of new characters, names, powers, interactions bla bla.. basically you have information overflow. But what really happening is that while you pay attention to all that information what really is going on are sudden changes in character relations, atmosphere, narrative dynamics. Before you had Strawhats and other characters related to arc but now you have far more complex dynamics.... You got supernovas, yonku`s, alliances, you got focus on a wider range of characters but still as far as i`m concerned biggest difference is how characters relate with each other. in short its a very smart move by Oda to switch focus from one crew to a bigger picture and at the same time refresh it a little.

The point is i believe that another event similar to Marinford war/timeskip will happen where things could do U turn for the better or the worse but at this point in time we are between eight and ten years to early to make a prediction. We are the community of hundreds of people who fail miserably on a daily basis in futile attempts to predict Odachi and i doubt that we would do better that far out.
    Sorry for my Engrish...

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast