Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: 1/11 by NAKAMURA Takatoshi

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

1/11 by NAKAMURA Takatoshi

1/11
    Author:NAKAMURA Takatoshi
    Genre: Romance, Shounen, Sports, Tragedy, Slice of Life
    Serialization:Jump SQ

Summary:Andou Sora felt his limit to his talent, and quit the soccer(football) after middle school graduation. However, encounter with representative of Japan's national womans team. Wakamiya Shiki, she moved something that slept in deep inside of Sora's heart.

Personal Thoughts
    : This is a very interesting take on the whole sports genre.Rather than the game itself in this case football (soccer) being the forefront it is the character growth that takes place while the sports playing a bonding role. The manga is different in its telling of the story by being episodic and not sticking to a fixed timeline. All the chapters are more of a point of view stories by different characters while the protoganist being sort of a guide or an anchor to all of them except the 1st chapter so far.All in all this manga is more than meets the eye if you like a solid story.

Next time, don't hotlinking the image directly. Use image host site such as imgur or imageshack. - Doraku
    Last edited by Doraku; November 13, 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1/11 by NAKAMURA Takatoshi

I'm only 5-6 chapters in to this, and I'm still not sure what I think. the whole episodic nature of it all, with the protagonist as a recurring element leads to what's essentially a great bunch of one-shots, but if there were a more cohesive tale to tell for a few chapters that'd totally work for me.

But then Andou is only 1/11 of a team, so it's fitting that he's only that much of the story's purpose.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1/11 by NAKAMURA Takatoshi

i must have to say i was feeling the same when i picked this series up but the stories was actually good. i think after this series comes back from the hiatus about spring there might be something of a change for its direction.i am not so sure but i think the first 3 volumes was published while the serialization was at jump sq 19. thou this story has its merits likes this also.

@doraku: was feeling a little bit lazy yesterday sry about that.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

1/11 by NAKAMURA Takatoshi

1/11
    By: NAKAMURA Takatoshi
    Genre: Romance, Shounen, Sports, Tragedy
    Serialized In: Jump SQ
    Original Publisher: Shueisha

Andou Sora felt the limit to his talent, and quit soccer after middle school graduation. However, an encounter with Wakamiya Shiki, representative of Japan's national womans team, moved something that slept deep inside Sora's heart.

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

There was a thread for this? Search results did not show anything? D: Anyway, it seems like a rare mix of things in this manga, I almost mistook it for seinen.

New Reply