Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Gutts and Ceska's Child..

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gutts and Ceska's Child..

I see no point of arguing "YES Zodd is there" or "NO he isn't." We'll just have to wait and see....

Personally, I can sort of see the horn and wing suggested by Aldrich, and previous frames with Gutts sensing something could be explained by Zodd's shadow cameo. If the horn & wing are put there on purpose it's meant to VERY obscure, and I doubt Miura would explicitly explain what Guts sensed in that very moment. However, if IT IS Zodd, and he WAS bringing baby Guts(ka) to see his parents, then we have some even bigger questions -->
    Is he also controlled by Griffith?
    Is G part of him (Does G also exist within him)?
    Is he a separate entity from G all together?

Hmmm... in proposing these questions, I may have come up with another theory....

So let's say the kid IS Gutska (I hate this name but it saves me time).... We saw the baby spirit being eaten by the Egg dude, and we saw him evolve into Griffith's new body. In other words, we KNOW for sure that Griffith used Gutska's would-be body and made it his own. We also saw how Gutska caused some stirring feelings with Griffith during the fight on the hill of swords, but Griffith claims that he has let go of his feelings for Guts/Caska/theGoldenDays. So it can be inferred that Gutska was solely responsible for those stirring feelings (perhaps of hesitation? fear?).

Considering this evidence, I was wondering if Gutska could be a hinderance to Griffith's plans, since he can't afford a single shread of hesitation in the excution of his ambition. Keep in mind that G is a vastly powerful being. He is almost never wrong about things about which he is sure, and apparently he was sure that he could remain cold towards the possibility of Zodd killing Guts, yet he could feel the physical effects of Gutska's thoughts. Perhaps Griffith recognized the potential for Gutska to develop into a larger hinderance, and tried to purge Gutska's existence from his own. I don't know if anyone here has read/seen Inuyasha, but I was thinking along the lines of how Naraku purges parts of himself to create lesser demons. In the same way, perhaps Griffith realizes that his new found existence includes the existence of Gutska, and his tangible body is not 100% his. Thus, he has separated Gutska's existence from his body by purging the existence of Gutska (a pure form of Gutska) from himself, and creating a pseudo off-spring viz. the kid on the beach.

There are some problems with this theory.
    1) If Griffith was so powerful, why doesn't he just eliminate Gutska all together?
    2) Why would Gutska have a physical body?
    3) If this is so, and supposing that Zodd really was at that beach, why would Zodd help the kid?
    4) Considering the evidence that I proposed in the 2nd page, why would Gutska have such a saintly spiritual form (the elemental-like spirit form)?

I hope I'm not running a muck here. That was very long, but do you guys understand the gist of my theory? Comments please...

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by White Rabbit View Post
    and the mods at skullknight like to spread a little disinformation once in a while.
    just go and search the "Supreme King Aolsier"-thread and you'll know what i mean.
    Huh?! Everyone knows that Aolsier's image wasn't doctored!

-[/hr]
    Hey, I think it's very plausible that this "Gutska" is some sort of amalgamation of the child's soul and Griffith's body that was expelled by Griffith when he was reincarnated. Now if this theory was fact it would probably destroy the idea that Zodd was on that hill. It also creates even more questions though lol
    Last edited by xi0; April 03, 2007 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kibagami View Post
    I see no point of arguing "YES Zodd is there" or "NO he isn't."
    4) Considering the evidence that I proposed in the 2nd page, why would Gutska have such a saintly spiritual form (the elemental-like spirit form)?
    Gutt's and Ceska's kid is originally for the realm of the dead => the elemental world. So he has a "being" in there. He exists in both the real world, and the other one. So that might be a theory that could explain it.

Horrible Person 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

The fetus that Caska gave birth to may be from the realm of the dead, but that doesn't mean the child on that Caska meets on the beach is from there.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The screwed up thing is that the 'festival' gave a physical body to BOTH the baby and Griffith. When the egg dude swallowed him, he was supposed to be dying, but alive. Then the festival took place, and he slowly transformed into a normal looking baby that quickly grew into Griffiths. It's not like the baby had a physical body when he was following Guts for those 2 years. It was more or less a ghost, and it only existed in the realm of the dead. It certainly did not have the form of pretty little elemental; it always looked the same as it did when it crawled out of Caska's tainted womb.

Personally I don't think the kid on the beach looks like a 2/3 year old; looks more like a 5/6 year old if you ask me, but he obviously looks like a fusion of Caska and Guts. Sooooo...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member hopeandlight's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol looks like theres no clear anser until the end

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well,i think it's gats/caska's child...but as an angel
    Spoiler show

Spoiler show

I agree that Griffith was restricted from harming gats/caska after devouring the baby...because it has always felt odd to me that his first order of business wasn't to cash in on his 2 lost sacrifices....

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3