Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2) , Gintama 514 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 517 Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 517 Discussion / 518 Predictions

Who else thinks Soifon is gonna be a major character in this arc. When I say major, I don't mean in the sense that she will kick some sternritters butts but in the sense that she would be focused on. I can imagine Yoruichi giving her a little lecture.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Asking a bunch of people who are supposedly the "elites" about why they speak so easily about acting once the battle is over has nothing to do with leadership, and neither does telling a messenger to shut up for bringing more bad news when the situation is bad enough, and the messenger was well aware that it was the worst possible moment to jump in. She's saying what literally everybody else was thinking.
    This might come in handy. Maybe one in more analysis to come:

The Thousand Year Blood War buildup and recap:
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=1#post3091160

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Torran View Post
    Asking a bunch of people who are supposedly the "elites" about why they speak so easily about acting once the battle is over has nothing to do with leadership, and neither does telling a messenger to shut up for bringing more bad news when the situation is bad enough, and the messenger was well aware that it was the worst possible moment to jump in. She's saying what literally everybody else was thinking.
    SS haven't been known to be the nicest people around. Look at what they did to the vizards in the past. SS slowly became soft & when Ichigo came, he completely destroyed their harsh nature. IIRC Soifon was messing with Kiyone Kotetsu for following the orders of her captain in the SS arc so that tells you something about her maturity lol

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dopeycheese's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/511/11

Those 2 silhouettes behind yamaji, i keep thinking its the rick ross and yakuza guy

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, w/e the Royal Guard is doing with Byakuya isn't really healing him. My prediction is that he is going to be transformed into a zanpakto. It'll be a good way to keep him in the story and not make that 3 chapter montage of his supposed death just a waste of pages. Afterall, isn't the Soul King and the shinigami's main purpose to maintain the cycle of souls. Zanpakto's are sort of like souls. Well, at least a sub consciousness inhabiting a soul. Its possible that he will be merged into Rukia's soul. She needs a major power boost anyways.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,well,that maybe was what everybody else was thinking,but this just shows how young and reckless Soi Fong is.Why was it her who couldn't hold her voice back ? IMO she did lose a bit of her honor as a Captain,they are supposed to be calm and prepared for everything and not lose their composure,yet Soi Fong just couldn't hold back.It simply isn't honorable,you prove that you are not too strong enough to cope with reality and accept everything that has happened.It was like pouring out all her emotions,and that's just the way of the weak.She should have held back,the Royal Guards have absolutely no fault at what happened,they only follow the orders of the Soul King which are absolute,and yes,it was the Captains of Gotei 13's fault that everything happened the way it happened.They were too weak and unprepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek
    Questions:
    1.Why take Renji and Rukia?Yes they are important to us but why are they being taken to THE PALACE when they aren't in danger anymore?
    I'd like to second this one.Shinji and that nurse that their condition was stabilized,what's the point of taking them ?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting chapter although some developments were as expected.

I guess it makes sense the zero division would all be a bunch of weirdos. It seems they all have a bunch of very weird, rare and specialized skills. As expected the lot of them seem to be very old. I mean, they get there and call the lot of them fledgelings. Anyways, it does seem the 5 of them are old enough for shunsui, ukitake and unohana to be kids in comparison. It does seem like the only ones there who even knew the royals are kyoraku, ukitake and unohana.... I guess that soifon, komamura, hitsugaya and byakuya really won't appear as more than babies to them since they weren't even captains 100 years ago and these guys would seem to have already been captain level shinigami at the very least 1000 years ago and perhaps before even sasakibe was around.

I can never stress this enough, we got to see UNOHANA'S GOD DAMNED SENPAI. Not only that but that guy is in a position to bitchslap unohana and have her actually look down. More so, he seems to be a superior healer than unohana. That guy is officially the single most baddass entity that can possibly be conceived in manga. I don't think that kubo's mortal drawings can ever hope to convey just how asininely badasss that guy must be. Not only that but he was also strong enough to get to soifon's back without her even seeing it. Not sure what to do with the sheer amount of badassery at this point, its uncanny.

Kirio being the fat lady made perfect sense. If anything, it made sense to the point of it being a tad boring. What is interesting is that she was not recognized by shinji. I am going to assume that 100 years ago she was beautiful and thin or that this person ate kirio and took over her place. I wonder if her being (perhaps offensively) morbidly obese has something to do with her abilities though. Maybe she will pull a chouji from naruto? As a royal guard member she would not have fought as much and "power" just accumulated and turned her into.... that. I can't wait to see her meet hiyori, she is not going to take kirio's

Gotta say, I loved that girl with the arms, she is definitely my favorite royal so far. I can't help but wonder if that thing she is carrying is a zampakuto at all. it seems she has the very ability to actually transcend time and space and just grab everything within her reach, which in this case would be everything(because of the transcending time and space thing). I guess her ability is based on senju kannon or something.... I wonder if she has a connection to aizen.... I wonder what could her connection to mayuri be. Of course, if she does know mayuri then mayuri is perhaps older than what we know.

Strangely, the guy with the glasses didn't do anything... I would have expected him to at least annoy someone.... I guess that he will be left for next chapter.

As for the big guy, it seems he is the leader of the royals taking in consideration he scolds even them. He must be extremely powerful even among the royals if he is able to actually keep them in control. Back in the day yamamoto said that in 1000 years not a single shinigami stronger than him had been born. This guy is obviously much older than a mere 1000 years so I wonder if he could actually be more powerful. Yamamoto by himself had more power than all the other captains so I do find that a tad hard to believe. He seems to be very likeable and jolly though, I wonder what kind of leader he would be in an actual combat situation.

I have to say, I am surprised that the royals would overall be like this. I actually expected them to be rougher so to speak. If anything, I wouldn't have been surprised if they actually said "The gotei 13 failed, we have no need for any of you" after which they would either fire everyone or kill them (which would be easy because at least 4 captains lost bankai and the lot of them are wounded). I guess them being like this makes the most sense. Even without the badges the average stern ritern seems to be actually capable of fighting a captain so far (even if only with volstandig) and it was said about 6 of them were at or above captain level. As far as fighting the stern rittern, the 12 captains, the 5 royals, urahara, tessai, love, yoruichi, lisa, hiyori and ichigo (and co) make a nice number (over 22 stern rittern against over 24 roughly captain level enemies plues the extra VCs and such).

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chilibun View Post
    Well, w/e the Royal Guard is doing with Byakuya isn't really healing him. My prediction is that he is going to be transformed into a zanpakto. It'll be a good way to keep him in the story and not make that 3 chapter montage of his supposed death just a waste of pages. Afterall, isn't the Soul King and the shinigami's main purpose to maintain the cycle of souls. Zanpakto's are sort of like souls. Well, at least a sub consciousness inhabiting a soul. Its possible that he will be merged into Rukia's soul. She needs a major power boost anyways.
    I don't think you can transform someone into a zampakuto.... A zampakuto is an intrinsic part of a shinigami's soul to begin with which would make your idea extremely awkward, specially if you have to fuse byakuya with rukia. Why would we think they are lying about healing byakuya though? Unohana's sempai is there and it seems he is the one with the superior healing skills.

Something else I forgot to mention is that it seems unohana is finally getting orders to go to the battlefield. The guy who supposedly is her teacher told her she is not meant to heal now. What I got from that is that he as the superior doctor will take over her healing duties. However if he is the one healing the only thing left for unohana to do is to actually jump to the battlefield. I guess there is a decent bit of shame involved for unohana in this, to be removed from her duty to heal due to incompetence. Whoever she fights later on is going to have a extremely bad time, unohana is going out for blood.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Firebird0ne's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Irgo View Post
    ok
    2 questions: what about Kenpachi/what about Kira?
    lol, Kenpachi is just so badass that he doesn't need the brute squad to come and heal him. He'll sleep a little while, then shrug it off and be up fighting as soon as the fighting gets good again.

As for Kira, I remember it being hinted that he wasn't dead, and think that it will be revealed later that something odd happened when he was cut down. I think he'll be back too, though I have no clue as to what happened. Kubo has something up his sleeve there.

Actually, Kubo's got more than a few things up his sleeve, judging by this chapter. I have no idea where this is going...and for some reason, that really, really has me excited to read on. Now, how in the heck will I wait eight days???

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

not a bad chapter,but I expected it to be better. anyway,next chapter should finally be awesome again. to build up atmoshpere, this chapter wasn't bad,but as I said,not as I expected it to be...

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avishek View Post
    1.Why take Renji and Rukia?Yes they are important to us but why are they being taken to THE PALACE when they aren't in danger anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by g0dzax View Post
    I'd like to second this one.Shinji and that nurse that their condition was stabilized,what's the point of taking them ?
    Well the only reason i can think for taking Renji to the RP is that as like Ichigo's, his Bankai is also damaged. Though i am not sure why they are taking Rukia. Maybe there is something special regarding her.
    As for Kenpachi, well though he was beaten badly but i am sure that he would come back and this time would get his Bankai.

On a point regarding Kenpachi, are we sure that the translators didn't miss his name.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member HaiSuShi's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, so the Zero Division is REALLY impressive so far., I'm interested what ability Shuutara has.

Anyone else thinking that the Zero Division is taking Ichigo's friends as hostage if whatever proposal they have for Ichigo doesn't work out?
    It makes absolutely no sense to take Rukia and Renji too, there has to be a purpose for that.
    Naruto-kun...I've always...always been chasing after you. Even...now. But... once this war ends, I'm going to stop once and for all.
    Next time, I'll be next to you, holding your hand...walking with you! Wait for me!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck,

Unohana says that what they are doing is NOT really healing him, and with a grim face too. Why can't souls be merged. A soul more or less is just a container for a consciousness, and we know a soul can house multiple consciousnesses. It's not inconceivable that all zapakto's are just a sub consciousness/soul shaing a single container.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HaiSuShi View Post
    Wow, so the Zero Division is REALLY impressive so far.
    Maybe but they lack charisma.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love that Byakuya will be on the new cover.
    Not to mention Kubo's change of style for this arc's covers is fantastic.

As for the chapter.....Hikifune is........really? She has a spoon in her hair.
    How unfortunate that she won't be a character I'll like very much. Strictly speaking character design, here.

I like Unohana's master(?)/sensei/teacher. His Captain's haori isn't so much a haori as is it a stylish jacket. Awesome.
    His hair is ridiculous, though.

The big guy will probably be awesome. His cheery demeanor is a hint that he's a secret badass.

As for Oorigami lady....she knows Mayuri and she has a bunch of arms. I'd say they were lovers. And she wore the pants.

As for Soifon....shut up and know your place.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member devstauk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Loving the chapter, its nice to see Soifon get scolded by the Doc, he seems a little out of place being a Doctor but then again anything could happen, i really hope that Unohana's personality changes don't get me wrong i like her timidness but she is defiantly hiding something... I think Shunsai sees she may have to go to the front lines and doesn't want it to happen
    Spoiler show

New Reply
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast