Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach 517 Discussion

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach 517 Discussion / 518 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by hirou View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/517/15
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-763-13...apter-309.html

In no way this can be coincidence. I mean, both half-moon thing through the head and 6 arms?
    Great chapter, even considering the trolling in the end
    That's why I went with moniker "Lady Nnoitra"

Oh, I wonder just how bad my reading is. I thought for a moment that Soifon hit the ground on page 14, but apparently the one who ate the dust was the healer.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they're not taking Kenpachi because he's not close to Ichigo. But who knows.

I want everyone in 11th division to see this former Captain of 4th division, and then start to respect them.

ex oriente lux

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder, what exactly Unohana meant by 'You're not really going to heal them'. Maybe skeletal-arms-woman is 'true' Death God in a sense, who can end person's life and start it anew? This may apply to Zanpaktou too, re-birthing it with some new powers

EDIT: wait, I misread that page, that 'not healing' thing was adressed to Unohana, not said by her. Well, Death God theory still possible
    Last edited by hirou; November 20, 2012 at 09:04 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zehahaha's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    Considering how they just left the gotei 13 & SS like that, I'm not at all surprised by the way they reacted. Unohana had to deal with the fact that she was unable to save many souls out of thousands which died. She is surely pissed off. And these bunch of assholes coming here ain't make situations better.

I said they wouldn't show feeling towards SS members(even Yama) last week lol
    They were promoted... Would you refuse a promotion ?
    She wasn't able to save a lot of Shinigamis, that's true, it must hurt her, but what the Yakuza said is true : she's unable to do it, so let the pros do it... I can understand Unohana being pissed to some extent, but Shunsui ?

Also, assholes ? All I see is a bunch of goofy guys here, and this isn't a kindergarten, they're supposed to be soldiers, and the Yakuza guys didn't even bring anything about the defeat of Gotei 13, until Soi Fong went on talking, and the Yakuza put her on her place, and Shunsui should really stop with his attitude, if he's that pissed, he can go train and get stronger so next time he'll beat his enemies

At least the Vandenreich were preparing to defeat Gotei 13 and training, unlike these bunch of captains who got pwned and still manage to behave like this

6. Like 5 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member espadaboyzz's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this chapter so much... the dialog is great and the most lovely part is Unohana expression. Something tell me that she must do really important from now on. So Hikifune previously not fat or something? Because shinji cant recognize her current appearance. When i look at skeleton woman it's resemble shunsui zanpakuto spirit in filler animation.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    That's why I went with moniker "Lady Nnoitra"

Oh, I wonder just how bad my reading is. I thought for a moment that Soifon hit the ground on page 14, but apparently the one who ate the dust was the healer.
    Now I get where you got the nickname for Zero Squad Hottie. Nice one!
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Junior's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

They're acting like nothing happened because it's not truly their concern.

If the translation I read is correct, there is an established hierarchy. The Gotei 13 protects the Seireitei and the Zero Division protects the Palace.

As it was stated in the chapter: If the Captains couldn't protect what was given to them to protect -- why should the Zero Division console them over their loss? What they're doing now is more important, they seem to be helping them rebuild what was lost.

If tears are to be shed, let them fall from the eyes of the Gotei 13 for being so incompetent.

We have seen similar things in the war with Aizen. Out of the ENTIRE Gotei 13 only a handful of Captain level fighters that could handle their opponents. Even fewer were even able to handle their opponents EQUALLY.

...and now that I think about it? When Ikkaku lost because he didn't want to use his Bankai that was a perfect example. With the entire world on the line, he let himself lose because of stupidity.

Now we had Yama (one could argue Kenpachi as well) being the only one in the entire Gotei 13 that had any business engaging the level of fighters that attacked. The rest of them were not just beaten, they were thoroughly embarrassed and that's unacceptable. When Yama died that was it -- there was no other viable replacement that could shoulder the burden he balanced on his shoulders. That's sad.

Maybe such a long period of peace did make them all weaker than they would have been had they had a reason to continue to develop their skills. It sounds cool to say that for 1,000 years there was no other Shinigami that rivaled the power of Yama...but what does that REALLY say? I think they all just got complacent...

So no, I don't think the way the Zero Division is acting is inappropriate. At least they're trying to help them rebuild.

Maybe this'll show them all that they have to become stronger. Maybe this'll show Unohana that she has to start kicking some ass. Maybe this'll show Ikkaku that holding out on his Bankai is pure idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by leshrak View Post
    This time I agree with Soi Fon. Quincys destroied SS, Yama is dead and these guys act like nothing happened! Are they so powerfull they don't need to worry with the bad guys who did all oh this?

And why aren't they healing Kampachi too?
    10 e-bucks says Kenpachi is next spotted covered in bandages training somewhere.
    Last edited by Junior; November 20, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
    2013 MH Resolution: Ignore the fanboys.

10. Like 6 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member StarkPoseidon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn it!

1) Was not expecting an early release
    2) It's an early release, fine but WHY THE CLIFFHANGER?!

We've been waiting for so long to know who's in HM! But we're left hanging AGAIN!

Fantastic Chapter though.

I agree with Zehahaha though. I understand the G13's frustrations but they have no right to get pissed having had their asses handed back to them in some style by the SR.

About the zero squad:
    1) Shuutara: AWESOME NAME! And Super badass. "I touched the door and it just opened for me." Just...awesome.
    2) Fat bald man: He has to be the leader of the group, nicest and most straightforward guy of the bunch.
    3) Yakuza guy: Healer??? Wow, was not expecting that.

Yakuza had a point though. They failed in their job to protect the SS and when the Zero Squad come down to help, the G13 have no right to go around pointing fingers for sure.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Notak's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you can see the King's dimension when happy-monk-guy says he'll bring Ichigo to the palace. See those buildings? It looks like Soul Society but I dont think it is, we saw that last chapter as well.
    So, behold! Ze royal dimension. ( I think)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner sp0nje's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

We didn't see the black guy this chapter (except for the cover).
    I guess he isn't connected to any one waiting their.

The guy tells Unohana:
    What you're meant to do now.. is not healing..

The expression of Unohana and the look of Kyouraku Shunsui towards her after that.
    What does this mean guys

OW YEA!! She is finally going in combat!!

Edit: Now that I think about it. The expression of Unohana is of someone who doesn't want to fight at all. Also Unohana a student of someone who looks to be in the same age has her? Ofcourse it is possible with the ages in bleach. But I think their is more behind it. Her is what I think:

Unohana was never a healer to begin with. She was actually in a normal squad. I guess that after some unpleasant event she decided to stop fighting and ended up has a student of the zero squad guy. It could explain some things. Why ppl are terrified of her. Why she never fights.
    Last edited by sp0nje; November 20, 2012 at 09:21 AM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I also agree that Kyoraku or Soifon shouldn't have acted as they did.

On top of that, for me, as a reader, seeing those people makes me happy. Bleach's always been kind of dark, and especially now after Soul Society was defeated (and Ichigo is in rain again). Seeing lively, fresh characters brings smile to my face.

At the end, on the phone, it's either Urahara (my bet), or Nel's arrancar pets (maaybe). "Hello~~ xixi" sounds like Urahara to me.
    He has some news, and I bet they'll be interesting, could that be that a whole army of arrancars came to help? King Grimmjow?

ex oriente lux

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sp0nje View Post
    OW YEA!! She is finally going in combat!!
    Actually, I think that line meant that Unohana is basically eldest captain now and will probably take Commander title. Which doesn't exclude the possibility of her fighting, of course...

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope it's Urahara in the last page.That long "heloooooo" seems like him at least.Since Urahara also saw the Soul King,it'd make sense that he'd recognize the Royal Guards,thus that's why he said "You seem to be all together!".

Why didn't that dude with afro-style hair say anything ?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member River_Capulet's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed that the bold guy tries to make himself taller by wearing those ridiculous footwear XD
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/517/3
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/517/5

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why kubo why?!??!?!?! couldn't you have just drawn an extra page to show us who was calling!?
    I like how quickly we are going to see the royal palace assuming that the person calling them is actually an ally. Im assuming the reason they are taking ichigo with them is not just one reason, im sure it has to do with his heritage from both sides and his bankai. I cant wait until next week. So far this arc is one cliffhanger after another.

New Reply
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast