Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Broken bankais

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Broken bankais

Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    4) DIFFERENT.

You'll have hard time comparing strengths of bankais. What is stronger? Zanka No Tachi or Ichigo's FGT? They're different, nothing to compare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duniak View Post
    Strength of bankai depends on USER ONLY. It is HIS soul and HIS reiatsu. It can be different and be more suitable for combat, but it won't be significantly stronger.
    So, are you saying we can compare strengths of bankais by comparing users' reiatsu or that we can't because some are just different? I'm confused.
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    So, are you saying we can compare strengths of bankais by comparing users' reiatsu or that we can't because some are just different? I'm confused.
    Because strength depends on user, and after remodeling it user's strength still remains the same. We were talking about comparing old bankai and new bankai. The same user. It can be different, but not stronger.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I would go as far as saying that not only it can't be stronger than what it was but also it can't be as strong as it was. Even if the bankai is different does an scenario where the bankai is as strong as it was is plain weird. The bankai damage is supposed to be permanent, are we supposed to believe that after being repaired it can get back to being what it was even in spite of what mayuri said? Taking what was said in consideration it would be absurd that a bankai gets new abilities out of the deal for that matter. I mean, the bankai is supposed to be permanently damaged and even the amazing reijutsu which the royals are supposed to have can only make it similar to what it was however fixing it results in a new techique? Honestly, even if the repair does result in ichigo getting new techniques out of the deal I don't think they would in fact live up to what should be expected of a full fledged bankai.

Now, if ichigo's bankai is weakened I do wonder if he would be getting weakened versions of the techniques he had. That would be a particular issue with getsuga tensho but what about if ichigo gets a weakened version of saigo no getsuga tensho? The normal FGT resulted in ichigo losing his powers however if he gets a weakened version of it I could see an scenario where ichigo can use it as much as he wants. It would obviously not have as much power as it would in a normal scenario but if ichigo gets a version of the technique which he could use consistently through battle it could be said to represent an actual increase to his average fighting strength.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5