Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
MangaHelpers Art Contest Week 11-12 ~ Drawing!
Hello everyone, it's time for the sixth art contest!
This fortnight's art contest category is Drawing with the theme Females. This means that we're coming back with the drawing contest, merged in our biweekly art contest! This time, you gotta prepare a black and white drawing of females (one or more). The reason why we need a drawing with simple lines, black and white, is that the winner piece will be the main theme of the next contest! Here goes a sample:
Originally Posted by Example - Big Thumbnail
- All members may join this competition. There is no minimum post or user status you need to have to join the contest.
- Entries for the contest must be posted in this thread.
- Each participant can only submit ONE entry and that entry should be new (meaning it must not have been used in contests hosted by MangaHelpers previously).
- Use MangaHelpers' Image Gallery to upload your entries. Any problem with uploading, let us know. Post the big thumbnail here. You can find the thumbnail link inside the 'share-picture' option.
- Submissions not following the week's theme will automatically result in disqualification. If you have any question about the contest, you can ask it here.
- No excessive, rude, spoiler or porn-related content in the contest.
- No plagiarizing is allowed.
- No tracing over a manga panel/any other original art are allowed.
- You must be the author of your piece.
- You must use only black color/pencil to draw your piece. It can be a digitalized drawing or it can be done directly in the computer (through a digital tablet, for example).
- The winner piece of this contest will be the theme of the next biweekly Art Contest.
- Submission is open until 11 / 28 / 2012 at 07 AM EDT.
Voting DetailsCode:"Theme Name" - "Work Title" by "Artist Name" (Large size thumbnail - upload image to image gallery) "Comments"
- Voting will proceed after submission period is over.
- Announcement of winners and next contest and new theme will be done as soon as possible after the voting period is over.
I'm expecting you all to embrace the challenge and take our breath away!
Good luck, everyone!
Last edited by Farfalla; November 18, 2012 at 06:14 AM.
Females - "Innocent Beauty" by naruto-niichan
I know I will so regret this some pretty old work of mine and you're the first people I show this to ;__; yes, I'm aware that I suck at drawings but the theme reminded me of this old picture and I thought why not give it a try, better now than never. For a second I actually felt like drawing something after ages but I'm rusty and I lack the time so I will just give it a shot with this.
Oh and just in case, I don't have a scanner. This is just a photo from my handy
Last edited by naruto-niichan; November 15, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
Just a reminder to everyone - please upload your work to the mh Image Gallery
- Also expect a horrible drawing from me worse than Niichans ^^
and I totally forgot that for a sec, uploaded the picture there and edited the link ~niichan
Last edited by naruto-niichan; November 15, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Females- Luminous by Akia999
An old artwork of mine.I happen to have a lot of b&w drawing and this is the "best" of the lot.The rest are just plain horrible.>.>
If I wasn't so lazy and had a scanner,I would have submitted a much better entry.
If I remember correctly,I was aiming for some kind of fallen angel vibe,despair, fire thing.(My lack of artistic skill certainly didn't help bring out the concept much)
Last edited by Akia999; November 17, 2012 at 03:57 AM.
females - aquarius by suarhnir
so i redrew an old commission from way back for gaia online. took out a ton of extra stuff so that it can be simply about the aquarius zodiac... drawing and tracing water sucks, only do it if you are really bored and don't mind your hand cramping afterwards.
[Females] - "Lotus Maya" by baratha
me saw, the contest folder... so why not try to join, then an account made just to put an entry.
this is the newest work. but come to realization, the theme is "females" not "female", plis message me if it need more than one female.
regardin the way we should draw, there need no talents, all we need are sense and hardwork.
rainy season makes dew looks like crystals beading on the lotus, so me draw this dugu (originally water demon) who looks like a water deity,
2B, 3B, & 7B pencils on A4 paper, edited with photoshop.
thank you for looking.
Last edited by Farfalla; November 24, 2012 at 01:34 PM.