Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toriko 213 Discussion Thread

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 213 Discussion Thread

The chapter was ok.
    The thing I really enjoyed was seeing Vice President finally. So he still is in Human World and looks like he is in charge of IGO's deals currently. So he, Mansam and Rin want to come to Cooking Fest... With them coming I just can't see any chance for Bishokukai team...
    Still, it seems there will be much more characters on Bishokukai team or 3rd party's team. The two of the cooks presented in this chapter (the creepy woman and grandpa) really seemed to look like average Bishokukai... So they might be someone from their team.

And well... I never expected to see some sort of Triatlon, but that's great! Hope Komatsu will finally see a need to get stronger not only as a cook, but physically as well. I don't know what a prediction to make, but seriously, I can't see any logic for Komatsu passing this round. Even if his skills are good, they can't be that much better than those in between 51 and 100th places, while his physical capacities seem to be lower than an average teenager, so I can't see him being able to pass this round. You should also count that after swimming, riding a bicicle and running he will be half-dead, so he won't be as good at cooking as he normally is... Thus, if Komatsu even manages to get 60th or higher place it would be already a bad joke, but to pass to the next round... I don't know.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahahahaha Komatsu's facial expressions are just awesome.
    I don't know how he will place, but hope that will be at least in the 50 coocks that will "survive".
    Long time we didn't see Shigematsu; with him and Hansam coming to the Fest, this arc will be pure awesomeness.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My guess is Komatsu won't even do the Triathlon. You see the sandy beach is made of uncooked rice? I bet there are ingredients all around and close enough, without him having to swim/ride a bike/run. So my guess is that he'll just take these closest ingredients (which perhaps weren't even considered by the Festival's Organization) and then show some mad cookiing skills.
    One Piece fan.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes since the final decision will be made on the cooking, Komatsu has still a chance even if he just manage to get rice. It wouldn't be that interesting if he was eliminated on the first round.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm expecting Komatsu to show increased physical ability during the triathlon. Nothing close to the level of the top chefs, but he should be superior to the average human being. Of course, in the end it's going to come down to his food luck and his cooking abilities.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

it would be idiotic for some1 who has been to places like mors mount and ice hell even if he was carried most of the way to there. i think he has more than meets the eye in terms of power and stamina. ofc. that will not be enough to make him challenge top 30-40 in any way physically he will be more than enough to get some really good staff. there is also food luck to play its part and he might come dead last in other categories cause he made extra ground he will come on top 10 with the cooking. there is also the cooking aspect in a big restaurant. and lets not forget he cooks for FHK (just zebra will make every1 lean and fit as a fiddle )

also some of the chefs looks like they came out of a horror movie. i liked them lol. for an event that will only last one day and with the obligatory battle we will have before the end how long will we have to w8 i wonder? i wanna see the ryuu vs tora battle dammit.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member VashDaStampede's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^Part of that actually crossed my mind too. What if Komatsu is sort of like Kenichi (History's strongest disciple). Komatsu has been doing a lot of walking, hiking, climbing...what if he does have a little muscle and stamina but doesn't realize it or doesn't know how to use it. Like the way Kenichi used to do all this training but didn't realize what he could do until the actual fight.

It's clear that Komatsu is mentally weak when it comes to facing wild beasts and things like that, but he might surprise in this race. But either way I still see him in the back of the pack. I want this to be the turning point where Komatsu realizes he needs to get physically fit.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Komatsu learned food honor so I'm pretty sure he has improved his physical strength and stamina.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Agrees with cearon he has more in him its just he doesnt seem confident since the others are rowdy and large. I think half of them havent been to places komatsus have been. He got even more strength and stamina than average human. Certainly he will be a challenge to top 50.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member SK-Hao's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're all wrong. Komatsu will do terrible physically, but he will get to the finish line and start cooking with the worst ingredients.

Despite that he will still make it into the top 50 because he has mad skills.

Maybe he will get an ingredient that no one else could use like a poison potato.
    Devour this Manga

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

whatsoever happens komatsu wont be getting best ingredients...infact i think what he will get will be rejects by everyone...still he will make something crazy out of those coz he will be hearing their voices

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm with the Komatsu-is-not-weak guys. Going to all those places with Toriko couldn't have been bad for his physique. Besting Melk mountain stairs has to mean something. He also mastered Food honor which we all know how powerful can be. Also, this triathlon seems like a really interesting idea.

Shigematsu looks mighty badass there, and he should after like 100+ chapters absence. He seems to either expect they will fight at the Fest or they will join President soon in the GW.

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. Komatsu just didn't notice his improvements because he was always with strong guys who were also improving.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the other people setsuno would call them nicknames even with other powerful and old looking character like Zaus gets a -chan and even midora. But here she refers to Frohze as -sama. He must be really something then. And i wonder what did she saw when she went hmm before the panel goes to show the G7. Shima is such a teaser >_<
    Again even among the top 100 theres only a few very few female. And certainly no cute ones either. We should make a petition to ask Shima to draw someone atrtactive for once!

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys maybe this is of topic but did you you guys read beelzebub this week? The bishokukai joke was a cracker. Couldn't stop laughing....

And yeah I think Komatsu will get crappy ingredients and work some magic.

Also the vice chief is on the town... considering Mansam can handle the four beast easily, this vice chief must be a monster himself..l

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast