Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Toriko 213 Discussion Thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko 213 Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nyamonyamo View Post
    With all the other people setsuno would call them nicknames even with other powerful and old looking character like Zaus gets a -chan and even midora. But here she refers to Frohze as -sama. He must be really something then. And i wonder what did she saw when she went hmm before the panel goes to show the G7. Shima is such a teaser >_<
    Again even among the top 100 theres only a few very few female. And certainly no cute ones either. We should make a petition to ask Shima to draw someone atrtactive for once!
    Frohze is the partner of the Acacia and the legendary chef in the Toriko world so Setsuno respect him that much... This is the only thing that lacks for Shima he didn't draw enough Sexy Girls so he can't achieve the popularity of One Piece ^^ can you imagine Name/Robin/Hancock cooking in an apron only ^^

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

senewe
    Well, Shigematsu and Mansam don't seem to be on the island, where Gourmet Fest is held. For now they are in the 1st Biotope. We don't know whether it's far or not, but still, they will need time to get there.
    I don't know whether the Cooking Fest will last more than 1 day, but if Bishokukai will attack, then Toriko and Co might have to deal themselves to some extent. If we don't count Setsuno and Zaus, but they might have their own opponents.

tobeulp
    I agree that Toriko manga really needs beautiful girls now. It's one thing it really lacks.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i like the non pretty girllessness(if this wasnt a word it is now ) of toriko. it separates itself from the demo even with this way. thou most other staff happening is what u would expect from the demo. also there is tsurara mama and the 4 armed girl of teppei

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

At least this manga needs a hottie or 2 you know. Most of the females are old and scary looking. Tsurara mama could be a guy for gods sake lol. At least a decent female would be most appreciated XD the females in this manga are either old or very uptight serious looking =P

Quote Originally Posted by senewe View Post
    Guys maybe this is of topic but did you you guys read beelzebub this week? The bishokukai joke was a cracker. Couldn't stop laughing....

..l
    hahaha yeah i saw that too that joke was right on the timing haha
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; December 03, 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

At least this manga needs a hottie or 2 you know. Most of the females are old and scary looking. Tsurara mama could be a guy for gods sake lol. At least a decent female would be most appreciated XD the females in this manga are either old or very uptight serious looking =P
    that is what i like about it. instead of having several hotties whose only job is being hotties i would prefer scary old uptight prudes that contributes in some way.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha yeah i saw that too that joke was right on the timing haha
    Can you give a link, I'd like to see that joke.

Also, considering girls in Toriko, I think it is and it will stay manly men's manga. It's kind of similar in that regard to HunterxHunter. It's Fairy Tail's and Kenichi's duty to serve us weekly dose of sexy girls;P

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member feanaro's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

here is the link beelzebub183

the joke is on page ten, but you have to read the whole chapter to get it :P it's self-contained and you do not need any knowledge of beelzebub enjoy

i wonder whether there will be any winner of the festival, or whether there will be a major attack by an evil force or event, which would lead to stopping the festival with only the finalist decided, resulting in a draw...
    shouldn't the eclpise be coming soon? or is it supposed to coincide with the discovery of God? I always thought that the eclipse would only be an opening to the final arc of the manga, like the starting point of the final race for ingredients...

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Also, considering girls in Toriko, I think it is and it will stay manly men's manga. It's kind of similar in that regard to HunterxHunter. It's Fairy Tail's and Kenichi's duty to serve us weekly dose of sexy girls;P
    This is why Fairy Tail is much more popular world wide than Toriko even though the story of Toriko is better than FT IMO... This is why Toriko need Sexy Characters to be appreciated by perverts all around the world lol

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

But the manga would need a premise to introduce an attractive female lead. I think the chance have already passed since most of the chef have been introduced and even the player in GW. Maybe Joa would be a nice candidate but i think its highly unlikely lol.

@Buggy
    There are lots of attractive chars in HxH. I even considered kurapika as a female XDXD

And i also remember there was one reference to toriko in sket dan. Was it bossun or hime that wanted to send a monster suggestion to be included in toriko lol

If only we know which sex and age group make up a bunch of torikos fanbase. Someone posted it in ToC but it was several months back
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; December 03, 2012 at 11:47 PM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It was the ferocious level 50 Aruki tai from chapter 201:
    Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

If only we know which sex and age group make up a bunch of torikos fanbase. Someone posted it in ToC but it was several months back
    According to this post, it is a 62%-38% ratio, but I seem to remember that in one of her posts, Teeba said that Toriko has quite a lot of fan by fujoshi

14. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

wahaha omg aruki tai the amount of ridiculousness XD
    its been a while since we've seen any new monster.
    Did any of you guys have any ideas for a toriko monster suggestion box? I'd be wtf if i saw in the next toriko "arororo-xxx san from mangahelper work!"

fujoshi are like bishi lovers right? the only bishi i could think off is mayb coco. And maybe the animals like terry. And maybe some of the food and ingredients.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way i just realise something about the strength of these top chef. Livebearer is 17th in the rank and he was easily defeated by coco. Maybe he just had a bad match up with cocos poison but it makes me realise that chef arent really physically strong even if they re in top ranks.
    Last edited by nyamonyamo; December 04, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, it depends on the Chef. Lifebearer is quite strong. His problem was a bad match-up. Not that many people can counter Coco's poison.
    Also Lifebearer seems to be that good Chef only because he cheated through stealing memories from tons of people. Without such a method I doubt he would be too far from Komatsu.
    And well, I believe most of the top 20 Chefs are at least strong enough to fight agsinst pre-Food Honour Toriko to some extent. Not even talking about top 5-6 as I think they would just devour Heavenly Kings.

It also depends on a Chef. Some of them never actually went with Bishokuyas to capture ingridients, while the same Setsuno was quite active with Jirou in Gourmet World and is a monster in terms of physical strength. Seems that Zaus is in the same league as well. Both in terms of cooking ability and strength.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member dex's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

its ok if toriko remains a battle manga..."hot chicks with no use" won't fit in toriko where the policy is "survival of the fittest"

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3