Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree to give the props to Sakura?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Chatte's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Can we all agree to give the props to Sakura?

Can we all remember and give the props to Sakura once again for being so intelligent in regards to Obito’s jutsu? Did someone actually remembered her when reading the latest chapter and saw how Obito removed parts of his body to avoid the attacks?

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

I was just curious...

No flaming please, I want nice answers. Don't like her, fine, you don't have to respond this thread. Avoid it, simply!
    Last edited by Chatte; November 15, 2012 at 11:22 AM.

2. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Bajan4eva1's Avatar
    Country
    Barbados
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can we all agree to give the props to Sakura?

Ha, you're right. I had forgot all about that analysis she did on Tobito. I mean I still don't like her but that's for other reasons . I'll definitely give her props for this and when she took out that Neji looking Zetsu. That was badass as well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, considering the way Obito's ability works is actually pretty illogical and retarded (for example in the third scan half his brain is missing), I think Sakura shouldn't be too proud of guessing that one right.

If you ask me she should stick with smashing things, she's better at that and chicks with super strengh are pretty cool anyway.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted hatsuharupeace's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure she was known to be one of the smartest students in her year way back at the beginning of the series? Makes sense that she would be able to figure out something like that.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Eh, not really sure that she deserves props for that, that analysis didn't provide any help with actually dealing with Tobi. Knowing that Tobi phases out individual parts doesn't help at all unless you know where he phases those parts to, and have a method of attacking the phased out parts. Konan deserves way more props for somehow figuring out that Tobi could only remain intangible for 5 minutes.

I do agree with one of the posters above me that she deserves props for taking out Neji-Zetsu and figuring out the white Zetsus's ability.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    Eh, not really sure that she deserves props for that, that analysis didn't provide any help with actually dealing with Tobi. Knowing that Tobi phases out individual parts doesn't help at all unless you know where he phases those parts to, and have a method of attacking the phased out parts. Konan deserves way more props for somehow figuring out that Tobi could only remain intangible for 5 minutes.

I do agree with one of the posters above me that she deserves props for taking out Neji-Zetsu and figuring out the white Zetsus's ability.
    Konan spent who-knows-how-many hours near Tobi.
    Sakura watched him for a few minutes at the most.

I actually like Sakura. Her fight against Sasori was excellent.
    She's shown that smart and incredibly strong.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post
    QFT.

Kakashi reached a worst conclusion after an additional fight, needing the same ability and to use 2 companions to fight Obito while he observed.
    I'm not Sakura's biggest fan, but in hindsight, it was pretty impressive

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member number12michael's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Exodi View Post

I actually like Sakura. Her fight against Sasori was excellent.
    She's shown that smart and incredibly strong.
    she is strong in terms of muscular strength but she would have been dead in 5 seconds of facing sasoris first puppet if it was not for Chiyo , Chiyo was the real star of that battle saskura was more of a puppet who could use medical ninjutsu and had antidotes ( dont get me wrong sakura has her place were she excells but battle is not one of them...Chiyo was a master of both healing and fighting)

But i think its safe to say Konan spent years planning how to kill obito(as she said "you dont think i have been sitting idley by your side this whole time....i know exactly why your dimensional transfer failed!" ) Konan has to be my favorite female ninja with Tsunade coming in a close second....( something about a woman who dose not need any help from anyone and can kill/fight with the "big boys" just gets me going :3)
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

12. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: Can we all agree to give the props to Sakura?

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    Konan has to be my favorite female ninja with Tsunade coming in a close second....( something about a woman who dose not need any help from anyone and can kill/fight with the "big boys" just gets me going :3)
    you like the ones that could sling you around...huh mikey?

maybe the galatea type or cynthia...i'm partial to the freaks like lucellia...i forgot it's naruto...oh
    But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie. Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll give Sakura her props and I'll cut her some slack. I mean shit people it's been what, 13 years basically. And yes Sakura has been pretty shitty for a good amount of that time but so has every other woman in this title. In Kishimoto's world women suck. Period. Sakura isn't any worse than Tsunade and Tsunade managed to be the Hokage. HTF that happened? Because that idiot Jiraiya turned it down. Why did the council seek his aid to begin with? Because he's a man. Women are weak in Kishimoto's world. Sakura is the epitome of that weakness, true, but it's not so much as a fault on behalf of the character as it is a construct of the world. So the moral of the story is don't be so butthurt over a comic book. The more you know.

Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, of all the characters with squandered potential, I feel the worse for Sakura. I don't hate her like everyone else does (only because all the femal ninja are garbage, so it makes no sense to single her out).

Though admittedly, her deduction was as silly as Naruto's was when he discovered that Sandaime Raikage most likely stabbed himself with Jigoku Nikute. Like, the leap from "hunch" to "spot on deduction" was gigantic.

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    You know, of all the characters with squandered potential, I feel the worse for Sakura. I don't hate her like everyone else does (only because all the femal ninja are garbage, so it makes no sense to single her out).

Though admittedly, her deduction was as silly as Naruto's was when he discovered that Sandaime Raikage most likely stabbed himself with Jigoku Nikute. Like, the leap from "hunch" to "spot on deduction" was gigantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    you like the ones that could sling you around...huh mikey?

maybe the galatea type or cynthia...i'm partial to the freaks like lucellia...i forgot it's naruto...oh
    hheheheheh ^^---I would say gals like Roxanne and Galatea......but Lucellia is quite the sexy freak :3

Now on topic to this actual manga lol.. Ninjabot how can you say all female ninjas are crap....what of Konan and Tsunade, and Mito, And kushina ?
    "Keep Eating Shit For The Rest Of Your Life " - 愛憎のロクサーヌ- Roxanne of Love and Hate

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They're good amongst the other females. But ask yourself: of the current upper echelon of ninja, whom could Mei, Tsunade, or Konan actually defeat without some sort of handicap? I mean, most of them are only impressive due to the group they're affiliated with, or one particularly hax (and situational) ability.

21. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hatsuharupeace View Post
    Pretty sure she was known to be one of the smartest students in her year way back at the beginning of the series? Makes sense that she would be able to figure out something like that.
    She was the smartest. Her and Sasuke received all the highest test scores I believe. She was the only one in the chunnin exams who could answer all the questions without cheating wasn't she?
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    They're good amongst the other females. But ask yourself: of the current upper echelon of ninja, whom could Mei, Tsunade, or Konan actually defeat without some sort of handicap? I mean, most of them are only impressive due to the group they're affiliated with, or one particularly hax (and situational) ability.
    Yes i think Tsunade and konan could very well hold there own agents "echelon of ninja" .... Tsunade is one of the strongest ninja in the world....she cant die in battle...she has lived through 2 wars....i Refuse to allow you to dumb down her ability, she is in the top 10 strongest ninja(male or female)...I guarantee Tsunade could take on any ninja in the leaf village and win.(that includes kakashi, prob not naruto now but who knows). As for konan i do agree that what she did to obito dose not really count because she pretty much used her years as a former ally to surprise attack him. But come on Konan was the only woman in the Akatsuki...she is a S rank ninja who also lived through wars...one in which she was a CHILD ... so no you are wrong .......Tsunade and konan are stronger then most of the male ninja out there......hell Tsunade gave madara the most run for his money (besides oonoki ) and Madara actually wanted to KILL Tsunade....he could care less about any of the other kages (i think he refers to fighting them as a game)...and she still survived.... i want you to show me 5 other ninja who can survive being cut in half.....who can live through having a sword sever there spin in half and she still pulled out the sword and threw it at madara......so if you dont think Tsunade is stronger then most male ninja then you are delusional .

EDIT: LOL and MEI you are kidding me she may have 2 blood limits and may be strong but her attitude is weak and i dont think she has what it takes to be a kage...she is a disgrace.....(and how long do you think the kages could have lasted if Tsunade was not there?

Side note just reading the kage vs madara battle....how did mei know about the flower and its pollen she said "dont breath in the pollen" ? is she not a tad young to know about such a technique?
    Last edited by number12michael; November 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast