Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we all agree to give the props to Sakura?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can we all agree to give the props to Sakura?

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Actually, according to the databook ( the first or the second, if I recall right ) the first one in the class was Ino while Sasuke came in second, since, despite having aced every subject he was the absolute last in teamwork

EDIT: found a reference

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

It was a baloon switch made by the translators ( the ones on mangapanda and mangareader do chapters in a rush, thus their translations are pretty flawed ), that line was Tsunade's
    Wut? If Ino was the top of her class, why did she use Sakura to cheat on her exam, or even cheat at all? Besides, databooks shouldn't be taken to heart, considering all things.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's get one thing straight on Tsunade and her fruitless fight with Kabuto at the first half of the fight; Kabuto overwhelmed her before her whole fear episode started. Coming back to the topic, Sakura's intelligence is quite bookish if anything else. Her analytical skills are unimpressive for higher tiers. Here Kishimoto is being quite desperate to inject some sort of intellect growth into her. Quite the visual-hyperbole, I would say.

@Chatte Why Chatte, you left base and came here to shower us with Tsunade and Sakura love?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Wut? If Ino was the top of her class, why did she use Sakura to cheat on her exam, or even cheat at all? Besides, databooks shouldn't be taken to heart, considering all things.
    Because those answers couldn't be answered by genins, as Sasuke said.
    Also Ino being the best makes sense, since, as logic would, there would be both pratical and theorical aspects of the subjects, and Sakura would be at the very bottom of all pratical ones while acing the theorical ones.
    In part 1 Sakura was the weakest, the Preliminaries tie with Ino was plot induced, considering later Hinata ( someone not outstanding in the least ) did way better than Sakura could ever hope to do.

And if I recall right in Sakura's flashbacks ( when they were kids ) she said how Ino was the best kunoichi in everything

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I'd forgotten about that. It's funny how accurate her statement was in hindsight. She pretty figured out 90% of what there was to know about it. She didn't know it was Sharingan related but she hit a bulls-eye on pretty much everything else. Good call Sakura.

And the stuff she didn't figure out still doesn't make a ton of of sense to me; like...
    • How he can use his eye to "phase" body parts his sharigan isn't looking at.
    • How he's able to dodge through attacks he doesn't see coming.

I remember thinking, at the time, it would have to be a passive thing (like Garra's sand defense) due to that stuff but it turned out not to be.
    Last edited by Jammin; November 18, 2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kay3795 View Post
    I see Tsunade as the strongest current Kage (or second). I've never mentioned her name much in the forums but It's obvious that she is powerful & dangerous.
    If Raikage tries any stupid move against her, he will die. It's that simple.

Say he tried what he did to Jugo(Punching a hole in him), All Tsunade has to do (while that fist is in her) from there is simply touch Raikage, essentially disabling his body function & from there punch his freaking light out.

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Basically I see all the sannins capable of kicking all the Kage's butt individually.
    You think Tsunade > Current Raikage?
    I wouldn't go so far.
    You think Tsunade can handle Oonoki? Doubt she could hit him with his levitation stuff.
    You think Gaara's sand won't suffocate her to death? Perhaps she could get one over Gaara not sure.

But to stay on topic, Sakura does deserve props there, but the way the story has gone, we will forget to giver her any props since her love for Sasuke has lost reasoning.
    Considering he never showed her any form of returning her feelings, yet she still loved him deeply and then she ended up poisoning Naruto with the kunai was the last straw for many fans.
    It's a shame since Sakura deserves quite a few panels of awesomeness. Considering she is mean't to be the parallel of Tsunade for Naruto's generation.

I personally hate her btw but I don't character bash. Like many people I know, that scene where she couldn't stab Sasuke was the last straw.
    But I recognize that it's because she was neglected as a character.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that was pretty damn smart of Sakura. Still, would have been smarter if she'd actually told anyone about it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

Also Ino being the best makes sense, since, as logic would, there would be both pratical and theorical aspects of the subjects, and Sakura would be at the very bottom of all pratical ones while acing the theorical ones.
    In part 1 Sakura was the weakest, the Preliminaries tie with Ino was plot induced, considering later Hinata ( someone not outstanding in the least ) did way better than Sakura could ever hope to do.

And if I recall right in Sakura's flashbacks ( when they were kids ) she said how Ino was the best kunoichi in everything
    I think you misunderstood, misread or confused about some things...

1. Sakura was THE ONLY ONE who could answer ALL the Chunin Exam's questions quickly without cheating at all. And Ino was the one who used Mind Body Switch Technique on Sakura, then copied all Sakura's answers. =)

2. Ibiki was the one who commented that the test could not be done by genin, it also simply hinted that Sakura's intelligence is superior than other students. While all of them cheated, Sakura answered all questions by her own. =)

3. On Ino's page, it only said that she's on top of the class alongside with Sasuke and Shino while in Academy, which it was before they even became genin, and the test was just simple transformation jutsu, it's far more different than Chunin exam.

4. During Sakura's flashback when they're very young, Ino was just more confident than her and that's why she wanted to be stronger than Ino, thus when they love the same guy, they became rival. It's not that Ino was the best kunoichi in everything like you said at all. =)

Also, if you look at Sakura's intelligence stat and compare with all other rookies, you'll see that her intelligence was 3.5 from the start, and now 4, which only Shikamaru is smarter than her. So, she's a lot smarter than Sasuke and Ino or any other students, except only Shikamaru.

I hope my answer could clear out all your confusions. =)

PS. You can read & compare about Sakura's intelligence and stats on this page.
    Last edited by Sakura Hime; December 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    ---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I think you misunderstood, misread or confused about some things...

1. Sakura was THE ONLY ONE who could answer ALL the Chunin Exam's questions quickly without cheating at all. And Ino was the one who used Mind Body Switch Technique on Sakura, then copied all Sakura's answers. =)

2. Ibiki was the one who commented that the test could not be done by genin, it also simply hinted that Sakura's intelligence is superior than other students. While all of them cheated, Sakura answered all questions by her own. =)

3. On Ino's page, it only said that she's on top of the class alongside with Sasuke and Shino while in Academy, which it was before they even became genin, and the test was just simple transformation jutsu, it's far more different than Chunin exam.

4. During Sakura's flashback when they're very young, Ino was her idol because Ino was more confident than her and that's why she wanted to be like her. It's not that Ino was the best kunoichi in everything like you said.

Also, if you look at Sakura's intelligence stat and compare with all other rookies, you'll see that her intelligence was 3.5 from the start, and now 4, which only Shikamaru is smarter than her. So, she's a lot smarter than Sasuke and Ino or any other students, except only Shikamaru.

I hope my answer could clear out all your confusions. =)

PS. You can read & compare about Sakura's intelligence and stats on this page.
    Reread my post

I said Sakura was smart ( book-smart ), I did say though that her being the best in theory clashed with her being the worst ( or among the worst ) in pratical sessions:
    she was mentally strong, but phisically super-weak.
    Ino not-withstanding, Sakura was at the very bottom of the Rookie 9 in the physical aspect

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sakura Hime's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I didn't just pinpoint to that reply, but to what you were discussing about who's the smartest here:

Actually, according to the databook ( the first or the second, if I recall right ) the first one in the class was Ino while Sasuke came in second, since, despite having aced every subject he was the absolute last in teamwork

EDIT: found a reference
    Your answer was a bit confusing, I wasn't sure if you were talking about during Chunin Exam or during Academy.
    Last edited by Sakura Hime; December 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure. She's clever, that's been made important for quite a few times. Too bad her (and other rookies') character has been made unimportant...
    Erfworld

Quote Originally Posted by Bromamura View Post
    Meh can't have Bleach without fan raging, makes it fun.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 0Xellos View Post
    Sure. She's clever, that's been made important for quite a few times. Too bad her (and other rookies') character has been made unimportant...
    At least we can look back to the potential, and smile. Never know maybe some amazing turnaround is coming for her. I won't hold my breath..but it's not impossible.

I mean Naruto has been looking pretty bad as a character too lately, and one has to think a turnaround must happen for him. Why not one more?
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura Hime View Post
    since i didn't read all the posts, i will comment just on this.

the purpose of the exam is the most important thing to consider which is right answer. sakura wrote answers in the paper correctly by herself, but was it the correct answer for the exam? no.

the real question of the exam was to check students ability to extract information without being distracted. sakura could write the answers in the paper, but she failed very much in actual regard, let alone being genius by answering from memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    At least we can look back to the potential, and smile. Never know maybe some amazing turnaround is coming for her. I won't hold my breath..but it's not impossible.

I mean Naruto has been looking pretty bad as a character too lately, and one has to think a turnaround must happen for him. Why not one more?
    the problem with turnaround is, everyone knows one is coming. there will surely be something that will focus sakura, but that's where the problem is. after being unimportant for almost whole manga, if she suddenly gets important, then it would be even worse. i don't like her character, so i don't miss her at all.
    Last edited by darkprince0521; December 21, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
    since i didn't read all the posts, i will comment just on this.

the purpose of the exam is the most important thing to consider which is right answer. sakura wrote answers in the paper correctly by herself, but was it the correct answer for the exam? no.

the real question of the exam was to check students ability to extract information without being distracted. sakura could write the answers in the paper, but she failed very much in actual regard, let alone being genius by answering from memory.

the problem with turnaround is, everyone knows one is coming. there will surely be something that will focus sakura, but that's where the problem is. after being unimportant for almost whole manga, if she suddenly gets important, then it would be even worse. i don't like her character, so i don't miss her at all.
    I disagree.

Sakura did really passed that exam. She doesn't need to cheat or to extract the info without getting noticed/caught because she's already knows the info she needs.

If that exam is a mission, sakura or team seven already completed that with ease. She/they don't need to spy or to extract any info at all because she/they already knows what's to be done.

May be ibiki's motives is to check the genins ability to extract an informations they dont know without being caught, but sakura at that time is an exception. Her intelligent surpassed all the genin/k12. That's why I'm doubting shikamaru's intelligent/IQ. If his IQ is beyond of a genin, why the hell he dont know how to answer those exam?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marshall313 View Post
    I disagree.

Sakura did really passed that exam. She doesn't need to cheat or to extract the info without getting noticed/caught because she's already knows the info she needs.

If that exam is a mission, sakura or team seven already completed that with ease. She/they don't need to spy or to extract any info at all because she/they already knows what's to be done.
    the problem is, the exam was not about having the info beforehand. there were already many observers in the room and also two ninja having the info were planted as students. the sole purpose for all of this was, how a student will be able to extract the info without being detected.

the exam was all about that, the information itself was nothing. so, sakura memorized the info, very well, but she very much failed the main purpose. the ones who collected the info from others without being detected are the actual stars of the exam. namely, shikamaru, sasuke, ino, neji etc. would be the names of such people who got the purpose of the exam and acted accordingly.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Sakura is good for 3 things:
    1-Drooling over Sasuke.
    2-Hitting Naruto for no good reason.
    3-QQ-ing about anything.

Oh and what she said there is just wrong. Its the biggest inlogical thing you can come up with. It just tured up right as it is a bloody manga.

She said "it makes sense that if he can make his hole body disapear then he should be able to do the same with individual body parts".

Imagine separating half the brain... I mean wtf? You have to be a MORON to belive that individual can function with half his brain... How about removing his upper torso... How would he even STAND if the signals can't reach his lower body (from the brian obviously)? What happends with the damn BLOOD if he is removing half his body and leaving the rest there? Why is it not flowing out? How the hell can he speack or see them if his face is not really there? I can keep going with this... How about gravity? Inertia? Asuming only half his body is influenced by 1 or both of this forces he would never be able to reatach himself. Of coruse you can just say "dude its a manga" and you would be right but still...

Point is only an individual with the IQ of a MONKEY would get to this conclusion. This is no feat for Sakura, its a manga stupidity feat.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast