Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (6/30/14 - 7/6/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 752 by cnet128 , Bleach 587 (2) , Gintama 501 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

3 7.69%
  • Good!

21 53.85%
  • Regular

11 28.21%
  • Boring...

2 5.13%
  • Bad!

1 2.56%
  • Fail!

1 2.56%
  • Other...

0 0%
New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

That just means it is possible Zeref was involved in some way. No one knows for sure what happened, but we'll probably find out eventually.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member JunKisaragi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking Horologium may have gained additional healing abilities (like treating burns), similar to how he gained some during the Nirvana incident citing that due to Lucy's power being greater than before, he can pass through the gate on his own will and he can cure skin spots, among other minor ailments.

Also, magic in FT has always had different effects on people (with the exception of Zeref's magic where you really wind up dead). Maybe Arcadios just had a high level of tolerance to Lava.

Relax. Take a chill pill.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

A thing is certain: Horologium deserves to be a Zodiac :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

To bad he has no offensive application, but yeah, you deserve some recognition for being able to stand unharmed in a pool of lava when you're made largely out of wood.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    Even so, surviving sinking into lava and surviving from the fumes are miles apart in absurdity.

Doesn't even matter. The way everyone was within a couple of meters of the lava (Which goes for EVERYONE in that room, the guy casting it included). The fumes wouldn't have killed them , the convection of heat would. They literally had SECONDS before that room become an uninhabitable wasteland and they all died. Because the human body starts shutting down at temperatures of 40~45C. At 50C you're pretty much guaranteed to die.

They would have had seconds before it got to that point.

So complaining it's not behaving like real lava is stupid.
    Last edited by Lozmaster; November 23, 2012 at 02:57 AM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member El Maco's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Complaining about the lava while accepting that characters live in a steampunk society with magicians and talking dragons is not really relevant.

It was great to see Loki back! He always was a smart dresser. Outside of the context of the battle, the spirits are allowed to come to Lucy's aid.

The opponents had real killing intent and FT is not really used to that. They're used to fighting people that only want to disable them. While this concept made the chapter interesting, the fact that no one ever visibly dies and Arcadios walking lava makes this chapter less dramatic. It was a good and captivating chapter, though.

Remember there's still a day to go between the battle outside and the Eclipse project, so they still have lots to do: escaping, meeting with the princess, another Arcadios revelation, confrontation with the King.

I was disappointed with the way Lucy and Yukino got their keys back. I suppose plotwise there was no other way. Without Loki, they had to fight and escape to retrieve their keys but they needed their keys to defeat their enemy, so we got a Deus ex Machina resolution with their keys literally falling out of the sky.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys... this is a MANGA.
    Please, do not waste your time (and our time) talking about physics and science...

In any case, for a moment there, I really thought that Arcadius was dead.
    And I was really happy!

Not because I don't like the guy (actually, since this chapter, I really like him!), but because this manga has seen no death so far...
    And I know it's a shonen, but some people need to die, to sacrifice themselves, you know...

Otherwise, this whole thing looks like it was too easy...
    And their victory isn't as great as it would have been if they had to overcome huge difficulties.

And once again, it seems like Natsu will beat the chief of the bad guy, with ease.
    I'm all for Fairy Tail being strong, but I want Natsu to be the underdog for once, and, you know... use his head to win...

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, this chapter isn't what I excepted, but it was still pretty good.

I have to say that I'm still not convinced that Arcadios is a good guy, even if he leaves the fate of the Eclipse plan to Yukino's and Lucy's decision.

Anyway I wonder when we are going to learn what is so special about Lucy - after all, apart from Karen (although in quite different circumstances), she is the only Celestial Wizard who's spirit's take their own actions, without Lucy needing to summon them.

I think that there is some reason for that, and I hope it will be revealed near the conclusion of the current arc, which is still, judging from the current pace, a few chapters away from us.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity REN KOUEN's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

when did loki develop cat ears?

and it was a good chapter, arcadios pretty much cemented himself as a good guy, it takes alot of courage to do what he did even if the way he was saved is a bit far fetched

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lozmaster View Post
    Doesn't even matter. The way everyone was within a couple of meters of the lava (Which goes for EVERYONE in that room, the guy casting it included). The fumes wouldn't have killed them , the convection of heat would. They literally had SECONDS before that room become an uninhabitable wasteland and they all died. Because the human body starts shutting down at temperatures of 40~45C. At 50C you're pretty much guaranteed to die.

They would have had seconds before it got to that point.

So complaining it's not behaving like real lava is stupid.
    No ,talking about physics and science when we're reading a manga is stupid. I don't expect manga authors to follow reality as closely as your talking about, because quite frankly that would be kind of anal for a fantasy story. I want Mashima to kill someone, and letting someone survive swimming in lava is ridiculous, with probably no serious wounds at that. He can ignore fumes and things like that, even falls from long heights, thats fine, but swimming in lava is a no-no. All these tears and scary "predictions" and NO ONE ever dies except Shimon and Lucy's dad. Just kill someone already, this story needs tension, something needs to legitimately go wrong for Fairy Tail, not even a kill, just an actual defeat or something. I'm not convinced any of these people that apparently will die are actually going to die. If Mashima's not going to kill anyone then I wish he'd stop pretending like he's going to, it just wastes time.
    Last edited by exacta; November 23, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

No ,talking about physics and science when we're reading a manga is stupid. I don't expect manga authors to follow reality as closely as your talking about, because quite frankly that would be kind of anal for a fantasy story. I want Mashima to kill someone, and letting someone survive swimming in lava is ridiculous, with probably no serious wounds at that. He can ignore fumes and things like that, even falls from long heights, thats fine, but swimming in lava is a no-no. All these tears and scary "predictions" and NO ONE ever dies except Shimon and Lucy's dad. Just kill someone already, this story needs tension, something needs to legitimately go wrong for Fairy Tail, not even a kill, just an actual defeat or something. I'm not convinced any of these people that apparently will die are actually going to die. If Mashima's not going to kill anyone then I wish he'd stopped pretending like he's going to, it just wastes time.
    Zancrow ? Hades ? Azuma ? Or do you mean that a good character should die ? Not happening, and even if it did happen, friendship will bring them back.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member exacta's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Zancrow ? Hades ? Azuma ? Or do you mean that a good character should die ? Not happening, and even if it did happen, friendship will bring them back.
    Good guy. I'm skeptical about Hades being dead. And like I said, just a defeat or something would be nice. I know that probably will never happen, but I think Mashima should just stop pretending to kill people for the sake of drama when it doesn't actually turn out that way.
    Last edited by exacta; November 23, 2012 at 10:35 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kisame Hoshigaki View Post
    when did loki develop cat ears?

and it was a good chapter, arcadios pretty much cemented himself as a good guy, it takes alot of courage to do what he did even if the way he was saved is a bit far fetched
    So I wasn't the only one who noticed those. XD
    He must have developed them recently. LOL

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

They're just clumps or hair that stick up and get shaded like cat ears, which Mashima has been doing for some time. If you look, you can still see his regular ears too.

Good guy. I'm skeptical about Hades being dead. And like I said, just a defeat or something would be nice. I know that probably will never happen, but I think Mashima should just stop pretending to kill people for the sake of drama when it doesn't actually turn out that way.
    Zeref deliberately tried to kill Hades at what he claimed was an uninhibited power, and someone else in the room stated that Hades was dead. I don't see what there is to be skeptical about.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as i remember, Rustyrose shouted " MASTER HADES" and then Kain said " He's dead" while crying. So I'm gonna say he's dead. About the good guys getting defeated, well this is what i hate, they do get defeated but they magically and friendshiply (and thats not even a word) wake up and win the next round right after their "defeat". This happened when Zancrow defeated Natsu and when Azuma defeated Erza and I'm sure it happened more. And as for good character dying, well, Hiro is gonna have to introduce a villain that can actually kill. Instead he gives us Bluenote who when the Tenrou Tree sealed off Gildarts magic power, what does he do ? Instead of killing him just randomly keep kicking him until he wake up and win.

New Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast