Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2)

View Poll Results: Rate the Chapter!

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Epic!

    3 7.69%
  • Good!

    21 53.85%
  • Regular

    11 28.21%
  • Boring...

    2 5.13%
  • Bad!

    1 2.56%
  • Fail!

    1 2.56%
  • Other...

    0 0%
New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion

  1. #46
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    I just had a very scary random thought. Nichiya becoming Laxus' cat.

    *shudders*

  2. #47
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    America
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    227
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    LOL, that'd be great, just for the comedic value. Erza would have permanent nightmares.

  3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  4. #48
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Poor Erza. Poor Laxus.

  5. #49
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by exacta View Post
    He can ignore fumes and things like that, even falls from long heights, thats fine, but swimming in lava is a no-no. .

    I can't tell if you're being ignorant on purpose.

    1) I didn't even mention the fumes as the way the lava would kill them. THE HEAT WOULD KILL THEM ALL BEFORE the lack of breathable air would kill them. Like I had to spend that post explaining for you to completely ignore (twice).

    2)Swimming in lava is different to being DIRECTLY ABOVE the lava?
    Let me quote someone else here.


    Quote Quote:
    Nappa: What's wrong, Vegeta?

    Vegeta: Nothing, just an aneurysm out of sheer stupidity.
    There is No difference at all. Here is what you don't seem to understand. Lava IS NOT acid. (Yes,i tcan be, but that is true of any liquid,there is no reason to assume it is acidic). The heat is what kills you. Being directly above the lava is 100% exactly as deadly as being in the lava (Because heat travels faster through air than it does solids-liquid compounds that make up magma/lava). Either neither are instantly fatal, or both are.
    Despite what films think, you don't get to choose one and not the other. Calling the manga out on your own mistake just makes you look foolish.

    Yes, clearly his magic was creating heat because it started to burn lucy/yukinos feet. But it wasn't hot enough to instantly melt them: Therefore, there is absolutely no reason it would melt Arcadius any significant amount faster for standing in it.

    Quote Quote:
    No ,talking about physics and science when we're reading a manga is stupid.
    ...
    My god. If you don't "talk about science" then you have to assume you have NO IDEA what lava is, else you are talking about real world science. Then you have no reason to even vaguely suggest standing in it should be even slightly fatal barring what we've seen in the manga, which shows that it isn't.
    Last edited by Lozmaster; November 23, 2012 at 05:47 PM.

  6. #50
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zumb1e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Just saying this but air is a heat insulator, so you are wrong saying that its the same to stand above it and to be IN it.

    Sorry for the of topic btw, but it was to hard to see someone say such a wrong thing so full of reason...

  7. #51
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SerpentTailedAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Selfia, Norad
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Guys! I have an idea.
    Lets just say the lava was made by magic and therefore not as hot as real lava. And if it was real then lets say magic resistance or plot armor or something else and all argue over whether or not we're more interested in seeing Mira or Juvia fight, rather than debate how lava should work like people who have never seen lava in TV shows, comics, or video games before.

  8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  9. #52
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Country
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1,546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by zumb1e View Post
    Just saying this but air is a heat insulator, so you are wrong saying that its the same to stand above it and to be IN it.
    There isn't much difference actually, as air isn't that a great heat insulator when it comes to "getting close to lava/magma". In real world, humans need to wear special heat-resistant suits to get close to magma. It's the emitted heat (=thermal radiation as magma GLOWS) already that burns flesh.

    [sarcasm]But it's great to have such rwpov conversations to pull the "Mashima is a bad author and doesn't kill characters, so Fairy Tail is a bad story!!!" mimimimi up once in a while, as people know it's forbidden to fire back at their favorite manga that don't work any different here in this forum.[/sarcasm]
    Last edited by hoeru; November 24, 2012 at 05:52 AM.

  10. #53
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Morlun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Country
    Portugal
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    I find it hilarious that in a shounen where the main character eats fire, spits fire, and pretty much just spams fire against everyone that moves and nobody gets a 1st degree burn, people are complaining now about the absense of lava and hot air burning.

    If you want to go there, please complain about Gajeel, Jellal and Laxus being alive. Of course, Natsu too.

    Oh, and ice and lightning burn too, so...

  11. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #54
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Westeros
    Country
    Argentina
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,598
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    LOL, still I believe that surviving lava is a bit too much.

    Blame Aikanu to lead me believe that magma is stronger than fire (?)
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

  13. #55
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Morlun View Post
    I find it hilarious that in a shounen where the main character eats fire, spits fire, and pretty much just spams fire against everyone that moves and nobody gets a 1st degree burn, people are complaining now about the absense of lava and hot air burning.

    If you want to go there, please complain about Gajeel, Jellal and Laxus being alive. Of course, Natsu too.

    Oh, and ice and lightning burn too, so...
    You know, i always thought about that. Why doesn't Natsu's flame burn anyone ? Like really, they said that Fire dragon's flames are far more hotter than standard flame but, i don't see that ! Natsu can melt steel with his body heat but can't burn anyone ?
    And strangely enough, Rufus's Karma of the burning land, burned the flesh out of Eve-kun. So...what's going on ?

  14. #56
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    You know, i always thought about that. Why doesn't Natsu's flame burn anyone ? Like really, they said that Fire dragon's flames are far more hotter than standard flame but, i don't see that ! Natsu can melt steel with his body heat but can't burn anyone ?
    And strangely enough, Rufus's Karma of the burning land, burned the flesh out of Eve-kun. So...what's going on ?
    Geez, you're ruining the manga.

    Obviously, people in FT world, especially mages, seem to have more resistance to elements like fire, wind, ice and shit. They must be something like Barbarian from Diablo 2. If Barbarian from Diablo 2 can increase his resistance while leveling up, I don't see why Gray or Erza couldn't do the same.

    That's why Rufus lost. He thought he would pwn Gray with fire, but then he didn't take Gray's fire resistance which he probably increased training with Natsu. I think Gray's fire resistance is at least 50%.

    Arcadios has like 99,5%

    Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!


    (thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

  15. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #57
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,237
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Geez, you're ruining the manga.

    Obviously, people in FT world, especially mages, seem to have more resistance to elements like fire, wind, ice and shit. They must be something like Barbarian from Diablo 2. If Barbarian from Diablo 2 can increase his resistance while leveling up, I don't see why Gray or Erza couldn't do the same.

    That's why Rufus lost. He thought he would pwn Gray with fire, but then he didn't take Gray's fire resistance which he probably increased training with Natsu. I think Gray's fire resistance is at least 50%.

    Arcadios has like 99,5%
    Tell that to the poor Grimioir Heart mages that got burned to death by Zancrow

  17. #58
    Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    in your hot tub...
    Country
    United States
    Age
    33
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    Please stop the discussion about how fire, lava and the sorts don't work the way they should.

    If it means that much to you to discuss, create a new thread for it.
    Last edited by ghostexiled; November 24, 2012 at 03:22 PM.

  18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
  19. #59
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    =[地獄]=
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,021
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    So we get to see whats unlocked when all 12 keys are together. Oh yay!
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

    # of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 100

  20. #60
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Country
    Italy
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Fairy Tail 309 Discussion / 310 Predictions

    I really laughed when Makarov said that had thought of a pile of apology letters to write, responding to what the leader of execturos said about the fact that Natsu would repent for his sinner.
    For some reason I really liked that that armour knight aim to Natsu head, this just proves that for the first time they encounter opponents that only want to kill them.

    After that we see the other battlefield.
    At first Lily is in trouble, since he can’t block the acid with his sword, then Mira’s opponents attacks with green paper, that represents poison, and infact from the pieces of papers leak out poison.
    While regarding the power of Cosmos just like was already clear after chapter 307, She can summons several type of plants that can do several things, for example it can suck her opponents (that in chapter 308) or make them faint, since the spread out a sleeping agent.
    I really like it, since is it true that the plants are used in the pharmaceutical industry because they have several capacity (I know this because my younger brother (in the truth we are twins) graduated in pharmacy some weeks ago, and his thesis was about on the capacity of some plants that are located in the municipality of Monterenzio, a municipality near Bologna, the city where we live in Italy).

    Anywyays I believe that for what we saw until now, Arcadias is not a mages, infact that squadron, the “Cherry blossom holy knight squadron” is not made of mages, and Arcadias became the chief because he is physically strong, infact he is really very muscular and he has a lot of resistence.
    Arcadias has not really fully convinced me that he is really a good man, but after this chapter for the first time I believe that is more likely than he is a good man than a bad man (60% that he is a good man against 40% that he is a bad man).
    Infact I think that for save Lucy and Yukino he was really ready to give up his life for it, even if in the truth there is the possibility that he could fake his death and then appear later, during the opening of the gateway of darkness.
    Anyways another thing that make me believes that he is a good man is the fact that he confessed that it was him behind the kidnapping attempt.

    Anyways since is a manga I really don’t care that Arcadias survived, even if in the truth his body would melt or at least if he should have died by suffocation, but at least he should be completely burned all over his body, infact Horologium saved him when he was already completely immersed in the lava (except for his hair).
    Even even if it was very predictable I hoped that Loki would not come in rescue, because even if this is surely better than the case that they defeated Uosuke only by themselves, even if they could not use any type of magic, I would have preferred that others would came to rescue them, for example Crime Sorciere.
    I thought this even because I believed that the keys would have been protected by someone or by something.
    But perhaps none guarded them because none could imagine that Loki could open the gate thanks to his free will, and perhaps it’s for that reason that he does not came to rescue Lucy against Flare or Minerva, because otherwise the key would be guarded and Loki could not came to save them now.
    Infact at the beginning of the arc I thought that Mercurius palace would have been destroyed because Loki would came back during the opening of the gateway, he would have saved Lucy and at the same time this would have destroyed the gateway of darkness, and this woud have caused the destruction of the royal palace.

    I was forgettin to write that since seem that Yukino has not his 13th key with her anymore (she did not offer it to Yukino in chapter 282 and Loki did not give her it in this chapter), there is the possibilities than that key belonged to Sabertooth.
    If this is the case there is the possibilities that someone will use it in the tournament, most likely Minerva, if this will be the case I really want to see Kagura’s reaction, particularly if he will know how Sabertooth treated Yukino.

    P.S:Even if I wrote a long post I hope that someone will read it and will give me his/her opinions.
    P.P.S: I will write about Uosuke's power in my next post, where I will write my prections for the next chapter.
    For that same reason I will write even about the fact that Natsu at the end of the chapter destroyed the weapon of the leader of the executors.

New Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts