Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 499 Discussion / 500 Predictions

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 499 Discussion / 500 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I think you are underestimating berserker and what he could have become in this short time. You have to remember that the old berserker never had any sort of style or formal training. What he had was simply what was innate to him at the time. Right now berserker is getting physical training from kensei and is developing his own form and style. So what would be the result of berserker receiving a master class physical training plus whatever style he could be developing? In the past berserker lost to tanimoto because he had no form however the fact that he got so far against him with no form whatsoever is remarkable. Add in some form (which I can't stress enough, he is developing) and you got a monster. for all we know even back then berserker had the physical ability to match a current yomi but simply didn't have any sort of technique. Since berserker is still technically only developing his style he should still be inferior to other disciples in terms of techniques and style however whatever improvement and progress he has made in the department will easily result in exponential growth for him.
    It has nothing to do with that. He lost because he was an arrogant little punk that took pleasure in crushing hard working martial artists without ever training, relying only on his innate abilitys. He actually boosted about that and had quite a bit of pride on his skills, Tanimoto wiped the floor with Berserk and taught him a lesson that hard work pays out, if this fight with Kenichi has any point is mainly to show that hard work can surpass talent and looking down on people that try hard can come back to bite you in the ass.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    It has nothing to do with that. He lost because he was an arrogant little punk that took pleasure in crushing hard working martial artists without ever training, relying only on his innate abilitys. He actually boosted about that and had quite a bit of pride on his skills, Tanimoto wiped the floor with Berserk and taught him a lesson that hard work pays out, if this fight with Kenichi has any point is mainly to show that hard work can surpass talent and looking down on people that try hard can come back to bite you in the ass.
    If we were to judge people by their strength in Ragnarok Saga, then shouldn't Takeda be the weakest punk out there ? But he is clearly on Keinchi's level. So don't underestimated Berserker just because of what he was about 300 chapters ago.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    So? That was 400 chapters ago, since then berserker has been under kensei's supervision. Takeda was basically a normal kid with barely above average strength back then and now he is an actual match to kenichi and real yomi. Berserker has received yomi level physical training and the tools to develop his own style both of which would make for a gargantuan difference if we consider that berserker is perhaps the single most talented person we have seen in the manga.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the match ups who can we expect to win and lose their respective matches? Everyone share your predictions! Also, if Tanaka is snooping around the park then it's most certain that Kensei is in the near vicinity as well. I hardly doubt he would miss out on an opportunity to watch his disciples "feed" upon others. Perhaps they will run into each other and fight. The fight will probably end quickly as Tanaka will realize he is nowhere near a match for Kensei. At that point a master from Ryozanpaku will most likely show up. The only question is which master should do battle with Kensei? I know there is pretty much a general consensus that either Akisame or Ma should fight him, but how about Shigure? It's about time she had an official match with a fighter from the ONSF unlike the scuffles she's had with them in the past.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; November 17, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Sans Miu, Takeda and Renka fights, the matches are pretty interesting.

Kenichi vs Berserker

Berserker has gained respect for hard work so he won't be careless this time. Unlike Hermit, who is a cunning man, Kenichi is pretty straightforward which helps Berserker. Even if i take that into account I will say that the most likely victor is Kenichi.

Renka vs Rachel

Renka has the advantage.

Freya vs Odin

Freya has been a disappointment since the D&D. Odin takes this one and that says a lot of Freya's abilities.

Shiratori & Kisara vs Chikage

I am sooooo looking forward this one. Better for them to bring Ukita or do something to get on her child mode, they are no match for chikage... NO MATCH.

Siegfried vs Hermit

Hermit has this one, that if he fights for real.

Takeda vs Lugh

I agree withy Buggy, why teasing us with boxing secret techniques later when they are needed NOW!? most boring match.

Miu vs Rimi

P-p-pa-p-paa-p-papa-papaaaa-PANTSU!

Outside the Kensei's fraction you can "power of bonds" with Mikumo's fraction, huh?

Tanaka is an expert but still not a master while Kensei is an elite master. He can't pull an Akira on Kensei as Akira was an elite master like Silcardo and unlike Silcardo, Kensei is level-headed and will not be taken by surprise.

23 pages next week! Yay! I want a fanservice color page!
    Last edited by Lectro Volpi; November 17, 2012 at 07:17 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

^Nice analysis. That is basically what I'm thinking, though I'm sure we will have some surprises and it's sure not to be boring.

As for who fights Kensei, here's my reasoning:

Akisame - had fight with Gaidar, I think he will fight Saiga because of their history.
    Ma - had fight with Diego, will fight Sougetsu.
    Sakaki - had fight with Hongou, will probably have rematch with Rahman.
    Apachai - had fight with Agaard.
    Shigure - few skirmishes, notable with Kushinada. Because of the bare-handed vs weapons thing, style vs style, she hasn't had a proper fight, might eventually fight strongest guy from weapons division, maybe even Kushinada but unlikely.

Apachai looks free for a fight but somehow I can't imagine that fight. Because of everything said, I threw an idea that Shiba might end up fight Kensei. There is a high probability that Tanaka will fight him now, but his chance of victory looks slim, so that leaves space for another oppnent.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm tired of people saying Takeda is on Kenichi's level. I highly doubt that, Kenichi takes a while to get fully into fights except when he is putting his life or pride on the line. More recently Kenichi put his life on the line to save Miu, and they say when a Martial Artist puts their life on the line they grow exponentially. His Masters recognized his growth when he returned, and then proceeded to take his training to the next level. I almost never compare Kenichi's and Miu's growth to the rest of to the Alliance, for the mere fact that their Masters are "Next Level" or ahead of the curve when it comes to training. I think (purely my speculation) that Kensei got his eye for being able to train a disciple from being around those masters.

For the match-ups.

Kenichi vs Beserker - I think that this will be the last match-up we see but will be the best that we see. I think Kensei wanted this match-up. What better way to get a disciple that is developing his own style to fight a fighter that can change his styles at will. And I think he wants Beserker to experience what it feels like to face somebody with Master class "Willpower". I expect that it will be great match but somehow Kenichi will win or it will end undecided because his Masters will step.

Renka vs Rachel - Renka wins, just because she most likely as been receiving some kind of training, while it's been a while since Rachel has received formal training.

Miu vs Rimi - I, like everybody else believe Miu is going to win easily. But I believe Miu will get pressed early on as she wasn't expecting a fight or the fact that Rimi has leveled up to the point where she has is currently at after their fight at the aquarium. But after Miu gets into battle mode it will be wiping the floor with fodder.

Lugh vs Takeda - Could careless who wins. But if betting money I'm going with Lugh. Takeda hasn't even gone through the secret training yet.

Nastu vs Sieg - I think this will be the second best fight. I think both will go all out and I think that they both are close in terms of strength. I would give Natsu the edge in experience. But I don't believe he is there to hurt Sieg but I believe he is always down to test where he currently is at in his progression as a martial artist. I think Natsu will win or it will be left undecided with interference of some master.

Chikage vs Kisara, Shiratori - I think that Chikage will own the both of them with little effort. But she wont kill them to dismay of her master.

Freya vs Odin - We probably will see some improvement from Freya. But I think that Odin is being undersold because of the wheelchair. I think that we forget that his master is "Mr. Bring Whatever You Got And I'll Turn You Into A Badass". He has already help him master fighting from the wheelchair.
    Last edited by KingJames; November 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Miu is going to end up losing herself and gets close to killing Rimi, causing Takeda to look away from his match which will lead to some kind of messed up injury from Lugh.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Lost0's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Match Up's

Kenichi v.s Berserker - I honestly think Kenichi is going to win but he won't win easily, I'm pretty sure berserker is going to mess him up pretty bad.

Miu v.s Rimi - I hope Miu goes " Bulu " mode and show Rimi that she's nothing. I personally find rimi annoying but I'm interested in how much she's improved.

Lugh v.s Takeda - Lugh is going to destroy him. I actually hope Takeda dies, his attitude annoys gets on my nerve. he acts like he's super strong but in actual reality(Kenichi World) he really isn't. He's a perfect match for Rimi, they're both dumb

Renka v.s Racheal - They will probably match each other just like last time, just bc Castor doesn't have her master right now doesn't mean she can't grow in strength, as a member of yomi who doesn't have a master I'm pretty sure she has been practicing to keep her position safe.

Sieg v.s Natsu - Hermit wiill probably win bc of his experience and he has a master of coarse . BUT I think that sieg has more talent than him. If he had a good master he could destroy hermit.

Chikage v.s Kisara and Shiratori - Lol not much to say here. Chikage will stomp both of them out if they fought right here.

Freya v.s Odin - Dont really care about this fight, it's obvious who will win unless freya's grandfather has been giving her some training from hell( Elder style)

But for some reason I think the Yomi are only there to make their challenges, but I'm probably wrong.

Side thought ( Maybe Ukita will finally die )

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lost0 View Post
    Side thought ( Maybe Ukita will finally die )
    Well that depends if he's stop enough to interfere in another persons fight again (he undoubtedly is) . I could see him interrupting the Chikage v.s Kisara & Shiratori fight, but who was he last seen with?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I hope Matsuena doesn't disappoint. If all the Shinpaku Alliance members find ways (including ass pulls) to win their fights; I will have lost all faith in this arc. I want some of them to lose and die.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; November 18, 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    Well that depends if he's stop enough to interfere in another persons fight again (he undoubtedly is) . I could see him interrupting the Chikage v.s Kisara & Shiratori fight, but who was he last seen with?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

I hope Matsuena doesn't disappoint. If all the Shinpaku Alliance members find ways (including ass pulls) to win their fights; I will have lost all faith in this arc. I want some of them to lose and die.
    Ukita was left recuperating on the bench, not feeling well from roller coaster rides, a convenient way, I must say, to keep him out of harms way:P Meh, we shouldn't kid ourselves, he is probably already on his way to jump between Chikage and his girls lol

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what I believe will happen to Odin when he fights Freya

Spoiler show

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy View Post
    Ukita was left recuperating on the bench, not feeling well from roller coaster rides, a convenient way, I must say, to keep him out of harms way:P Meh, we shouldn't kid ourselves, he is probably already on his way to jump between Chikage and his girls lol
    Well, if he does jump into that fight he wont be harmed too much. Unless the Bewitching Fist has finally found a way to harden Chikage's heart chances are she most likely wont kill them

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, as far as rimi goes the fight should be entirely different from before. If her ki really improved as much as kensei said then she should actually be able to put pressure on miu. While that does not necessarily mean she will be a match for miu it does mean miu will have to respond with her own ki and fight more seriously. Miu has been going through ma's training and the elder did seem to want her to awaken her ki however it is unknown if she has finished her training. The fight could also be dangerous for rimi as she might not be physically strong enough to handle her own ki. Miu was physically more powerful and faster than rimi and even then she had trouble with her not fully awakened dou ki. If rimi's ki matches miu it could mean rimi is not powerful enough to handle prolonged fights with her new ki.There is also the issue that if miu has to use all of her ki she could still change to her bulu persona and really hurt rimi.

I don't think lugh will necessarily destroy takeda. Takeda is already familiar with how lugh fights, he should know what getting caught entails and he should know that ultimately letting lugh catch his arm was a bad move during the last fight. I guess it will come down to myobishi this time around and whether it truly is unreadable to lugh and how much takeda has improved it. Takeda did so some training with his master the earlier day, I think it is possible he was already taught a few techniques that day since takeda was not going to be around today.

The issue with seigfried and tanimoto is how much of a good match it is for either. As of now tanimoto's strongest technique is kyoza so the question would be how effective it would be against seigfried. For the technique to be effective natsu has to effectively hit seigfried 3 times. Seigfried's specialty could easily significantly reduce the effect of the technique by avoiding a single hit. I guess it comes down to whether tanimoto has techniques which are hard to read and predict and how seigfried deals with those. Seigfried was stronger than the entire capoeira team back in the DoD tournament, I don't think he ever lagged behind actual yomi at least since then. I think he is in a similar position to berserker except that he found was style he was innately good at earlier but of course with less raw talent.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

apart of Miu, Takeda and Renka fights, which is determine due to their previous rivalry, I find the match up is pretty interesting

Kenichi vs Berserker

A guy who has trained multiple martial arts to create something new vs a guy who has trained only his body to develop his own style. I'd say contrast in style and how they are raised. Oh and a fight against one of two Ragnarok's fist whom Kenichi hasn't fought yet (another one is Freya but it's pretty much impossible due to 1. she's a girl after all 2. they're friends now)

Odin vs Freya

Odin outright believe in Satsujinken whereas Freya outright believe in Katsujinken. Both have tools. Freya has pole and use it as extension of her body whereas Odin has wheelchair which is a limitation of his body. Seems like Odin is at disadvantage due to Freya's increased range by pole but Odin has limitation of movements by wheelchair but he challenge her nonetheless. Let's see why Kensei keeps him as his official Yomi.

Chikage vs Kisara and Shiratori

technique vs power; Chikage use jujutsu taught by her master to use only technique and no power whereas Kisara and Shiratori use tae kwon do, which emphasised on kicks meaning that they mainly use power.

Siegfried vs Hermit

Counter type fighter vs cunning type fighter. Let's see who will outwit who to win

on the side note; Thor is not pairing to fight anyone (right now), oh and we may have Takeda confession with Miu though. I mean suddenly Takeda is fighting nearby Miu?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would question to what extent the yomi disciples would actually follow through with satsujinken. For the most part we have actually seen the yomi and shinpaku guys actually have a pretty good relationship. Rachel has spent a decent amount of time with the shinpaku guys and kenichi calling her a friend seemed to have an effect on her. Kushinada is close friends with ukita and is even closer to kenichi. Natsu was an actual member of the shinpaku guys and actually willingly spends time with them. Odin has actual respect for kenichi and so does berserker. Even then, being of the satsujinken does not automatically make you a sociopath. Being of the satsujinken on very general terms means that you acknowledge there are situations where it is acceptable to kill someone (the yami masters have very subjective opinions on who exactly it is acceptable to kill). You can more realistic visions where only in extreme situations you can kill (much like the police would shot down a dangerous criminal) or you can have outright sociopaths.

Saiga seems to be in the camp that it is acceptable to kill when some greater good is achieved. The elder seemed to suggest this and we have to take in consideration he did not kill any of the masters working for junazad.

Akira and agaard seem to be closer to sociopaths and would kill for the sake of martial arts.

Diego, alexander, junazad and kensei are outright sociopaths who would kill for any reason. Perhaps alexander is somewhat redeemable in that he had a soldier mentality so he would just go indiscriminately for whoever his assigned target was. The rest would kill their disciples for the fun of it at large....

Mikumo is at least in the camp of akira and agaard however she would perhaps go further.... Her planning of the death of junazad is at an ambiguous place and she was willing to kill diego for being defeated... Perhaps she is more sociopathic than others but not to a point where she could compare to diego, alexander, junazad or kensei.

Serul is a mystery although based on what she said to chikage about the karma of martial arts being repaid by martial arts it is possible he is in akira's or agaard's camp more than junazad's or even mikumo's.

Eventually the yomi guys will develop their own viewpoints on the matter. Boris had a soldier mentality so he will likely act like that when the time comes. Lugh seems to be on the sociopath road given how easily he tried to kill seigfried however we could still argue he would simply kill for the same of martial arts. Chikage makes no mention on the matter so far as has never been close to killing someone. Natsu has walked the path of azura although where he will ultimate stand is ambiguous. Perhaps he will be on a "destroy evil without hesitation" camp although he could get to a camp where he would kill for the sake of martial arts. Rachel has also made no comments on the matter either although I find it hard to believe she would kill someone as she is now. There is not even a reason for her to kill renka... Ethan was perhaps similar to boris so perhaps he would kill just because of an order.

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast