Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Was things really necessary?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kiba's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Was things really necessary?

i am lookin back at the whole story
    at the begin sharingan was just there for copying
    and some other stuff and mangenkyo from itachi was still also ok
    but then we get some other sharingans other abilitys
    i actually cant anymore count how many different sharingans exist
    and what they can
    get a skull guardian out of nothing then sharingan is connected with senju

i mean how would the story if it wouldnt be like this
    when a sharingan would be sharingan and not god ike power

not just sharingan but thats the most extended power thats why i am asking me why?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sanadan's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: was this really needed

I more liked the initial idea of the Sharingan being the copy wheel. Itachis fine, I thought that was cool but I don't think it got out of hand until then Rin'negan was brought up. By then the Do-jutsu just looked too powerful and it seems only Jinchurikis have a shot to even get close.

We wouldn't have been given such a grand story without this progression but I much more liked when they couldn't blast landscapes out in outer space.

In the end it is what it is and I do enjoy the story thus far and will keep tuning in each week like I have for years.
    Could the Sage of Six Paths be named Sanada Yukimura?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem here is everyone thinks that the Sharingan, in the way it was first introduced to us, is the "original" Sharingan and that it was never meant to be as powerful as it is now. That it's current power is "wrong" or even untruthful to the original canon. And I'd just like to know how the heck they came to that conclusion.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, the Sharingan has too many singular abilities. Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan was fine, since it provided some very rare eye technique.

But now everybody has special Sharingan techniques, which makes their bodies rubber, or can create earthquakes, or transform in an animal...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I think the problem here is everyone thinks that the Sharingan, in the way it was first introduced to us, is the "original" Sharingan and that it was never meant to be as powerful as it is now. That it's current power is "wrong" or even untruthful to the original canon. And I'd just like to know how the heck they came to that conclusion.
    I'll give you the long explanation at a later time if desired. All one has to do to see that what Kishi originally had in mind doesn't add up with later power portrayal is to look at the fight between Sarutobi and Orochimaru. A fight that was praised as Kage level at the time by ANBU, which is chuunin level now. Even so people still cling to ridiculous mentions in sources like Databooks by blindly believing in Kishi when his own manga contradicts his own statements, and say that:

"Sarutobi was probably much stronger in his youth (10 years ago)! I have no proof via portrayal in the manga, but the Databooks state he was amazing! He knew all of Konoha's techniques but in reality we know there's no way he could even use half of them even if he knew them! Sarutobi must have been strong, he was praised as the God of Shinobi! What his generation of Kage showed in Edo Tensei form doesn't matter, I'm sure Sarutobi had counters for those amazing techniques and Kage!"

Anyone disputing that needs to give me what he or she is smoking. The fact is Sarutobi looks like a chuunin, his age is as weak an argument as they get. His senior by decades in Ooniki is rocking people's socks off and would destroy the "God of Shinobi". Not to mention the versions of the summoned First and Second Hokage are utterly pathetic, especially compared to the god level portrayal the First has received later on. There's just so many flaws in this fight when you look at it in retrospect that it's obvious Kishi pulled a "Dragon Ball" and fell victim to his own manga's evolution. If Kishi's power portrayal was so badly planned in that regard, how can one doubt the Sharingan's evolution was too (Susano'o - super chakra mechas)?
    Last edited by 3c; November 16, 2012 at 07:32 PM.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

7. Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Was things really necessary?

I agree with all of that, it's just... once again, people tend to think that everything Sharingan related is what's responsible for said power increases across the board. Like the Sharingan increases in power first, and then everything else around it is retconned so that it can stand up to the hax the Sharingan presents. I'll look for a link to my original post in a thread identical to this one, but it basically reasoned that everything around the Sharingan evolves first, then the Sharingan gains a new ability.

I wasn't saying that the manga's powers weren't being grossly increased... just that I can't quite understand why the need to single out the Sharingan alone for this. How many people complained when Naruto's Chakra Mode revealed the ability to turn Zetsu into trees? That has nothing to do with a strong body or powerful chakra. It's completely unaffiliated with his power set and yet, it appeared outta nowhere. Ditto for sensing malice. What does that have to do with chakra, foxes, or physical power?

Now the Sharingan originated from the Doujutsu that's responsible for the creation of ALL jutsu. It's also essentially empowered by Inton (the power of imagination and spritual energy). Logically, anything an Inton user thinks of should be possible, so the Sharingan having tons of different abilities makes sense. I'm sure Kishimoto always intended things to come down to Uchiha vs. Senju, Strength vs. Spirit.
    Last edited by ninjabot; November 16, 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

may be Kishi thought that transforming Naruto into Dragon Ball Z will look cooler.
    Naruto Forever

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's another thing: there were no DBZ styled Sharingan techniques until Madara appeared. And that was only to show us a character who could compete with a bijuu. It's not the Sharingan that turned the manga into DBZ. On the contrary, the Sharingan is just playing keep up.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, saying that the Sharingan made everything else increase is a major flaw. The truth is that the Sharingan was upgraded (Susano'o) to keep up with Kishi's ridiculous power increases. The simple explanation for Susano'o, which is the ruin of the Sharingan to be frank, is that Kishi needed to implement a technique that could stand up to the destructive powers of Jinchuuriki (Naruto vs Sasuke in the future) as well as other increases in other characters. Susano'o is a convenient technique to eliminate almost any obstacle. Be it super fast characters or destructive techniques. I'll post more about this later, but Susano'o to me ruined a lot of the manga, and that's not the Sharingan's fault contrary to popular belief. It's the other way around, and it made it "necessary" for Kishi to introduce the broken non-Naruto'ish technique that is Susano'o.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The sharingan is still being compared to having a giant beats inside of you, that's imo not even the body vs eyes debate. Who stands a chance based on genetics compared to the wielders of the sharingan?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member darkprince0521's Avatar
    Country
    Bangladesh
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    That's another thing: there were no DBZ styled Sharingan techniques until Madara appeared. And that was only to show us a character who could compete with a bijuu. It's not the Sharingan that turned the manga into DBZ. On the contrary, the Sharingan is just playing keep up.
    may be. but that doesn't mean the manga isn't becoming a show of destructive power.
    Naruto Forever

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It's just Kishimoto's way of leveling the power tussle between Naruto and Sasuke.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Kishi just didn't want a Vegeta in his manga, so he had to take measures.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zasz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the Sharingan wasn't like it is now, Naruto's story would pretty much non-existent.
    Having said this, some powers of this eye are quite uber, but I think that what "ruined" the manga is the transplant-thingy; seriously, there are more Hashirama's cells than people in the Narutoverse.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I liked the hashirama cell idea when it was just one person who had them.

New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast