Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Was things really necessary?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Was things really necessary?

He doesn't have to know about the Kyuubi to be in control, otherwise he'd have kept attacking Haku even after seeing his face.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Did he know he went through a transitional state? He didn't even know how he over-came Haku's technique. It is obvious he was never in control.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Makes no sense since Naruto stopped attacking Haku by his own volition after seeing his face. Naruto probably didn't know how he was able to get the power to beat Haku's technique, but if Naruto was never in control, then he'd have kept hitting Haku, he wouldn't have stopped.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sharingan became a joke to me when it became something spammable. It was fine when there was a drawback (going blind). Hell, give it all the abilities you want to, but there has to be a drawback. Even for Naruto using the Kyuubi, there were drawbacks. Sudden regeneration that could end up causing worse damage down the line. Loss of control and hurting friends. Accidentally letting loose the Kyuubi when it wasn't all 'paws up, rub mah belleh'. Any ability that is given that has no drawback makes for crap storytelling IMO. Hell, even basic abilities have drawbacks in the form of possible chakra deprevation resulting in severe illness or even death.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member badluckartist's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: was this really needed

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    I think the problem here is everyone thinks that the Sharingan, in the way it was first introduced to us, is the "original" Sharingan and that it was never meant to be as powerful as it is now. That it's current power is "wrong" or even untruthful to the original canon. And I'd just like to know how the heck they came to that conclusion.
    Balance of power within the narrative is why its wrong. Just because it got this backstory about being descendent of some legendary Jesus-figure, doesn't make it's slow but steady imbalance of power any less lame. It extends from the same reason that everyone is pissed about "Hashirama cells solve everything!"

This story used to be about making the best out of what you have. Not learning that what you already had was better than anybody else in the entire world. That's kind of the opposite of the whole 'fighting fate' thing.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shahdan's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Makes no sense since Naruto stopped attacking Haku by his own volition after seeing his face. Naruto probably didn't know how he was able to get the power to beat Haku's technique, but if Naruto was never in control, then he'd have kept hitting Haku, he wouldn't have stopped.
    I already gave an answer to this.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badluckartist View Post
    Balance of power within the narrative is why its wrong. Just because it got this backstory about being descendent of some legendary Jesus-figure, doesn't make it's slow but steady imbalance of power any less lame. It extends from the same reason that everyone is pissed about "Hashirama cells solve everything!"

This story used to be about making the best out of what you have. Not learning that what you already had was better than anybody else in the entire world. That's kind of the opposite of the whole 'fighting fate' thing.
    How does that apply to the Sharingan, which was established as belonging to a well-noted clan in the beginning? Aside from the Rinnegan being added as another possible evolution, nothing about the Uchiha clan has been affected by the introduction of the whole Rikudou Sennin plot.

The whole fighting fate and suddenly learning you're destined to be better then everyone else thing really only applies to Naruto.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    How does that apply to the Sharingan, which was established as belonging to a well-noted clan in the beginning? Aside from the Rinnegan being added as another possible evolution, nothing about the Uchiha clan has been affected by the introduction of the whole Rikudou Sennin plot.

The whole fighting fate and suddenly learning you're destined to be better then everyone else thing really only applies to Naruto.
    *coughcough* Izanagi and Izanami *coughcough*

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know, wasn't Izanagi introduced before... Anyway, I should clarify. I meant that nothing "concerning fate or them being superior to everyone else" was introduced due to their connection with the Rikudou Sennin. That was already an established fact/opinion. The Senju and Uzumaki clans were really the ones elevated by that whole introduction.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shahdan View Post
    I already gave an answer to this.
    The answer doesn't work for me, though.

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rikudou King View Post
    I don't know, wasn't Izanagi introduced before... Anyway, I should clarify. I meant that nothing "concerning fate or them being superior to everyone else" was introduced due to their connection with the Rikudou Sennin. That was already an established fact/opinion. The Senju and Uzumaki clans were really the ones elevated by that whole introduction.
    Uchihas being superior to other clans was a Rikudou thing, since until then the manga told us Hyuugas > Uchihas in standing, and Hyuuga >= Uchihas in power

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shafagh's Avatar
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    Uchihas being superior to other clans was a Rikudou thing, since until then the manga told us Hyuugas > Uchihas in standing, and Hyuuga >= Uchihas in power
    back then kakashi even didn't belive in Rickodo ... and if I remember he said " some people think uchihas come from Hyuga clan ... " ... so it was a myth .... not a truth ...
    خداحافظ

Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

^ But not until the whole Rikudou Sennin came up we had any reason to believe Kakashi was mistaken

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall that. I know the Hyuuga clan was praised as Konoha's strongest clan, but that was well after we had learnt about the Uchiha clan being wiped out. And we had the Uchiha clan praised throughout Part One, such as by Lee during the Chuunin Exam and up into the massacre flashback. Both were also referred to as one of Konoha's noble clans, though the treatment of the other two clans on that list makes it not mean all that much I suppose.

Of course, I'm not discounting the fact that the Hyuuga clan clearly had superior taijutsu then the Uchiha clan. I believe their taijutsu strength was mentioned somewhere.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

^ But not until the whole Rikudou Sennin came up we had any reason to believe Kakashi was mistaken
    Actually, we did have reason to believe Kakashi could ahve been wrong. He didn't state anyhting as a fact, he merely said it was a rumor or that there was a possibility. He never said anything like Uchiha descending from Hyuuga or Sharingan descending from Byakugan definitely happened. Plus, nothing disproves Kakashi until it's confirmed that Hyuuga is not related to Rikudou Sennin at all. For all we know, Byakugan was the original eyes, which then mutated into Sharingan.

I mean, if you see Byakugan activated, there's a small ring near the pupil. When Sharingan is activated, whether regular or Mangekyo or even Eternal Mangekyo, there's a ring further away from the pupil, which could be two ripples from the Rinnegan. So far, it's not farfetched to assume Uchiha did descend from Hyuuga or that Hyuuga is part of Rikudou Sennin's lineage. Other than Hyuuga not getting any focus at all....

-_-

Fuck.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast