Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san by HIRAKATA Masahiro

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

WSJ Pirate Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san by HIRAKATA Masahiro

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san
    By: HIRAKATA Masahiro
    Genre: Action, Comedy, Shounen
    Serialized In: Weekly Shounen Jump (Shuiesha)

Summary:
    Meet the tiny police station of rejects, consisting of Kanjuurou the snide chief, Haruki the common pervert patrol officer, and Kiruko, the rookie policewoman… who also just happens to be an insanely strong former military mercenary! [from trinity BAKumA]
    Last edited by Koen; November 17, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [New] Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san by HIRAKATA Masahiro

Somehow I like the first chapter of this manga more than Hungry Joker first chapter. A former mercenary became a policewoman looks insane already, and in addition with that, a super pervert Haruki as her senpai . A very strong woman and a stupid man combined is not something new, but the interaction between Haruki and Kiruko compensates the simple premise and provides the biggest relish for this manga.

I'm looking forward for the second chapter.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly, same over here... I liked this first chapter more than the first chapter of Hungry Joker. However, you can not compare them since this one focuses more on comedy. If its potential is worked out well then this could become a refreshing, enjoyable manga.The characters were introduced on a lighthearted, comical way. The setting, the story itself is still a huge question. Will it have a main plot or will it continuously set out mini-arcs

There is one single danger: its genre. It cuts both way: it is somehow trying to jump on AC's bandwagon. Can it take profit from AC's huge success or will the action, comedy genre of AC do damage?
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

i will say this.this manga for now doesnt deserve the spot freed by KHR. i mean art is not bad but, dont we have enough of super hentai idiots and big-breasted girls already on jump(not to mention most shouen demographic). also this chapter seemed more like the attemp to make a milking manga then a serious first chapter to me.certainly based on tidbits about chars. and location we cant say anything but i am not overly optimistic about this 1. also there is no story to speak of as @koen mentioned . for now the vibe is, it will try to generate traction with some mini-arcs before any serious story line is introduced.thou i will conceide the fact that a former mercanary killing machine of a woman becoming police officer is certainly an interesting i dea.i also liked the crazy eye. hopefully with more chapters we can make heads or tails with this 1.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking forward to this since I really liked the guy's previous oneshot, but other than the art everything about it fell totally flat for me.

Main character openly wanting to sexually harass his junior officer is a terrible idea for a running gag and as soon as I realized most of the manga was probably going to be like this I was like "WELP, I'M OUT".

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

About the genre, I don't think there is so much problem with this one. I believe that a Comedy with a potential to be serious at times like this is also used by more well established series such as Gintama and Sket Dance, not only AC. This is also not a pure romance (which is proven to be a failure most of the time in Jump) thus I'm quite optimistic with the fate of Manga even though not much. Too early to tell by the first chapter.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well this is certainly the most surprising debut in jump for a while. First up, having the guts to be a police-related comedy in the mag that runs Kochikame? Damn! But to actually also be charming, funny and more than a little pretty? I've come away from this far more optimistic than I ever expected, and certainly more so than with Hungry Joker.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

like:
    storytelling, it's light hearted whimsical but has room for longer storyline, really reminded me of Alyosha
    characters: Kiruko is a beast full of good intentions, her senpai only chose the job to have an advantage on mixers, the boss is carefree to the point where it makes you sick, this has to be good

dislike:
    artstyle, just not my taste Iprefer more elaborate drawing styles, it has room to evolve thpigh, Kiruko is very interesting and cosplayable
    action: I know it's action comedy but it kinda was off because atm she is way overpowered (yeah thats the whole joke, I get it)

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the premise and Kiruko-san is awesome, but her Senpai's pervertedness was a bit much for me. In fact, he reminds me of another no-good police officer I absolutely hated: Ishigaki Jun.

The chapter was also all over the place, I think the author couldn't decide whether to go for situational gags or verbal gags. I hope its more situational though. Either way, I'll give chapter 2 a shot whenever it comes out! I am really grateful Trinity Bakuma released the first chapter so quickly.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member HalcyonDigest's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this series has the same problem for me that Hokenshitsu no Shinigami or early Reborn! chapters, it's a comedy that doesn't have good jokes. It's gonna have to rely solely on the character's personalities and back stories, so far I do like Kiruko but I don't like the main guy. Can't say I liked it but I didn't hate it, as of now I'm pretty indifferent towards it.

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Maxy Barnard's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't know about anyone else but chapter 2's hooked me for life. It's just such a feel-good, straightforward comedy series, using the absurdity of situations rather than complicated puns and the like, and that just keeps it so high quality to me.

It could still screw the pooch but this being a strange year of hits I've got a little bit of hope for it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

a little more coherent and clear than the 1. chapter but i still am not convinced this can go on but will go on till my cut off limit of 5 chapters. and @maxy is right this is a year of weird hits.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Second chapter is slightly better than the previous one. I found that the verbal jokes are quite funny, the jokes are relatively "safe" and not as absurd as Gintama or Sket Dance. I'm still doubting if this safe approach would be well received by the readers though. I assume that Jump readers preference is more absurd humors gag manga in general rather than a straight forward jokes. I'm looking forward to see its first ranking.

For those who turned off by Senpai's pervertedness in the previous chapter, worry no more. There are some scenes about the breasts and whatnot, but it's not as often as in the first chapter.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member vampire killer's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

the amount of fanarts is just ridiculous.... The story is fun and it`s refreshing to see it in jump. The only hope that it satys for more than 16 chapers.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bomber D Rufi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say that I quite like this series already. I'm really wary though seeing that this is WSJ, but with time I think it could be a pretty good series. The art bugs me a little bit, but I think this is a first time artist right? A lot of them improve when they've been drawing for a while so If this doesn't get slaughtered in infancy, then I can see that being a non issue as well.

I agree the jokes are 'safe' compared to Gintama and Sket dance, but as with any other gag series the main two things are jokes and characters. Right now I like Kiruko herself, so that's a good sign and while there hasn't been anything laugh out loud funny yet I have chuckled while reading the raws. I just really wish this was running in Shounen sunday or Magazine where it dying after 8 weeks wasn't such a high risk...I'd really like to see this succeed, even if it means I'll have to care about the TOC again.
    Current projects
    Gintama (Weekly)
    Saike Once Again (Weekly)
    Nejimaki Kagyuu (Weekly)
    Kiriwoterrible (Weekly)
    Hitoribocchi no shinrakusha (Monthly)
    Majimoji Rurumo (Monthly)
    Tenshi-chan & Akuma-kun (Monthly)

Requests Closed.
    requestsforrufi@gmail.com
    Read my writing here!
    http://alleycatcomics.pbworks.com/