Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Insert silly joke here]

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I think I never talk to you about my belief, not that I'm willing to. , Well, I was raised with a religion, but these days I consider my belief as a "freelancer". Still, when someone asked me I would answer I have a religion (it's a major religion, but neither Christian nor Catholic) but not on the internet, unfortunately.

Mmmm... I could not remember about that. When people are saying "You're going to cry when you watch/read this!" usually I wouldn't. I guess there should be an element of surprise before something could make me feel touched, either in a good or bad way. AnoHana is indeed emotional, but..how should I put it... considering all the story building that leads to the climax episode, I wasn't surprised if the story would end that way. Still, it was the best Anime of 2011.

I consider myself as a huge One Piece fan. But I'm not annoyed if people shit talking about it. I consider myself as an EVA geek. Yet, I won't get mad if some people say it's hilariously overrated. I consider myself as a massive Berserk fan. I won't mind if someone called the violence elements in Berserk is gratuitous. I think someone who gets mad for real over things as mundane as Manga or Anime is silly and needs to get a better life. I read a lot of Manga hence it's very difficult to determine which one I love the most. It depends on the mood, now I'm really in a mood for Naoki Urasawa, Asano Inio, and Kentaro Miura. I'm going to start Deadman Wonderland.
    Pfff, fine. We will talk about it in private then I can see why someone's uncomfortable with revealing his religion on the internet, though I feel like it's not really a big deal here on MH. At least it's my impression that most guys don't really care. Well it is interesting but it's not like it matters much. When vio told me she's muslim I didn't see her in a different way. People who do are lead by stupid prejudices anyway.

You don't even remember one anime/manga/scene that made you cry? that's pretty unusual
    I understand your arguments, though as long as nothing concrete is revealed I'm able to cry, even if it's not that surprising. I'm someone who's not crying much anyway, though I feel like it would be better to cry more often sometimes (I don't mean it in a "I want to cry every few days" way I think you get what I mean).
    Good thing you like Anohana or we would have a problem

Me neither, only exception is when people don't stop their bitching. Extreme hating is just annoying because I don't understand why people still read/watch something they obviously seem to dislike a lot....

And I noticed that you read/watch a lot. I've read and watched quite a lot too, though I feel like a beginner compared to you XD Our taste seems to be rather similar in most cases but I'm not that much of an OP fan. Or at least I'm not anymore, the quality just declined too much in my opinion.

Is there a specific reason why you're starting Deadman? It's a good manga, without a doubt. Nothing special but I'm a fan of the series

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Pfff, fine. We will talk about it in private then I can see why someone's uncomfortable with revealing his religion on the internet, though I feel like it's not really a big deal here on MH. At least it's my impression that most guys don't really care. Well it is interesting but it's not like it matters much. When vio told me she's muslim I didn't see her in a different way. People who do are lead by stupid prejudices anyway.

You don't even remember one anime/manga/scene that made you cry? that's pretty unusual
    I understand your arguments, though as long as nothing concrete is revealed I'm able to cry, even if it's not that surprising. I'm someone who's not crying much anyway, though I feel like it would be better to cry more often sometimes (I don't mean it in a "I want to cry every few days" way I think you get what I mean).
    Good thing you like Anohana or we would have a problem

Me neither, only exception is when people don't stop their bitching. Extreme hating is just annoying because I don't understand why people still read/watch something they obviously seem to dislike a lot....

And I noticed that you read/watch a lot. I've read and watched quite a lot too, though I feel like a beginner compared to you XD Our taste seems to be rather similar in most cases but I'm not that much of an OP fan. Or at least I'm not anymore, the quality just declined too much in my opinion.

Is there a specific reason why you're starting Deadman? It's a good manga, without a doubt. Nothing special but I'm a fan of the series
    No no, the problem is more like.. well, this is a public forum, everyone can read it. I do not mind reveal something private about myself, but not in a place where virtually everyone could see it. MH is a fun forum, of course it won't have any issue with religion, or so I thought. , and I think vio is not a Muslim, because she's celebrating Christmas.

Yep, I guess I'm quite unusual. I think the reason is because crying over fictional story is a one-moment thing, it could not be repeated, at least in my case. I guess that being emotionally touched when you're prepared is always difficult somehow.

Well, have to agree that the quality is dropping, but I don't think it's dropping to the point where I got fed up with the plot. I guess the revelation so far are fell flat, but the last arc is proven to be more interesting compared to the fisherman island arc, which is very slow. I started Deadman because you reminded me when you were recommending it to Uriel. I was going to pick it up a long time ago, but somehow I forgot.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No no, the problem is more like.. well, this is a public forum, everyone can read it. I do not mind reveal something private about myself, but not in a place where virtually everyone could see it. MH is a fun forum, of course it won't have any issue with religion, or so I thought. , and I think vio is not a Muslim, because she's celebrating Christmas.
    You think anyone will bother to check this place despite the usual suspects?
    Just PM me then~ I had an interesting talk with Shin about his religion in private too

It's indeed strange but I am/was so sure she said she was muslim maybe I'm wrong, have to ask her again when she shows up.

Yep, I guess I'm quite unusual. I think the reason is because crying over fictional story is a one-moment thing, it could not be repeated, at least in my case. I guess that being emotionally touched when you're prepared is always difficult somehow.
    Well that goes for you then, I know a lot of people who can cry over and over again because of a fictional story not that I'm much different compared to you though, there hardly is a fictional story that made me cry. AnoHana is the only series I remember that made me cry twice.

And are you prepared for something just because someone says it will be sad? Sure it makes you expect something that but that doesn't mean you can't be overwhelmed by what's happening. Just my opinion though, I guess you're different.

Well, have to agree that the quality is dropping, but I don't think it's dropping to the point where I got fed up with the plot. I guess the revelation so far are fell flat, but the last arc is proven to be more interesting compared to the fisherman island arc, which is very slow. I started Deadman because you reminded me when you were recommending it to Uriel. I was going to pick it up a long time ago, but somehow I forgot.
    Fishermen... great

Well I seriously considered to put the series on hold if the next arc would have been as bad as Fishmen Island was. Wasn't really that hard to put out a better story than this if you ask me, to me it was the worst Arc in a long long time. Not sure if there's any part in OP I would rate below.
    Punk Hazard was an up and down for me but I noticed that I'm back to looking forward to read it after the recent developments with Doflamingo. The heart trick by Law was quite a swift move too.

So did you read Deadman now?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Awww how cute, thanks Charles I want to return the favor but I can't come up with something at the moment so you will have to wait a bit

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    I'm stunned....

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: An Educator's longest day

Hi narunii! Why did you think fishman island was bad? I thought it was a standard great OP arc, I hope you
    don't think I'm just fan blinded and what is your thread topic about?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

You think anyone will bother to check this place despite the usual suspects?
    Just PM me then~ I had an interesting talk with Shin about his religion in private too

It's indeed strange but I am/was so sure she said she was muslim maybe I'm wrong, have to ask her again when she shows up
    Maybe I'm just paranoid, but that's the way I keep my life private, most of the time.
    You never online on Skype you bastard!

I'm pretty sure she's a Christian, though.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan
    Well that goes for you then, I know a lot of people who can cry over and over again because of a fictional story not that I'm much different compared to you though, there hardly is a fictional story that made me cry. AnoHana is the only series I remember that made me cry twice.

And are you prepared for something just because someone says it will be sad? Sure it makes you expect something that but that doesn't mean you can't be overwhelmed by what's happening. Just my opinion though, I guess you're different.
    Yes, I mean, element of surprise is essential to make me cry.. the funny thing is often fictional story moments that could make me cry does not deal with death/separation lol.

Fishermen... great

Well I seriously considered to put the series on hold if the next arc would have been as bad as Fishmen Island was. Wasn't really that hard to put out a better story than this if you ask me, to me it was the worst Arc in a long long time. Not sure if there's any part in OP I would rate below.
    Punk Hazard was an up and down for me but I noticed that I'm back to looking forward to read it after the recent developments with Doflamingo. The heart trick by Law was quite a swift move too.

So did you read Deadman now?
    Fisherman, I made a great typo, didn't I?

Yes, the whole deal with Doflamingo is pretty badass, I'm looking forward for more. Oda's foreshadowing technique is brilliant, so I believe he could make the next arc is more interesting than the previous arc.

I read the first two chapters, interesting enough for me to continue but I haven't have enough time to proceed to the next chapter. Probably during my holiday two weeks later I could catch up with it.

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

By the way, you better watch Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero soon

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Hi narunii! Why did you think fishman island was bad? I thought it was a standard great OP arc, I hope you
    don't think I'm just fan blinded and what is your thread topic about?
    Mostly lame/uninteresting characters, especially the villains. Zorro could have just one-shotted Hody back in the palace for all I care. He re-used the theme back from the Arlong Park too, nothing new there. Arlong was fine but an Arlong ripoff, who's supposed to be stronger because of some stupid drugs? Lame
    Oda is not the best at pacing either and here it eas especially horrible, some chapters felt like nothing happened. Twists were mostly boring too, Hody being responsible for Otome's death was so obvious and predictable. Even Shirahoshi being the Ancient weapon didn't really surprise me. Only good thing there was the twist with Big Mum.

I think that's mostly it, I hated this arc. I expected better things from Oda after the time-skip but in the end it wasn't any better than Bleach or Naruto in that aspect.

And my title is a reference to Sket Dance's latest chapter "A father's longest day" was fitting that I had an extremely hard time at work yesterday too, that's why I changed it.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but that's the way I keep my life private, most of the time.
    You never online on Skype you bastard!

I'm pretty sure she's a Christian, though.
    Yep, paranoid I don't really get what someone fears by revealing his religion or other similarly private stuff (as long as the people around him aren't completely random). Someone who dislikes it/dislikes me because of something stupid like that can just feck off, not like I care. If someone tries to judge me because of some little info then that's just laughable.

Not like I would reveal my full name or my adress to a lot of people but I think that's more or less the only stuff you have to be pretty careful about.

And I always forget to get on Skype. For some time it went instantly on when I started Windows but for some reason it stopped doing so and I was so used to it that I tend to forget about it nowadays just give me a PM if you see me here but not on Skype.

Yes, I mean, element of surprise is essential to make me cry.. the funny thing is often fictional story moments that could make me cry does not deal with death/separation lol.
    With what then?

Fisherman, I made a great typo, didn't I?

Yes, the whole deal with Doflamingo is pretty badass, I'm looking forward for more. Oda's foreshadowing technique is brilliant, so I believe he could make the next arc is more interesting than the previous arc.

I read the first two chapters, interesting enough for me to continue but I haven't have enough time to proceed to the next chapter. Probably during my holiday two weeks later I could catch up with it.
    Yep, that was great

Let's hope so, thus far the New World didn't impress me that much. I'm still waiting for a truly amazing arc like Shabondy, though it's still pretty early.

Okay, just give me your opinion when you've catched up then

By the way, you better watch Fate Stay Night and Fate Zero soon
    Okay So I guess I have to watch Fate Stay Night first? And then the movie before Fate/Zero? Not sure so I need your help.
    Will probably watch it after I finish Elfen Lied.

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

why the hell did I loose some posts?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

And I always forget to get on Skype. For some time it went instantly on when I started Windows but for some reason it stopped doing so and I was so used to it that I tend to forget about it nowadays just give me a PM if you see me here but not on Skype.
    I think you even haven't accepted my Skype yet?

With what then?
    Romantic stuff. Seriously, I'm like 12 years old girl.

Okay So I guess I have to watch Fate Stay Night first? And then the movie before Fate/Zero? Not sure so I need your help.
    Will probably watch it after I finish Elfen Lied.
    Yeah, I need to say that Fate/Stay Night Anime is godawful, especially if you play the visual novel, but I believe that you have to watch that first in order to understand the mechanism of Fate world. Once you got it, you can proceed directly to Fate/Zero. The movie of F/SN is basically just an "alternative" route of the plot, pretty much like Rebuild of the Evangelion in this sense. Chronologically Fate/Stay Night happened after Fate/Zero, but there is so much spoiler if you watch Fate/Zero first, which make your Fate/Stay Night watching moment much less enjoyable.

and also dont forget to try Gintama again

I lost several posts too.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

When were posts lost? I disabled post count in the FF on New Years. Other than that...

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    When were posts lost? I disabled post count in the FF on New Years. Other than that...
    I think I know the reason... posts in moderated thread would not be counted?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I know the reason... posts in moderated thread would not be counted?
    I don't know actually...which thread?

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I don't know actually...which thread?
    MH's Anime Award.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

I don't lose that much, so I assume it's from that place.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you given Gintama a chance again? I just watched an episode I found incredibly hilarious, much because of its extreme level of random

Seriously, watch episode 165. It has no relation to any plot, so a can watch by all means.

YES WE CAN!
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you even haven't accepted my Skype yet?

Romantic stuff. Seriously, I'm like 12 years old girl.

Yeah, I need to say that Fate/Stay Night Anime is godawful, especially if you play the visual novel, but I believe that you have to watch that first in order to understand the mechanism of Fate world. Once you got it, you can proceed directly to Fate/Zero. The movie of F/SN is basically just an "alternative" route of the plot, pretty much like Rebuild of the Evangelion in this sense. Chronologically Fate/Stay Night happened after Fate/Zero, but there is so much spoiler if you watch Fate/Zero first, which make your Fate/Stay Night watching moment much less enjoyable.

and also dont forget to try Gintama again

I lost several posts too.
    What a nice way of ignoring my speech about privacy matters

I've added you a while ago. Hopefully we will be able to talk sometimes in the next few days

Romantic stuff? So you're a sucker for romance? Surprising~

So what's more honest to the VN? The movie or the series? I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to stop a series midway and continue with the next but F/SN better not be that bad. I have a pretty hard time continuing a series if I don't really enjoy the first few episodes.

I will check out Gintama sometime but I doubt it will be anytime in the near future.

MH's Anime Award.
    Yep, that was it. Totally forgot the Award posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Have you given Gintama a chance again? I just watched an episode I found incredibly hilarious, much because of its extreme level of random

Seriously, watch episode 165. It has no relation to any plot, so a can watch by all means.

YES WE CAN!
    See above for an answer Will check it out later, right now I'm absolutely not in the mood to watch a comedy.

And it's so weird seeing you in red, blue kind of fits you more. Or maybe that's just because I'm so used to it
    Anyway, how are you doing? I forgot to answer your PM, sorry. Will do so later though. Ask Gary, it's pretty hard to have a long conversation with me through PM's

Thread Closed
Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 73 123 ... LastLast