Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 25 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: An Educator's longest day

TOO MUCH TO ANSWER!

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    What I want is for you to get into it again, not watch marathons or go crazy. I've watched 3 episodes the last three days now. Just not enough time at the end of the day when I usually watch some anime. I probably won't have time enough for more than 1 tonight either. Hopefully you'll have time for some soon. I can't stop laughing sometimes during the episodes. The quality in the comedy varies of course, but overall it's high quality and the serious arcs are seriously epic.

Anyway long answer: I'm good, but very busy lately. Tuesday-Thursday I got class the whole day + some case work etc. to do during the evenings, and between Friday-Monday we have case assignments that count towards the final grade. The one I have to finish for Tuesday now counts 30%, so it requires a lot of work. Kind of exhausting really, but I'm looking forward to these days now either way as I know they will be otherwise quiet. Kind of sleep depraved too, but I will luckily catch up on some sleep on Friday.

WHAT ABOUT YOU.
    Haha I get your point, I just don't like it to watch one or two episodes per day of something new (and something I'm not totally fond of yet) when I have so much else to watch. I tend to be slow at first and then watch episode after episode when I'm really hooked and I hate to disturb that by watching other series in-between. The problem is I can't wait long because otherwise the episode will start piling up.
    Meh, maybe I'm just making excuses because the first few episodes didn't impress me much I don't doubt that it's a good series but I questioning if it's my kind of humor. Dunno, I heard it improves later. Maybe I will just do what Zel that and skip the first twenty or so episodes.

Sounds quite harsh, good luck! Though I'm pretty sure you will do fine I think you told me once what you're studying but I totally forgot

My days probably are less busy. Right now there's one huge project I have to prepare together with a friend. We're visiting the place we worked at (for practical training) each week (every wednesday) and have to come up, plan and execute a project together with a group of kids. That means a protocol and a situation analysis each week together with all the planning stuff. Besides that it's some assignments and papers every week, annoying but feasible.

huh? From your thread?

Who knows

I forgot to say, please do give recs (when time). It's always nice to have things on your list.

Ah I'm not sure what you've watched yet, do you have some kind of list. At the top of my head I can rec Hunter x Hunter 2011 (time you check it out, damnit XD), AnoHana (that's more or less a slice-of-life drama, not sure how interested you are), Monogatari Series (pretty sure you watched Bakemono, not sure about Nise and Neko), Tekkon Kinkreet (a movie, might make for a good short watch) and Hellsing Ultimate. Trying to think of things you might like, not sure what kind of series you're feeling like watching right now.
    And of course the ongoing Psycho-Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    But there's no way Oda could have created the suspense if the enemy is not seen as a threat , besides they had to go to fishman island in order to reach the new world and it was a good place to show off the SH new powers, the drugs were essential. Imagine if the strawhats have trouble with them without drugs..it would play down the 2 years.
    The problem here is that even with the drugs, the new Fishmen Pirates were just weaklings compared to the Strawhats. Most people knew they weren't a threat and the Strawhat could have oneshoted them right from the start. That's my main issue here together with the whole group being neither cool nor funny which made them ultra lame.
    I was like "Just goddamn finish them, pleeeeeeeeeease!" all the time, it felt like horribly dragging out the obvious.

I agree that hody being responsible for otome's death was predictable but ehh, Oda didn't need to let us know that hody was the culprit until later on because the point of the whole flashback was about FI hatred towards humans. I agree with the pacing of FI island too, it felt too much like Marineford and less like pre-war chapters, it's like every chapter have to end with a cliffhanger but then again, I think Oda needs time to get the perfect pace because he is now managing 10 characters and have to give them equal screen-time.
    Not saying it's perfect but it's far from worst and every SHhad a chance to shine.
    What I meant is that there was no real good plot twist, nothing that would make you "" or "" in-between, it's not enough if there's only one good plot twist at the end of the arc.

True, managing 10 characters is really hard. So far Oda failed to give them near to equal attention, but I don't blame him there because it's a really difficult feat. Maybe that's a reason why the pacing was so bad but if that was the reason he didn't achieve it. I didn't want to say the pacing was horrible for no good reason but it still doesn't change the fact that it was bad, if for a good reason or not.

I could go into way more details here but I don't want to turn this into a huge One Piece discussion, as I'm just not interested enough in the series atm. I just can't understand the high ratings for OP through the whole FI Arc or people saying it was a good arc. Seriously, it's beyond me. That's not meant as an offense but I don't understand it.

I could argue forever but I really disagree with this. One piece's arc after time skip is by far better than the other two with so much flaws that I can make a list.

Ah but Gintama's timeskip arc is the best.
    well I think comparing isn't a good idea anyway, usually it comes just down to personal bias. I just expected more from Oda, I wouldn't call the timeskip more than averagely executed.

And really, you don't need to start anywhere with Gintama. Just picked up a random episode like I did when I first started (25?) and you'll just start to love it, as long as that episode isn't a serious one
    So I can start with episode 25? O__o I watched the first few episodes so I know the mainies but isn't there anything important before. If you say it doesn't matter much I will most likely do just that and start at ep 25 just like you.

Must had been a tough day how are things usually?
    Thanks! It's okay usually, it's not that I went back frustrated. I just had a damn lot to do but I enjoy my work so it was totally fine. Don't get the wrong impression though, I still attend school, I was talking about my side job. There's still half a year left until I will start working full-time.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Because I discovered F/Z first? yuki gave me F/Z, not F/sn, so I went with that first. After watching F/Z I found out about F/sn, and when I checked it out I was rather disappointed. When I started with F/Z it did take me a while to understand the whole system but I think the first episode did a great job explaining it.

Yeah, sadly. You know, uni and such.

No problem, I understand that kind of feeling. We all have it regularly. And thanks! Trying to enjoy it to the fullest indeed. :P
    Well then yuki probably deemed it less important to watch F/SN first not sure what to do, really. Maybe I will watch F/SN first, maybe F/Z.

Yeah, I know. Sadly

Haha, yeah Let's see how it goes, I'm sure I can endure half a year. It's not like there are years to go like in your case :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Hi there. This is my first WE break since...very long. Looking for a truly funny anime serie (a limited serie, not a 300+episodes I'll never be able to catch up) which can relieve my absolute crappy mood.

There is a lot of talk about Gintama but there are like 250+ episodes. Maybe I'll start to watch little by little but if you also have something else in mind you'd recommend me, I'd welcome it.
    Hey Gatsu~

I appreciate that you ask me but uh... I haven't really watched that much comedy. If anything, I would recommend Sket Dance. Really funny and the anime did a good job of adapting the first 130 chapters or so. It's 77 episodes long and is finished by now so there's no hurry to catch up. People always argue if Gintama or Sket Dance is the better comedy. Not like I can judge that as I haven't watched much of Gintama yet but I enjoyed Sket Dance quite a lot, definitely worth checking out if you're looking for something funny

AND YAY, FINISHED!

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

STEINS;GATE!? Seen it?

Little by little is what I'm doing. Sadly, I'm the only one who talks about it. I'm going to make Jammin my new BFF on the web.
    He said truly funny dude

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't catch that Gats asked for comedy

Skimming over posts ftw
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

STEINS;GATE!? Seen it?

Little by little is what I'm doing. Sadly, I'm the only one who talks about it. I'm going to make Jammin my new BFF on the web.
    Stein;gate doesn't seem focused on comedy, it seems like a more serious sci-fi. Well I guess I'll take a look if you insist.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

@niichan : you're an anime nerd on my book, or part of the club. 77 episodes ? Ouch. I'll check it out, along with Gintama (hoping to not be swallowed by an anime frenzy).

@Nuno : tricked by my avy. It happens.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Haha I get your point, I just don't like it to watch one or two episodes per day of something new (and something I'm not totally fond of yet) when I have so much else to watch. I tend to be slow at first and then watch episode after episode when I'm really hooked and I hate to disturb that by watching other series in-between. The problem is I can't wait long because otherwise the episode will start piling up.
    Meh, maybe I'm just making excuses because the first few episodes didn't impress me much I don't doubt that it's a good series but I questioning if it's my kind of humor. Dunno, I heard it improves later. Maybe I will just do what Zel that and skip the first twenty or so episodes.

Sounds quite harsh, good luck! Though I'm pretty sure you will do fine I think you told me once what you're studying but I totally forgot

My days probably are less busy. Right now there's one huge project I have to prepare together with a friend. We're visiting the place we worked at (for practical training) each week (every wednesday) and have to come up, plan and execute a project together with a group of kids. That means a protocol and a situation analysis each week together with all the planning stuff. Besides that it's some assignments and papers every week, annoying but feasible.
    To be honest I don't think you will miss much if you skip the first 20 episodes. It's the first time I say this about any series, but it's not a bad choice at all. I don't remember exactly what happens there, but I assume you get introduced slowly to most of the secondary characters. What you basically need to know is:

1) Gintoki, Shinpachi and Kagura are "jack of all trades workers that mostly do very random stuff"
    2) Kagura is from another planet (sort of like a Saiyan if you go by Dragon Ball comparisons). She's very strong physically.
    3) Shinpachi is useless, and will never be useful physically. His only role in the story is to deliver punch lines. LOL.
    4) Gintoki & CO have their "office" in the house that belongs to a woman that runs a bar. They constantly struggle to pay their rent.
    5) Gintoki is a samurai, and former fighter against the invading Aliens that have taken over Edo. He had two companions. Katsura (Gaara's seiyuu) who he's still good friends with, and is perhaps the best secondary character (extremely funny), and Takasugi who is sort of the villain in the story.
    6) Gintoki & CO clash with the "police" all the time, whom they are somewhat friends with at the same time. Always excellent episodes.
    7) Lots of random.

Sorry about that, should be a proper recap, and perhaps spoilers, lol. Very minor anyway.

Economy. Strategy, leadership and economic management

Ah, ganbatte! Hand out bans to the kids if they misbehave.

Ah I'm not sure what you've watched yet, do you have some kind of list. At the top of my head I can rec Hunter x Hunter 2011 (time you check it out, damnit XD), AnoHana (that's more or less a slice-of-life drama, not sure how interested you are), Monogatari Series (pretty sure you watched Bakemono, not sure about Nise and Neko), Tekkon Kinkreet (a movie, might make for a good short watch) and Hellsing Ultimate. Trying to think of things you might like, not sure what kind of series you're feeling like watching right now.
    And of course the ongoing Psycho-Pass.

Oh no, the HxH topic again.

I haven't watched any of the Monogatari series actually.

All in all those two as well as P-P seem like good recs. My main fear about HxH is that I will end up liking it, almost FORCING myself to read the dreadful sketch manga. Oh no the pain...

Also you pose a good question, as I don't know what I want to watch myself. I guess I'm rather neutral. I'm enjoying Gintama, and that's a little of everything usually.

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Stein;gate doesn't seem focused on comedy, it seems like a more serious sci-fi. Well I guess I'll take a look if you insist.

@niichan : you're an anime nerd on my book, or part of the club. 77 episodes ? Ouch. I'll check it out, along with Gintama (hoping to not be swallowed by an anime frenzy).

No way, not Sket Dance instead

Just watch Gintama slowly-aru! (you will get it)

Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't catch that Gats asked for comedy

Skimming over posts ftw
    (I really like that one )

Time to answer my post dude

Steins;Gate is pretty damn good but far from being a comedy. Probably not something to watch if you're in a horrible mood but definitely among the best anime I've seen.

Anime nerd? well I guess I deserve that title, somehow. Comedy is the one thing I'm not really knowledgeable about though, as I've always prefered a serious (and ofc good) story. Probably wouldn't have watched and read Sket Dance all the way if there weren't some serious parts in-between.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

(I really like that one )

Time to answer my post dude
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

@niichan : You can confess me you're holding an (secret ?) otaku room, filled by posters, DVDs, puppets, toys still in their box, and stuff I won't be able to name.
    Spoiler show
    Last edited by Gats; January 18, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I beg you to watch Gintama at least until Yoshiwara arc finished, after that, I will listen your complain wholeheartedly about how boring Gintama is, niichan.

@Nuno

So I'm not your BFF, huh? I watch Gintama too

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I beg you to watch Gintama at least until Yoshiwara arc finished, after that, I will listen your complain wholeheartedly about how boring Gintama is, niichan.

@Nuno

I will start posting in your thread too.

But say what, do you think it was that bad after that? (The Yoshiwara arc was AMAZING btw, Kevin, Benizakura too, but the former was even better). I watched Yoshiwara recently, say, two weeks ago perhaps? And I think it's been about as good after as before. I haven't really noticed a drop in quality.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be like that dude

@niichan : You can confess me you're holding an (secret ?) otaku room, filled by posters, DVDs, puppets, toys still in their box, and stuff I won't be able to name.
    Spoiler show
    buhaha, I'm sorry but I don't have such a room. Surprisingly enough I don't really own any Otaku stuff, which is related to the bad quality and availability over here. Not like I would buy a figurine lol but some quality anime and manga, definitely. Sadly a lot aren't even released over here and if they only have the mostly shitty german dub I won't bother buying. Getting stuff from the US or Japan is too expensive to me at the moment but that's a big reason why I want to visit Japan. I just need some Otaku stuff

@Nuno

lol, I'm not judging Gintama Doku just saying that I didn't like the first few episodes that much. That doesn't have to mean anything, really. It's just so much to catch up but I promise if Zel tells me I can skip the first twenty episodes I will try it out soon

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

But say what, do you think it was that bad after that? (The Yoshiwara arc was AMAZING btw, Kevin, Benizakura too, but the former was even better). I watched Yoshiwara recently, say, two weeks ago perhaps? And I think it's been about as good after as before. I haven't really noticed a drop in quality.
    He probably wanted to say that the Yoshiwara is sooo good that I would never dare to say Gintama is boring after watching the arc

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

No, I don't think they were bad at all.. I mean, of course it's very difficult to maintain the epicness of Yoshiwara arc, so if some people might feel underwhelmed by several arcs after that, it's normal I guess. Another episodes with great arcs: 177-181, 210-214,244-247, 253-256.. but you still have a long and joyous way to go, so just take it slowly, no need to rush.

lol, I'm not judging Gintama Doku just saying that I didn't like the first few episodes that much. That doesn't have to mean anything, really. It's just so much to catch up but I promise if Zel tells me I can skip the first twenty episodes I will try it out soon
    Okay, happy to hear that

Sket Dance is good, but Gintama is great

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly close to 177, that's good news! So far everything after 70 has been a surprise to me, in regards of knowing when epicness hits. I will not reread your post in hopes of forgetting the numbers.

I'm going to take it super slow. I don't have enough time during my dedicated anime/series hours to really go nuts.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Mh considering that Gintama is that long, maybe I should try to read a bunch of chapters/volumes of the manga first, can go faster that way, then watch the anime halfway or something. Unless if the anime is much better than the manga itself.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly close to 177, that's good news! So far everything after 70 has been a surprise to me, in regards of knowing when epicness hits. I will not reread your post in hopes of forgetting the numbers.

I'm going to take it super slow. I don't have enough time during my dedicated anime/series hours to really go nuts.
    Yeah, good things have to be taken slowly.. I think I already posted in your thread, the greatest arc in Gintama so far, is currently airing.. so if you feel bored at some point, just keep watching.

Mh considering that Gintama is that long, maybe I should try to read a bunch of chapters/volumes of the manga first, can go faster that way, then watch the anime halfway or something. Unless if the anime is much better than the manga itself.
    I suggest not to read Gintama manga unless you already became a fan. Seriously, it will turn your interest down. It's very texty, filled with heavy references of Japanese cultures, not to mention that the dialogues are absurd most of the time.. Gintama is a series where I could say that the Anime is much better than the manga itself.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't think you will miss much if you skip the first 20 episodes. It's the first time I say this about any series, but it's not a bad choice at all. I don't remember exactly what happens there, but I assume you get introduced slowly to most of the secondary characters. What you basically need to know is:

1) Gintoki, Shinpachi and Kagura are "jack of all trades workers that mostly do very random stuff"
    2) Kagura is from another planet (sort of like a Saiyan if you go by Dragon Ball comparisons). She's very strong physically.
    3) Shinpachi is useless, and will never be useful physically. His only role in the story is to deliver punch lines. LOL.
    4) Gintoki & CO have their "office" in the house that belongs to a woman that runs a bar. They constantly struggle to pay their rent.
    5) Gintoki is a samurai, and former fighter against the invading Aliens that have taken over Edo. He had two companions. Katsura (Gaara's seiyuu) who he's still good friends with, and is perhaps the best secondary character (extremely funny), and Takasugi who is sort of the villain in the story.
    6) Gintoki & CO clash with the "police" all the time, whom they are somewhat friends with at the same time. Always excellent episodes.
    7) Lots of random.

Sorry about that, should be a proper recap, and perhaps spoilers, lol. Very minor anyway.

Economy. Strategy, leadership and economic management

Ah, ganbatte! Hand out bans to the kids if they misbehave.
    That's good to hear, I will probably give it another try.
    And good thing that I know everything you mentioned besides the guy who's a villain Katsura is that guy who is still going against the aliens right? I remember he was the terrorist in one of the episodes I watched, or am I wrong?

Leadership huh? so you're going to be some big player in the economic business? XD

Haha easier said than done but I'm such a good educator, the kids all listen to me There are one or two more problematic ones but I won't be working with them lol

Oh no, the HxH topic again.

I haven't watched any of the Monogatari series actually.

All in all those two as well as P-P seem like good recs. My main fear about HxH is that I will end up liking it, almost FORCING myself to read the dreadful sketch manga. Oh no the pain...

Also you pose a good question, as I don't know what I want to watch myself. I guess I'm rather neutral. I'm enjoying Gintama, and that's a little of everything usually.
    That sketches stuff again? Dude, that happened in one part of the manga (Beginning of Chimera Ant Arc, which is one of the latest arcs and the longest one so far) and there are volume scans out there which are far from being sketches, Togashi did his normal drawings there so that's nothing to worry about. He may not be a Kubo but his drawings are totally fine, most of the time. If anything, the backgrounds are nonexistent or sketchy sometimes but that's not really different to Kubo there
    I can assure you that by the time you've watched all the so far released episodes, there probably are only two arcs left you need to read anyway (the mentioned Chimera Ant (really long) and one damn awesome one).

No Monogatari series yet...? Are you kidding me? Holy mother of god that should be your top priority right after HxH. It's probably a hit or miss for you there, you will know after watching 2 episodes.

No way, not Sket Dance instead

Just watch Gintama slowly-aru! (you will get it)

What's wrong with Sket Dance?

Okay, happy to hear that

Sket Dance is good, but Gintama is great
    Lol we shall see, it's all about personal taste

Thread Closed
Page 25 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast