Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Doku will always be my disciple

What anime you watching?

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Skyguardian View Post
    Don't worry about it niichan-sama.
    If you say so

First german title since 2001... I don't support Bayern or the BVB but this is just outstanding and awesome. What a season. \o/
    For Barca... They are nothing without Messi it seems.

Indeed no one would have guessed such an outcome at the start of the season XD

Media Economics and I work as a Night Audit in a hotel.
    Media Economics? As what can you work when you're finished with your studying? Erzähls mir ruhig auf Deutsch, ist vielleicht ein wenig einfacher XD

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    What anime you watching?
    Oregairu, SnK, Hataraku, Gargantia, Red Data Girl, OreImo S2, Kakumeiki Valvrave, HenNeko, Devil Survivor 2.
    I dropped Karneval, just too boring.

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    If you say so
    Don't be like that...

Quote Quote:
    Indeed no one would have guessed such an outcome at the start of the season XD
    Indeed. If I had made a bet at the start of the CL season I'd be rich by now...

Quote Quote:
    Media Economics? As what can you work when you're finished with your studying? Erzähls mir ruhig auf Deutsch, ist vielleicht ein wenig einfacher XD
    Um es mit den Worten einiger älterer Studenten zu sagen: Du hast von Allem etwas Ahnung aber von keiner Sache so richtig.
    Man kann quasi alles machen auf was man Bock hat. Von einem Job beim Fernsehen bis hin zu einer leitenden Position in irgendeinem Unternehmen. Medienwirtschaft ist ja sowieso ein halbes BWL/VWL Studium.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't be like that...

Indeed. If I had made a bet at the start of the CL season I'd be rich by now...
    lol rich is a bit of an exaggeration I guess or how much money would you be able to bet?

Um es mit den Worten einiger älterer Studenten zu sagen: Du hast von Allem etwas Ahnung aber von keiner Sache so richtig.
    Man kann quasi alles machen auf was man Bock hat. Von einem Job beim Fernsehen bis hin zu einer leitenden Position in irgendeinem Unternehmen. Medienwirtschaft ist ja sowieso ein halbes BWL/VWL Studium.
    XD hmm I see, so what are you going to do after you're finished then? And it sounds like you're not really fond of "Medienwirtschaft" so why did you start it anyway?

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

lol rich is a bit of an exaggeration I guess or how much money would you be able to bet?
    Well the odds were pretty good... I remember someone who had 4:0 wins for Bayern and Dortmund on his ticket for the first leg of the CL semi finals... He would've gotten 13000€ while only betting 3€. Thanks to Hummels he got nothing...

I could only bet ~10€ per month... I'm broke.

Quote Quote:
    XD hmm I see, so what are you going to do after you're finished then? And it sounds like you're not really fond of "Medienwirtschaft" so why did you start it anyway?
    I am fond of it. I'm not 100% sure what I will do later so it's good to have a lot of options.
    I just hate our law faculty.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

You completely ignored my question of your thoughts how expensive it might be as someone who has paid a visit to japan several times I guess you should have a good idea
    Es tut mir leid! I honestly didn't know so that's why there was no answer. I'm spoiled whenever I go to Japan so people end up *cough* paying for me *cough*.

If you can, you should definitely take this opportunity to convert some Euros to Yen since the latter is weak at the moment. (1 euro = 130 yen) Even though you may not go to Japan right away, at least you'll have a handful of Japanese money for later. I had to convert some yens to euros for this trip, and I was sad that it didn't amount to much.

Quote Quote:
    well, obviously a lot depends on the place you stay at and what you're buying. I did some research a year ago or so (didn't do more because the friend I wanted to travel with couldn't come with me ) and I think I found some cheap places in Tokyo, but most were already occupied. I feel like you need to prepare in advance to get a chance. Back then it was around 2 month before our travel so I guess next time I should plan half a year ahead or so XD I believe the flight was pretty expensive too, something around 300-500 euro or so? I'm really not sure but I know I felt like it was really expensive
    So what do you think when I stay at an average place, spending an average amount on food (+manga/anime ) and so on for 10 days? My guess would be around 1500-2000 euro.
    I talked to my mom since she knows more than me, and she said that she recommends going to Japan in autumn (October/November) or spring (May). She also referred to this website for more info: http://www.gotokyo.org/index.html

Here's what I know: the average manga tankobon for a weekly manga costs 320 yen while a weekly magazine is around 280 yen. (I'm sorry I can only do the calculations in yen.) DVDs are expensive since they're on average 3000 yen or so with very few extra features. CDs are expensive too. I wouldn't recommend getting them unless you really love the series or the artist. If you go to second hand bookstores like BOOK OFF, the price will be much cheaper. Perhaps you can make a list of what you want to buy in Japan, and I will try my best to see how much those would cost all together. Of course we'll have to add 10000 yen or so on top of that sum just in case you want to indulge a little more.

If you don't want to cook and want cheap food, you can check out 7-11. Their bentos are under 500 yen while their rice balls are no more than 200 yen.

Quote Quote:
    And ofc I will enjoy everything manga/anime related to it's fullest
    You should! FYI generally most shows for "grown ups" (i.e. not Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh) happen to be broadcast late in the night like 1AM. Perhaps that's the reason why the Western fandom knows more about anime than the average Japanese person. XD

Japanese variety shows are ridiculous and funny so I also recommend watching those even if they're not anime.

Quote Quote:
    Yep, it really is Not sure if we have a city here which is named after a famous canadian city but I could do some research XD
    It would be interesting if there was a place in Germany that shared a name with a Canadian city.

BTW four of my classmates are part German: two have German mothers, and the other two have German fathers (or have German ancestry) judging from their last names.

Quote Quote:
    Aww, that's a shame =/ but if you're interested in literature I'm sure you can find some really good works here~
    I went to a lecture, and the professor was talking about von Kleist. I didn't catch what he was saying, but I got the idea of what the lecture was about.

Quote Quote:
    Definitely british. I know a lot of american-english words but the accent often is extremely weird. Some words are spoken in a way I never would have guessed XD It's probably because we barely listened to american-english in school but focused a lot more on the british. The best example might be "Game of Thrones". I always download the subtitles to be safe because it often happens that I don't understand a word or half a sentence because I'm all "wtf did he just say?" and then I read the subtitles and see it's a word I know but just didn't understand because the accent is so different.
    Japanese students learn American English, and it makes sense for Europeans to study British English since it's closer. Sometimes I, as a native speaker, don't understand what the Game of Thrones characters are saying either so it's definitely okay if you don't understand. LOL For example the wildlings have a Scottish accent, and IMO that's one accent where I have to listen really carefully in order to get what the speaker is saying. Some American English accents such as those from the South can be really hard to understand too.

Quote Quote:
    Wow, really? I think I would the same pronounciation for ough in thought and ought. I'm not sure if I use anything close to 11 different kinds of "ough", maybe 5 or so XD
    Now that you think about it, I'd pronounce thought and ought the same way too. I think it all depends on the English accent though. Now that we're talking about accents, I wonder if you'd be able to understand me if we meet. :3

I know that the German language has many different dialects, but do you speak differently from other German speakers such as those from Berlin or München? How different is Austrian and Swiss German from German German?

Quote Quote:
    I doubt it's going to be that fast, it takes a lot of experience to adapt to the certain way of speaking in the different countries and german really isn't an easy language. Who knows though, maybe you will be able to pull it off so good luck =)
    That's true. My Japanese is nowhere near the level of a native speaker either.

Hopefully by the end of this trip, I'll be able to improve my pronunciation and catch individual words at least. I have TV in my apartment so I turn it on to practice my listening.

Quote Quote:
    Haha they really do, just like back then That really puts me back when I was totally new on the site, you were the first person I had really long talks with. Dunno how exactly it happens but I remember we saw each other sometimes at the Otaku Cafe and then I headed over to your place. Feels like ages ago, I was such a "noob" back then (in the sense of knowing nearly nothing about Mangahelpers)
    I feel like you're still the kind person from back then but I wonder if you think I changed?
    I remember too! I can't believe it's been a while ago now. Since I was kind of new myself, I felt flattered that you decided to drop by.

I think you've become more outgoing ever since you became a mod. It's a good thing, and now I'm wondering what you're like in real life since we might actually meet face to face! Are you the social type or are you more introverted and shy?

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are you asking? Well, I planned to go there for quite some time but when I wanted to go there last year, my friend couldn't join so the plans were destroyed dunno when exactly I will have the chance again but I will definitely go to Japan at some point.
    Just curious. Since I also deeply hope for that to happen in my life, but maybe not this year, haha.

Yep, pretty much. May just be me, because there's only one month left and my motivation is more or less at the bottom I know I have to hold on though, to guarantee good grades. I'm pretty fine with what I've got so far, the worst I got in nearly 5 years was a C+ (a 3 in germany, which 1 being the best and 6 being the worst) once. I need to do a bit more though, because besides my main exams, I really did less the last 1-2 months q___q
    I can't allow any of my grades to fall below a B (2) but that's just my personal... demand? (in the sense that I don't want it go any lower). I only have 2 or 3 A's so I want the rest to be B at least.

LOL you have a chance to relax but you're still working hard? That's so like you

And it is true, though I believe he only made a bad joke
    I know, we use similar system for our grading here. I'm trying hard to stay safe with at least B, but I'm trying to be able to get B+ as much as I can too, because A is just impossible for me to reach, lol. My only A are from the first semester.

FIGHTIIING~

That's how my life is. Basically, there is no break, lol.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

How was Berlin?

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

You are a better Renekton than the last time we played. I could notice that

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught up

To freaking fast, fk!!!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Just curious. Since I also deeply hope for that to happen in my life, but maybe not this year, haha.
    but aren't you closer to Japan than I am? but yeah, I guess we just need more time and money, right? XD though I'm not sure when I will have both *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I know, we use similar system for our grading here. I'm trying hard to stay safe with at least B, but I'm trying to be able to get B+ as much as I can too, because A is just impossible for me to reach, lol. My only A are from the first semester.

FIGHTIIING~

That's how my life is. Basically, there is no break, lol.
    That's good, isn't it? I imagine your study is harder than mine B+ or B- doesn't really matter to me though, because only the B is shown on paper :P I just don't want any C so I'm trying especially hard in subjects were I'm close to C to make sure my B stays.

Awww, I'm feeling with you my hard-working daughter

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    How was Berlin?
    Already sent you a PM but you did not answer again

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    You are a better Renekton than the last time we played. I could notice that
    Thank you, I feel like I improved too Not too good yet but it's going better, especially since I started to take care of my runes

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I caught up

To freaking fast, fk!!!
    so what are your thoughts regarding some of the plot twists (I'm sure I don't need to mention them)? And I guess you enjoyed it?

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Will answer the rest later or tomorrow, not enough time atm

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually coming to spam your place now and you tell me you don't have time?
    Exams?

BTW started watching Shingeki (3 episodes so far) and caught up with the manga. I just hate the fact that is monthly :/

PS. Runes are a big deal

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    I was actually coming to spam your place now and you tell me you don't have time?
    Exams?

BTW started watching Shingeki (3 episodes so far) and caught up with the manga. I just hate the fact that is monthly :/

PS. Runes are a big deal
    Word. Though I've watched all the episodes (5). Had you watched the fifth episode you would have likely instantly started reading the manga, like I did.

And yeah, the monthly issue really turns me off... It's kind of sad as you plow through the chapter rather quickly. Having enjoyed the story it'll suck dry balls to have to wait a whole month for every issue. It's more bearable with weekly series. It's why I've stopped reading all the monthly series I used to follow. Thankfully FMA ended long ago, but that's likely the only exception I would have kept until now.

niichan I will answer you later. Don't go all QQ on me.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I read the manga way before the anime started, and even though i was interested by the story, just like you monthly issue turns me off a lot. That's why i am normally behind in chapters. And i tend to forget a lot of stuff, and nowadays i barely remember some parts, but i guess the anime will help on that.
    The anime seems to be awesomely done so far!

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

@niichan: I really like the concept, like I've mentioned before. The art style in the manga is really rough, to put it that way, and I find it great and fitting of the series. It's quite unique, and it's very effective for displaying the grim nature in the series, and the creepiness of the titans. A really enjoyable read. I sat up very late the first night when I started reading the manga after watching episode 5 after midnight. It's kind of sad how quickly you plow through the chapters however.

Regarding the plot twists. I'll just comment the recent one:
    Spoiler show

20. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast