Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: An Educator's longest day

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    What a nice way of ignoring my speech about privacy matters

I've added you a while ago. Hopefully we will be able to talk sometimes in the next few days

Romantic stuff? So you're a sucker for romance? Surprising~

So what's more honest to the VN? The movie or the series? I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to stop a series midway and continue with the next but F/SN better not be that bad. I have a pretty hard time continuing a series if I don't really enjoy the first few episodes.

I will check out Gintama sometime but I doubt it will be anytime in the near future.
    Wut? I think we already closed the deal about my privacy issues , that's pretty much my stance in general on talking with strangers on the internet, really.

Yeah, we should. The problem is normally you are online when the majority of Asian people are still sleeping.

A good romance is a must. Cheesy romance is a huge no.

Well, the VN covers three routes. The series cover the first route, while the movie covers the 2nd route of ending. Both of them are honest to the VN, but still, they cannot be compared to the VN. Probably I would rephrase it: Fate Stay/Night Anime is quite dull, especially during the first 5-10 episodes.. but the most important thing that you should seek when watching F/SN is how the Fate world franchise works.. other than that, I don't even recommend F/SN as a decent source of entertainment during your spare time. It's your choice really. If you watch F/Zero first you might get confused even though only a little bit at the beginning.

By the way, the one who commanded you to watch Gintama is a red. Now you have to watch it ASAP.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

*barged in*

I watched F/Z before F/sn. Personally I think F/Z is way better in terms of plot presentation and animation.

And hello, Dad. Been a while. How are you?

*walks out to check other things*

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Wut? I think we already closed the deal about my privacy issues that's pretty much my stance in general on talking with strangers on the internet, really.

Yeah, we should. The problem is normally you are online when the majority of Asian people are still sleeping.

A good romance is a must. Cheesy romance is a huge no.

Well, the VN covers three routes. The series cover the first route, while the movie covers the 2nd route of ending. Both of them are honest to the VN, but still, they cannot be compared to the VN. Probably I would rephrase it: Fate Stay/Night Anime is quite dull, especially during the first 5-10 episodes.. but the most important thing that you should seek when watching F/SN is how the Fate world franchise works.. other than that, I don't even recommend F/SN as a decent source of entertainment during your spare time. It's your choice really. If you watch F/Zero first you might get confused even though only a little bit at the beginning.

By the way, the one who commanded you to watch Gintama is a red. Now you have to watch it ASAP.
    I hope you don't consider me a stranger

And that's a bit of a problem yeah, though it's not impossible. It has happened quite often that I'm online together with you and/or vio.

So what defines a good romance?

Then what would you rate higher? Is it enough if I watch the movie? I'm not really in the mood to watch something I don't enjoy just to get some questions answered and it looks like vio disagrees with your opinion about having to watch F/SN first :P

Who cares about colors, I can't trust Nuno's judgement

but seriously, what matters is the taste. I know Nuno has a good one (which seems to be pretty similar to mine too) but the first episodes didn't really impress me and I neither have the time nor the motivation to go through a huge deal of episodes until the good stuff starts. Now that I've finished Elfen Lied I'm not sure what to watch next but it's definitely not Gintama.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    *barged in*

I watched F/Z before F/sn. Personally I think F/Z is way better in terms of plot presentation and animation.

And hello, Dad. Been a while. How are you?

*walks out to check other things*
    So you disagree with Doku if I understand you right?

And hello my lovely daughter, good to see you I really hope you won't disappear for so long again I'm pretty busy (probably the same as you) but besides that I'm doing good. A bit fed up with school but there's only half a year left so that's okay. How are you?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No, no, I'm in the same boat with Dorakun.

And yes, I'm sorry for the long absence. I also wish it won't happen again, but with school, who knows...

It's sad to see that school is getting boring for you, but it's kind of a cycle. We've been there, got through it, arrived there again, and so on. I hope you can get through it safely! :3 As for me, breathing my life out in this holiday, refreshing myself as much as I need it. :P

Kya~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope you don't consider me a stranger

And that's a bit of a problem yeah, though it's not impossible. It has happened quite often that I'm online together with you and/or vio.

So what defines a good romance?

Then what would you rate higher? Is it enough if I watch the movie? I'm not really in the mood to watch something I don't enjoy just to get some questions answered and it looks like vio disagrees with your opinion about having to watch F/SN first :P

Who cares about colors, I can't trust Nuno's judgement

but seriously, what matters is the taste. I know Nuno has a good one (which seems to be pretty similar to mine too) but the first episodes didn't really impress me and I neither have the time nor the motivation to go through a huge deal of episodes until the good stuff starts. Now that I've finished Elfen Lied I'm not sure what to watch next but it's definitely not Gintama.
    be grateful, you are probably the only member here who know my real name, so you're not a stranger.

I don't know how to "measure" a good romance according to universal standards, but at least it has to be unpredictable and realistic for me.

I think it's enough if you watch the movie, but the ending was not really about my favorite girl in F/SN, so yeah, except the girl, I think it's fine if you watch the movie alone. Watching F/Zero first would spoil F/SN, no doubt about that. What I was trying to suggest was in order to understand more about Fate world works, you have to watch F/SN first.. however, if you can grip the basic "concept" of Fate world within the first episodes of F/SN, that's it, you do not have to continue. It's like watching Kara no Kyoukai in "real" order instead of movie release order, if I have to make a comparison.

Well, reds judgement are good. Gary likes Evangelion, Goodsie like Steins;Gate, Kait likes KyoAni, and Nuno likes Gintama.. you are still doubting their preferences? shame on you, blues

I'm going to watch Hellsing next time.. currently I'm watching Angel Beats for the first Anime during holidays.
    Last edited by Doraku; January 17, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    No, no, I'm in the same boat with Dorakun.

And yes, I'm sorry for the long absence. I also wish it won't happen again, but with school, who knows...

It's sad to see that school is getting boring for you, but it's kind of a cycle. We've been there, got through it, arrived there again, and so on. I hope you can get through it safely! :3 As for me, breathing my life out in this holiday, refreshing myself as much as I need it. :P
    Then why did you watch F/Z first?

It will happen again, no doubt about it. It happened countless times in the past so you will disappear again, sadly.

Aww thanks, it will work out somehow. Not that I lost all motivation, it's just that I'm getting tired of it and working is so more fun (let's see if I will say the same next year ).
    So it's holiday time for you? Wow that's great, enjoy your free time!

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    be grateful, you are probably the only member here who know my real name, so you're not a stranger.

I don't know how to "measure" a good romance according to universal standards, but at least it has to be unpredictable and realistic for me.

I think it's enough if you watch the movie, but the ending was not really about my favorite girl in F/SN, so yeah, except the girl, I think it's fine if you watch the movie alone. Watching F/Zero first would spoil F/SN, no doubt about that. What I was trying to suggest was in order to understand more about Fate world works, you have to watch F/SN first.. however, if you can grip the basic "concept" of Fate world within the first episodes of F/SN, that's it, you do not have to continue. It's like watching Kara no Kyoukai in "real" order instead of movie release order, if I have to make a comparison.

Well, reds judgement are good. Gary likes Evangelion, Goodsie like Steins;Gate, Kait likes KyoAni, and Nuno likes Gintama.. you are still doubting their preferences? shame on you, blues

I'm going to watch Hellsing next time.. currently I'm watching Angel Beats for the first Anime during holidays.
    Thank you Doku God

but I appreciate it

Well that's for sure, though love goes many ways. What may seem unrealistic might not actually be that farfetched and has happened to others. I've never fallen in love on first sight but I believe it's possible (just a petty example).

I see, I will think about how to go with the Fate Series. Thanks for all the info, though I can't promise you I'm going to watch it soon.

Lol not like someone has a good (or rather a somewhat similar) taste just because he likes one good series (a series I enjoy/like). I think right now the only one who might be able to make me watch a series pretty soon and fast is Kaiten so if you get him over here, making some speech and praising Gintama like mad, I will watch it asap :P

Haven't watched Angel Beats but Hellsing is pretty good Not really what you would call an exceptional story but really entertaining and cool characters I'm surprised you haven't read/watched it until now, the series is quite famous.

Last Breath 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

See above for an answer Will check it out later, right now I'm absolutely not in the mood to watch a comedy.

And it's so weird seeing you in red, blue kind of fits you more. Or maybe that's just because I'm so used to it
    Anyway, how are you doing? I forgot to answer your PM, sorry. Will do so later though. Ask Gary, it's pretty hard to have a long conversation with me through PM's

I need someone to talk Gintama crap with. Dammit. I guess I have to be patient enough to get up to date and spam the anime thread. Or maybe I should start spamming Jammin's thread, as he watches it.

I will let you know whenever I find exceptional episodes. They might get you in the mood IF YOU CHECK THEM OUT.

I guess we went through this in PM? I'm good at least ^.^
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post

I need someone to talk Gintama crap with. Dammit. I guess I have to be patient enough to get up to date and spam the anime thread. Or maybe I should start spamming Jammin's thread, as he watches it.

I will let you know whenever I find exceptional episodes. They might get you in the mood IF YOU CHECK THEM OUT.

I guess we went through this in PM? I'm good at least ^.^
    Jammin's thread seems like a good idea, he'a sucker for Gintama too and discussing with him is always nice
    I'm sorry dude but watching Gintama feels like such a huge project (so much episodes to watch) and I'm watching a lot at the moment so maybe later. Maybe you need a rec to watch something besides Gintama?

And I will try to check out the episode, I promise.

Yep, your answer was really short though

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

What I want is for you to get into it again, not watch marathons or go crazy. I've watched 3 episodes the last three days now. Just not enough time at the end of the day when I usually watch some anime. I probably won't have time enough for more than 1 tonight either. Hopefully you'll have time for some soon. I can't stop laughing sometimes during the episodes. The quality in the comedy varies of course, but overall it's high quality and the serious arcs are seriously epic.

True, I'm going over there

Yeah but like I said I felt like we sort of touched on it in the PM

Anyway long answer: I'm good, but very busy lately. Tuesday-Thursday I got class the whole day + some case work etc. to do during the evenings, and between Friday-Monday we have case assignments that count towards the final grade. The one I have to finish for Tuesday now counts 30%, so it requires a lot of work. Kind of exhausting really, but I'm looking forward to these days now either way as I know they will be otherwise quiet. Kind of sleep depraved too, but I will luckily catch up on some sleep on Friday.

WHAT ABOUT YOU.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Answer will follow tomorrow, I need to get up pretty early and going into detail here will take some time but I appreciate the fact that you did bother to give a detailed response

I hope you won't just disappear like googz did

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

huh? From your thread?

Who knows

I forgot to say, please do give recs (when time). It's always nice to have things on your list.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Insert silly joke here]

Mostly lame/uninteresting characters, especially the villains. Zorro could have just one-shotted Hody back in the palace for all I care. He re-used the theme back from the Arlong Park too, nothing new there. Arlong was fine but an Arlong ripoff, who's supposed to be stronger because of some stupid drugs? Lame
    But there's no way Oda could have created the suspense if the enemy is not seen as a threat , besides they had to go to fishman island in order to reach the new world and it was a good place to show off the SH new powers, the drugs were essential. Imagine if the strawhats have trouble with them without drugs..it would play down the 2 years.

Quote Quote:
    Oda is not the best at pacing either and here it eas especially horrible, some chapters felt like nothing happened. Twists were mostly boring too, Hody being responsible for Otome's death was so obvious and predictable. Even Shirahoshi being the Ancient weapon didn't really surprise me. Only good thing there was the twist with Big Mum.
    I agree that hody being responsible for otome's death was predictable but ehh, Oda didn't need to let us know that hody was the culprit until later on because the point of the whole flashback was about FI hatred towards humans. I agree with the pacing of FI island too, it felt too much like Marineford and less like pre-war chapters, it's like every chapter have to end with a cliffhanger but then again, I think Oda needs time to get the perfect pace because he is now managing 10 characters and have to give them equal screen-time.
    Not saying it's perfect but it's far from worst and every SHhad a chance to shine.

Quote Quote:
    I think that's mostly it, I hated this arc. I expected better things from Oda after the time-skip but in the end it wasn't any better than Bleach or Naruto in that aspect.
    I could argue forever but I really disagree with this. One piece's arc after time skip is by far better than the other two with so much flaws that I can make a list.

Ah but Gintama's timeskip arc is the best.

And really, you don't need to start anywhere with Gintama. Just picked up a random episode like I did when I first started (25?) and you'll just start to love it, as long as that episode isn't a serious one

Quote Quote:
    And my title is a reference to Sket Dance's latest chapter "A father's longest day" was fitting that I had an extremely hard time at work yesterday too, that's why I changed it.
    Must had been a tough day how are things usually?

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Then why did you watch F/Z first?

It will happen again, no doubt about it. It happened countless times in the past so you will disappear again, sadly.

Aww thanks, it will work out somehow. Not that I lost all motivation, it's just that I'm getting tired of it and working is so more fun (let's see if I will say the same next year ).
    So it's holiday time for you? Wow that's great, enjoy your free time!
    Because I discovered F/Z first? yuki gave me F/Z, not F/sn, so I went with that first. After watching F/Z I found out about F/sn, and when I checked it out I was rather disappointed. When I started with F/Z it did take me a while to understand the whole system but I think the first episode did a great job explaining it.

Yeah, sadly. You know, uni and such.

No problem, I understand that kind of feeling. We all have it regularly. And thanks! Trying to enjoy it to the fullest indeed. :P

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there. This is my first WE break since...very long. Looking for a truly funny anime serie (a limited serie, not a 300+episodes I'll never be able to catch up) which can relieve my absolute crappy mood.

There is a lot of talk about Gintama but there are like 250+ episodes. Maybe I'll start to watch little by little but if you also have something else in mind you'd recommend me, I'd welcome it.

Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gats View Post
    Hi there. This is my first WE break since...very long. Looking for a truly funny anime serie (a limited serie, not a 300+episodes I'll never be able to catch up) which can relieve my absolute crappy mood.

There is a lot of talk about Gintama but there are like 250+ episodes. Maybe I'll start to watch little by little but if you also have something else in mind you'd recommend me, I'd welcome it.
    STEINS;GATE!? Seen it?

Little by little is what I'm doing. Sadly, I'm the only one who talks about it. I'm going to make Jammin my new BFF on the web.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

Thread Closed
Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast