Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2003

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

4-Star Loli-Hunter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Skyguardian's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Yeah, it's true I was around the Naruto Theater that time, and there were a few guys who liked it .

Yeah, that sums it up pretty well...
    Why Volland?
    I can't imagine...

At the moment Kruse would be a good guy for "Löws" system.
    Why Volland? Because he is an awesome winger who also can play the false 9 position.

I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so damn funny that you considered Mikasa and Eren siblings First time I've ever heard someone say that, you never fail to amaze me sir No matter if joke or not, it gave me a good laugh.
    Glad to be of service

I'm close to exam period, so I couldn't play around too much. But I'll read it again sooner or later.

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Prov'd wrong!

Sure, there are certainly ways to harass Gary. We can slowly chip away at his resilience and resolve (to not read any book, let alone Harry Potter) until he completely crumbles! Between the two of us, I'm sure we could dominate him. I'm SURE.

He even made a deal with me that if I read Game of Thrones (which is MUCH LONGER and time-consuming than Harry Potter) if he read HP. GUESS WHAT. I've reading fucking two books and he has given me nothing! His word means nothing, I presume.

I need comfort. Harry Potter comfort from a fellow Harry Potter nerd. *sobs into shoulder*
    I'm honestly surprised

Don't doubt we could but meh, it's his own damn fault for not reading HP. How can he miss something epic like that and refuse to read it even after you read that much of GoT/ASoIaF? I think it's time he takes his part of the deal into action, I won't bother with convincing him. What's the worth if he doesn't read it of his own account?

/likes to turn funny talk into a serious discussion

Tbh, the times of being a HP nerd are over for me. I still love the books, probably among the ones I've read the most, over and over again, but the rather shitty movies didn't make it for me. So yeah, my nerd level probably is around 2 or 3 points beyond yours.

Well how about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazino View Post
    i am right,though there are some exceptions

jorp is missing ....
    Exceptions always exist

No, he's around in the portuguese thread and stuff, but he never visits his own thread lulz. I've talked to him through PM quite a few times in the last couple of days too, you should try that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Mazino's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Exceptions always exist

No, he's around in the portuguese thread and stuff, but he never visits his own thread lulz. I've talked to him through PM quite a few times in the last couple of days too, you should try that
    ok i will try over pm...but i will talk to him,so he visits his thread more often

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Yo bitches ignore my post. What's your favorite German band besides Rammstein?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Glad to be of service

I'm close to exam period, so I couldn't play around too much. But I'll read it again sooner or later.
    It's always good to have you

Oh, good luck with exams! You seem to be pretty busy right? Btw, no worries. I read your PM and am acting accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by Mazino View Post
    ok i will try over pm...but i will talk to him,so he visits his thread more often
    That would be pretty awesome bro

Yo bitches ignore my post. What's your favorite German band besides Rammstein?
    Missed it, happens even to me.

Who said I like Rammstein? Hard to say, I don't listen to that much german music and if I do, it's extremely missed. A lot of german bands have a few good songs but there's not one I follow over a long period of time. Some old classics are awesome too.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Who said I like Rammstein? Hard to say, I don't listen to that much german music and if I do, it's extremely missed. A lot of german bands have a few good songs but there's not one I follow over a long period of time. Some old classics are awesome too.
    There is an unwritten rule exists in this world which says that secretly every German likes Rammstein. Classic? Something like this?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the first episode of Gurren Lagann. Not bad!

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an unwritten rule exists in this world which says that secretly every German likes Rammstein. Classic? Something like this?
    Maybe more like they're one of the very few german bands which are known around the world? Rammstein has some great songs too, but like I said, I don't have a definite favourite.If I had to name one of my favourite german songs:

Obviously the text plays into that too.

lol, and not like that, though the song is fun haha There probably are quite a few known german songs out there, but I love some really old ones, because they're so different compared to today. Nothing I could listen to all day, but they have their own awesomeness

The first one is just so... he basically says he's the best and wants to bounce her, but he's phrasing it in a very polite kind of way. Sometimes I just love Jürgens, though he appears to be quite the arrogant prick, even today.

Considering how women were viewed at that time, the last song is quite daring Nothing beats some old classics, really. So weird and different in style and text compared to today but that makes a huge chunk of their charm.

"Zigeunerjunge" is just, dunno, today someone singing positively about Zigeuner would get trashed most likely, but it's not like it was a popular opinion back then either. I like the song for portraying another side of Zigeuner, the adventure spirit and all that stuff, which attracts young people especially. Well, not today anymore, but back then definitely.

"Über den Wolken" is just fun

Quote Originally Posted by FaustXIII View Post
    I watched the first episode of Gurren Lagann. Not bad!
    You've seen nothin' yet
    Last edited by naruto-niichan; October 26, 2013 at 09:42 AM.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep going, Faust!

Speaking of music, niichan, what do you generally listen to? Do you listen to any coming out of Britain or the US?

Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Keep going, Faust

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe more like they're one of the very few german bands which are known around the world? Rammstein has some great songs too, but like I said, I don't have a definite favourite.If I had to name one of my favourite german songs:

Spoiler show

Obviously the text plays into that too.

lol, and not like that, though the song is fun haha There probably are quite a few known german songs out there, but I love some really old ones, because they're so different compared to today. Nothing I could listen to all day, but they have their own awesomeness

Spoiler show

The first one is just so... he basically says he's the best and wants to bounce her, but he's phrasing it in a very polite kind of way. Sometimes I just love Jürgens, though he appears to be quite the arrogant prick, even today.

Considering how women were viewed at that time, the last song is quite daring Nothing beats some old classics, really. So weird and different in style and text compared to today but that makes a huge chunk of their charm.

"Zigeunerjunge" is just, dunno, today someone singing positively about Zigeuner would get trashed most likely, but it's not like it was a popular opinion back then either. I like the song for portraying another side of Zigeuner, the adventure spirit and all that stuff, which attracts young people especially. Well, not today anymore, but back then definitely.

"Über den Wolken" is just fun
    Du du hast du hast mich. It's a pretty simple song to sung, I remember the lyrics. And Moskau is probably one of the catchiest German tune I've ever heard.

And how could you make a statement that you want to plow someone very politely

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredxiuxiu View Post
    Keep going, Faust!

Speaking of music, niichan, what do you generally listen to? Do you listen to any coming out of Britain or the US?
    I remember Haku recently asked me that question too Can't define what I listen to in a genre, I usually like something from everything. The only music I mostly ignore is techno, because it's just not to my taste.
    And is there actually someone who doesn't listen to songs from Britain or the US? XD What do you take me for, I'm not a japanese nerd who listens to J-Songs all the time Really, there's always something awesome to find in most genres, and there's such an enormous amount of music out there, couldn't say I'm especially focused on one genre.

Like, for example, after the AMV I shared in the Hunter x Hunter section I've listened to this quite a few times lately

Or this:

But well, usually I like songs I have a connection to the most, like

Or songs just to relax:

Or:

Or:

Or:

Or:

Or:

Yeah, enough music spam I guess I don't really care about genre or if others think it's silly, as long as I like the song.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Du du hast du hast mich. It's a pretty simple song to sung, I remember the lyrics. And Moskau is probably one of the catchiest German tune I've ever heard.

And how could you make a statement that you want to plow someone very politely
    Not among my favourite songs of Rammstein but I know that one. How many german songs did you actually listen to?

Well, kinda difficult to explain. The text goes like:

"Good night Senorita. Take me to your bed, I don't want anything from you. A kiss maybe, I'm sleepy from wandering. But even then, I kiss better than the others."

Stuff like that yeah, but it's really hard to translate it to fit his style

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Not among my favourite songs of Rammstein but I know that one. How many german songs did you actually listen to?

Well, kinda difficult to explain. The text goes like:

"Good night Senorita. Take me to your bed, I don't want anything from you. A kiss maybe, I'm sleepy from wandering. But even then, I kiss better than the others."

Stuff like that yeah, but it's really hard to translate it to fit his style
    Not much. I'm all for listening non-native or non-English/non-Japanese tune, but it has to be catchy or I feel comfortable listening to it. I listen to French songs more than I listen to German's.

It's kinda a passive-aggressive pick up line

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

and Chili Peppers, FUCK YEAHHH!

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Not much. I'm all for listening non-native or non-English/non-Japanese tune, but it has to be catchy or I feel comfortable listening to it. I listen to French songs more than I listen to German's.

It's kinda a passive-aggressive pick up line

and Chili Peppers, FUCK YEAHHH!
    Some French songs are really nice too, but I rarely check out non-english/german songs. I either have to listen to them by chance or by getting a recommendation.

And yes, I think that's a perfect description

Chilli Peppers are really nice sometimes: Other songs I like are "Californication", "Snow" or "Otherside".

Thread Closed
Page 127 of 134 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast