Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 2003

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

  1. #391
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    The guy that wrote the blog said that too.
    Great minds are alike?

  2. #392
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    4,619
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Have you read book girl?

  3. #393
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    Have you read book girl?
    The adaption of the novel? No I haven't, is it good?

  4. #394
    GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    No need for a debate, I just wanted to hear if you will consider giving it a try. I just don't understand why you're so against it Even if you dislike the manga because of it's art, stay with the anime which is plain awesome :P
    Sure sure, take your time. I'm not someone who starts several new (finished or pretty long) series either so I understand if you want to focus on one or two, especially if you're busy. If I truly like one anime I want to indulge on it and totally ignore all other series

    Hmm I see. Any idea what business you will go with?
    I did actually tell someone (ibra?) that I'm not opposed to watching the anime. I might do it sometime, but tbh it's not something I'm SUPER hyped for. Call it bias if you like. I'd just rather watch shorter series if you catch my drift. Gintama is already a really, really big project. Also like you said I'm kind of in the mood to just roll with Gintama until I catch up now, or at least for a while longer. I've been rolling with it for 110 episodes now, and it's still awesome. It's a shame that Gintama isn't a more popular series.

    None at the moment. All I know is that it'll be in the private sector, and preferably a decently sized player. I know it might be hard to get a job at the "better firms", but at the same time I'm not really interested in "wasting" too many years noobing around either.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  5. #395
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,291
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Have you read Haruhi books that I gave you? I miss Haruhi novels

  6. #396
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Niichan: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 is epic. Next time you want action, give it a try.
    Last edited by Kaiten; January 23, 2013 at 04:44 PM.

  7. #397
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    I did actually tell someone (ibra?) that I'm not opposed to watching the anime. I might do it sometime, but tbh it's not something I'm SUPER hyped for. Call it bias if you like. I'd just rather watch shorter series if you catch my drift. Gintama is already a really, really big project. Also like you said I'm kind of in the mood to just roll with Gintama until I catch up now, or at least for a while longer. I've been rolling with it for 110 episodes now, and it's still awesome. It's a shame that Gintama isn't a more popular series.

    None at the moment. All I know is that it'll be in the private sector, and preferably a decently sized player. I know it might be hard to get a job at the "better firms", but at the same time I'm not really interested in "wasting" too many years noobing around either.
    I'm with you here, that's why I hesitated with Gintama. Catching up will be like hell and I seriously hope I will get more hyped about the series as I am now
    HxH is nowhere near that long but it's definitely something else compared to a rather short 12 or 24 episodes anime. What's Gintama for you is HxH for me so gimme a favour and just check out one or two episodes

    lol understandable, everyone wants to play big though that's easier said than done. I'm sure you can pull it off but I guess you need some luck too. So... good luck! XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Have you read Haruhi books that I gave you? I miss Haruhi novels
    To be honest, not yet Too busy with stuff and I prefer other things at the moment. Can't promise you anything, this Gintama project will probably last a damn lot of time, if I'm motivated enough.

  8. #398
    GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Yeah, "luck". I will just sleep my way in, and to the top again.

    Hah, you got to chillax and just enjoy the ride. As you get to know the characters more and the parodies, you'll find more and more things funny. Most of all I enjoy the casual atmosphere in the show. You sound like you have pretty high expectations, though it is hilarious and epic. It just has a slow start, but then again it might not be for everyone of course.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  9. #399
    Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Yeah, "luck". I will just sleep my way in, and to the top again.

    Hah, you got to chillax and just enjoy the ride. As you get to know the characters more and the parodies, you'll find more and more things funny. Most of all I enjoy the casual atmosphere in the show. You sound like you have pretty high expectations, though it is hilarious and epic. It just has a slow start, but then again it might not be for everyone of course.
    I guess you have the looks so just do that.

    Chillax is easier said than done if you don't really enjoy watching (at least some episodes feel like a waste of time, as I'm just not that invested into the show and it's characters yet) and I don't like being occupied with one series for months. I could go the same way as you but not before I'm hooked on the series. If I don't rush a bit now and watch at least a few episodes per day, if possible, I know I will loose motivation soon.
    My expectations are high I guess, yeah. You're the last one out of quite a lot of people who went "Gintama is so great omg" that I am expecting something. Everybody tells me the start is just average too so I want to get through that fast, as I will enjoy these episodes a lot more if I'm more invested. Right now, like mentioned above, I just can't really enjoy some episodes.

    And it's so funny how you ignore every comment about HxH

  10. #400
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Pick a title for the win thread!

  11. #401
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Pick a title for the win thread!
    "I didn't know that brown cheese burns so well"

  12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  13. #402
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Sorry, doesn't fit the theme...but I'll keep that in mind for another random theme.

  14. #403
    GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    21,506
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    You should make that your thread title, David.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

  15. #404
    Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    26,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    You should make that your thread title, David.
    I feel like I'd be appropriating Norwegian culture. More importantly, making light of trans-Arctic Scandinavian culinary transportation disasters would make me feel guilty. For the love of god, there was toxic smoke

    ---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Sorry, doesn't fit the theme...but I'll keep that in mind for another random theme.
    How could it not fit the theme? Brutal, five day, tunnel closing, toxic fume spewing fires north of Arctic Circle caused by brunhost cheese burning out of control fits every theme.

  16. #405
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    46,877
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    How could it not fit the theme? Brutal, five day, tunnel closing, toxic fume spewing fires north of Arctic Circle caused by brunhost cheese burning out of control fits every theme.
    The current theme is the last person you slept with, made out with, or talked to. So it leaves some interesting ambiguity.

    Fun Forum = Innovation

Thread Closed
Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts