Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
Thread Closed
Page 30 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 2003

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

  1. #436
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Sorry if the question sounds stupid, but is educator and teacher different? Since it would've been easier if you used the word "teacher".
    An educator is basically a teacher for toddlers (and early teens) on how they behave and the like outside school. It's probably similar with daycare center. I know it's quite difficult for us to grasp this since it's pretty uncommon in Indonesia but let's just say it's like a playgroup. With the increase of working moms in Germany, educators are needed in order to put German kids on the right track. So they won't behave like the owner of this thread

  2. #437
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Playgroup?

    I don't think I've ever heard something like that here. Sounds more like psychologists.

    Poor German kids then.

    I know, we can be the educators of the owner of the thread!

  3. #438
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperium View Post
    So what is expected of a experienced educator if they meet a troubled 14 year old? Is it child psychology the area in which they are experienced?
    That's too little info there but I in general you talk with them (kind of like a psychologist, yeah) but it's not limited to talking. You try to help him, as much as he allows you to. Means you can talk to their teachers too or make some kind of plan of action, which the guy/girl follows if he/she is willing to.

    but yeah, child psychology is the one thing you're taught the most about.

    Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Niichan, i don't really know to say right now, and i ain't also on a spamming mood, but that might change in a couple of days
    It's okay bro, take your time

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Never watched the anime but I used to read the manga. Scanlated it for a time, actually. I have no real desire to watch anything with more than 100 chapters.

    It is a remake of the classic anime, and very well done. It will be switching over to TV in April, replacing Magi in the Sunday afternoon timeslot. Not sure if new episodes will be airing, or if they will just repeat the OVA's. I definitely think you'd like it. If you ever need a break from Gintama give it a try.
    Oh, why did you stop?
    And watching something that long isn't what I would do normally either but people bugged me about Gintama for years and I want to see if it really is that good with my own eyes.

    I'm sure it's pretty good if you recommend it, I will give it a try when I get tired of Gintama. According to Nuno there's no chance that's going to happen though

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    An educator is basically a teacher for toddlers (and early teens) on how they behave and the like outside school. It's probably similar with daycare center. I know it's quite difficult for us to grasp this since it's pretty uncommon in Indonesia but let's just say it's like a playgroup. With the increase of working moms in Germany, educators are needed in order to put German kids on the right track. So they won't behave like the owner of this thread
    That's mostly it, yeah. It's not a recent development because of working moms though, lol. The first educators who had a somehow similar job to the one nowadays were trained back in the beginning of the 20th century. Granted the job has changed quite a bit (more diverse, etc.) and it only became way more known and popular after the end of the Third Reich but it's not like the job called "educator" was created ten or twenty years ago because a lot more woman started working

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Playgroup?

    I don't think I've ever heard something like that here. Sounds more like psychologists.

    Poor German kids then.

    I know, we can be the educators of the owner of the thread!
    Read what I wrote above in my answer to Imp and Doku teachers over here are mostly responsible for the subject (like math and so on) they're teaching, not for general education. Like I told Imp above, we're supposed to be experts of a childs psychology and it's development over the years.
    Pretty hard to describe it to someone who knows shit about it but Doku got the gist

    I'm way too old to be educated by you or Doku, not like I would listen to you anyway

  4. #439
    Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Towson
    Country
    United States
    Age
    35
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Oh, why did you stop?
    Scanlating is a pain in the ass. I actually stopped when I became a green. I didn't have the time to mod and scanlate. I like modding more, and am better at it. I stopped reading the manga when VIZ dropped it. I had never really read Gintama online.

    Quote Quote:
    And watching something that long isn't what I would do normally either but people bugged me about Gintama for years and I want to see if it really is that good with my own eyes.
    The anime has always had a lot of hype. I imagine it is pretty good too, maybe someday I'll watch. The first season is 201 episodes long, that is a little more than I want to deal with at the moment. I may actually take your advice and watch the new HxH soon though. I love the manga, so why not. If ever I am in the mood for action I'll watch it.

    Quote Quote:
    I'm sure it's pretty good if you recommend it, I will give it a try when I get tired of Gintama. According to Nuno there's no chance that's going to happen though
    If you ever get sick of the lulz, take a break from Gintama and try it. I'm going to start Kokoro Connect this weekend, as promised I'll let you know what I think whenever I have the thoughts to share.

  5. #440
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    4,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    I went to a psychologist once, after a couple years I read in the news he was in fact a fraud...Yep.

  6. #441
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I went to a psychologist once, after a couple years I read in the news he was in fact a fraud...Yep.
    Would you have known otherwise? How we he a fraud?

  7. #442
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    4,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Would you have known otherwise? How we he a fraud?
    He had no qualifications, he worked at a hospital.

  8. #443
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Country
    Norway
    Posts
    22,722
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Sorry if the question sounds stupid, but is educator and teacher different? Since it would've been easier if you used the word "teacher".
    Teacher doesn't sound nearly as fancy and sophisticated.


  9. #444
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    48,224
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    He had no qualifications, he worked at a hospital.
    Wtf...did you sue him?

  10. #445
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Teacher doesn't sound nearly as fancy and sophisticated.
    Too bad that's the only word I know since as Dorakun said educators are not popular here.

  11. #446
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Uganda
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,415
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

    That's mostly it, yeah. It's not a recent development because of working moms though, lol. The first educators who had a somehow similar job to the one nowadays were trained back in the beginning of the 20th century. Granted the job has changed quite a bit (more diverse, etc.) and it only became way more known and popular after the end of the Third Reich but it's not like the job called "educator" was created ten or twenty years ago because a lot more woman started working

    I'm way too old to be educated by you or Doku, not like I would listen to you anyway
    I skimmed it and I found "Third Reich" and immediately thought educator was a job in Nazi.. talk about German stereotypes..

    I guess that's one of the cultural differences between East and West. What I was trying to say by recent is not 20-30 years back, but more like 50 years , I knew that since Germany has been industrially improved over the last couple of decades, I really do think that educators were needed indirectly because of this reason, somehow. Eastern people moms are rarely work more than 5-6 hours per day, so I believe that means more time for them to "educate" their children, even though I'm not saying that they're sufficiently know about child psychology.

    I'm curious, were you really intended for this work or.. you were some sort of going with the flow?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Scanlating is a pain in the ass. I actually stopped when I became a green. I didn't have the time to mod and scanlate. I like modding more, and am better at it. I stopped reading the manga when VIZ dropped it. I had never really read Gintama online.
    I didn't know you were scanlating. I thought only Gary here the current reds who were used to do scanlating business.

  12. #447
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    4,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Wtf...did you sue him?
    Nope. He was alright, a bit....INSANE!

    He always had three women behind a one way mirror looking and monitoring me.

  13. #448
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Bot Lane
    Country
    Portugal
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,880
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    WOW

  14. #449
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,956
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    I hate it when you just answered everything and your PC crashes... had to answer everything again

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Scanlating is a pain in the ass. I actually stopped when I became
    a green. I didn't have the time to mod and scanlate. I like modding more, and am better at it. I stopped reading the manga when VIZ dropped it. I had never really read Gintama online.

    The anime has always had a lot of hype. I imagine it is pretty good too, maybe someday I'll watch. The first season is 201 episodes long, that is a little more than I want to deal with at the moment. I may actually take your advice and watch the new HxH soon though. I love the manga, so why not. If ever I am in the mood for action I'll watch it.
    So the manga didn't amaze you that much? I thought that if you scanlate a manga you really like it, somehow

    Understandable, wasn't an easy choice for me either. After all these years of people telling me to watch it I finally gave in though, I just hope the anime is as good as people are making it out to be (though I believe in the taste of guys like Zel, Doku or Nuno).
    I'm pretty sure you will enjoy the HxH if you give it a try. The only thing that I can criticize is the pacing sometimes. They're just too fast sometimes and thus are skipping some little info here and there, nothing crucial though. Besides that it's a vast improvement to the last anime adaption, I've enjoyed it since the first episode. Madhouse rarely disappoints.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    If you ever get sick of the lulz, take a break from Gintama and try it. I'm going to start Kokoro Connect this weekend, as promised I'll let you know what I think whenever I have the thoughts to share.
    Yup, I will. Looking forward to your opinion on Kokoro as I'm not sure what to expect of the series.

    Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Teacher doesn't sound nearly as fancy and sophisticated.
    You sir, are absolutely right

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Too bad that's the only word I know since as Dorakun said educators are not popular here.
    I'm surprised educators are that rare in Indonesia

    Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I skimmed it and I found "Third Reich" and immediately thought educator was a job in Nazi.. talk about German stereotypes..

    I guess that's one of the cultural differences between East and West. What I was trying to say by recent is not 20-30 years back, but more like 50 years , I knew that since Germany has been industrially improved over the last couple of decades, I really do think that educators were needed indirectly because of this reason, somehow. Eastern people moms are rarely work more than 5-6 hours per day, so I believe that means more time for them to "educate" their children, even though I'm not saying that they're sufficiently know about child psychology.

    I'm curious, were you really intended for this work or.. you were some sort of going with the flow?
    well there were educators in the Third Reich too, though they're really, really far away from an educator nowadays...

    Yeah, that's one of the main reasons. It's pretty accepted over here but it's not like there's no controversy, f.ex. people questioning mothers who prefer to work instead of taking care of their child/ren. That's a small faction but it's not like everyone thinks educators are for the best. Male educators are rare anyway, around 5% of all educators in germany are male. Frankfurt am Main (the town I'm living in) has the highest quota with 10%.

    And it's not like all educators are that good just because you (are supposed to) know about a child's psychology doesn't mean you're good with educating kids. There are a lot of old educators around too, who started working 20 or 30 years ago and the image of how to raise a child has changed a damn lot till then.

    I wanted to become a psychologist/teacher but things didn't went as well as went so I went for educator (I'm happy with that too though). I'm playing with the thought of becoming a psychologist or teacher later but that requires some additonal studying.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    Nope. He was alright, a bit....INSANE!

    He always had three women behind a one way mirror looking and monitoring me.
    Lol interesting fella... why did you go to a psychologist?

    Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    WOW
    what?

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #450
    MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Posts
    4,621
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: An Educator's longest day

    I seen kokoro connect, it's almost like it could be a live action drama, everything is centered on the characters and their personal stories, they do interesting things with the phenomenon like they switch bodies, their ages fluctuate, but it's more of a backdrop for them to open up and talk about their issues, the phenomenon is not really explained in full detail. Personally I have mixed feelings with this show, I wouldn't rate it highly and there are a lot of shows that pull of drama better. Also, you got to watch it slow, you can get impatient and not enjoy it, there are few exciting moments in the show, but it's mostly talk talktalk.

Thread Closed
Page 30 of 134 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts