Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
Thread Closed
Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: An Educator's longest day

The Kamina smiley alone made me like your post

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    Nope. He was alright, a bit....INSANE!

He always had three women behind a one way mirror looking and monitoring me.
    You were under observation for some reason?

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly that was his method of doing things...

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Supposedly that was his method of doing things...
    How old were you?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think like 10.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I think like 10.
    Why were you being treated? Was it related to your Dad?

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I was faking hydrophobia so that I wouldn't have to go to school swimming lessons, some kids got verruca and my parents where like no way you going, the swimming lessons were mandatory sowe came up with a lie about some boating accident and my fear of water. I'm fucked up.......

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I was faking hydrophobia so that I wouldn't have to go to school swimming lessons, some kids got verruca and my parents where like no way you going, the swimming lessons were mandatory sowe came up with a lie about some boating accident and my fear of water. I'm fucked up.......
    You were 10...keyword "we came up with a lie"

But, yeah. He wasn't the only fraud I guess!

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough bout me, it's niichan's thread after all.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Enough bout me, it's niichan's thread after all.
    What do you have have to say about him?

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post

I'm surprised educators are that rare in Indonesia

And it's not like all educators are that good just because you (are supposed to) know about a child's psychology doesn't mean you're good with educating kids. There are a lot of old educators around too, who started working 20 or 30 years ago and the image of how to raise a child has changed a damn lot till then.

I wanted to become a psychologist/teacher but things didn't went as well as went so I went for educator (I'm happy with that too though). I'm playing with the thought of becoming a psychologist or teacher later but that requires some additonal studying.
    Educators are rare because of the reason stated previously; We don't have so many working moms as in an "office woman" as much as in the developed countries. We do educate children, by using an "educator" but not until their early teens, probably 8 years old at most. I'm one of the example of people who didn't get the luxury of being educated by professional as a child, so yeah, I've been learn adapting to the society by my own - even though eventually I had to go to a therapist.

I see, good luck then.

This is a pretty fucked up reason for going to psychologist but I laughed so hard when I read this.
    Last edited by Doraku; January 27, 2013 at 05:01 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't have educators or such too during my childhood. My parents -- especially my mom -- did all the education thing. Like what Doraku said, even though parents are working they still didn't use the help of educators for teaching general knowledge (or to act like psychologist, you get what I mean, even though what the parents taught might not be necessarily good/perfect).

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    The Kamina smiley alone made me like your post
    Kamina for the world

Well at least it shows you have a strong resolve

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    What do you have have to say about him?
    Looks like he can't come up with anything, how disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    Educators are rare because of the reason stated previously; We don't have so many working moms as in an "office woman" as much as in the developed countries. We do educate children, by using an "educator" but not until their early teens, probably 8 years old at most. I'm one of the example of people who didn't get the luxury of being educated by professional as a child, so yeah, I've been learn adapting to the society by my own - even though eventually I had to go to a therapist.
    Like I tried to say, working women may be a reason for the increased amound of educators but it's far from being the only one. I think the main difference probably is that a vast amount of our general public believes that it's best for a kid to go to a daycare facility with professional educators who are supposed to know best what's good and what not. There's the social factor, they're surrounded by a lot of other kids every day and they have to learn how to behave in a small "society", you could call it a very very small version of what they have to face later on.
    We have people who clearly go over board, with giving their child away at the age of 2 months (the earliest you're allowed to in germany) but that's still a rare case, luckily. I could go on and on why it's best if the kid stays close to it's (psychological) parent in the first year but why it's actually a good idea to give it away for a bit afterwards (doesn't have to be right when it becomes 1 but I guess you know what I mean) but I doubt you want to hear all of that. All that stuff was hammered in my head over the years

and I'm sorry to hear that =/ I don't believe being "educated" by professionals is absolutely necessary but it's definitely a help. On the other hand it's understandable when the parents don't want to leave their child but... it's sad if things don't go well because of that. Why did you have to go a therapist?

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I see, good luck then.
    Did you expect anything else? Like I wanted to become a hero or that something like that

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I didn't have educators or such too during my childhood. My parents -- especially my mom -- did all the education thing. Like what Doraku said, even though parents are working they still didn't use the help of educators for teaching general knowledge (or to act like psychologist, you get what I mean, even though what the parents taught might not be necessarily good/perfect).
    Ah an educator can't really be reduced to being a child psychologist or teaching general knowlegde. It's a mix of everything but the most important thing is that you care for the child and try to do what you know is best for it. Not like you can be sure all the time but if you know about the phases, etc. children go through, you can get a pretty good idea. Well there's way more to it but like I said to Doku, that probably would be too much to explain.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    and I'm sorry to hear that =/ I don't believe being "educated" by professionals is absolutely necessary but it's definitely a help. On the other hand it's understandable when the parents don't want to leave their child but... it's sad if things don't go well because of that. Why did you have to go a therapist?

Did you expect anything else? Like I wanted to become a hero or that something like that
    It's a pretty long story but let's just say that I was socially awkward. You might be surprised if you meet me in real life, I'm not really as talkative as I am here - though in most cases I do talk actively.

No, nothing like that. I was thinking that being a teacher for male is... not exactly every man's goal when it comes to profession.

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Be energetic like Kamina

Thread Closed
Page 31 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast