Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 22 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD

Rewriter 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Insert silly joke here]

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    I actually was a bit touched, yeah. And the last part
    Spoiler show

I think i only watched a bit, the part where Judal was completely ...

Yeah i know what you mean, i feel the same about Toriko, but since my expectations for it aren't as high as for some other mangas, i think i actually can "enjoy" it more than others, even if it isn't nowhere near as good xD
    And Naruto? I still love Naruto, will be forever the manga that most touched me, but my expectations for this all arc lowered a lot ... the reality didn't match my expectations, and when i start to think about Neji, i kinda have to agree with you guys ... it was a bit rushed, but manly because we haven't seen much of him during all second part, the same goes for other rockies.

But seriously, i kinda hope Tobi doesn't bring everyone back to life. Right now i think Kishi will prolly bring Neji later.

Btw, have you read the new Magi chapter?
    Just one word
    Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Watch the whole magi ep you ass, how could you skip right before Kogyouku?

And I know what you mean, it's the best when you don't expect much and you get an awesome chapter
    Yeah, I don't expect much from this arc either. I think it's a good thing that Kishi is finally sacrificing some people but they should stay dead, seriously. It was okay once, with Pain. Doing this again would be too cheap and would totally ruin it in my opinion.
    And with rushed I didn't mean just that. I mean do you remember how damaged Neji was after that fight with the Spider guy? It's not that much different to now (though it wasn't all at once like now) but he survived for a longer time. Now he gets pierced and dies shortly after. Sure he saved Naruto but Neji deserved something better than being a sacrifical lamb that didn't have it's time to shine.

Yup, have read the last chapter. I told you there would be one, now head over to the magi section and share your thoughts dude
    Spoiler show

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Spoiler show
    Yeah, i think what made that scene so emotional is that the dog loved him so much that didn't ever think of leaving him ... i mean this kinda of love is something so beautiful, that it just made that scene super emotional
    Quote Quote:
    Watch the whole magi ep you ass, how could you skip right before Kogyouku?
    I think i also watched a bit of her, and if i am not mistaken i watched till the part, where Sinbad goes to her and doesnt let her transform, which was basically almost all of her screen time prolly, now that i think about it :P

Quote Quote:
    And I know what you mean, it's the best when you don't expect much and you get an awesome chapter
    Yeah, I don't expect much from this arc either. I think it's a good thing that Kishi is finally sacrificing some people but they should stay dead, seriously. It was okay once, with Pain. Doing this again would be too cheap and would totally ruin it in my opinion.
    And with rushed I didn't mean just that. I mean do you remember how damaged Neji was after that fight with the Spider guy? It's not that much different to now (though it wasn't all at once like now) but he survived for a longer time. Now he gets pierced and dies shortly after. Sure he saved Naruto but Neji deserved something better than being a sacrifical lamb that didn't have it's time to shine.
    Yeah, let's hope Kishi doesn't use that "trick" again.
    But still i would never expect Neji to be first to die of all the Rookies. I mean at this point of the manga, i just couldn't see Naruto or Shika dying this soon, but Neji being the one was still a shock.
    And yeah i know what you mean, but it's kinda subjective, plus they have been fighting on this war for quite some time now, so it's normal they can't fight "death" with the same vigor they would if they weren't "tired", though back at part I, the rookies were obviously weaker, so the obstacles they went through pushed them to their limits at that time ... so while we can use part I as a base of comparison, we can't really use it, to prove Neji could and should had survived for a bit longer.
    I consider him saving Naruto his shining moment. We all remember one of the most epic fights the shounen universeh as ever seen, and that was Naruto vs Neji, on that fight Naruto completely crushed the genius Neji, and showed to him that you can fight against what seems to be your destiny. Neji decided on his free willl that he needed to sacrifice for Naruto and also Hinata ... he didn't do that because he was forced too, he did that on his free will, to protect someone he loves, and someone who can still save all his friends from the darkness Tobi/Madara want to create... i know what you mean with being sacrificial lamb, but i think this situation can also be seen as the moment Neji shined. Plus is kinda selfish of us to ask for a shining moment, a moment where all of the important characters that died/will die end showing us their abilities, and have their moment to shine ... in the battlefield things don't end going that way most of the times, people die with no glory :/

Quote Quote:
    Yup, have read the last chapter. I told you there would be one, now head over to the magi section and share your thoughts dude
    Spoiler show
    But, i don't have much to say
    Though i go there from time to time to read all comments

Spoiler show
    Last edited by jorped; December 23, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    I hate shovel 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Better than the first one? I saw there's a subbed version out, maybe I will give it a try later if I have the time.
    And yeah, probably another year of waiting.... that's the annoying thing with japanese movies
    I think they're almost equal, even though I notice some good improvements in the Animation quality of the second movie.

Oh, I found a good fan theory on tumblr concerning how Psycho-Pass's plot might going to develop in the latter half of the story. Here it is. The chance of the theory being true is soo high so I felt that I must share it with you.

---------- Post added December 25, 2012 at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was December 23, 2012 at 09:41 PM ----------

Merry Christmas, Kevin!
    Last edited by Doraku; December 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Merry Christmas, niichan!

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

This time it was me I wonder if you will answer this time :P
    And if you appreciate good animation you could give Chuunibyou a try

jura party? XD what's so infamous about it?
    Yeah, you've always been a lucky one I remember last time you told me you're creating some pictures for money, what are you doing now?

And I was sick for a damn whole week D: still went to school for the last day but to be honest I'm tired of it, I want to start working now. Well there's only half a year left, finally.
    Now it's holiday time
    Now I know how you guys always feel.
    Oh, that awesome show everyone is on about? Okay. My computer sucks for watching anime....My brother got an iphone for Christmas, though, so I'll be able to use his more often. How many eps does it have?

Don't know. The location is great and it's said to be amazing. My friends weren't all that impressed though..I'll be there next time to check it out for myself.
    Actually, last week was kinda hard on me. I couldn't attend the jura party because a close friend of mine left for several months the day after and I wanted to say goodbye. I also saw her the next day for brunch, which was a mistake. Those last moments broke my heart. I took the train home and we still saw each other through the window for some seconds. That was incredibly painful, I almost cried at the spot. In addition, my girlfriend screwed up. Rather than seeing her off she got super wasted at the jura party and didn't make it to the brunch...I was mad at her (for the very first time), sad about my friend's departure and kinda lost, as I had never experienced anything like that before. It was so strange. It's better now, a lot better, but just thinking about her leaving hurts. D:

Anyhow, yeah, I'm working on an animation now. If absolutely everything goes according to keikaku this'll get me a little less than 2000€. Insane right?

Oh, hope you're feeling better now. Wow, so enthusiastic! What are you going to work as then? Yeah, holidays! Hope you had a merry Christmas! Greetings from me.~
    Any plans for sylvester?

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Hokage

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doraku View Post
    I think they're almost equal, even though I notice some good improvements in the Animation quality of the second movie.

Oh, I found a good fan theory on tumblr concerning how Psycho-Pass's plot might going to develop in the latter half of the story. Here it is. The chance of the theory being true is soo high so I felt that I must share it with you.

Merry Christmas, Kevin!
    They left out too much stuff again but the animation quality did improve quite a lot, I liked it. Hopefully the last movie will be a blast though it definitely will have less impact for the people who only watched the movies.

IIRC they said the Berserk project will continue for around ten years so it shouldn't stop with the three movies. I would really prefer some OVA's or an anime, I don't want to see another rushed story. Well, the first anime covered the Golden Age Arc so I guess they focused more on the animation but if they continue I want to see them cutting any more of the story.

And belated Happy Christmas to you, I was so busy that I'm quite late

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Merry Christmas, niichan!
    Thanks riki, belated Merry Christmas to you too

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    Now I know how you guys always feel.
    Oh, that awesome show everyone is on about? Okay. My computer sucks for watching anime....My brother got an iphone for Christmas, though, so I'll be able to use his more often. How many eps does it have?

Don't know. The location is great and it's said to be amazing. My friends weren't all that impressed though..I'll be there next time to check it out for myself.
    Actually, last week was kinda hard on me. I couldn't attend the jura party because a close friend of mine left for several months the day after and I wanted to say goodbye. I also saw her the next day for brunch, which was a mistake. Those last moments broke my heart. I took the train home and we still saw each other through the window for some seconds. That was incredibly painful, I almost cried at the spot. In addition, my girlfriend screwed up. Rather than seeing her off she got super wasted at the jura party and didn't make it to the brunch...I was mad at her (for the very first time), sad about my friend's departure and kinda lost, as I had never experienced anything like that before. It was so strange. It's better now, a lot better, but just thinking about her leaving hurts. D:

Anyhow, yeah, I'm working on an animation now. If absolutely everything goes according to keikaku this'll get me a little less than 2000€. Insane right?

Oh, hope you're feeling better now. Wow, so enthusiastic! What are you going to work as then? Yeah, holidays! Hope you had a merry Christmas! Greetings from me.~
    Any plans for sylvester?
    haha yeah but I'm happy to see you come back here nevertheless

And I guess it's that show, yeah. There are 12 episodes so it's not that much. It starts as a mere comedy but turns out to be an awesome drama mix at the end. I'm pretty sure you will like it

but wait, what's with your PC? O___o Is it such an old one?

And I know how you feel... sounds harsh :/ Good friends leaving is always painful and when it coincides with your girlfriend it's definitely a pretty bad experience. How are things now, did your gf apologize? She should be sorry, at least

....you damn ass. 2000 for an animation, I'm jealous! What exactly are you animating?

I feel a lot better now, thankfully it was right before Christmas. I will work as an educator. Taking care of children, teaching them some basic stuff. You're from germany too so you probably can imagine what I'm going to do. Definitely not something you usually see here but I'm really enjoying it and I totally loved the place where I was attending my practical training. I will most likely start working there one or two months after I've finished my apprenticeship.

And of course a belated happy christmas to you too I had a fun time the last few days but I feel like Christmas is losing more and more of it's charm.
    I will party hard with some friends and my gg on Sylvester, not in a club though but at my house

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

They left out too much stuff again but the animation quality did improve quite a lot, I liked it. Hopefully the last movie will be a blast though it definitely will have less impact for the people who only watched the movies.

IIRC they said the Berserk project will continue for around ten years so it shouldn't stop with the three movies. I would really prefer some OVA's or an anime, I don't want to see another rushed story. Well, the first anime covered the Golden Age Arc so I guess they focused more on the animation but if they continue I want to see them cutting any more of the story.

And belated Happy Christmas to you, I was so busy that I'm quite late
    I wonder if Berserk Anime would end, even 10 years from now.. I mean, I really want to see all of the Manga get animated somehow. Berserk is too awesome, so if it's not get animated, it would be very disappointing. We still have a lot of materials to cover up by the way.

No comment about the PP theory? It's so good, if you have time, you should read it.

I don't celebrate Christmas, so Happy Holiday would be more appropriate.
    Oh, I thought this week suppose to be your holiday, I had been wondering why your activity quite dropping lately.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

One last note: Your avatar and custom title suck.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

How dare you?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Berserk Anime would end, even 10 years from now.. I mean, I really want to see all of the Manga get animated somehow. Berserk is too awesome, so if it's not get animated, it would be very disappointing. We still have a lot of materials to cover up by the way.

No comment about the PP theory? It's so good, if you have time, you should read it.

I don't celebrate Christmas, so Happy Holiday would be more appropriate.
    Oh, I thought this week suppose to be your holiday, I had been wondering why your activity quite dropping lately.

Well as far as I recall this was just an assumption made.

Or wait, I found the actual quote:

Quote Quote:
    According to the official twitter, the project won't be completed in several years. It will last ten years or more.
    I would love to see everything animated, though with Miura's seemingly endless hiatus (releasing only a few chapters each year) it's up in the air how fast they will catch up and what comes afterwards.

And I totally forgot to read that, sorry. Will do so later!

Why didn't you celebrate Christmas? And yes, it's my holidays it was quite busy with all the Christmas stuff though. Had to spend time with my family, my friends and my girlfriend. It will get better after the new years party though. Good to see someone noticed my absence

...why do they suck? I'm okay with questioning my user title but I can't help thinking that you dislike Naruto as a whole?

How dare you?
    dood, will you ever pop up on Skype? We need to talk, seriously!

16. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I just logged in and you are not online

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

haha yeah but I'm happy to see you come back here nevertheless

And I guess it's that show, yeah. There are 12 episodes so it's not that much. It starts as a mere comedy but turns out to be an awesome drama mix at the end. I'm pretty sure you will like it

but wait, what's with your PC? O___o Is it such an old one?

And I know how you feel... sounds harsh :/ Good friends leaving is always painful and when it coincides with your girlfriend it's definitely a pretty bad experience. How are things now, did your gf apologize? She should be sorry, at least

....you damn ass. 2000 for an animation, I'm jealous! What exactly are you animating?

I feel a lot better now, thankfully it was right before Christmas. I will work as an educator. Taking care of children, teaching them some basic stuff. You're from germany too so you probably can imagine what I'm going to do. Definitely not something you usually see here but I'm really enjoying it and I totally loved the place where I was attending my practical training. I will most likely start working there one or two months after I've finished my apprenticeship.

And of course a belated happy christmas to you too I had a fun time the last few days but I feel like Christmas is losing more and more of it's charm.
    I will party hard with some friends and my gg on Sylvester, not in a club though but at my house
    Yeah, I'm really trying hard. This convo is so unlike me.

Hm, 12 episodes. That makes approximately 4 and a half hours? Might be able to squeeze it in tomorrow. Else I'll have to watch it some time next year. Sounds promising.

Yeeees, it's old as fvcl<. Firefox crashes regularly and facebook is slooow (worst thing that can happen: you have a conversation. All of a sudden everything stops working and you're not able to explain your absence). Several nervous breakdowns were the result. Rage. Rage everywhere. Don't get me started on photoshop...

The strangest thing is it was the first time I felt this way. There were several other friends who left, but I didn't feel a thing. It was different with her though....And yes, my gf apologised and she was aware of how badly she messed up. It's impossible to be mad at her for longer periods of time. And she did learn something that evening. Too much alcohol doesn't do her any good.

I'm animating something like an intro, I guess? It's for a short-movie and it will be shown right before it. Something like an introduction, but it doesn't have much in common with what's shown. Rather abstract with symbolism and stuff. Anyhow, that's the first part (about 30 seconds I think). Shouldn't be too big a problem. The second part is what will challenge me. Wonder if I can pull that off. But still, that's quite a sum for an animation, though, apparently, that's what animators get for projects like this.

That's good to hear. (: Woah! Cool stuff. Something along the lines of a kindergartener or more like an elementary school teacher? Or how am I supposed to see that? Not really sure. A friend of mine is studying education, so I guess I have an idea of what you are doing, I just don't know how that works as a job.

Thanks. Felt the same to be honest. While it was great, it was just...an event. People gather, have fun, exchange gifts, eat well. No magic, no nothing. The warmth around Christmas didn't help it either. Once you create your own little family, that will probably change, but for now, Christmas is not what it used to be.

You make a home party and I'm not invited? Bitch.
    No really, sounds like a good plan. Have fun!

....I sure wrote a lot.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Why didn't you celebrate Christmas? And yes, it's my holidays it was quite busy with all the Christmas stuff though. Had to spend time with my family, my friends and my girlfriend. It will get better after the new years party though. Good to see someone noticed my absence

...why do they suck? I'm okay with questioning my user title but I can't help thinking that you dislike Naruto as a whole?
    I'm not Christian, and it's out of my habit to celebrate Christmas. Ah, that's a wonderful thing to hear . By the way, I rewatched the last two episodes of AnoHana to refresh my memory and anticipating for the next movie.. I still do not cry. Am I that cold-hearted?

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan
    How dare you?
    Problem with what I said?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I just logged in and you are not online
    Well we did talk, finally

Yeah, I'm really trying hard. This convo is so unlike me.

Hm, 12 episodes. That makes approximately 4 and a half hours? Might be able to squeeze it in tomorrow. Else I'll have to watch it some time next year. Sounds promising.
    Ah yeah, I will divide it a bit, we're starting to write too much Was a long time since I last had such a long post conversation going on. That probably was with Naomi (unreliable girl ) and Asarii, though that was even longer and sometimes quite painful because that took so much of my time XD

So? Did you give it a try? I'm sure you will like it

Yeeees, it's old as fvcl<. Firefox crashes regularly and facebook is slooow (worst thing that can happen: you have a conversation. All of a sudden everything stops working and you're not able to explain your absence). Several nervous breakdowns were the result. Rage. Rage everywhere. Don't get me started on photoshop...
    Wow, sounds hard. Why aren't you getting a new one? With the money you're getting it sounds like you could at least get some kind of upgrade.

The strangest thing is it was the first time I felt this way. There were several other friends who left, but I didn't feel a thing. It was different with her though....And yes, my gf apologised and she was aware of how badly she messed up. It's impossible to be mad at her for longer periods of time. And she did learn something that evening. Too much alcohol doesn't do her any good.
    Well I guess it was a special friend then? Or maybe you're less emotionless nowadays?

...shouldn't she have learned that sooner? Tbh I never understood why people go overboard when they drink alcohol. I understand when it's your first time (or one of your first times) but you should get a hang of your limit and wha's good for you after 3 or 4 times. Makes me feel that they want to go overboard, though I don't really get why because I know that's just horrible later on. Only happened to me once when I was drinking for the first time, since then I was really, really drunk sometimes but nothing too serious (like throwing up, forgetting a huge bunch of what happened, etc.).

but I didn't want to criticize your girlfriend, sorry

I'm animating something like an intro, I guess? It's for a short-movie and it will be shown right before it. Something like an introduction, but it doesn't have much in common with what's shown. Rather abstract with symbolism and stuff. Anyhow, that's the first part (about 30 seconds I think). Shouldn't be too big a problem. The second part is what will challenge me. Wonder if I can pull that off. But still, that's quite a sum for an animation, though, apparently, that's what animators get for projects like this.
    Good luck with that googz! What's the theme of the movie/what is it about?

Do you want to be a professional animator later on or what's your plan?

That's good to hear. (: Woah! Cool stuff. Something along the lines of a kindergartener or more like an elementary school teacher? Or how am I supposed to see that? Not really sure. A friend of mine is studying education, so I guess I have an idea of what you are doing, I just don't know how that works as a job.
    Yeah more like a kindergartener because I couldn't teach at a school with what I'm doing right now. I'm considering to study later on because I was always thinking of becoming a teacher (probably would go with german and history - boring I know ) but working as an educator is totally fine for now.

How to explain the job? Well it's not that easy but I guess you could describe it as teaching kids the basic stuff. You know, all that is praised and wanted by society. From theoretic stuff like english, math (though that's not that common everywhere and in a pretty rough form) to capacity for teamwork, social skills and so on. Pretty much everything what people see as necessary for your future life XD
    ofc you take care of them too, especially when it's only 1-3 years old. Hard to teach them anything outside of their usual daily routine.

Thanks. Felt the same to be honest. While it was great, it was just...an event. People gather, have fun, exchange gifts, eat well. No magic, no nothing. The warmth around Christmas didn't help it either. Once you create your own little family, that will probably change, but for now, Christmas is not what it used to be.
    Exactly. I still remember when I was a kid and Christmas was like the best event ever besides your birthday. When you got your presents and you played all night and got up so early to play again good old days

You make a home party and I'm not invited? Bitch.
    No really, sounds like a good plan. Have fun!

....I sure wrote a lot.
    Haha, my friends probably would be really surprised
    but sure, you're officially invited! Now get over here to Frankfurt

And thanks, what will do you on New Years?

I'm not Christian, and it's out of my habit to celebrate Christmas. Ah, that's a wonderful thing to hear . By the way, I rewatched the last two episodes of AnoHana to refresh my memory and anticipating for the next movie.. I still do not cry. Am I that cold-hearted?

Problem with what I said?
    Ah wait, I think you mentioned it once... or maybe not? My memory is foggy are you muslim or buddhist?

I guess everyone is just touched to a different extent. Not like you can expect everyone to cry at the same series/scene/whatever. What was the last series/scene that made you cry?

And I can live with that Though now that we talk about it, I think I don't have a clue what's your favourite manga? All I know is some fav anime and some manga that you like but not your absolute favourites/series you enjoy the most.

Country
    Uganda
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah wait, I think you mentioned it once... or maybe not? My memory is foggy are you muslim or buddhist?

I guess everyone is just touched to a different extent. Not like you can expect everyone to cry at the same series/scene/whatever. What was the last series/scene that made you cry?

And I can live with that Though now that we talk about it, I think I don't have a clue what's your favourite manga? All I know is some fav anime and some manga that you like but not your absolute favourites/series you enjoy the most.
    I think I never talk to you about my belief, not that I'm willing to. , Well, I was raised with a religion, but these days I consider my belief as a "freelancer". Still, when someone asked me I would answer I have a religion (it's a major religion, but neither Christian nor Catholic) but not on the internet, unfortunately.

Mmmm... I could not remember about that. When people are saying "You're going to cry when you watch/read this!" usually I wouldn't. I guess there should be an element of surprise before something could make me feel touched, either in a good or bad way. AnoHana is indeed emotional, but..how should I put it... considering all the story building that leads to the climax episode, I wasn't surprised if the story would end that way. Still, it was the best Anime of 2011.

I consider myself as a huge One Piece fan. But I'm not annoyed if people shit talking about it. I consider myself as an EVA geek. Yet, I won't get mad if some people say it's hilariously overrated. I consider myself as a massive Berserk fan. I won't mind if someone called the violence elements in Berserk is gratuitous. I think someone who gets mad for real over things as mundane as Manga or Anime is silly and needs to get a better life. I read a lot of Manga hence it's very difficult to determine which one I love the most. It depends on the mood, now I'm really in a mood for Naoki Urasawa, Asano Inio, and Kentaro Miura. I'm going to start Deadman Wonderland.
    Last edited by Doraku; December 30, 2012 at 09:10 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 22 of 134 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 ... LastLast