Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: War on summit, shanks need save someone

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

War on summit, shanks need save someone

lets say, blackbeard defeated ben beckman, and hes about to be executed,

Shanks is going to attack just like WB did(including shanks being stabbed)

would he have done better then WB?

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: War on summit, shanks need save someone

Ben beckmen is da man, but even though the marines would still win unless if shanks is actually as strong as whitebeard at his prime which I'm beginning to think is true.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Hard to say.Even if he got stabbed,it wouldn't do as much damage like it did to the 82 year old WB.But shanks didn't show any DF abilities up to now.Imagine the encircling walls get activated.WB couldn't even break it down.It just dented it.What can shanks do?And WB had to send an earthquake to make the marines loose their footing whereas shanks cant do that.Using CoC to knock out the marines?.And im still wondering why didn't WB use his CoC.-.-

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Let me put it simply: Whitebeard got as far as he did not due to his own power, but his family watching his back.

Whitebeard's crew measured 1600 pirates, plus a large number of New World pirates to accompany that. Without these numbers, lesser marines (and I'm not even talking "super lesser", but captains + rear admirals, etc) would have had more free reign. And as strong as you are, at the end of the day a legion can overwhelm you.

Shanks' crew is definitely weaker than Whitebeard's in regards to numbers, though strength is hard to gauge (the division commanders weren't dissapointing after all). What probably would be the deciding factor would be whether Shanks could pull in allies. I mean, imagine if the Pacifistas and Sentomaru had hit WB's crew directly instead of the New World pirates. The battle would not have taken long to devastate the numbers of the pirates until only the strong ones remained.

At the end of the day, without those numbers, even if Shanks was worth 2 whitebeards in strength alone, he would not have won.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shanks wouldn't fare any better than Whitebeard did. In terms of military power, he's close to WB, but we've already seen what 1 Yonkou (+ crew) can do the World Government: Lose. MHQ + 7BK win this war with mid-difficulty.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    Shanks wouldn't fare any better than Whitebeard did. In terms of military power, he's close to WB, but we've already seen what 1 Yonkou (+ crew) can do the World Government: Lose. MHQ + 7BK win this war with mid-difficulty.
    That was because the marines tricked Squardo into stabbing WB and creating confusion among WB allies.Now how could an old man with a stab straight through his chest hold up against the whole MHQ.And personally i dont think the marines won with mid difficulty.Cause garp and sengoku had to participate in the war.Garp and Sengoku were the last line of defense.W/o the RH pirates at the war,WB pirates and luffy's gang manged to free ace.Now if the RH were there, wouldn't that meant they could save ace and get away with it w/o anyone dieing?

Even with BB appearance,i dont think he would do much damage.WB alone was enough to make BB begged for his life.Imagine WB+Shanks VS BB.I'll leave it up to ur imagination

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RamaJaya's Avatar
    Country
    Estonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DutchPhoenix View Post
    (including shanks being stabbed)
    IMO for Shanks it'd be fatal.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i think shanks wouldn't stand a chance.. he doesn't have allies like WB had.. he could go toe to toe early, heck i think he can take 2 admirals at once but it would take its toll and eventually hed get defeated.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaiSiaoSiao View Post
    Even if he got stabbed,it wouldn't do as much damage like it did to the 82 year old WB.
    It would be much worse! Whitebeard is super durable and can survive several letal blows.

Shanks in the other hand is human. I know "humans" include Zoro and Sanji who can take a lot of damage, but being impaled alive is no good.

AND if it means the same sword Squardo used, that thing was enormous, the result would be worse than the attack of Akainu on Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    That's not really true.

The Shichibukai worked against the government. Of the eight, four of them betrayed the government. And Jinbei ready so sacrifice himself and Hancock destroyed the Pacifista certain worked much better for Whitebeard side than the lazy Doflamingo and Mihawk who don't care about the conflict served for the government.

So for me it count as the government alone against the Whitebeard pirates...
    Last edited by Fox666; November 17, 2010 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MaiSiaoSiao View Post
    That was because the marines tricked Squardo into stabbing WB and creating confusion among WB allies.Now how could an old man with a stab straight through his chest hold up against the whole MHQ.And personally i dont think the marines won with mid difficulty.Cause garp and sengoku had to participate in the war.Garp and Sengoku were the last line of defense.W/o the RH pirates at the war,WB pirates and luffy's gang manged to free ace.Now if the RH were there, wouldn't that meant they could save ace and get away with it w/o anyone dieing?
    Squado's stab wound didn't decrease WB's offensive powers. Shortly after the stab wound WB was tossing Marineford around like a ragdoll until Akainu forced him to stop. Even when WB lost half of his face, his offensive power didn't decrease much even then. Sengoku also commented on it. And WB only lasted as long as he did thanks to preptime + backup.

Shanks' military power is less that than WB's. Keep in mind the Shichibukai will be fighting in this war too. Shanks doesn't have what it takes to win this fight.

Quote Quote:
    Even with BB appearance,i dont think he would do much damage.WB alone was enough to make BB begged for his life.Imagine WB+Shanks VS BB.I'll leave it up to ur imagination
    BB is a nonfactor in this fight. He's the one who is actually locked up and about to be executed in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    That's not really true.

The Shichibukai worked against the government. Of the eight, four of them betrayed the government. And Jinbei ready so sacrifice himself and Hancock destroyed the Pacifista certain worked much better for Whitebeard side than the lazy Doflamingo and Mihawk who don't care about the conflict served for the government.

So for me it count as the government alone against the Whitebeard pirates...
    It's very true. Jinbei is not going to sacrifice himself for Shanks' sake in this fight. The only reason he turned against the WG is because WB's death would cause Merman Island to become the hell it was before WB claimed it. He'll be fighting on the WG's side in this scenario. Hancock may destroy Pacifistas in this scenario, but she'll also attack Shanks' crew and put a dent in them. Mihawk's apathy still won't prevent him from doing his job and fighting as an ally to MHQ. So in truth, the majority of the 7BK will still be assembled and fighting on MHQ's side.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kulugo's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

how many allies does shanks have? whitebeard had 40+ pirate captains..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    Ben beckmen is da man, but even though the marines would still win unless if shanks is actually as strong as whitebeard at his prime which I'm beginning to think is true.
    Whitebeard is the strongest man in the world. How the hell can Shanks be as strong as him in his prime? :|

Shanks can't win this. Not only Whitebeard had his entire 1600 people fighting with him, but he also had the help of 43 crews from the New World.

And Shanks is probably isn't nowhere near as destructive as Whitebeard.

16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    Whitebeard is the strongest man in the world. How the hell can Shanks be as strong as him in his prime? :|
    Everyone knows WB was at his last breathe and the fact that BB dared to challenge him and couldn't take on shanks means that he is a bad dude

The marines couldn't do anything to shanks they just remained calm and if they didn't they could've totally lost.
    [/quote]
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Whitebeard was called the strongest man in the world in several occasions. I agree with Samui, it doesn't make sense to judge someone stronger than Whitebeard, and comparing someone to Whitebeard in his prime just make things worst...
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

The WB alliance was said to be the most powerful one. I can't see Shanks and his allies win this. (yes he has most likely allies. It's a theory which I have been supporting since Garp's explanation. It turned out to be true on WB's case, even before his allies were introduced.) Especially if Ben Beckman, who is definitely a high tier himself is captured.

dark lord I believe u misunderstood sth there. It's not like the MHQ shit their pants as they saw Shanks. They just realised that their goals were fulfilled, so any further waste of power was meaningless. Furthermore the MHQ and every other force out there were exhausted, unlike the red-hair pirates.

Also claiming Shanks to be on par with WB prime makes no sense. WB was still holding the title, which Sengoku confirmed several times. So Shanks was at most around old WB's lvl, not his prime.
    Last edited by BlackHair; November 20, 2010 at 09:59 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast