Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Garp vs Sakasuki

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ukimix's Avatar
    Country
    Colombia
    Post Thanks / Like

Garp vs Sakasuki

I have never fully understood Garp. Maybe because I belong to a culture that gives more importance to family than to law. But in this moment, Garp almost broke the law and goes for the murderer of "his son", although with the help of Sengoku he keeps himself as a good soldier. I have always wondered if he would have took good care of that Sakasuki... do you think he could have beaten him?
    Last edited by ukimix; October 26, 2013 at 09:06 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Keeper of Jericho's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garp vs Sakasuki

I think he could definately land some blows on Akainu, but I don't think he could really beat him, let alone murder him. Sakazuki is in his prime, while Garp has grown old. It would be similar to Rayleigh versus Kizaru, I think, with Garp eventually tiring and Sakazuki winning the fight, though he wouldn't have an easy time for sure.

Click the image and visit my place! Don't be shy!

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayleigh has been on the bottle for years, doing nothing but roaming the bars and kicking back.
    Garp has been kicking ass, inhaling napalm each morning while biting on cannonballs and spitting out nails. And constantly patroling the seas. He's got his own, private "Garp-the-Hero" motive battleship and crew for crying out loud. Had he gotten serious, and I mean death-gaze, teeth-clunching serious into the fight it could have been bleak for Sakazuki.

To all we know Garp is a legend. Not inferior to Sengoku (only the rank divides them). He is the text book example of the old fart, who can kick the shit out you so hard even your children will feel the bruises.

Ultimately it is up to the author to decide as it isn't us who create the storyline, but based on what we know and what we ever learned form reading manga, Sakazuki would have his head on a stick by the end of the day.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Garp isn't on the same level as Akainu. Garp is old now, and like someone else he used to pick fights with back in the day, Rayleigh, he has lost a lot of power. Current Garp could probably give Akainu some trouble, but he'd lose in the end. Prime Garp is probably 50/50 with Akainu.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

even if i have so much hatred for akainu, garp will loose to akainu is his old version self while if garp was in his prime, he will definility will win..
    living in the darkness and now with a new light, i will raise to a new beginning...

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think Garp is an idiot to overestimate himself enough to think he could fight Akainu and not manhandle him. Akainu seemed to be doing fine against WB until WB got death gazing serious and Akainu got stomped.

Im not saying Garp would stomp Akainu, i just believe Akainu would not win, and if he did it would be a 1/10 chances to do so. And the Kizaru vs Rayleigh fight... Seriously, i dont think Kizaru could beat him... At all.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Sengoku stopped Garp since he loved Sakazuki and don't want him dead.... Garp's haki is so strong that even being coverd with Magma will not scathe him.. Imagine vergo swimming in magma... Garp was really serious then, if Sengoku hadn't stopped him, Garp would kill him twice even after death..LOL

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Rayleigh VS Borsalino is a literal parallel for Garp VS Sakazauki.
    whilst the Admirals have the edge in youth,
    The issue is that the stamina factor will surely kick in, and it will become a race for Garp to kill Akainu.

Whitebeard VS Akainu, Akainu got stomped but he only bounced right back after each thrashing.
    Simply put, those at the Admiral rank are not only ridiculously powerful, but are able to tank ridiculously good attacks hence the reason Aokiji, Kizaru & Akainu were all in fairly good conditions to fight even after fighting people who were amongst the strongest pirates in the series.

I think Sakazuki will get trashed around by Garp constantly for a long time, and then like how Sakazuki got back up from the ass-kicking he got from WB, he's likely to get back up from the same ass-kicking and fight Garp again.
    The Admirals in One Piece are the real deal.

Which is why I'm glad Oda didn't make any of the Vice-Admirals who appeared in the Marineford War an Admiral since I don't feel that any of them could really reach Kizaru/Aokiji/Akainu level in 2 years. Unless they got a DF or something.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Rayleigh was just trying to stall and not inflict damage on Borsalino... And whitebeard was in weakened state that his punches didn't knock sakazuki out..
    But Garp who has cornered the pirate king on several occasion has his full attention and will to fight Sakazuki will be such a beating it would look like a magma of blood.. ^__^

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply