Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Troubleshooting and Tech Support

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Troubleshooting and Tech Support

Well, the issue is that the text I need is already beneath the cells where I need to put text into. I guess it could work if I write the values beneath and then move them to where I need them... That is still an extra step though.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

You need to make sure there're no blank cells between the one you're typing in and the one you'd like to match.

Quote Quote:
    The AutoComplete feature in Excel can be a great boon for data entry, making it very easy to enter multiple instances of the same text in a column. One of the constraints on the AutoComplete feature is that it only works on contiguous ranges of cells in a column. For instance, if you have data in cells B7 through B25, then AutoComplete will work just fine if you are entering data in cell B6 or B26. It will not, however, work in cells B5 or B27 if cells B6 or B26 are left empty.

The only way to get around this limitation is to make sure that you have something in every single cell in the range. Some people put characters, such as periods, in the cells they otherwise would have left blank. The problem with this, of course, is that the periods show up on a printout, and need to be removed as a final step of creating your worksheet.

A better approach is to use a non-printing character in the otherwise blank cells. Instead of a period, use a space.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ahhh, thanks, that is easy and convenient. I tried it with the space and it did not work though. It worked fine with the period though. I don't really need to print anything so using a period is not really an issue and deleting them takes no time anyways.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

/slowpoke.jpg

Re: Excel thing....I'm probably missing something, but wouldn't copy + paste be quicker. =/
    -

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! I hope this is the correct thread for posting this.

The thing is animated gifs don't work on my PC (Widows 7). I download them from the net and then save as .gif files (and they figure in my PC as .gif files) but when I open them with Windows Image Viewer, they don't work. But they do if I do the same thing in a PC with XP. And what's more, when I tried to upload one of them for the forum's signature, they didn't work either.

Could someone help me? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Lomahongva; August 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: grammar mistakes oops!! ^^U

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lomahongva View Post
    Hi! I hope this is the correct thread for posting this.

The thing is animated gifs doesn't work on my PC (Widows 7). I download them from the net and then save as .gif files (and they figure in my PC as .gif files) but when I open them with Windows Image Viewer, they doesn't work. But they do if I do the same thing in a PC with XP.
    When you say "Windows Image Viewer", are you referring to this image viewer? If so, this image viewer of Windows 7 doesn't show the animation of gifs. The image viewer of Windows XP is compatible with gifs, that's why it works. Microsoft logic...

I suggest you to download IrfanView. It's a popular image viewer, freeware and shows gif animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomahongva View Post
    And what's more, when I tried to upload one of them for the forum's signature, they didn't work either.
    I know some people who have the same problem, it also happens to me. I made the experience that saved gifs from tumblr won't work if you upload them yourself. Dunno why. If you can send me the original source/link of that gif, I can maybe help you.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you meet the forum limit or exceed it? And by work, you mean it didn't upload or accept or that the image didn't move? Try uploading to imgur.com or tinypic.com, then put it in your sig.

Although this is not the solution you want, I'd also suggest getting an image hosting account like Photobucket and uploading your GIFs there.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lomahongva's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Fisrt of all thank you both for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    When you say "Windows Image Viewer", are you referring to this image viewer? If so, this image viewer of Windows 7 doesn't show the animation of gifs. The image viewer of Windows XP is compatible with gifs, that's why it works. Microsoft logic...

I suggest you to download IrfanView. It's a popular image viewer, freeware and shows gif animation.
    Yes, that's my PC's Image Viewer. Really, Microsoft... :/ I downloaded IrfanView and now everything is ok, thank you once again! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    I know some people who have the same problem, it also happens to me. I made the experience that saved gifs from tumblr won't work if you upload them yourself. Dunno why. If you can send me the original source/link of that gif, I can maybe help you.
    The gif I tried to upload was not from Tumblr :/ Sadly, I lost the original link and now I can only foind it in Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Did you meet the forum limit or exceed it? And by work, you mean it didn't upload or accept or that the image didn't move? Try uploading to imgur.com or tinypic.com, then put it in your sig. Although this is not the solution you want, I'd also suggest getting an image hosting account like Photobucket and uploading your GIFs there.
    The problem it's that it didn't move once I uploaded it. It's a gif of 500 x 281 pixels and 285 kb. I need to resize it a bit, I noticed now, my bad:
    Quote Quote:
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 600 by 200 pixels or 500.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
    Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 600 by 200 pixels or 500.0 KB (whichever is smaller).
    I'll try resizing it with photoscape or with Gimp (2.8 version, I've installed the video plugin).

Oh, ok. I have a Photobucket account so I'll upload them there after using them here. Thanks! ^^
    Last edited by Lomahongva; August 14, 2013 at 06:49 AM.

Let's meet up in the New World! Oh, ok, but I'm the one who's gonna find One Piece! Hi hi hi!

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

I resized it proportional: 356x200 - 163 kb

I tested it in my signature and it worked. Just write back or pm me if it doesn't work for you. Are you sure you want it at the maximum possible size? You won't be able to add some text like in your current signature. Let me know, if you want it smaller.

Have fun.
    • ⁞ Avatar by xhunter924 ⁞ Signature by ThePowha ⁞ •

• ⁞ Tower of God Section136th FloorToG Section's Lighthouse ⁞ •

13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

well this might be just a random question but i was wondering why i haven't been able to like or thank any post for a while now , any possible reason and solution for that?

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hassan View Post
    well this might be just a random question but i was wondering why i haven't been able to like or thank any post for a while now , any possible reason and solution for that?
    See my answer in this thread.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I am having a bit of an issue with my S3. A few days ago I noticed a significant decrease in my battery life and my day to day ram consumption increased by a bit. After fiddling with it a bit I noticed in battery section of settings that my battery was being consumed by something called GPSD. According to the internet it is a daemon or something related to, well, the GPS. The solution they have me was to stop the applications that use the GPS. After stopping google maps and waze and rebooting the shiznit out of everything the ram consumption and battery drain decreased. It was at almost 30% (more than the screen) and now it is at 11%. To some extent the problem is kinda solved, my battery life went to what it used to be however at 11% it is still the second most battery draining program in the phone which sucks because I am not even using the GPS most of the time. Is it draining what it is supposed to or can it be fixed to be less taxing on the battery?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

The newer programs and software are made to be more taxing to the phone's processor and memory (because they're intended for more current hardware), which results in faster draining. It's the industries way of saying "your phone is old, go buy our new model". You can always switch on "power saving" and make sure to diligently shut down apps that are not in use, as well as only switch on features when you need them.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

You can always disable those apps or use an app that automatically force closes the apps for you. You can also turn off your GPS. I don't think I've experienced this with my S3, but I'm super.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    The newer programs and software are made to be more taxing to the phone's processor and memory (because they're intended for more current hardware), which results in faster draining. It's the industries way of saying "your phone is old, go buy our new model". You can always switch on "power saving" and make sure to diligently shut down apps that are not in use, as well as only switch on features when you need them.
    Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    You can always disable those apps or use an app that automatically force closes the apps for you. You can also turn off your GPS. I don't think I've experienced this with my S3, but I'm super.
    I already do that, I am extremely diligent in that regard. My issue here is that I found no way whatsoever to turn off that GPSD thingy and even the internet was not much help. I never keep anything on that I am not using and I always make a point out of disabling or uninstalling things the second they stop being useful. Unfortunately that GPSD thingy does not show among the running apps or background cached processes so I can't turn it off directly. Today the GPSD thing is consuming 9% of the battery but if the phone can work without that it would be better if it was 0... I don't know where I would shut down a daemon, any thoughts(I actually found something to reduce the OS battery drain but it involves rooting and changing daemon names so I am kinda iffy about going there)? Or maybe it is better to leave them alone?

New Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast