Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Troubleshooting and Tech Support

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Troubleshooting and Tech Support

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Question: when Chrome is being a douche is your internet usually working? No matter what site you go to, you keep being sent back to Google's main page? Or is it for certain sites or random moment?
    Well, yes, otherwise I wouldn't be using chrome. Well, it starts the second I open chrome. Before I even get to type in a web page (and my default is blank) it sends me to google.com. Then it continually keeps sending it to google.com indefinitely. It is not just refreshing either otherwise I wouldn't end up there. Whatever I type in does not matter as the very next second it goes back to google. Its like someone is continually typing in google.com and pressing enter each second.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagi View Post
    Quoting from one of the users of Mozilla support forum, not tested.
    Thanks, but I uninstalled it. Can't find the dropdown arrow, probably because I customized the toolbars to my suiting.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, yes, otherwise I wouldn't be using chrome. Well, it starts the second I open chrome. Before I even get to type in a web page (and my default is blank) it sends me to google.com. Then it continually keeps sending it to google.com indefinitely. It is not just refreshing either otherwise I wouldn't end up there. Whatever I type in does not matter as the very next second it goes back to google. Its like someone is continually typing in google.com and pressing enter each second.
    It happens no matter what key you press?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, pressing keys does nothing whatsoever for or against this. Even if I do type in an address or press a button it just sends me back to google's main page. The worst part is that my problem does not seem to appear online at all.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Very weird. I thought it could be some kind of problem where keyboard acts as if CTRL is pressed down, like CTRL+H or home or something. Dunno.

Did you try booting your computer in Safe mOde?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't tried that but I think I fixed the problem for now at least. Uninstalling and installing the browser worked and I am using it right now. Hopefully it won't come back.

---------- Post added February 26, 2013 at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was February 22, 2013 at 09:30 PM ----------

Ok, I think I found the culprits here. It seems that the proceeses which spike in ram at random are perfmon.exe and svchost.exe. svchost is consistently higher than perfmon but I think perfmon is the one responsible for the spikes.... They are both necessary for windows 7 to run though, not sure where to go from here.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically, I give up and will take my laptop to computer repair shop because this headache isn't worth it.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Ok, I think I found the culprits here. It seems that the proceeses which spike in ram at random are perfmon.exe and svchost.exe. svchost is consistently higher than perfmon but I think perfmon is the one responsible for the spikes.... They are both necessary for windows 7 to run though, not sure where to go from here.
    I don't think perfmon has anything to do with it, it isn't even active under normal circumstances. svchost is a complicated case though, as its name suggests it's a host process for many services and there may be a multitude of reasons why svchost has high CPU usage. I ran into this page when I googled for the possible reasons, Firefox plugin container and Windows Defender come to mind as potential suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Basically, I give up and will take my laptop to computer repair shop because this headache isn't worth it.

Hope they can find a solution to the overheating problem.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

They should fix the rebooting problem first and then focus on the overheating. Cuz like, rebooting is getting annoying and wastes time. Cuz yanno.

---------- Post added March 03, 2013 at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was February 26, 2013 at 10:57 AM ----------

According to the repair guy, the video card was the problem.

Which I already knew.

so the motherboard needs to be replaced.

Which I did not know.

So basically, fuck life.

Smiling Moe Hunter 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Band of the Hawks 2
    Post Thanks / Like

So I've been having weird problems with my new laptop. I have two laptops, first one is my old laptop, and the newest one is a 15" laptop. The problem is that this new laptop is having a problem when its connected to the wireless internet. I feel somehow the connection is getting slower, moreover I often disconnected with the WiFi when I'm using this new laptop. I thought the problem was on my internet connection, but I used my old laptop (which is smaller in size, around 11") and the internet is totally fine. I'm using same browsers, Google Chrome, on both laptops.

Any idea what went wrong with my new laptop? A friend of mine told me that I should re-install the driver for the WiFi but I'm not sure.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Water Tribe
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with your friend, try installing the latest drivers for your Wi-Fi card.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know what I did wrong when I was setting up my router? I mean I connected all the hardware, but it seems I screwed up with the software. It seems I did not configure it correctly, and now I do not have wireless internet and can not even open the software router page?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Paper's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

The same thing happened to mine, and all I had to do was press the tiny hard reset button and redo everything (according to the quick setup guide).

Kuronekooo~!

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Josef K.'s Avatar
    Country
    Macedonia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paper View Post
    The same thing happened to mine, and all I had to do was press the tiny hard reset button and redo everything (according to the quick setup guide).
    Yes, I got it working a while ago, it seems I messed up something when I tried to set it up that blocked the signal, and after the reset I configured it again.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

With excel's auto-fill you usually type in a few characters and if it matches a cell above you get the option to automatically set those characters into the cell. Is there a way to do this but with values beneath the cell? I can't seem to find an option for that.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried entering the values beneath the cells first? I always thought it autofilled or suggested words that were already entered in the Excel.

New Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast