Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Innovative Technologies and Concepts

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Innovative Technologies and Concepts

This thread is to discuss technological concepts, innovative ideas that can be incorporated to existing media or be standalone works. Concepts and innovations can range from ergonomic designs for computer mouse to software development to counter online problems.

Please keep the discussion civil and refrain from comments that are of questionable or confrontational nature. Refer to the index and guidelines thread if you are unsure of the rules.
    Last edited by goldb; December 13, 2012 at 06:45 AM.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Innovative Technologies and Concepts

This is in Spanish but well, it's about the Kinect technology of Microsoft that allows to expand the game screen.

I can see this becoming in the future in a special room in every gamer house dedicated to having the console there and playing :P
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the same article this morning but in english, here. It's an interesting concept for sure, I guess we'll get more information on it when Microsoft announces the new XBOX console at E3 later this year. It's called IllumiRoom btw.

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

This seems to be really promising technology, I must say. Thanks for the article guys - can't wait to see what develops from this type of system.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    This is in Spanish but well, it's about the Kinect technology of Microsoft that allows to expand the game screen.

I can see this becoming in the future in a special room in every gamer house dedicated to having the console there and playing :P
    Well, an entire room dedicated for a console is a bit extreme however perhaps the point can be made that things have been going in that direction since the nintendo wii. Ever since that particular console the space actually required to play has increased significantly depending on the game. With some games you would need at least a space of over 1 meter for a single player to be be able to move without hitting things. Then we have the PS3 with their move thingy and the xbox with the kinect. I would think that rather than having a room dedicated to a console the overall concept of a living room will change bit by bit. If you need more room to play a game then you also need some distance from the TV. If you are farther away from the TV then you need a larger tv to be able to use multiplayer comfortably. I wonder if there actually is a tendency of living rooms getting larger specifically to play video games.... Adding a special room for video games would be a tad on the expensive side, I question whether that even could become a thing for average joes out there.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

The illumi room as a concept seems awesome but in turn it does seem to have that tiny flaw of being expensive. I mean, wouldn't you need a large enough clear room for it? And of course you would need the the proyectors and the means to make the room at least dark enough for the images to appear clear which in some cases will result in people having to incur aditional blind expenses. Heck, even where I play video games I don't think I'd be able to make the room dark enough during the day, I would definitely need to spend decent money on new blinds.

Another scenario, what if someone already plays using a proyector as a screen? In that scenario it is entirely possible the screen would have to be smaller for the thing to not interfere which kinda clashes with the point of having a proyector to begin with.

New Reply