Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Nami's abilities

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nami's abilities

This idea came out of thinking about the tournament, but I was wondering if anyone else might agree with me. I think Nami's weather abilities should be able to harm Logias(at least some types), without needing Haki. Particularly her lightning should be able to damage some Logia types. It's not exactly something you can avoid by turning into an element. Caribou is a good example of someone I think her lightning would have been particularly effective against, since he's not exactly a typical Logia himself and swamps generally are pretty moist areas.

Maybe it's more like her abilities give her a better chance to exploit a Logia's natural weakness. For example, if she was fighting Crocodile, she could make it rain. Also, fighting against Monet here:http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c686/11.html, she was able to hurt her with her heat ball. Nami's abilities are powerful, and she definitely shouldn't be underestimated.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nami's abilities

Well, it would depend on the logia in question and how the author feels about the whole thing. There are situations when it would be useful but there are also plenty of abilities which would render her powers useless. Take ace for example. Would heat or cold balls affect him? I would argue neither would be an issue. Thunder should just go through him. Rain could be an issue but only in the scenario that the volume of water is large enough otherwise he could just evaporate the water as it comes. Akainu would be in an ambiguous place for example. From what I gather magma can be a good conductor (I could be way off with that) however it is entirely possible he can just let the thunder go to the earth or something. Heat obviously won't do a thing and cold would work only if nami's cold balls are insanely cold and have some volume. With rain it would be an even grimmer situation than against ace, water should melt before even reaching akainu. Rain should also be monet's enemy here, wouldn't she turn into mush if it rains? I think the effect could be similar to what happened to crocodile.... I don't think anything nami can do would affect enel for that matter. I guess rain could be a light issue however if water conducts electricity it could give him further mobility. I guess nami could use her thunder charged clouds to manipulate negative and positive charges and redirect enel's attacks. I wonder if nami can use positive thunder though, that could be an issue for enel.

I guess it ultimately depends on the scope of her weather control. Her clima tact seems to be based of the weather balls from skypeia and those were said to command enough power to throw the world into chaos. In a extreme scenario nami's ability could create a full blown tornado and a number of other natural disasters but we have yet to see her go all out.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, She ISactually searching for Kairoseki so I assume She will have some Logia fights in which her abilities will come handy.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Well, She ISactually searching for Kairoseki so I assume She will have some Logia fights in which her abilities will come handy.
    do you have a link for that? i dont seem to remember that happening

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueframe View Post
    do you have a link for that? i dont seem to remember that happening
    My mistake, it was Robin.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Leonsagara's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nami has shown an interest in Kairouseki though. She was eavesdropping when Coby was telling Luffy about its uses and Dr. Vegapunk.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Ahh nice.. thanks for clearing up. I guess Robin was looking for it to use it on the kids, but lets hope she brings it back to the ship. would love to see what Franky can make with the seastone..

New Reply