Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What's up with Edo Zombies' condition upon "revival"?

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's up with Edo Zombies' condition upon "revival"?

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    umm Nagato was born with red hair....but using RT to revive the leaf ninja drained his chakra turning his red hair white....then he died so yes he would have white hair upon revival

bigger question is why when nagato was live did he not absorb chakra and return to his younger self?
    Probably because he saw it useless since he was continuously pouring out chakra for the paths. According to Konan's reaction, Nagato used Gedo Mazou before Yahiko's death, and had some of his chakra drained. He between that time and the day of Yahiko's death managed to return to normal, so he could have absorbed chakra, if he was affected by the Gedo. But I guess Nagato saw absorbing chakra to return to the way he was as useless as it wouldn't have made a difference.

Or, since he's stupid, he didn't think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by number12michael View Post
    ah i understand, i guess there is still a lot about Edo Tensei that we dont know....i wish we could have a detailed explanation on exactly how it works.....maybe if Oro and sasuke really are unlocking the reaper seal to revive all the kages...maybe they will ask the second Hokage how he developed the technique , maybe he knows something about it that kabtuo and oro dont.

and i wonder if we will ever find out were kabuto got madaras DNA as Obito was shocked and wondered how he got his hands on it
    Kabuto could have found out where Madara's body was hidden OR found something that had enough of Madara's DNA on it. He did say how he could have revived Jiraiya or Shisui just by the blood on Pain's weapons or Shisui's eye, even if he couldn't find their bodies.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as Kabuto could resurrect Madara at a condition much stronger than he had in life (Rinnengan + young body [+ ??]) why didn't he do this for Nagato also?
    You'd think that having 2 massively OP ET zombies in his arsenal would be tactically advantageous...
    Infinite RAGE!

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What would be the difference, though? If Kabuto took complete control of Nagato, his legs wouldn't matter, and Nagato could fight as if his legs were 100% again. i think Kabuto cared more about the Rinnegan, whereas Madara had his taijutsu and needed full mobility to make the most use of his Sharingan.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    What would be the difference, though? If Kabuto took complete control of Nagato, his legs wouldn't matter, and Nagato could fight as if his legs were 100% again. i think Kabuto cared more about the Rinnegan, whereas Madara had his taijutsu and needed full mobility to make the most use of his Sharingan.
    Nagato was a cripple for what, 20 years?
    He hasn't used his legs for that amount of time, meaning that he lacked mobility regardless of how they were. And Kishi Kabuto didn't do it probably because he thought Itachi and Nagato were enough.
    And look at how nerfed Nagato was in that fight, he had to be given the intelligence of Akamaru to lose

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering that he was able to move fast and support the weight of Bee and Naruto without a problem when under Kabuto's control, I doubt the condition of his legs mattered. Nagato was still strong enough that it took an Edo Tensei rule for him to be beat - not focusing on Itachi as well since he's an Edo Tensei. Looks like Kabuto cared more about their eyes, as opposed to Madara.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Madara getting revived in his prime condition may have got something to do with his used DNA for Edo Tensei belonging to his prime days.
    Now, that would be possible somehow, but he wouldn't revive with the Rinnegan, if it was the case.
    Who knows, maybe Kabuto mixed his prime day DNA with the DNA of the time around his death and combined them to summon him?
    There is a really good question, though. Madara awakened the Rinnegan in his lifetime and died in an hidden underground pit. How on the earth Kabuto was able to collect his DNA from his dying time, I wonder..

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Uchiha_Blood's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering that he was able to move fast and support the weight of Bee and Naruto without a problem when under Kabuto's control, I doubt the condition of his legs mattered. Nagato was still strong enough that it took an Edo Tensei rule for him to be beat - not focusing on Itachi as well since he's an Edo Tensei. Looks like Kabuto cared more about their eyes, as opposed to Madara.
    As we know he didn't know all there was to know about Nagato ( him being a sensor, for example ) and he specifically said he lacked mobility, so while he was fast and strong it wasn't his full strenght, by any margin.
    Considering also Kabuto made him act like a retard

Its also true that, if Itachi and Nagato wouldn't have met Naruto, they would've soloed the Alliance by themselves. The only reason they didn't was plot Kotoamatsukami converting Itachi

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post
    As we know he didn't know all there was to know about Nagato ( him being a sensor, for example ) and he specifically said he lacked mobility, so while he was fast and strong it wasn't his full strenght, by any margin.

Its also true that, if Itachi and Nagato wouldn't have met Naruto, they would've soloed the Alliance by themselves. The only reason they didn't was plot Kotoamatsukami converting Itachi
    And despite being nowhere near his original strength, he overwhelmed two Jinchuurikis and one of the most skilled Uchiha ever on his own. But he was being controlled by Kabuto and had no consciousness.
    If he was conscious in that fight, he'd probably not go down, but then again, it probably was necessary for plot reasons, as he was too good to fight against and wasn't really going to be able to switch sides like Itachi did through Kotoamatsukami.

---------- Post added at 06:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

And didn't Kabuto even toyed with the possibility that Madara was going to be able to break free of his ET control and become an enemy for him in time?
    Then again, breaking free of ET (If you know the hand seals, says Madara, for a jutsu that has been developed probably after his death) is a mystery itself.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Blood View Post

I'm sure Kabuto made him smarter than he was in real life, the problem was Edo Tensei. But we even saw Kabuto wonder what jutsu to use, so it's pretty much clear that it's his fault that Nagato lost, not Nagato's mobility. I still think it's a flimsy excuse considering what we just saw controlled Nagato do. Nagato under Kabuto's control by himself did much better against Naruto and Bee than Pain against Naruto. <_<

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Kabuto made him smarter than he was in real life, the problem was Edo Tensei. But we even saw Kabuto wonder what jutsu to use, so it's pretty much clear that it's his fault that Nagato lost, not Nagato's mobility. I still think it's a flimsy excuse considering what we just saw controlled Nagato do. Nagato under Kabuto's control by himself did much better against Naruto and Bee than Pain against Naruto. <_<
    Nagato did a better job against Naruto and Bee and Itachi, because, um, it was Nagato.
    Six Paths of Pain, especially with their secret shared field of vision and respective abilities revealed, isn't anywhere near the level Nagato was. That's how Naruto was able to beat him and Jiraiya wasn't.
    Naruto himself pointed out that revived Nagato that time was "the real thing", because not only all powers of the Rinnegan was in a single body, but also that wasn't a corpse (well, Edo Tensei bodies are actually corpses, but never mind, that's going too literal) and when the jutsus are performed by the Rinnegan user himself its power is far above the level Nagato could get to, when controlling a corpse from far away through chakra rods.

These are the reason why Nagato looked so strong upon absorbing Bee's chakra. It had got nothing to do with Kabuto's tactics. In fact, you're right, it's Kabuto who used Nagato's body as a puppet and lost.
    He acted as blind as Itachi was around the time of his death by thinking that Rinnegan can never lose, but he was proven wrong.

That's why I'm suggesting Nagato would eventually defeat all three if he was the one manipulating the Rinnegan's power, and not Kabuto. At the very least, he wasn't going down anytime soon, because he's the one that has fought using the Rinnegan for years, not Kabuto.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

He was fighting Naruto and Bee, not Itachi. Itachi was the one fighting Nagato, which is why Nagato lost so easily. As much as I think Nagato is an idiot, there's no way he'd have lost like this if he was fighting seriously in his own mind. Nagato did much better under Kabuto's control, otherwise as Pain, he lost at least one body or got an injured body in the Invasion, and against Jiraiya and Naruto.

Even with shared vision and abilities bein revealed, Pain could have still beaten Naruto. Plot made him lose as he lost one of his advantages by fighting in the open, and I guess Nagato had to seriously be dumbed up to lose.

It had a lot to do with Kabuto's tactics considering he controlled what jutsu Nagato used, otherwise he wouldn't bother to remember what Nagato could do. I'm not sure if Nagato would have beaten the three, but he certainly wouldn't have lost the way he did, or that quickly. I'm not sure whether it's Kabuto's fault or Edo Tensei's, but Nagato never focused on Itachi, allowing Itachi to exploit the openings Nagato presented.

Though, wasn't Itachi blind or nearly blind when he died? Did Kabuto choose to revive Itachi before his final fight with Sasuke? He should've had difficulty seeing if Kabuto revived Itachi at his death.

Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

He was fighting Naruto and Bee, not Itachi. Itachi was the one fighting Nagato, which is why Nagato lost so easily. As much as I think Nagato is an idiot, there's no way he'd have lost like this if he was fighting seriously in his own mind. Nagato did much better under Kabuto's control, otherwise as Pain, he lost at least one body or got an injured body in the Invasion, and against Jiraiya and Naruto.

Even with shared vision and abilities bein revealed, Pain could have still beaten Naruto. Plot made him lose as he lost one of his advantages by fighting in the open, and I guess Nagato had to seriously be dumbed up to lose.

It had a lot to do with Kabuto's tactics considering he controlled what jutsu Nagato used, otherwise he wouldn't bother to remember what Nagato could do. I'm not sure if Nagato would have beaten the three, but he certainly wouldn't have lost the way he did, or that quickly. I'm not sure whether it's Kabuto's fault or Edo Tensei's, but Nagato never focused on Itachi, allowing Itachi to exploit the openings Nagato presented.

Though, wasn't Itachi blind or nearly blind when he died? Did Kabuto choose to revive Itachi before his final fight with Sasuke? He should've had difficulty seeing if Kabuto revived Itachi at his death.
    Yes, if we consider the fact that Kabuto was well focused on the Jinchuuriki to capture them and oddly, Itachi was the weakest link amongst all.
    What I suggested was actually Nagato fighting in his own mind and in his own body, so, Pain's lost bodies against Jiraiya and Naruto aren't relevant with my argument. Much of the power he showcased wasn't there because Kabuto used his jutsus perfectly, but because it was Nagato performing all those jutsus and not one of Pain's paths.
    I agree that fighting in a huge area to give Naruto chance to maneuver as he wished was a plot development so that Pain could be defeated.

About Itachi's eyesight, I don't know. It looks like Kabuto collected Itachi's DNA from a time well before he was on the verge of death somehow. I don't know how he was able to do it, but other than that, Itachi never looked like he was having a difficult time trying to see.
    Then again, he fought against Sasuke with nearly all of his eyesight gone and before the revelation of the condition of his eyes, I didn't even suspect a thing.

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually didn't think about that, but the age of DNA could explain why some were revived the way they were. Itachi could have been revived few weeks or months before his death because Kabuto got DNA that didn't have any info or whatever that Itachi's DNA up to his death had at the time. Might explain how Madara was revived in his prime as well.

True, but his eyesight was worse at the end of the fight than in the middle of it, especially when Itachi couldn't see the string or dodge the demon windmill shuriken. At times, he was even squinting or trying hard to look at Sasuke. Though I guess in a bright area, where there were big attacks and Kabuto controlling him, Itachi probably didn't need to have good eyes to see.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2