Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma , One Piece 764 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Kurapica vs Feitan

  1. #16
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Country
    Turkmenistan
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kurapica vs Feitan

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    I don't really get how people even think the Spiders can possibly match up against him without knowing his weakness. Kurapika's ability is downright broken. And no I doubt Hisoka would've contributed much since he already said his goal to ally with Kurapika is to exchange info, as opposed to battle to the death together. Certainly we didn't see any prediction about Spiders getting killed by Hisoka, so presumably the 6 kills are all done by Kurapika.
    They do know his weakness.........His abilities are only good agasint them and he can't attack anybody else with it. Reason why Pakunda sacrificed here self to give them all that info

    Quote Quote:
    Feitan's ability actually really sucks because you really shouldn't pause and wonder why the other guy suddenly changed his armor and whatnot. It's a standard 'use double aura for no reason' ability, i.e. you use X for heat and X to protect yourself (that's why he needs the armor), which means his normal defense goes to next to nothing similar how Gensuru's case. Now if you want to say Feitan's ability is hacks in that it not only does insane damage but also protects himself physically, in that case I can say Kurapika tosses a Chain Jail while he's preparing his move and Chain Jail pretty much beats anything outright. Honestly Kurapika can just punch him to death while he's using Pain Packer, and Zazan could've done so too if she didn't just decidee to do absolutely nothing while every single Spider was flaling their hands going "RUN FOR YOUR LIVES BIG MOVE COMING!"
    It doesn't suck and his armor is a conjure ability, good conjurers summon and dispel their ability at will really fast. Zazan fake Queen ant mentioned where he armor came from out of thin air and she didn't notice it appear...His armor is Pain Packer and his scorch technique is RIsing sun, Phinx mentioned there are different forms to Pain packer. Feitan didn't release his Rising Sun instantly because the Spiders were around, plus You can't rush or attack while your being burnt to a cinder. Did i mention he has more Techniques for his Pain Packer.

    Chrollo also notes Uvo is dim witted when fighting alone reason why he didn't take pre-cautions and use Gyo. When fighting a conjurer you have to be wary of their item they conjure and use Gyo. Plus the Spiders know his tricks and his weakness..And Feitan is faster much faster


    Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    And adding to what Phantron said, I think Phinx is a bigger threat. Feitan must receive damage for the Pain Packer to work and that could be lethal for him. Phinx, instead has a more natural gesture. Sure, it wont reach too many repetitions, but He can land a OHKO if He rolls his arm enough. And in that sense, Kurapika is fast but Uvogin was right: First strike wins.
    Well Uvo was going on pure brute strength there was suppose to be no way kurapicka could survive his blows without receiving high damage. He was wrong because Kurapicka is also an Enhancer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantron View Post
    Phinx wouldn't have much time to charge up anything since Kurapika can attack at range with his chains too.

    Kurapika really isn't that interested capturing at least based on the original prediciton, as 6 guys ended up being dead. Although Chain Jail actually isn't as ideal as some variants of his ability mentioned by Shalunark, it's still sufficient for a one hit kill for all practical purposes because Kurapika can use multiple chains. He can just use the regular chains that block bullets and that'd kill a Spider fine when they're trapped by Chain Jail, or just use Judgment Chain.

    Although Kurapika will definitely take significant damage, it really doesn't matter because he can heal himself.
    You can still spin his arms while moving, I agree with Uriel that he wouldn't get much spins in.

    Why would Kurapicka make an Hatsu to capture them then???? The prophecies weren't explicit besides little details like avoid dark rooms for Shizuku which was the hotel incident. The Prophecies were if they stayed and tried to find and kill Kurapicka. With inside intel from Hisoka he would have been getting the jump on them capturing them 1 by one either killing them from their with his hands or using Judgement chain and them killing themselves disobeying his rules.

    Like you said you can always attack him before he heals or when you notice he's healing.

    Kurapicka's character is designed to bring the Spider's to justice we wouldn't see him lose probably on page/. Outside in a forum or fan debate Kurapicka is dead cause he shouldn't be as skilled with nen as he is and there was still a difference a noticeable difference in skill between him and the Spider's especially thier battle force.

  2. #17
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MonsterEnvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    608
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kurapica vs Feitan

    It was never predicted that Kurapika would kill half of them. Just that the spider would lose half it's legs. Which happened already.

    The spider lost Uvogin, Pakunoda, Hisoka and Chrollo. A normal Spider only has 4 legs. It's a very clever riddle.
    Know your Place Humans

  3. #18
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    19
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kurapica vs Feitan

    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterEnvy View Post
    It was never predicted that Kurapika would kill half of them. Just that the spider would lose half it's legs. Which happened already.

    The spider lost Uvogin, Pakunoda, Hisoka and Chrollo. A normal Spider only has 4 legs. It's a very clever riddle.
    I disagree. He would have killed them,it was clearly explained that "lose its leg" meant death in the prediction,also Chrollo is still a spider even if he is not with them. It doesn't mean he would have killed them in straight fight, Kurapika is one of the smartest character in the manga and he was working with his friends( Chrollo would be dead if Gon and Killua weren't hostages). And it's not a normal spider, it's a spider with 12 legs, so 5 more would have been killed( Hisoka is not a spider so he doesn't count). Shizuku and Sharnalk would have been killed, Uvo was already dead and Paku was condemned too if I remember. Knowing Kurapika and with Hisoka's help, I bet he would have killed Kortopi and Nobunaga.
    http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic172142_25.gif

  4. #19
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,079
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kurapica vs Feitan

    For me it is hard to say just yet. One thing we do know is that kurapica is almost certainly more physically capable than any of the spiders so far. He picked uvo specifically to make sure of that. Speed is perhaps a different matter however at large kurapica with his specialization nen should be well capable of fighting evenly in terms of physical capacity. The issue then is not physical capacity but rather how he would match up in terms of hatsu. For that reason I would go for feitan at the moment. Kurapica's only real chance at winning this would be to catch him with the chain and force him to zetsu but other than that I don't think kurapica's hatsu would protect him even from the one armor feitan has shown.

  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,168
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kurapica vs Feitan

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    I disagree. He would have killed them,it was clearly explained that "lose its leg" meant death in the prediction,also Chrollo is still a spider even if he is not with them. It doesn't mean he would have killed them in straight fight, Kurapika is one of the smartest character in the manga and he was working with his friends( Chrollo would be dead if Gon and Killua weren't hostages). And it's not a normal spider, it's a spider with 12 legs, so 5 more would have been killed( Hisoka is not a spider so he doesn't count). Shizuku and Sharnalk would have been killed, Uvo was already dead and Paku was condemned too if I remember. Knowing Kurapika and with Hisoka's help, I bet he would have killed Kortopi and Nobunaga.
    There was no death sentence on Nobunaga nor Koratopi. Since Hisoka faked his death sentence, that means the remaining 2 deaths would be from Feitan, Phinx, and the boxing guy (they have insufficient data to make prediction).

    Since none of the death sentence mentions Hisoka directly, we can be pretty sure that Hisoka would never be directly involved. After all Hisoka said he's not teaming up with Kurapika to fight to the death. If Hisoka was supposed to actually participate, the death sentence would definitely mention him as well. In the 4 death sentences we know of, there's no direct mention of Hisoka anywhere, and it was quite clear the cause of death in these death sentence comes from Kurapika. So I doubt you'll see a scenario like say Kurapika is fighting Feitan, Phinx, and Hisoka, and then Hisoka suddenly backstabbed them and killed Feitan. That's not like Hisoka to do that, and since Neon's power can correctly identify who killed you, that'd mean the whole thing is just freak luck that whoever Hisoka participated in killing just happened to have inadequate information to make a fortune telling.

    ---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    For me it is hard to say just yet. One thing we do know is that kurapica is almost certainly more physically capable than any of the spiders so far. He picked uvo specifically to make sure of that. Speed is perhaps a different matter however at large kurapica with his specialization nen should be well capable of fighting evenly in terms of physical capacity. The issue then is not physical capacity but rather how he would match up in terms of hatsu. For that reason I would go for feitan at the moment. Kurapica's only real chance at winning this would be to catch him with the chain and force him to zetsu but other than that I don't think kurapica's hatsu would protect him even from the one armor feitan has shown.
    I don't get why a guy who was supposed to have kill half of the Spiders on his own (none of the 4 known death sentences mentions Hisoka) gets so little respect. If Feitan tried to pull his Pain Packer then Kurapika will just use Chain Jail and that totally kills Pain Packer (no aura = no hatsu). Keep in mind that Kurapika somehow fought Hisoka to a draw in the final Hunter exam based on other people's observation. Presumably that's a 'no aura' fight but that shows how incredibly high his base physical prowess is. Sure you can throw in aura except Kurapika's hatsus are absolutely hax compared to anything the Spiders have, so things can only get worse there.

  6. #21
    Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Country
    Venezuela
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Kurapica vs Feitan

    well kurapika is a genius and very strong. feita has a lot more experience and is incredibly strong probably the second on the ryodan.

    but for the fact that kurapika could capture the boss ... I would say kurapika wins.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts